Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:37:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407300 times)
creativex (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

Happy New Year everybody! Enjoy the holiday.

Daily dividend of 0.25169042 BTC(0.000452681/share) paid.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:45:53 PM

Good news! The flurry of sales in the past 24 hours has given us enough BTC to add an additional bASIC01 mining unit at current exchange rates when they become available, for a total of three ASICs.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:31:52 PM

Keep up the good work creativex! I just made my first deposit to btc-tc and picked up a share or two.    Wink
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2013, 08:17:28 PM by creativex

Keep up the good work creativex! I just made my first deposit to btc-tc and picked up a share or two.    Wink

Thank You! Welcome aboard! Smiley

I just made my first deposit to btc-tc and picked up a share or two.    Wink

lol

Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:18:10 PM

Good news! The flurry of sales in the past 24 hours has given us enough BTC to add an additional bASIC01 mining unit at current exchange rates when they become available, for a total of three ASICs.

Great news! ...  Again.

Delivery by Mid-January right?

*begins holding breath*
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 12:36:52 AM

I'm expecting late January, while holding out hope of a mid January shipping date.

havoc928

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 04:23:50 AM

Any chance you can post pictures of the whole mining setup? I am interested to see how it is set up Cheesy

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 11:32:38 AM

Sure I can snap some pics and post them up. Four of the cards are hashing from a Gigabyte s1366 board with dual PSUs. The whole thing is caseless so it ain't the pertiest thing ever, but it is a lot easier to work on this way.

Carnth

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 04:18:41 PM

Sure I can snap some pics and post them up.
[..]
The whole thing is caseless so it ain't the pertiest thing ever

Naked cards? Exposed boards? We love server/rig pr0n.
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

Sure I can snap some pics and post them up.
[..]
The whole thing is caseless so it ain't the pertiest thing ever

Naked cards? Exposed boards? We love server/rig pr0n.

Who doesn't right? Smiley Travelling today so the pr0n will likely have to wait till tomorrow...gotta earn my puppy chow. 

creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 08:24:35 PM by creativex

My camera is loaned out so I snapped a crumby phone pic. Neither the camera or the photographer are terribly effective I fear.

It's a Giga UD3R.r1 board w/ an i7-930, Corsair H50 cooler, 2GBx3 RAM, Corsair TX750 & Antec 620 PSUs. The cards pictured are the MSI 6950(unlocked to 1536 shaders), HIS 5830, Powercolor 6870, & a Sapphire 6770. All of the cards are overclocked via afterburner, but I don't overvolt as the killawatt says that just eats more power/Mh produced.

There's an unused PCIex16 slot at the bottom of the board, so I'll be looking to migrate another of the cards(6850) to this rig in the near future. I don't tend to interrupt the mining rig when it's behaving and just save all my alterations for when a restart is necessary for one reason or another. This rig has been peacefully mining without incident since the PCIe risers arrived on Xmas Eve. OS is WIN8 Pro with classic shell.  

Edit: I built the wooden cage/card holder when the cooling fans on the cards began croaking last year. The generic replacements take up more space and block too many slots to be practical without risers. Both fans on the 6950 have croaked and been replaced as well as the single fan on the 5830.

Edit2: The system is headless and I only flip on a monitor occasionally if I have reason to suspect something's amiss. The only drives are the OCZ 30GB SSD shown and the optical under it which hasn't been used since the OS was setup.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
⇾ Re: btt
January 04, 2013, 10:36:21 PM

Tom continues to tease. Lips sealed

Hello and Good Evening

Just wanted to keep this update warm because I am Still waiting for a phone call so I can finish this upcoming news release. Please continue to have patience with us - I am waiting on some confirmation that will give me the confidence to provide a definite shipping date like Avalon has already done. I took a few mins today to check up on BFL and It looks like they are in a similar situation as us. I think we are all learning the same lessons as to how much more difficult it is to release ASIC based Bitcoin technology than it is to design and release an ASIC based miner.

However I think we all agree it will be well worth the time, money, and effort.

Also I want to thank everyone for the feedback and positive response to the hosting plans, this is Dave's pet project and I am sure he will have some more solid information soon - he is already looking at locations and talking to electricians about upgrading the electrical frameworks.

He has the privilege of access to incredibly cheap electricity which can make this a game changer for many miners, especially those who are over seas

As soon as I get this phone call I will update this thread with the new news release which will be the most anticipated and exciting of news release of all.

If you don't hear back from me tonight you will see a full post from me in the morning.

I just paid the last two refund requests we have received - most customers have not taken advantage of our open refund policy and for that I thank you to all who are keeping cool and who have kept faith in us. We are working our asses off to make this a reality, and you can bet your ass it will be one soon

All my best, please stay tuned
be back very soon

Tom

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=863.0

Carnth

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:56:42 PM

Tom continues to tease. Lips sealed

*still holding breath... starting to turn blue*
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:13:17 AM

The natives are getting restless on his forum too. This ASIC pre-order thing is not for the faint of heart.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:14:48 PM

We had another busy day of sales yesterday, yielding us enough BTC at current exchange rates to obtain a fourth bASIC01 when they become available.

242 BTC have been raised in total for our bulk purchase. Thank you investors!

gimme_bottles

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:06:37 PM

We had another busy day of sales yesterday, yielding us enough BTC at current exchange rates to obtain a fourth bASIC01 when they become available.

great news!  Grin
creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:22:52 AM

great news!  Grin

Yes it is!

Daily dividend of 0.25776634 BTC(0.00028995/share) paid.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

Dividend of  0.24599664 a bit early today due to travel plans. Have a great day!

creativex (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:29:29 PM

Not entirely sure what to make of this post from Tom over the weekend:

I have a partial status update - I was hoping to release all the info at once but I know some of you feel like you are in the dark about what is going on, I do not intend to keep you in the dark about whats going on here - really I am just so consumed with this project and making sure it is a success and ships in a competitive time frame, I have really been focusing on this and I apologize for not keeping you updated as I once did.

More than one aspect of the bASIC device relies on countries that will be celebrating Chinese New Year Spring festival from 01/10-01/25

It Seems that all the ASIC mining device manufacturers are going to be affected by this Holiday.

The spring festival lasts 15 days and could potentially delay things significantly for all of us.

If anyone has ever ordered anything from China during one of their many festivals you know that its near impossible to get anything out of the country during this time.

Our layout is completed and I need to get the PCB's into fabrication - about an 8 day process. If they can't ship to me in a timely manner because of Chinese New year I can potentially have these PCB's fabricated domestically although it will cost me more money. Which I am prepared to pay if it will mean a more timely release, but is not an ideal situation. I usually get my boards fabricated by pcbcart which I have had many good experiences with - they are very professional, timely and inexpensive. If they will cause major delays because of the holiday I can have the boards fabbed at our assembly house which will save a lot of time. They are domestic and this will bring more parts of the process under the same roof - which will of course be a huge time savor.

One thing I cannot change is how the ASIC packaging and shipment which should be coming very soon will be effected by this holiday. This is what I am trying to determine, and I will let you know as soon as I know. Maybe I will know as early as Monday morning my time - these folks usually go back to work late Sunday night (my time ) and when they email me It's usually there for me early Monday morning.

We are in the final stretch here, we have this final logistical challenge but trust me I am working very hard and I am completely focused on getting this figured out and making sure we get this ramped up AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

It is very important for us to give our customers a competitive edge. We understand the kind of investment this is for you guys. You have money invested and you expect to get a return - we consider it a part of our jobs to give you the best return possible and as you all know there are many aspects that will affect your ROI - the big one of course is timely delivery everyone wants to get in before the initial ASIC driven difficulty jump and we promise to do everything we can to make this happen for you.

One other edge we can offer is our hosting plan - this will allow overseas customers to begin enjoying mining profits the same time as domestic miners, it will also give you the advantage of paying a small monthly fee instead of paying outrageous electrical usage bills.

So Basically if I can get the ASICs at least on their way here before the 10th I think we will be in very very good shape, and this is what I am striving for - everything else is either already completed or nearly completed and things are falling into place.

This is going to be a very interesting month, we will see how this holiday affects BFL, Avalon and ourselves. On the web site
http://www.avalon-asics.com/ it says they are shipping in 14 days but I have also heard them say on the forum that they will try to get as many units shipped as possible before the Chinese New year Starts. To me this sounds conflicting but I could be wrong.

So please continue your patience my friends and I promise to continue to update this every day - However I don't think I will know about the ASIC shipping until Monday , maybe Tuesday.

Stay tuned for my next update this time tomorrow
and thank you to all of our customers - we appreciate you all very much.

Until then
Tom

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=882.0

As the CNY dates are incorrect I don't see how this effects anything, but I'm seeking clarification. Since potential delays in BTCFPGA's shipping plans will obviously effect bASIC-MINING, it is something investors and potential investors should be aware of. 

gimme_bottles

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:09:52 AM

i am hoping for a very clear and honest statement in the btcfpga forum soon, since there are already lots of people who want to refund. also, just changing the website to a shipping date in march without any comment is not very professional...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: