Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Kids Stabbed At School In China  (Read 15543 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:01:38 PM

Well guns are bad... Mmmkay? They are only used for murdering people. Mmmkay? And knives, they are for killing people too. Mmmkay?

No but really guys, guns aren't the concern here. People have been killing each other for thousands of years first with rocks, then clubs, knives, spears, swords, bows, crossbows, and the list goes on. Banning firearms is only a shortcut to civil war. Gun control didn't stop a few men with box cutters from flying planes into buildings, it didn't stop a man with a fertilizer from bringing down a building, it hasn't stopped countless mothers from drowning their kids in a bathtub. Canada is just next door to us, and they have similar laws with the same population owning firearms. They have significantly less crime, and I think this is due to our own culture. Hell, even the FBI has shown that States with laws that don't restrict the people from owning and carrying are better off.

I'm not saying everyone should be granted RPG's and Tanks. Yes, lots of high firepower is restricted to the general people. This man that killed the kids was denied a firearm at a gun store a week before the shooting. And thumbs up for the store's seller that decided not to sell to the lunatic. He illegally stole firearms from relatives, in the same way other criminal's illegally acquire their own. I'm not fluent in CT law, but I would argue that non of the school staff were armed because of laws preventing them from protecting the children.

My argument here is that gun laws only helped this man commit the crime easier. But that's just my opinion guys. I really do think that banning firearms and taking them from homeowners will be a quick shortcut to civil war, and the collapse of the United States.

And last, please take a minute of your time to research "Zip Guns" and "Prison Guns". You can build firearms out of typical pens you write with, and simple plumbing. The Four Winds Shotgun is an excellent example:

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:07:26 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2012, 08:20:30 PM by FirstAscent

I went shooting this weekend. Put about 100rnds. through each of my assault rifles. But I must be doing it wrong because I didn't kill anything. In fact none of the guns I currently own have ever killed anything. With the exception of my CC weapon, they are for competitive shooting at targets.

Thank you for sharing these insights into your character and personal life. When I was a kid, like many other boys, I liked to squash, damage and destroy things. Like most adults, I outgrew such things. Suggestion: find a hobby which is stimulating to your mind and/or body. Try hiking, cooking, sailing, photography, reading, movie watching, painting, gardening, design, tennis, whatever.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:09:21 PM

In 2010, Automobile accidents claimed 32,885 lives. Is being able to travel at 70 miles per hour worth 32,000 lives per year?

Cars certainly enable things within our economy and our personal lives. Guns, not so much.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:15:12 PM

I went shooting this weekend. Put about 100rnds. through each of my assault rifles. But I must be doing it wrong because I didn't kill anything. In fact none of the guns I currently own have ever killed anything. With the exception of my CC weapon, they are for competitive shooting at targets.

Thank you for sharing these insights into your character and personal life. When I was a kid, like many other boys, I liked to squash, damage and destroy things. Like most adults, I outgrew such things. Suggestion: find a hobby which is stimulating to mind and/or body. Try hiking, cooking, sailing, photography, reading, movie watching, painting, gardening, design, tennis, whatever.

And when a mugger tries to take your wallet, you'll convince him to leave you alone with your impressive movie knowledge? No, I know, you'll paint him away!

In 2010, Automobile accidents claimed 32,885 lives. Is being able to travel at 70 miles per hour worth 32,000 lives per year?

Cars certainly enable things within our economy and our personal lives. Guns, not so much.

Guns enable personal defense, and the defense of the land as a whole. I would say security is much more important to trade than speed.

You remind me of my daughter. She sputters and flails, too.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:18:36 PM

Thank you for sharing these insights into your character and personal life. When I was a kid, like many other boys, I liked to squash, damage and destroy things. Like most adults, I outgrew such things. Suggestion: find a hobby which is stimulating to mind and/or body. Try hiking, cooking, sailing, photography, reading, movie watching, painting, gardening, design, tennis, whatever.

And when a mugger tries to take your wallet, you'll convince him to leave you alone with your impressive movie knowledge? No, I know, you'll paint him away!

I've never encountered a mugger in all my life. I don't know a single person who has. Maybe there are intelligent and sensible ways to reduce ever encountering a mugger in the first place.

Guns enable personal defense, and the defense of the land as a whole. I would say security is much more important to trade than speed.

Try locking your door at night.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

And how is that supposed to stop someone from stealing cargo? You'll note that Brinks guards, when transporting money, use both cars, and guns.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:25:33 PM

And how is that supposed to stop someone from stealing cargo? You'll note that Brinks guards, when transporting money, use both cars, and guns.

As well they should - they might be carrying your money or my money. But are you carrying a million dollars in cash and simultaneously advertising the fact? Please answer.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:30:31 PM

Door locks are to keep honest people honest.  They do nothing to deter dishonest people.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:31:27 PM

Steelcase Leap Ergonomic

Door locks are to keep honest people honest.  They do nothing to deter dishonest people.

Yes they do. Nice try, though.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:33:51 PM

As well they should - they might be carrying your money or my money. But are you carrying a million dollars in cash and simultaneously advertising the fact? Please answer.
No, I am not. However, when I travel, I am carrying something infinitely more precious: my two daughters.

Steelcase Leap Ergonomic

Door locks are to keep honest people honest.  They do nothing to deter dishonest people.

http://bit.ly/UlqqWy

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:38:00 PM

No, I am not. However, when I travel, I am carrying something infinitely more precious: my two daughters.

Steelcase Leap Ergonomic

http://bit.ly/UlqqWy

You suffer from the notion that because something is possible, it is the norm. As I said in the other post, you're a dumbfuck. And you suffer from the delusion that the others you're arguing with are as dumb as you.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:41:23 PM

You suffer from the notion that because something is possible, it is the norm. As I said in the other post, you're a dumbfuck. And you suffer from the delusion that the others you're arguing with are as dumb as you.

If your best argument is "you're a dumbfuck," then it's quite clear that you are much less intelligent than I.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:43:32 PM

If your best argument is "you're a dumbfuck," then it's quite clear that you are much less intelligent than I.

No, my arguments precede and/or follow my labeling of you. Now answer the question about the Brinks guards. Or were you hoping that would go by unnoticed?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:46:52 PM

No, my arguments precede and/or follow my labeling of you. Now answer the question about the Brinks guards. Or were you hoping that would go by unnoticed?
I did answer that. You even quoted it.

Now who's the dumbfuck? Smiley

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:51:26 PM

Seriously, FirstAscent, just stop. This is like Verne Troyer trying to take on Mike Tyson. Funny, but it gets painful to watch after a few rounds. You're not even putting on as good a show as Verne would.

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:52:56 PM

No but really guys, guns aren't the concern here. People have been killing each other for thousands of years first with rocks, then clubs, knives, spears, swords, bows, crossbows, and the list goes on. Banning firearms is only a shortcut to civil war. Gun control didn't stop a few men with box cutters from flying planes into buildings, it didn't stop a man with a fertilizer from bringing down a building, it hasn't stopped countless mothers from drowning their kids in a bathtub. Canada is just next door to us, and they have similar laws with the same population owning firearms. They have significantly less crime, and I think this is due to our own culture. Hell, even the FBI has shown that States with laws that don't restrict the people from owning and carrying are better off.

Similar? Laws are a LOT more stricter than in the US. Basically, everything that is semi-automatic, automatic is completely banned. Everything that could help concealed guns (silencers, small handguns) are banned. Every permitted firearms need to be sealed, unloaded with the ammunitions separated from the firearm. If you want to transport your gun, it must be unloaded. You also need a permit to own a gun (but the conservatives are trying to break the registry right now).

Laws alone don't prevent gun crimes. But it help, especially since the firearm culture is different. Seeing a loaded gun is unusual here, so people are going to call the police when they see a gun in a unusual location (like everywhere except shooting ranges and hunting grounds). For example, two months ago in my city, a teenager was going to a paintball activity with his school and brought his own paintball gun with him while walking to school. Somebody spotted the paintball gun, called the police, and the teenager was arrested with 5-6 police cars with guns draw against him.

People are afraid of guns, so as soon as one is seen, they usually report it really fast to the police. And the police have access to a good group of laws to presses charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:57:26 PM

Somebody spotted the paintball gun, called the police, and the teenager was arrested with 5-6 police cars with guns draw against him.

So, because he had a harmless (well, not totally, but certainly relative to a real firearm) toy, 5 or six cops pulled real guns on him and locked him in a cage?

And this is seen not only as OK, but a good thing? What if he'd been shot?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 09:00:58 PM

Steelcase Leap Ergonomic

Door locks are to keep honest people honest.  They do nothing to deter dishonest people.

Uh... no they don't.  Can you tell me how your puny little door lock will stop my foot?  The door frame to your house is made of wood... oh what's that?  You have a metal door frame and a reinforced slide on the door?  That doesn't stop a 40lb door ram (there's a reason police use it to bust down doors).  But seriously, why bother with a door when there's 1/8" of glass keeping people out of a structure?  Any handy rock will take care of that problem.

Subtly you say?  The lock picking link above is good... a credit card works fine unless you have a deadbolt on, then just resort to lock picking.

I'm going to make a guess here: You think that having more lights (streetlights, porch light, etc...) in your neighborhood is a good thing and makes your neighborhood safer, too, right?

Door locks do nothing but keep honest people honest.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 09:15:16 PM

I can't believe in this day and age we allow people to have knives.

Knives have other practical uses besides killing...
Oh, like a say... a gun.  Grin

Guns are for killing. Nothing else. Unlike cars, trains, planes, knives, axes and lawnmowers.

Bullshit. My pistol is used for sport shooting (uspsa), and the only thing my AK kills is cardboard at the range.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 09:19:08 PM

Steelcase Leap Ergonomic

Uh... no they don't.  Can you tell me how your puny little door lock will stop my foot?  The door frame to your house is made of wood... oh what's that?  You have a metal door frame and a reinforced slide on the door?  That doesn't stop a 40lb door ram (there's a reason police use it to bust down doors).  But seriously, why bother with a door when there's 1/8" of glass keeping people out of a structure?  Any handy rock will take care of that problem.

Subtly you say?  The lock picking link above is good... a credit card works fine unless you have a deadbolt on, then just resort to lock picking.

I'm going to make a guess here: You think that having more lights (streetlights, porch light, etc...) in your neighborhood is a good thing and makes your neighborhood safer, too, right?

Door locks do nothing but keep honest people honest.

You're like myrkul. He and I already had this conversation. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's the norm. And regarding credit cards - did you learn that from TV shows? LOL, you're an idiot.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: