Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoothie and cypherdoc  (Read 29384 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:09:12 AM

As often as you send emails you could take credit for the stock market crashing or any other fiat currency pair tanking. So not sure what you've proven given the high frequency of your email alerts and the vagueness of could vs would.

All you've proven is I have bad math skills today. LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:09:57 AM

All you've proven is I have bad math skills today. LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

i think i've proven much more than that.

This thread was not about me. This thread was about you.

Perhaps you have proved more than just that....(still waiting for you to fill in the blanks).

I've made my concerns very clear even so that the Speculation moderator noticed it.

I believe you are a good man. I just think sometimes you overshoot your mark on your claims and give yourself more credit than is due.

Also retracting and making claims and personal attacks against me doesn't help either. Thank you for acknowledging that you did indeed do that.

If you truly believe what you say then you shouldn't have to tout it right? I think we can both say that we agree to disagree here.

I think you have mislead with your statement and claims of "calling the top" when telling people at the same time NOT TO SELL.

But that is my take on it. It really doesn't matter what I think. This thread was to open up discussion of what I believed to be potentially harmful and untrue claims. It matters what everyone else who you shoot alerts out to thinks.

Shoot... even I could have said I called my futures trade of $11 3.5 months out (the one that ended on October 31st). Did I really tout that? Not really...it was kind of cool to be right. In fact I didn't even think I was going to be right. I thought the price would be higher.

I'm not telling you anything I wouldn't do myself okay? take it for what it is worth.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:57:21 AM

Cypher,  Kiss Kiss Kiss LOL!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:01:51 AM

i seriously think that you're all out of the market right now and trying to precipitate a selloff so you can get back in.  i'm just messing up those plans aren't i by just talking truths?

Nope. Wrong. Not all out at all. Once again wrong.  Cheesy

Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:07:55 AM

yeah, i'm comin' for ya smoothie.  Wink
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:28:08 AM

yeah, i'm comin' for ya smoothie.  Wink

Okay I'll be waiting... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 05:20:23 PM

Summary:
Smoothie isn't trolling. He is genuinely concerned about how cypherdoc worded his post, and thinks it could mislead people into subscribing for his service. cypherdoc originally thought nothing was wrong with his post, and asked Smoothie to provide evidence (the timestamps.) Smoothie provided the timestamps, but cypherdoc pointed out that many other emails sent around the time had shown a selloff was coming.

Conclusion:
cypherdoc could correct his original statement of, "i alerted my subs during the August selloff minutes before it happened" into something like, "My subscribers knew well ahead of time a selloff was coming in August." I think that's all Smoothie is getting at.

EDIT:
I have now learned that cypherdoc warned his subscribers within 2 hours of the sell off. I retract my statement.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 05:45:37 PM

Summary:
Smoothie isn't trolling. He is genuinely concerned about how cypherdoc worded his post, and thinks it could mislead people into subscribing for his service. cypherdoc originally thought nothing was wrong with his post, and asked Smoothie to provide evidence (the timestamps.) Smoothie provided the timestamps, but cypherdoc pointed out that many other emails sent around the time had shown a selloff was coming.

Conclusion:
cypherdoc could correct his original statement of, "i alerted my subs during the August selloff minutes before it happened" into something like, "My subscribers knew well ahead of time a selloff was coming in August." I think that's all Smoothie is getting at.

EDIT:
I have now learned that cypherdoc warned his subscribers within 2 hours of the sell off. I retract my statement.

cypherdoc is a good analyst, that keeps up with all the news and stuff... he knows his shit, that's the bottom line.

if your looking at the speculation forum trying to figure out if your should Buy, Sell or Hold, your doing it wrong, and you should subscribe to cypherdoc's service.

I make bold predictions based on intuition more then anything else, if you want you can fallow my lead hereCheesy

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:47:55 PM

Summary:

Conclusion:

EDIT:

I still think it is misleading to say he called it minutes BEFORE and DURING (logical fallacy)

i said long ago that most of you around here will get shaken out of this bull market by overtrading.  i see plenty of evidence that this is happening.  

Don't be bothered by TA skeptics and always bullish people, this is a rich and extensive analysis considering it's free. Keep it up.

and i'm not always bullish; i alerted my subs during the August selloff minutes before it happened.  from that move it was obvious what would happen so you can't call me a permabull.

and yet he never really called it. Not much of a call to say "we could have a drop soon". Shoot I called $11 on October 31st 3.5 months out. Did I guarantee it? No.

But at the rate Cypher sends emails out saying "DO NOT SELL" (within 24 hours of his "call" email) then says "we COULD drop" is hardly a call. In fact it is contradicting.

He would have been right if the price went down $0.01 that day right? lol...plus the other funny thing is minutes do not equal hours. He overshot his mark on his call time and his actual email that mentioned the "drop" which could have been any $ amount including just a penny drop in price.

I don't see the value in saying "we could drop" and yet telling people "do not sell" at the same time. There is no value because it is the equivalent of saying the price could go up and the price could go down. LOL!

This is my take on all of it. Cypher has good insight BUT he portrays himself as higher (or better) than he really is. Misleading is misleading.

Carry on!  Cheesy

EDIT: If it was so OBVIOUS what would happen, why did he not make a more specific call like "we could see a drop to $12 area"?...I think we all know why.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:52:15 PM

Yes, but when I made the original statement I thought it was ~1 day+. 2 hours in my opinion still counts as minutes beforehand. Its close enough. Anything over 3 hours is pushing it "minutes"-wise.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:55:26 PM

Yes, but when I made the original statement I thought it was ~1 day+. 2 hours in my opinion still counts as minutes beforehand. Its close enough. Anything over 3 hours is pushing it "minutes"-wise.

I see your point. But you did not address him saying not to sell and that there COULD be a drop in the same 24 hour period.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:41:54 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 10:06:22 PM by cypherdoc

I see your point. But you did not address him saying not to sell and that there COULD be a drop in the same 24 hour period.

a real trick in riding a wave up is trying to time the exit while trying to maximize the gain.  this is why i said "do not sell" 24h before.  i didn't calculate the extra gain involved right to the apex mainly b/c we can't get the exact time it topped btwn 12:10 PM and 2:20 PM but it was a significant amount added by holding right to the top when i gave the warning.  

sure, i could have screamed "SELL NOW" instead of "could have a pullback now" and it would've been better.  but this isn't easy work and you know i hadn't said anything like that since the beginning of the newsletter back in April.  when you were a sub in July and August.

the problem i have is with all the retractions and corrections i've been able to force you to make during this thread precisely b/c i was able to hunt down the real proof in the emails.  you say it's "just a math error" on your part.  no, its way more than that.  all those different hourly times you threw out there were not calculations at all; they were made up according to your memory of the situation.  how can you accuse somebody of lying when you haven't bothered to investigate the hard facts?  there are actually legal penalties exacted against ppl when they do those sorts of things; its called slander.  you even missed the entire day of the drop 8/17 vs. 8/18 that you claimed and even said you remember sleeping during the time all those "hours".  all that was blatantly false.

this is why ppl call you a troll; you sling so much crap out there and a lot of it sticks b/c ppl just don't have the energy or time to fight so they just give up and just ignore you.  i won't stand for it and i don't trust you.  that is why is quoted all the posts that had lies in them b/c i was afraid you'd change the posts.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:45:42 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 09:55:55 PM by smoothie

a real trick in riding a wave up is trying to time the exit while trying to maximize the gain.  this is why i said "do not sell 24h before.  i didn't calculate the extra gain involved right to the apex mainly b/c we can't get the exact time it topped btwn 12:10 PM and 2:20 PM but it was a significant amount added by holding right to the top.  

sure, i could have screamed "SELL NOW" instead of "could have a pullback now" and it would've been better.  but this isn't easy work and you know i hadn't said anything like that since the beginning of the newsletter back in April.  

the problem i have is with all the retractions and corrections i've been able to force you to make during this thread precisely b/c i was able to hunt down the real proof in the emails.  you say it's "just a math error" on your part.  no, its way more than that.  all those different hourly times you threw out there were not calculations at all; they were made up according to your memory of the situation.  how can you accuse somebody of lying when you haven't bothered to investigate the hard facts?  there are actually legal penalties exacted against ppl when they do those sorts of things; its called slander.  you even missed the entire day of the drop 8/17 vs. 8/18 that you claimed and even said you remember sleeping during the time all those "hours".  all that was blatantly false.

this is why ppl call you a troll; you sling so much crap out there and a lot of it sticks b/c ppl just don't have the energy or time to fight and give up and just ignore you.  i won't stand for it.

How would I know this Cypher (BOLD)? I was only a subscriber in July and August.

More disinformation you want to spew?  Cheesy

Edit: You question me on my calls and I admit I was wrong on the math. But you still lied because you don't know for absolute sure it was minutes and not hours (or even an hour). Plus you never really CALLED the drop. You merely said it could happen. Wow such an awesome call buddy!  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:47:49 PM

a real trick in riding a wave up is trying to time the exit while trying to maximize the gain.  this is why i said "do not sell 24h before.  i didn't calculate the extra gain involved right to the apex mainly b/c we can't get the exact time it topped btwn 12:10 PM and 2:20 PM but it was a significant amount added by holding right to the top.  

sure, i could have screamed "SELL NOW" instead of "could have a pullback now" and it would've been better.  but this isn't easy work and you know i hadn't said anything like that since the beginning of the newsletter back in April.  

this is why ppl call you a troll; you sling so much crap out there and a lot of it sticks b/c ppl just don't have the energy or time to fight and give up and just ignore you.  i won't stand for it.

How would I know this Cypher (BOLD)? I was only a subscriber in July and August.

More disinformation you want to spew?  Cheesy

i am really not there as an analyst to tell you exactly what to do and when.  you have to think on your own. 
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:55:27 PM

let me say this also; i actually like you when you aren't trolling.  i also know that you're a smart guy.  why can't you just let ppl see the good things in you, like i do most of the time?
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:56:52 PM

i am really not there as an analyst to tell you exactly what to do and when.  you have to think on your own.  

I like how you did not even admit you were wrong in your assumptions of the FACTS of WHEN I was a subscriber. Once again Cypher ignoring the facts and truth and when he makes a mistake overlooks it and diverts attention. Classic.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT: IF YOU ARE NOT AN ANALYST YOU SHOULDN'T BE TELLING PEOPLE "NOT TO SELL". OKAY?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:58:23 PM

let me say this also; i actually like you when you aren't trolling.  i also know that you're a smart guy.  why can't you just let ppl see the good things in you, like i do most of the time?

I speak my mind and I call things as I see it. Yes I make mistakes and I admit to them. But how can one "let people see something"? I'm as open and honest as anyone on this forum could be (except my true identity which is understandable). People will see what they want to see or they will see as it is. I'm not in any position to "let people see" anything that I already am showing now.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

i am really not there as an analyst to tell you exactly what to do and when.  you have to think on your own.  

I like how you did not even admit you were wrong in your assumptions of the FACTS of WHEN I was a subscriber. Once again Cypher ignoring the facts and truth and when he makes a mistake overlooks it and diverts attention. Classic.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT: IF YOU ARE NOT AN ANALYST YOU SHOULDN'T BE TELLING PEOPLE "NOT TO SELL". OKAY?

i went back and changed it.  happy now?
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:09:46 PM

My request was that you admit you were wrong. Not that you change it. I've already quoted it so it still exists.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:12:06 PM

My request was that you admit you were wrong. Not that you change it. I've already quoted it so it still exists.

imagine if i went back and picked apart all the errors in your statements above and beyond what i've already had to do that have no bearing on what we are arguing here.  we'd double the size of this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: