Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MemoryDealers.com founder Roger Ver abuses admin access at Blockchain.info  (Read 28707 times)
CharlieContent (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:26:57 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 08:31:42 PM by CharlieContent

Roger Ver has access to the Blockchain.info database and is prepared to abuse it in order to take revenge over a customer service dispute in one of his other businesses.

See this thread for more details:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131574.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbitman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:34:37 PM

reserved to supply more info here.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:36:28 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 08:09:24 PM by MemoryDealers

CharlieContent, This issue has been settled now.
Blockchain.info user funds were safe,  and currently are safe.
At no point was anyone's money in any danger whatsoever.

I no longer have access to any part of Blockchain.info's admin pannel.

I think you should change the thread title to something that is actually true.

Roger Ver

CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:39:08 PM

Reserved if needed. 
(I didn't leak or abuse any information at all from Blockchain,  please read the other thread.)

You didn't leak any of it, but you have access to a TON of information about account holders and their accounts, and you were prepared to leverage this information to resolve a customer service dispute in a completely unrelated business. I call that abusing it.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:43:04 PM

reserved too!

I just wanted to mention that a skilled blockchain.info admin can perfectly steal your funds. He just needs to change the javascript sent to your browser in order to get your password.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:47:19 PM

Reserved for a gif or something.  Not sure yet.  We all already knew that there were risks in using browser based wallets, right?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:47:54 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 03:03:29 PM by MemoryDealers

I just wanted to mention that a skilled blockchain.info admin can perfectly steal your funds. He just needs to change the javascript sent to your browser in order to get your password.

This is not true.

See here:  https://blockchain.info/wallet/verifier

It should also be noted that ThomasV runs a competitor to Blockchain.info

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:51:54 PM

This is not true.

See here:  https://blockchain.info/wallet/verifier

what is the percentage of your users that install it?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157

Hello!

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:53:11 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 03:04:26 PM by itsgoldbaby

You're an idiot Charlie.

EDIT: Fixed grammar by request.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:58:03 PM

what is the percentage of your users that install it?
The same that take care of the security of their computer.
I don't see this as a real problem.
There is a solution, users are free to use it or not.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:58:33 PM

Your an idiot Charlie.

*You're
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:58:49 PM

So, if I have this right.  A scammer gives blockchain.info his bitcoins for safe keeping, scams the guy who runs it, and then complains that blockchain.info might maybe want their BTC back even though that can't happen anyway?

GTFO!

I think I'm going to go buy something off bitcoinstore.com just to counteract your stupidity.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 03:01:55 PM

So, if I have this right.  A scammer gives blockchain.info his bitcoins for safe keeping, scams the guy who runs it, and then complains that blockchain.info might maybe want their BTC back even though that can't happen anyway?

GTFO!

I think I'm going to go buy something off bitcoinstore.com just to counteract your stupidity.

Thank you for understanding what happend!!!

itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157

Hello!

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:02:52 PM

Your an idiot Charlie.

I know I am an idiot, but I can fix grammar.
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:05:43 PM

GTFO!

You have it completely wrong.

1. This guy wasn't a scammer. Read the thread.

2. Blockchain.info don't want their BTC back. It's a totally separate business.

3. The problem is, as I said, that Roger Ver has access to a lot of information about account holders and their accounts, and he was prepared to leverage this information to resolve a customer service dispute in a completely unrelated business.

It's a bit rich that you would call me stupid, really.
Rob E

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

Fuck that guy charlie content didnt he start a thread cassing out how to steal bitcoin.. And now he's having a big cry about someone checking up on transactions and proves that indeed bcs were sent to an adress someone was denying.  And he's crying about it? Something shows theres more to it than this.
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:08:26 PM

Haha, I think it's pretty ridiculous that you would call me an idiot when you are unable to even write your insult correctly. Smiley
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:08:40 PM

GTFO!

You have it completely wrong.

1. This guy wasn't a scammer. Read the thread.

2. Blockchain.info don't want their BTC back. It's a totally separate business.

3. The problem is, as I said, that Roger Ver has access to a lot of information about account holders and their accounts, and he was prepared to leverage this information to resolve a customer service dispute in a completely unrelated business.

It's a bit rich that you would call me stupid, really.

At this point, your asking me to either believe a long standing, trusted member of the community plus my own interpretation of reading the thread...or believe the scammer.

WHICH WILL I CHOOSE?! It is so hard!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:09:25 PM

Fuck that guy charlie content didnt he start a thread cassing out how to steal bitcoin

Uh, no? I dunno what "cassing" is, but I'm pretty sure that you have the wrong guy.
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 03:10:31 PM

At this point, your asking me to either believe a long standing, trusted member of the community plus my own interpretation of reading the thread...or believe the scammer.

WHICH WILL I CHOOSE?! It is so hard!

Why break the habit of a lifetime, right? Smiley

I think you have the facts wrong though. No one is asking you to believe the "scammer". (In all honesty I don't think he's technically a scammer. Ver paid him back too much money in error and he kept it, not really a scam. More like Ver fucked up. A scam usually involves deception, not taking advantage of someone else's mistake, although of course that is also wrong.)

All you have to do is read what Roger Ver himself wrote in that thread. He said himself that he has access to a lot of information about account holders and their accounts, and we can see for ourselves in the email chain he posted that he was prepared to leverage this information to resolve a customer service dispute in a completely unrelated business.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: