Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]pledge for the release of 100% faster cuda 7.5 nvidia miner for neoscrypt  (Read 17263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 09:12:38 AM

For those interested in the OS issue, I just booted off a Win 8.1 x64 drive, same rig, same settings, hash went from previous 720 kH/s (Win 10 x64) to 837 kH/s. Using ccminer-djm34-neoscrypt-65.

Now try Windows 10 Pro 64Bit. I believe you will go even faster. I did Smiley
from the discussion we had on irc, I understood you were running only amd cards  Grin

from my experience but that was right after the launch of win 10 (first install 2 or 3 days after the official win10 launch; second and last, was a month later with the release of new nvidia drivers) the performance on lyra and neoscrypt was rather bad (and gaming was laggy as well) and I preferred to go back to win 8.1. Might try again (in principle you can revert during the first month...  Grin so far I reverted after 4 or 5 hours each time...).
However there is a cuda win10 version, I never tried it, so may-be it requires to recompile with it (?), so if someone has win10 and knows to compile, he can try that: download the cuda win10 edition and recompile with it and see what will happen.

True true. Was mainly referring to the fact that mining in general went a bit faster when i switched to win10. I assumed that would have been the same for Nvidia based cards.

But that seems not to be true.  Smiley

actually memory hard algo speed went a bit down, which is in my opinion linked to the memory management in win10 (or the wdm windows driver model)

NeoScrypt is FAR from memory-hard.
still is, because of the wandering phase... (let say "mildly" memory hard Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VikingMiner

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:18:17 PM

@Djm34,

Thanks for all the great work that you did on the miner!  I have noob question (sorry). 

It looks like with this new release that you were able to get increase the performance of the GTX 980 to 800-900 KH/s range.

I saw this post here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/4690-new-ccminer-fork-by-djm34-with-neoscrypt-and-yescrypt-support/ which shows that your CCMiner fork was hitting 1100KH/s for the GTX 980.

(pic):
http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ccminer-djm-edition-yescrypt.jpg

Can you help me understand why the new miner is performing lower than your release back in May 2015?  Have the algo's increased that much?

Is it still possible to get 1100 KH/s from a GTX 980?

Again, my apologies for the noob question.  I was just about to build a GTX 980 rig, so I am trying to do my homework ahead of time to see what's the best hashrate I can get out of it.

Thanks
~VikingMiner~

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:36:06 PM

Can you help me understand why the new miner is performing lower than your release back in May 2015?  Have the algo's increased that much?

More than one card in the rig. Run ccminer With the -q option and you will see.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:27:09 PM

@Djm34,

Thanks for all the great work that you did on the miner!  I have noob question (sorry).  

It looks like with this new release that you were able to get increase the performance of the GTX 980 to 800-900 KH/s range.

I saw this post here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/4690-new-ccminer-fork-by-djm34-with-neoscrypt-and-yescrypt-support/ which shows that your CCMiner fork was hitting 1100KH/s for the GTX 980.

(pic):

Can you help me understand why the new miner is performing lower than your release back in May 2015?  Have the algo's increased that much?

Is it still possible to get 1100 KH/s from a GTX 980?

Again, my apologies for the noob question.  I was just about to build a GTX 980 rig, so I am trying to do my homework ahead of time to see what's the best hashrate I can get out of it.

Thanks
~VikingMiner~

no problem  Smiley

actually what you are seeing in the jpg isn't the hashrate of one card but the sum of my 2 gtx980 which were both running at 550kh/s each, hence the hashrate you are seeing. It is much slower than in the new software, where each card are getting around 850kh/s (hence would be equivalent here to 1700kh/s for the 2 gtx980). So it is a gain of 50% compared to the one in the jpg.  

cheers,
djm

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:45:55 AM

djm Someone made a youtube video of your miner.....  Cheesy  not me though.

New DJM34 CCminer For Neoscrypt / Feathercoin Is Awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6uvZNt674
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:33:11 AM

Let's refresh this thread. I have spent some time on djm34's miner. Stripped it down to NeoScrypt only, modified for Visual Studio 2010 compatibility to produce valid binaries for Windows XP and up, added support for UTF-16, replaced some code with more appropriate, a few more tweaks, etc. Long story short, it runs 17% faster now.

That's a GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz shaders. It could do almost 240KH/s previously. Don't know how much big Maxwells like GTX 980 gain with it since I don't own any, so here we come to the point. Donate towards my purchase of a GTX 980 for the future development and I release my modded miner open source. The grand total is 1 BTC, however I may consider to let it go public if the donation volume exceeds 0.5 BTC. To make it fair, those who donate substantial amounts get miner binaries anyway.

1KqBw6tEWgmzoorx2PQAvr9GrbnkVWFn6M

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:48:46 AM

Let's refresh this thread. I have spent some time on djm34's miner. Stripped it down to NeoScrypt only, modified for Visual Studio 2010 compatibility to produce valid binaries for Windows XP and up, added support for UTF-16, replaced some code with more appropriate, a few more tweaks, etc. Long story short, it runs 17% faster now.

That's a GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz shaders. It could do almost 240KH/s previously. Don't know how much big Maxwells like GTX 980 gain with it since I don't own any, so here we come to the point. Donate towards my purchase of a GTX 980 for the future development and I release my modded miner open source. The grand total is 1 BTC, however I may consider to let it go public if the donation volume exceeds 0.5 BTC. To make it fair, those who donate substantial amounts get miner binaries anyway.

watched your progress ... and its paying off ...

ill test with 980ti g1 cards and the extremes also ...

we have a bit to chat about mate ... i need the linux code to compile ...

great work ...

#crysx

s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:20:48 AM

great work ...

#crysx

LOL that is all.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 05:17:37 AM

great work ...

#crysx

LOL that is all.

which means? ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:26:41 AM

Good job
The 980ti is the work horse ..I recommend it over the 980 gtx.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:32:18 AM

So this is the third pledge for a faster neoscrypt (two by djm34 and now another one, which is even more expensive).
I wonder how people, who already donated two times, feel now :-)
I released a 10% faster neoscrypt for free, I must have been crazy!!!! LoL!

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 11:03:00 AM

So this is the third pledge for a faster neoscrypt (two by djm34 and now another one, which is even more expensive).

The greediness is everywhere.

(Before anyone starts, i don't need a statement of how hard everyone works.... Read that over and over again..)

It's all about the money.  Cool

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

The greediness is everywhere.

(Before anyone starts, i don't need a statement of how hard everyone works.... Read that over and over again..)

It's all about the money.  Cool
Yes there is a person that is legionary that hasn't posted in 3/4 of a year that has in his signature  " IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GOLD "  Grin
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:55:19 PM

Considering the amount of work involved (executable size with static linking is just 1Mb now vs. 40Mb before) and the fact that I'm not really interested in development of ccminer, and hasn't ever used it myself until recently, and have no sponsors like Nicehash, here we go. My performance improvement in absolute hash rate is high as djm34's last work (200KH/s -> 240KH/s -> 280KH/s) yet it's alright for him to ask 2.5 BTC and not alright for me to ask even 0.5 BTC?

great work ...

#crysx

I can share the source code with trusted people who can keep it private.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:26:02 PM

Considering the amount of work involved (executable size with static linking is just 1Mb now vs. 40Mb before) and the fact that I'm not really interested in development of ccminer, and hasn't ever used it myself until recently, and have no sponsors like Nicehash, here we go. My performance improvement in absolute hash rate is high as djm34's last work (200KH/s -> 240KH/s -> 280KH/s) yet it's alright for him to ask 2.5 BTC and not alright for me to ask even 0.5 BTC?

I understood you were asking 1 BTC and with no promise to release the source.
Anyway you can do what you want, I was just thinking about the people who paid for a faster neoscrypt miner TWO times and they still do not have the faster one, and someone paying for it only one time now is faster than them :-)
I do not mine neoscrypt so I don't care, but this 3-times-pledge looks a bit ridiculous to me.
Maybe you and djm34 are the same person? :-D

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:34:12 PM

great work ...

#crysx

I can share the source code with trusted people who can keep it private.

ok ... done ...

for the moment - thefarm is on decred ...

but i can pull a machine off for testing for a short while ...

besides - it isnt just the miner or code im after ... its the skillset Smiley ...

and ccminer / neoscrypt is only a a part of it ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:41:19 PM

Anyway you can do what you want, I was just thinking about the people who paid for a faster neoscrypt miner TWO times and they still do not have the faster one, and someone paying for it only one time now is faster than them :-)
I do not mine neoscrypt so I don't care, but this 3-times-pledge looks a bit ridiculous to me.

there are a number of things that go awry here pallas ... especially ripoffs and uncouth devs of coins ...

you - as a respected member of the community - know this ... so i can understand your doubt ...

i too am very careful of those that ask much for little ... but ive watched ghostlander for a while now - in his threads of the coins he blatantly admits to ( which is rare these days - most uncouth devs hide behind another name ) as well as the threads he visits and integrates into ... and i have to admit - and i believe i am correct - that ghostlander seems to be one of the untapped resources this crypto industry has not adopted and has a lot to offer with the work he has put into this algo ...

i hope im not wrong - but what i have sees has proven to be true ... he seems like a genuine dev - with genuine work - and genuine intentions ...

#crysx

ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:26:10 PM

If the donations meet 1 BTC, I release everything I have: both the source code and a batch of Windows binaries, 32-bit/64-bit, CUDA 6.5/7.5, etc.
If they exceed 0.5 BTC, but don't reach 1 BTC, I may release something, but make no promises.
If they don't meet 0.5 BTC, only those who donate get the miner.

I don't speak French, that's something I'm sure about Smiley

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:00:08 AM

It's very silent in here.

Not your keys, not your coins!
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 03:40:03 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 04:25:42 AM by djm34

hmm... I haven't been around that thread for a while... (I don't receive notification...).
I'll read it in the morning to know what I missed Grin
Well, I can already answer that big mystery: I am not ghostlander Grin he is the author of neoscrypt algo btw...

ps I think I am a trusted person (says me Grin), I can give it a try (not really mining at all at the moment, just giving a little try on decred like everybody I guess...)

ps2: actually would probably more interested into looking into the code... just curious...

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: