Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i go 50/50 with gold and bitcoin?  (Read 8827 times)
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:53:13 PM

Do whatever you feel is good for you. I advice you not to sell any of your Bitcoins as long as we aren't even close to the halving. After the halving you can secure some profits by selling a few coins. You can then buy yourself some gold.

I mean like investing in something with intrinsic value is better than investing in something without any intrinsic value. It's far more safer to invest in gold.

If I still had any BTC I would hang onto them for now, especially as the Chinese Yuan looks likely to devalue again soon, and BTC is popular there for parking assets - along with gold too of course.  Btw, I don't think you can necessarily count on a BTC halving occuring - though if it does, I'll re-stock. Of course, you can't rely on gold being the right price when you sell any BTC - it could either be too soon or too late.

Wait for break 1200 before buy gold, it could be a classic bull trap. I'm on markets since 1999, and i think gold goes under 1000$ shortly

I agree. Do you follow Armstrong at all? Depending on time, Feb/March looks like when it could happen, yes? I would prefer to start taper buying at $1000 and take it from there if it goes lower.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:54:19 PM

It is personal preferences to like more gold or bitcoin, but personally i would invest in bitcoin.
Gold is more stable but we expect a higher increase of bitcoin in upcoming years.

I'm thinking the same.First it's good to have both.And then it's one personal decision how much percent you go in what.
Bitcoin is definitely having the bigger potential for more growth, so if you want to take a bit more risk then choose Bitcoin.Maybe 60/40.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:55:33 PM

Wait for break 1200 before buy gold, it could be a classic bull trap. I'm on markets since 1999, and i think gold goes under 1000$ shortly
Gold right now costs around 1,100 USD which 244% more than bitcoin, i could go with bitcoin before

newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:02:21 PM

Everyone has their own opinion about bitcoin and gold
I would put most of it in bitcoin
but it's like you said, don't put all your eggs in one basket
You never know what will happen, you might lose and you might win
THX 1138

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:09:47 PM

It is personal preferences to like more gold or bitcoin, but personally i would invest in bitcoin.
Gold is more stable but we expect a higher increase of bitcoin in upcoming years.

I'm thinking the same.First it's good to have both.And then it's one personal decision how much percent you go in what.
Bitcoin is definitely having the bigger potential for more growth, so if you want to take a bit more risk then choose Bitcoin.Maybe 60/40.

I'm no geek on the subject, but I understand there are technical reasons why BTC can't scale big without compromising its decentralized state.

... don't put all your eggs in one basket
You never know what will happen, you might lose and you might win

I'd go with that.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:21:22 PM

at the moment i have 30 btc now i could sell in the highs and buy gold leaving me with 15 btc.

im starting to think btc wont survive long due being entirely digital the thing could be abandoned or worse internet might go down what you guys think i would look pretty stupid buying something you cant see or hold im torn to shreds right now.

ive listened to max keiser and proffs that bitcoin could be worth tens of thousends i think its the most sensible thing to do "dont put eggs in one basket" on all...

it draws a fine line... i.e. all that electricity to "mine" bitcoins pushing hardware to the max and with exchanges like crypsty and cexio mucking me around i just dont see the future help me realise this what should i do?

What you can do with your bitcoins is only your problem and no one have the right to judge your decision. The same with what you think. But in the same time even everyone have the right to tell what think about your decisions or previsions. Mine are totally against these you tell in your post. I wouldn't sell never 15 bitcoin to buy gold nor today and neither never. And not only gold but nothing. The best thing that can have someone who have bitcoin and which can be over it is only.... bitcoin itself. This is first.

The second is even more against than the first. How is possible to be worthless something that since the born 6 six years ago have known the biggest and fastest increase in value than everything else (currency, good or service). This "worthless thing" worth 450 times than the most strong and spread currency in the world named us dollar. This last currency is the most credible currency in the world and almost all the countries of the world use it as a irreplaceable currency in their monetary reserves which are used only or normally in critic economic situations. The "worthless thing" together with the "other finished thing" named internet, which, according to you will end soon, are the last most developed inventions of the human kind. The last one have changed radically the world of the last 30 years and the technology which has as the first materialization of it the "worthless thing" will change radically the world, at least, the next 30 years, but normally more than 50 years to come.

So my friend tell to them who have predicted to you the situation that make you to write your main post that must understand that being original don't mean to tell bullshits.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:23:25 PM

Is your choice no one is stopping you, but if I was you I would just do 30% gold and 70% for bitcoin.
I feel like that bitcoin will be more profitable, but is not my life and choice.
Well good luck than if you do 50/50 is nice to do if you earn a lot of money with it.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:59:49 PM

I would go for a diversified investment too.
Never bet on 1 horse. So fifty fifty is a good option. However i prefer the stock markets too, since they are less risky and offer a better ROI.

Taking in account a period of 3-5 years
BitcoinMarketStore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:15:28 PM

Do whatever you feel is good for you. I advice you not to sell any of your Bitcoins as long as we aren't even close to the halving. After the halving you can secure some profits by selling a few coins. You can then buy yourself some gold.

I mean like investing in something with intrinsic value is better than investing in something without any intrinsic value. It's far more safer to invest in gold.

If I still had any BTC I would hang onto them for now, especially as the Chinese Yuan looks likely to devalue again soon, and BTC is popular there for parking assets - along with gold too of course.  Btw, I don't think you can necessarily count on a BTC halving occuring - though if it does, I'll re-stock. Of course, you can't rely on gold being the right price when you sell any BTC - it could either be too soon or too late.

I agree. Do you follow Armstrong at all? Depending on time, Feb/March looks like when it could happen, yes? I would prefer to start taper buying at $1000 and take it from there if it goes lower.

No, i'm not follow Armstrong. I've a jewerlery since 1999. So i bought gold since it was @ 200$ or @ 1900$ too Cry. But gold market is really hard to understand.
BitcoinMarketStore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:18:05 PM

Gold right now costs around 1,100 USD which 244% more than bitcoin, i could go with bitcoin before

Well, why not buy DOGE  wich is 99.99999% under gold? I think your idea is not really good  Roll Eyes
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:20:25 PM

Well, why not buy DOGE  wich is 99.99999% under gold? I think your idea is not really good  Roll Eyes

Doge is just like other altcoins which is not bad, i used doge in the past it is easy to use and has faster confirmation than bitcoin.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:28:01 PM

You can go gold, but don't convert what bitcoin you already/still have to do so. Find some other funds to buy gold with. Is $6750 going to be hard raise/put together? I mean, depending on your financials, you may as well keep that half in bitcoin.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:35:03 PM

I think this is a good bet. Gold is very stable in price and many volume.
Bitcoin has the same advantages since it is a future currency/investment
THX 1138

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:28:30 PM

I believe I'm right in saying this is an old Samurai quote:

"Expect nothing, be prepared for everything."
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:48:21 PM

I believe I'm right in saying this is an old Samurai quote:

"Expect nothing, be prepared for everything."

That's a good saying but for me it's more then just expectancy. Like everyone I expect a return on my investment.
By splitting the risk becomes less and the reward becomes bigger.
HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:14:40 AM

Yes, both gold and bitcoin are solid investment.
They are strong and have potential. With bitcoin being my favourite offcource, i expect the most reward from bitcoin.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:33:04 AM

They are strong and have potential. With bitcoin being my favourite offcource, i expect the most reward from bitcoin.

there are a good amount of people that think gold is somewhat safe as an investment. to a certain extend it is true, but with bitcoin you know how much supply there ever will be. with gold not.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:35:38 AM

Even gold and bitcoin are same kind of investments, bitcoin has many advantages over gold in short term as well as long term perspective to produce more returns. In past also, bitcoin has evolved multi time than gold in terms of value. So, investing in bitcoin is more wise decisions.
Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 04:52:18 AM

I guess, I would have gone 60/40 on gold.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:23:40 PM

It's because of gold that I came to know Bitcoin and therefore I will never disinvest my gold savings but, of course, knowing the rising value and appeal of BTC I started accumulating some. As many other people said the best thing is to have a mixed portfolio. There's a lot of studying that comes into place when one decides to start investing and I would say that studying and learning about these markets is mandatory to have a better financial future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: