Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <Bounty> 1 BTC for the least worded T-Shirt  (Read 9832 times)
whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:34:36 AM

Has this bounty been given out or what this is quite an old thread now??

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shamaniotastook

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

Has this bounty been given out or what this is quite an old thread now??

i'm pretty sure that the bounty was already given out, but i like things like this and noticed nobody had yet made this suggestion. however, i also figured that maybe there would be bitcoiners out there looking to make cool t-shirts, and this name might catch on...if so, then i'd probably buy the shirt if i saw it offered...also, hoping maybe someone would throw the newbie a BTC Smiley
luicon

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:37:50 AM

so was given already the bounty here? i was pretty amazed trying to win it and finally looks like this thread died
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:16:09 PM

so was given already the bounty here? i was pretty amazed trying to win it and finally looks like this thread died

No bounty was paid, just a thread of wasted effort and lies from Phinneus Gage.

"This thread contains an offer of 1 BTC. If you can figure out how to get it paid, good luck to you."

luicon

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:26:57 AM

that kind of damn threads must be put in  some escrow system.  what a lost of time.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 07:55:57 PM

No bounty was paid, just a thread of wasted effort and lies from Phinneus Gage.

I honestly deserve the above. I totally spaced off this project. My bad! Psy was kind enough to remind a few minutes ago of this via a PM.

Allow me to address this first thing when I get back in, for I'm expecting a client within shortly and don't want to start penning, then have to stop.

Thank you all for understanding.

~Bruno K~

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 08:21:38 PM

Okay, I'm back. Seeing that I started this bounty on Dec. 21, 2012, I will be paying it at that day's exchange rate. Surely, nobody expects me to buy at today's higher rate.

Now that that's taken care of, since I've received so many submissions, it'll be nearly impossible for me to view them all at one sitting. Therefore, a few days to look at them all will be needed.

Thank you for playing.

~Bruno K~

PS: If anybody says unkind things about this arrangement, I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:28:46 PM

Okay, I'm back. Seeing that I started this bounty on Dec. 21, 2012, I will be paying it at that day's exchange rate. Surely, nobody expects me to buy at today's higher rate.

Now that that's taken care of, since I've received so many submissions, it'll be nearly impossible for me to view them all at one sitting. Therefore, a few days to look at them all will be needed.

Thank you for playing.

~Bruno K~

PS: If anybody says unkind things about this arrangement, I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD.

SCAMMER
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 08:34:01 PM

I'd say all submissions so far suck. Some ideas are good, but wording isn't. Particularly, when you combine several ideas you get hodgepodge instead of a coherent sentence. It reads like "Freedom, and, uh, evolution, eh, fuck banks and paypal! LOL".

"currency evolved" is probably the best catchphrase, but it a little too unspecific, other digital currencies can make that claim to.

If somebody finds a way to elaborate from there it would be great.

Also I'd say Rush Limbaugh said it very well: "Oh, the hell with that. Why don't we just use Bitcoin, to hell with printing up a whole new platinum coin here. Just use Bitcoin, which is the currency on the Internet."

He was probably mocking Bitcoin, but still, "the currency on the Internet" sounds great. A little more verbose than "currency evolved", but considerably more specific and has relevant connotations.

Also, fuck E-Prime requirement. If you suck at wording E-Prime won't make it any better.

I may have to agree with you there.

Damn, I wish I hadn't neglected this bounty! Nice post.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Thank you for playing.

~Bruno K~

SCAMMER

Sorry you feel that way. I just reported this mod to the mods for not posting in the correct section of this forum.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:56:42 PM

Sorry you feel that way. I just reported this mod to the mods for not posting in the correct section of this forum.

The mods can go f*ck themselves!
Oh, wait...
whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:00:24 PM

have you 2 got some kinda bromance going on? thats cute

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

The mods can go f*ck themselves!
Oh, wait...

Quoted!  Grin

My next post--in a couple minutes--will show images of only those I'm considering. If it gets to close to call down to the wire, I may consider conducting a 24 hour poll. All the entries I'm currently considering can be viewed in post #2 of this thread, for I've just updated it.

have you 2 got some kinda bromance going on? thats cute

No! I'm into goats, and the life of me I can't figure out what psy's into, though it too is probably not human.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:14:54 PM

I really like psy's entry below, but borders too much on a slogan/motto than a complete sentence of sorts. I had to exclude it in the running to be fair to the entries abiding as closely as possible to the rules I set. Sorry, psy.

Same true for the following. Very nice submission, though.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:34:35 PM

I've narrowed it down to three:

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:44:38 PM

Can we crop out that dude's package ? ? ?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

Can we crop out that dude's package ? ? ?

Consider it a package deal. Besides, that's psy's favorite.  Grin

Since I can't decide between the final three candidates, I'm conducting a poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153179.0

I won't be able to review the results till tomorrow, for I had recused myself from voting.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:13:58 AM

deepceleron(3.) is the winner and will recieve 1 BTC, with luicon(1.) and jsmithers(2.) will each receiver .105 BTC. I guess I could have broken it down to a .11/10 split, but don't think they'll mind this arrangement.

1. luicon
2. jsmithers
3. deepceleron

It looks like jsmithers has not logged on since January, but will PM him nonetheless.

Follow the link if desiring to view the entire short thread of which the above quote resides.

Thank you again, all, for participating. And nobody tell psy that this was rigged for him not to win.  Wink

~Bruno K~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:17:40 AM

I still like mine the most...

dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 04:42:44 AM

Phinnaeus, you're not really changing the 1 btc into "whatever 1 btc was worth when I posted the contest" are you?  Because that is one of the main reasons a lot of people are using bitcoin instead of fiat.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: