Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanillacoin's Chainblender: Technical analyse  (Read 1759 times)
goldmaxx (OP)

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:34:37 AM

Hi everyone...

Now that the Vanillacoin developer is about to launch "chainblender", I would like to start a technical discussion about this project.
I'm a die hard Vanillacoin supporter, and I think chainblender is an awesome project, but I would like to hear some technical analyses from a more "neutral" point of view... So please, no "moon, moon" or craptalking reactions in this topic... just some honest, straightforward technical analyses...

You can find the whitepaper here: https://github.com/john-connor/papers/blob/master/chainblender.pdf
You can find the chainblender video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfAab-bNoqY

With kind regards

Goldmaxx

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:06:50 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 09:19:34 AM by TPTB_need_war

Here we go again. More Dash-like stupid design for breaking anonymity.

I don't have time for this shit. Hopefully smooth or someone has time to come over here and explain why this doesn't work.

Carry on in your delusions and being fooled by John Conner. His whitepaper is again (same as for ZeroTime) lacking details. I don't feel like reverse engineering it so I shred it as I did to ZeroTime. But I can already see he is relying on numerous failed concepts such as it requires simultaneity.

Do you investors ever get tired of being fooled.

Just because the website says the following doesn't mean it is true:

Vanillacoin is a decentralized currency for the internet. It enables you to send money to anywhere in the world instantly for almost no cost.

Vanillacoin was engineered to be innovative and forward-thinking. It prevents eavesdropping and censorship, promotes decentralized, energy efficient and instant network transactions.

When Google was first launched, all we saw was:

https://web.archive.org/web/19990508044928/http://www2.google.com/

Or this:

https://web.archive.org/web/19981111184551/http://google.com/

No grand false claims. Investors you should learn that the snazziest bullshit is not the indication of value.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:12:48 AM

I don't have time for this shit.

You were the first to comment while this forum is also overspammed by your comments everywhere (most comments advertising your vaporware).

Amusing.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:13:51 AM

@Goldmaxx

Close the topic and reopen it moderated and make it a clean discussion topic without off-topic spam and e-penis showcase.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:16:00 AM

Whatever. Yeah reopen it moderated so you can continue to fool readers. Carry on in your delusions. You will achieve nothing. Maybe fleece a few fools if you are lucky.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:17:20 AM

Whatever. Yeah reopen it moderated so you can continue to fool readers. Carry on in your delusions. You will get no where.

Your comment was worthless and just showcases your lack of ability to make proper human interaction. Please move over to one of your ion threads.

Edit: I also noticed how you replied within the 4 minute range. Did you find some time?

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:27:34 AM

BTC0.010/VNL already?
Is Anonymint mad because I disclosed his inner circle bullshit? To me he sounds quite exactly like jl777.
10000 promises, nice graphs and all and 0 code, inner trading hype. My bet is that these are the same person.

goldmaxx (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:36:56 AM

@Goldmaxx

Close the topic and reopen it moderated and make it a clean discussion topic without off-topic spam and e-penis showcase.

I am against moderated topics...Although I find TPTB_need_war's accusations lame and not sufficiently well explained, he still has the right to think and say what he likes to say...

Regards

Goldmaxx

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:56:32 AM

@Goldmaxx

I am against moderated topics...Although I find TPTB_need_war's accusations lame and not sufficiently well explained, he still has the right to think and say what he likes to say...

Regards

Goldmaxx

He is making 100% offtopic accusations that are based on exactly nothing to back them up, nothing even slightly relevant. Also he is raging obviously for no reason in the very first reply on the topic.

People like him should get moderated out, this would be a thread that should be focused on discussing a single feature. Else you know that I am against most forms of moderation, I kept the unmoderated VNL thread open as long as I could.

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:27:23 AM

He is making 100% offtopic accusations that are based on exactly nothing to back them up, nothing even slightly relevant.

He is also one of the most qualified people on this forum to review anonymity solutions, having written his own white paper on the subject, so even a cursory glance is valuable.

evidence: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1284083.msg13211623#msg13211623

Let's hear why this solution is different to Dash's and then we'll take it from there.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:43:05 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 10:59:19 AM by TPTB_need_war

He is making 100% offtopic accusations that are based on exactly nothing to back them up, nothing even slightly relevant.

He is also one of the most qualified people on this forum to review anonymity solutions, having written his own white paper on the subject, so even a cursory glance is valuable.

evidence: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1284083.msg13211623#msg13211623

Let's hear why this solution is different to Dash's and then we'll take it from there.

Clarification. I didn't release the white paper. But since it is no longer of proprietary value to hide it since I am no longer going to implement Zero Knowledge Transactions, then I will endeavor to clean up the white paper and release it sometime this year. Hopefully I can find time within the next couple of months.

ZKT combines Cryptonote with Mixles' Compact Confidential Transactions. Shen-noether accomplished a similar design but combining with Blockstream's Confidential Transactions.

So these are End-to-End Principled anonymity that hide both sender and value. No simultaneity crap like Dash and this new crap from the infamous plagiarist John Conner.

The reason I am not implementing it because it requires obscuring your IP address and all other metadata, which is impractical. Apparently Monero is implementing it (at least they are toying with implementing it) and so no need for me to duplicate their effort.

Only Zerocash can give us reliable anonymity that is immune to metadata. So for now I put anonymity on the back burner and we will come back to Zerocash if we first solve the SUSTAINABLE, DECENTRALIZED, PERMISSIONLESS block chain issue, since that is more important. No design yet can truly claim those properties.

As for resource issues, reliable anonymity will not be cheap. Thus it probably can't be for every transaction. It will probably need to be an optional set of coins. In Zerocash they name the anonymous set of coins 'zerocoins' (not to be confused with Zerocoin).

My main grip with John Conner is he doesn't put all the technical details in a white paper, because he is apparently wants to avoid peer review. Smooth doesn't have time to reverse engineer his half-assed white papers either. So we can't entirely explain the flaws without wasting a lot of our valuable time. But I can already tell you this chainblender is flawed at least in that it has a simultaneity requirement which thus violates the End-to-End Principle. Looks like there are other flaws similar to the masternode concept of mixing (which Evan of Dash has apparently finally admitted).

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:45:20 AM

These really doesn't matter here as all he did was trolling with that comment. So far he didn't release a single thing, everything recently is vapor.

On a sidenote people need to understand that not only 100% anonimity sollution can be viable as ringsigs for example, anything coming close to the 99% range is good enough if it can solve bloat and speed issues for real world use compatibility. Numbers are examples obv.

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:50:30 AM

On a sidenote people need to understand that not only 100% anonimity sollution can be viable as ringsigs for example, anything coming close to the 99% range is good enough if it can solve bloat and speed issues for real world use compatibility. Numbers are examples obv.

Anything less than 100% is worthless IMO. It only takes one crack in the design and suddenly everything is onymous again.
goldmaxx (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:56:51 AM

My main grip with John Conner is he doesn't put all the technical details in a white paper, because he is apparently wants to avoid peer review.

Could it be John doesn't put all the technical details in his whitepaper because people would just shameless copy-paste his technology?
I saw the same accusations when zerotime was released...but 5 months after zerotime's release, we haven't seen one single double spent, and the accusators all went silent, because they can't prove what they were claiming (zerotime would fail)...

regards

Goldmaxx

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:11:59 PM

My main grip with John Conner is he doesn't put all the technical details in a white paper, because he is apparently wants to avoid peer review.

Could it be John doesn't put all the technical details in his whitepaper because people would just shameless copy-paste his technology?
I saw the same accusations when zerotime was released...but 5 months after zerotime's release, we haven't seen one single double spent, and the accusators all went silent, because they can't prove what they were claiming (zerotime would fail)...

regards

Goldmaxx

Did you ever think that that might be because noone has tried ? You can't claim something is impossible just because it hasn't happend yet.
The reason noone has tried is prob because few have the knowledge to do so and those few have better things todo than crack a platform where the author isn't willing to at least put out a decent paper on how stuff is supposed to work.

goldmaxx (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:21:54 PM

How about this...

How easy it is to accuse someone, but how hard it is to prove you are right...

With kind regards

Goldmaxx

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:41:34 PM

How about this...

How easy it is to accuse someone, but how hard it is to prove you are right...

With kind regards

Goldmaxx

So let's just assume it works and potentially jeopardize privacy / money instead of the author writing a proper whitepaper ? Sounds like a plan.

I honestly don't care about the project and I don't mean to offend anyone but the attitude to just trust john connor when he says it works is just absurd.

goldmaxx (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:59:31 PM

This isn't about whether to trust John Connor or not, but about you guys making accusations, based on nothing but pure speculation...
I was hoping to see some on topic, technical discussions here,...

When did the cryptoscene became such a hostile environment? Undecided

regards

Goldmaxx

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:48:28 PM

Proof? Oh, it's a guess? Nothing but bias here.

Smooth doesn't have time to reverse engineer his half-assed white papers either. So we can't entirely explain the flaws without wasting a lot of our valuable time.

You 2 seem to have way more free time on your hands than anyone on this forum. Nothing proves it better than you advertising your vaporware ion since months, doing hundreds of comments with it and coming out with nothing, not even a half whitepaper for it. You simply hijack random threads to advertise it.

But I can already tell you this chainblender is flawed

Code is on the github, whitepaper is up, please point out the flaws instead of going full rage mode with bias and playing the name/shame game since your very first comment in the thread. You obviously have a personal problem with John and that clouds every single one of your comments. The OP asked for a technical discussion here, no respect from your side.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Anything less than 100% is worthless IMO. It only takes one crack in the design and suddenly everything is onymous again.

Show me how you would deanonymize ChainBlender. It might not be the most advanced sollution in your eyes (compared to something like zerocash - which is still vapor), but if it works and if its fast and if it doesn't do bloat, it's good enough for real world use.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: