Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new project (mining with free electricity) need investors  (Read 2026 times)
Ziyad salem (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:39:19 PM

hello everyone,

I have been a fan of this site for a while now, and this is my first post i hope its not the last, and i need investors for my project

My Name is Ziyad Salem , I live in Libya (north of Africa) and i'm a university student

I have been planning to create a mining farm in Libya  for the past 6 months and studying all the come outs , i would be the first Libyan miner  , it feels really risky because im in a environment that doesn't support bitcoin......yet, but if i do it , selling the coins online or in another countrey that supports them  won't be a problem , they are two reasons why i really want to try this project 1- i love bitcoin and it will be great to support such a great system 2- it's very very profitable in Libya

The reason why it will work because must of you guys know the mining  business is centered on the electricity consumption and price per watt ........, well in Libya the electricity is 100% free for all Libyan citizenship thanks to gaddafi :v , yes as you see it will be 100% profit all the time, thats why i really dont want to miss this chance , anyway for example if i have a antminer s7 4.9th/s that costs around 2.5 btc or 1300$ (with its power supply) that can mine about  $316.35 a month  (today)  , i can repay the device in 4-5 moths tops then it will be,  so the project will be like for an EXAMPLE if i buy 10 units that will cost me like 13,000-15,000$ usd and make about 3,0000usd per month , and i will get back my 15,000 lests say after 6 months i will buy another 10 units and double the profit it will be 30,000 every 6 months, and so on so on ,

what im trying to say that my profit wull double evers 6 months so if i buy 20 antminers s7 and start mining today the profit i will have 40 units after 6 months and 80units   the six moths after that  (thats about 25,000 per month) and so on so on like i said every 6 moths 200%

i know it sounds promising and very risky to invest in somthing in another counters and to another man that you don't know , but i willing to email/meet/Skype any real investors that are willing to invest in my project , i only need 1 investor or one organisation to invest it ,

i tried to find investors in my country but like i said its LIBYA other most of the don's even use the internet :v , anyway this is just a shot in the dark i don't expect to find anyone that will be interested but  i really hope that i find a partner,  there is alot more to talk about if your interested i can arrange everything (the mine) in only 2 months

i hope you guys see my post there is like 1000+ posts everyday :V i'm just a dreamer testing the water here with this post  but if guys like it i will make another post

thanks for reading, please leave a comment and say what you think about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6565

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 08:56:10 PM

Even with free electricity, you will not have 100% profit. You still need to pay for equipment and it will probably take a few months in order to recover the amount that was paid for the miners. Furthermore, you must keep in mind that every two weeks the difficulty changes. Difficulty increases will reduce your profitability and if it were to increase enough, it could possible result in the miners becoming obsolete. Also, you will probably have to upgrade all of the equipment every couple of months as new hardware advances are made. Those new generation equipment will increase the difficulty and could render your older miners obsolete.

If you are not scamming (as many people will assume so since this is your first post), I recommend that you have some people escrow the funds in a multisig address. They will hold onto the funds (but will be unable to spend them unless there is agreement among you and the escrows to spend) until enough has been raised to buy equipment. This will help you establish legitimacy and reduce the risk to your potential investors.

Good luck!

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:58:36 PM

So you have been on this site for a while and you don't know that a brand new account with zero history at all asking for large sums of money sent to them without collateral doesn't end good? 

I would advise you to delete this post sooner rather than later as this is just asking for negative rep on your account.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:08:46 PM

Even with free electricity, you will not have 100% profit. You still need to pay for equipment and it will probably take a few months in order to recover the amount that was paid for the miners. Furthermore, you must keep in mind that every two weeks the difficulty changes. Difficulty increases will reduce your profitability and if it were to increase enough, it could possible result in the miners becoming obsolete. Also, you will probably have to upgrade all of the equipment every couple of months as new hardware advances are made. Those new generation equipment will increase the difficulty and could render your older miners obsolete.

If you are not scamming (as many people will assume so since this is your first post), I recommend that you have some people escrow the funds in a multisig address. They will hold onto the funds (but will be unable to spend them unless there is agreement among you and the escrows to spend) until enough has been raised to buy equipment. This will help you establish legitimacy and reduce the risk to your potential investors.

Good luck!

yes i meant it would be profitable after i payoff the first equipment , and i know about the difficultly will increase very much, but after i payoff the first equipment i will alwasys buy updated equipment  the last in the market so that wont be that much of  a problem, i and it will more proftable then most miners farms, don't forget i the difficulty rate wont harm me as most as it harms the other miners because ill always be profitable, so in the long term i will be good, and as you said i don't expect them to just hand me the money, there will be proper steps that will go into  that suits both of us, i am truly not scamming here, i'm just a young man with a dream   
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:45:44 PM

So you have been on this site for a while and you don't know that a brand new account with zero history at all asking for large sums of money sent to them without collateral doesn't end good? 

I would advise you to delete this post sooner rather than later as this is just asking for negative rep on your account.

what do you advice me to do, i have to start somewhere ,
 sorry for the late reply there was something about i can't post in the same  5 mins twice
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:05:12 AM

This project is Dead On Arrival but if you are really truthful you can try nxt asset crowd funding.

WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:09:07 AM

The idea is good for someone that could have eyes and access on your mining farm directly but from over the net, no assurance could be given since your new here and not yet trusted and even if someone would be willing to fund your project, it can't be put into a escrow since you need the money to buy mining equipment itself so really can't see anything that could assure the lender unless there's an escrow here who is from Libya and could hold a property ownership of your future mining farm while you using the fund to buy required stuff and repay the investors.
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:32:14 PM

The idea is good for someone that could have eyes and access on your mining farm directly but from over the net, no assurance could be given since your new here and not yet trusted and even if someone would be willing to fund your project, it can't be put into a escrow since you need the money to buy mining equipment itself so really can't see anything that could assure the lender unless there's an escrow here who is from Libya and could hold a property ownership of your future mining farm while you using the fund to buy required stuff and repay the investors.

yes of course there will be a 24/7 cameras that will be online so the founders can see what they invested in anytime anywhere, also they can come in person if they think that will be necessary, i know the project is very risky since its its a "peer to peer" kind deal, i'm not searching for a new miner individual, i'm more like searching for a farmer the wants to open another farm with cheaper costs, it will be kinda of cloud mining but just more directly, i will hook up the mine and he will sell(or buy new equipment ) with the btc that we make ,so its kinda needs trust form both ends,
i will provide a what a farm needs, a clean /safe / practical/ functional work place that has great internet connection an good cooling system+Electrical network  that could endurance heavy load, and will have a IT support man that will be on stand by , the investor can come see it them self or send somebody to make sure everything is good and stay as they like , like i said im dead serious about this project, if anyone is interested and is serious  too, and if they want to meat face to face i have and eu visa pass so i can come to most of Europe but not america, everything will be legal and and in papers before anything starts.

i will make another post soon if anybody is interested. this post was just to test the water, i have a 10 level plan for it in a pdf file (investment plan)

sorry if i have poor choice of words english is my second language  

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Honestly I would be difficult for us to invest in your project, since we are unsure of what we are investing in, and we wouldn't know the whole process of the setting up of the mining farm if you do. Unless you have a way of assuring you will set up the mining farm with our investments, and giving the investments profits, it is considered unsafe to invest into the unknown.

If you really want to start your own mining farm, you should have an amount of money to start with, and perhaps buy a few equipment yourself first, and slowly expanding, although it may not guarantee you investors. You have to understand you are asking strangers for investments, so it may be difficult. Not to dishearten you, I wish you luck, hope you are able to be the first BTC miner there. Smiley

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:08:20 PM

Honestly I would be difficult for us to invest in your project, since we are unsure of what we are investing in, and we wouldn't know the whole process of the setting up of the mining farm if you do. Unless you have a way of assuring you will set up the mining farm with our investments, and giving the investments profits, it is considered unsafe to invest into the unknown.

If you really want to start your own mining farm, you should have an amount of money to start with, and perhaps buy a few equipment yourself first, and slowly expanding, although it may not guarantee you investors. You have to understand you are asking strangers for investments, so it may be difficult. Not to dishearten you, I wish you luck, hope you are able to be the first BTC miner there. Smiley

thank you very much for you reply i don't expect anything less of what you said , is really reasonable  ,like i said it will be a very high risk, but i don't know any better way, i am willing  to do anything (in my limits) to prove i'm really really not a scam,i can make  the bitcoins go to the partner directly , and he can sell them him self (its better for both sides this way because it will be a challenge to sell them my self in libya thew the internet) so he can handle the money and i can handle the mine this way will be better for both ways, plus its very difficult for me to buy a miner in libya  because 1 i paypal doesn't support my country and also i cant start the miner my self like i said i'm a college student i can't really afford  it  but i'm willing to buy a one or two antminers s7 as soon as i can , so i can familiarize my self with them and study the project more , please if you have any suggests for my share them, thank you again  
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:21:14 PM

sorry for the late reply there was something about i can't post in the same  5 mins twice

I advice you to not start your first post asking for tens of thousands of dollars on what is probably a throw away account.  You do have to start somewhere and that somewhere should be making small trades using an escrow agent.  You then work your way up over years and years of patience and good trading/feedback from others to the point where you can propose stuff like this.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:22:13 PM

Are Libyan authorities dumb?, won't they notice the increase in power consumption?, they will go to your place, check what is happening and very likely confiscate the miners (unless you have a very good idea to justify the sudden peak, and cameras everywhere to hide the equipment as soon as they arrive to your door).

Now, you are going to place cameras everywhere (for people to check the miners) Roll Eyes... how much would those cameras cost?, or do you already have them?

You have been around this forum for a while and yet you did not know about the posting limitation for new accounts?

Unless someone can travel to your country and check by himself, I do not think anyone will "invest" in this.

there not dump, they just don't care Smiley , its FREE it always was and it always will be( i hope) i can handle the electricity company , i will even have electricity generators on stand by , and why will i hide it, :| everything will be legal, it will be legitimate business. there will be no problem,

i didin't make an account until yesterday im a big fan of btc , but im not really the posting kinda guy

i really really hope that they can come and see everything them self before the , after we discuses and and agree  i will setup the mine and they can come or send some one to see it before they invest there money.

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:28:31 PM

It'll be better to start small, and if I have read correctly, is the cost of one miner around 2.5 btc? Hmmm, that seems like a large sum to start with though. So how are you planning to buy the miner, maybe through bitcoins? I am completely clueless when it comes to these mining equipment and the shipping process. This project is fairly ambitious, like you said, it has high risks since the returns takes quite long, or is there any other lower cost ways to start off with, which would be better.

Mining is risky, so maybe one or two miners is good enough, especially since you said bitcoin is really popular there. Tongue

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:47:12 PM

How can electricity can be free of charge. Then we had a lot of mining farms in Africa, but in real life I do not see anyone from there yet  Wink
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:56:26 PM

It'll be better to start small, and if I have read correctly, is the cost of one miner around 2.5 btc? Hmmm, that seems like a large sum to start with though. So how are you planning to buy the miner, maybe through bitcoins? I am completely clueless when it comes to these mining equipment and the shipping process. This project is fairly ambitious, like you said, it has high risks since the returns takes quite long, or is there any other lower cost ways to start off with, which would be better.

Mining is risky, so maybe one or two miners is good enough, especially since you said bitcoin is really popular there. Tongue

yes like i said i have a 10 level plan and the 1st level will be getting on and  two antminers s7 (i can get these myself) to familiarize  and study the project well, and if everything goses to plan we will move to the next level which is the founder will provide the other 7-30 miners , like i said i'm not looking for new farmers or small investors, it will be better if it was a farmer or someone familiar with btc farming so it will be a more understandable relationship, i don't want him/them to send me btc's ,only if we agree and succeed in level one i want him to fund level two and level two only, he will by the equipment and ship it to me ., or come to libya and see the work place of the farm  himself if he wants to be sure, we can talk about the deatils if anybody is interested,

and p.s i think i said btc is not popular in libya at all thats why i couldn't find investors here, sorry i said it wrong or unclear ii don't usually type in english, thank you for your reply
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:21:36 PM

I advice you to not start your first post asking for tens of thousands of dollars on what is probably a throw away account.  You do have to start somewhere and that somewhere should be making small trades using an escrow agent.  You then work your way up over years and years of patience and good trading/feedback from others to the point where you can propose stuff like this.

that will take a lot of time, i'm not lazy but it won't make that big of a difference really, but as i said i'm a fan and i want  to be a part of this community even if this project doesn't work out, thank you for the heads up
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:46:02 PM

Better to use your own money, it's sensitive if you asking a big money here, especially without reputation. If I was you I will work to earn money then buy hardware mining, resign from work and start mining. The difficult is always increase but it will worth in the future.
Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:23:34 PM

Better to use your own money, it's sensitive if you asking a big money here, especially without reputation. If I was you I will work to earn money then buy hardware mining, resign from work and start mining. The difficult is always increase but it will worth in the future.

thats my plan B , yes it will be slower but at least i'll be doing something i want a like  and it will defiantly be worth it
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:46:00 PM

I was thinking about this one for a bit. Here a some thoughts:

- It would be very risky for an investor not in your country. You could make the risk more acceptable by offering more but then there is less left for you as salary or to reinvest.

- Because electricity cost is not a factor, could you work with last generation equipment? A thought, i didnt do any calculations.

- Once you are up and running, look for local investors. They dont need to love bitcoin, just profit.

- Look into BTCPOP.

Whatever direction you go, you need to start. Buy an S5 or S7 and mine. You WILL HAVE PROBLEMS! Figure out the solutions to those problems and move forward.

Ziyad salem (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:12:59 PM

I was thinking about this one for a bit. Here a some thoughts:

- It would be very risky for an investor not in your country. You could make the risk more acceptable by offering more but then there is less left for you as salary or to reinvest.

- Because electricity cost is not a factor, could you work with last generation equipment? A thought, i didnt do any calculations.

- Once you are up and running, look for local investors. They dont need to love bitcoin, just profit.

- Look into BTCPOP.

Whatever direction you go, you need to start. Buy an S5 or S7 and mine. You WILL HAVE PROBLEMS! Figure out the solutions to those problems and move forward.

first of all thanks for the reply,  that is exactly what i will do its my plan B , if i don't get any investors, i will start my self yes it will be small but like you said local investors might be interested when they see it in action and will feel more safe to invest ,  i'll check out BTCOP,

But before plan B, i will give my last shot here, I will be working on a full documented pdf for the project that explain  all 10 levels of  it and explain   the ups and downs and also every other aspect, at least it will be more professional and more serious, i will have a better chance then, again thank you for your reply

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: