Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [November 2016] Bitcoin Mining Datacenters by the Megawatt  (Read 36760 times)
GreatNorthData

Activity: 105
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 07:37:44 PM

Random speculation: Do you think that the KnC datacenters will shut down in the next few days because of the halving?

It appears KNC's LTC miners were shut off again. So, it is a definite possibility. That being said, where they are only 3.5% of the bitcoin network it may be tough to discern.

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 05:48:20 AM

PMed you so you can list our mining operations.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
armedmilitia (OP)

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 07:24:07 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2019, 01:23:41 AM by frodocooper

I know there's still a lot of mining in WA and a decent amount in Labrador. Labrador power rates are unbeatable!

I had no idea Block C went out of business, but it looks like their website is dead so I guess you're right! Poor guys, the guy I talked to who worked there was real nice. Sad
Do you have any sources on zoomhash, though? Website is still up and they offer hosting services. They don't seem dead... yet.

Well, China has the only manufacturers currently selling hardware to the public. Bitfury's playing the long game, I'm sure.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
GreatNorthData

Activity: 105
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:48:20 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 03:04:45 PM by GreatNorthData

We've cracked your top ten - presuming the KNC mines are out of business. Our new Lab City site is 6MW. We've just been calling our facilities Lab City and Goose Bay.

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com
Eric Mu

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 04:05:11 PM

One megawatt farm under construction. To launch soon together with website - SinoHash.com.
armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:16:12 PM

PMed you so you can list our mining operations.

Listed!

We've cracked your top ten - presuming the KNC mines are out of business. Our new Lab City site is 6MW. We've just been calling our facilities Lab City and Goose Bay.

I'm pretty sure KnC's mines are gathering dust by now. I checked the blockchain.info hashrate distribution: Nothing. Organofcorti hasn't mentioned KnC recently, either. I've moved them to the dead column.

Congratulations on your expansion. Listed!

One megawatt farm under construction. To launch soon together with website - SinoHash.com.

Let me know when it's done, and I'll list it!

armedmilitia (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 07:22:15 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2019, 01:26:07 AM by frodocooper

A couple of big changes:

• I've removed MegaBigPower's 32MW and 12MW datacenters. They never materialized--according to their own website they only have 4MW in WA.
  • I've added Verne Global in Iceland (they rent space to various mining groups).
  • I've added Telco 214 in Labrador.

Verne Global:
Verne Global has a huge complex in Kevlavik, Iceland. However, not all of their capacity is used for bitcoin mining--they have some "traditional" datacenter customers too. It's easy to estimate how much is used for mining though, because they launched a new product called Transmission+. Transmission+ is very low cost hosting with very little redundancy. That sort of product is terrible for everyone except for bitcoin miners, because miners would rather have 98% uptime and half the power cost, while typical web services would not tolerate any downtime for any discount. Luckily enough, Vern Global mentioned in an interview that they have more than 5 megawatts of customer capacity using its Transmission+ product! I think their largest customer is Genesis Mining.

Because of that wonderful nugget of news, we can put them at 5 megawatts.

Telco 214/North 53:
Telco 214 is especially noteworthy. I got a tip-off that there was another mine in Labrador, and got to work doing my internet detective thing. The only mines I knew about in Labrador were Great North Data and CryptoBoreas (operated by allinvain), so this was especially interesting to me.

First off, a CBC article (screenshot) mentions this company called North 53 degrees. If you zoom in on the image in the article, you can see North 53 Degrees written on that permit granted sign.

Who owns North 53, and how big is it?

First, let's tackle the question of ownership: Using domaintools, I got some promising results! There is a n35d.com domain, with the title North 53 Degrees Inc, whose ip traces to a Florida-based networking company called Telco 214 (screenshot). What's so special about Telco 214? They're an alias for a very big solo miner! It seems likely, then, that Telco 214 is operating the mine in Labrador.

Second, let's tackle the question of size: Between the 13th and 27th, this miner manager to find an average of 1.5 blocks per day. 144 blocks are found every day in the bitcoin world, so that makes this miner a hair over 1% of the network. That works out to roughly 22PH/s, so 4MW seems like a decent guess.

revolution82

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:44:22 PM

We have all of our hosting done in WA state with these guys. http://www.salcidoenterprises.tech/

I know they have at least four data centers and the one we have gear in is over 2MW.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:54:05 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2019, 01:27:11 AM by frodocooper

Toomim brothers is in Grant County, Washington. I'll leave it to them to be more precise if they choose to be - I've seen their building but not had any chance to try for a "visit" to date.

(edit - visited this week, but they understandably were not interested in offering a tour to someone that wasn't hosting with them).

Zoomhash is starting to look like they may have shut down all operations - the last commmunication I got from them indicated that the owner hadn't decided yet, but that was months ago and ALL of their web addresses are now offline.

MegaBigPower has mutated into GigaWatt - I don't know if they still have their older mine(s) in operation.

Anyone else notice that the Saicidoenterprices office address is at the same address (though possibly different building) as MinerWarez?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:04:36 PM

Canaan Creative has mining datacenter in Boden, Sweden.
It is in the same facilities where now bankrupted KnCMiner used to be.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:22:01 PM

Anyone else notice that the Saicidoenterprices office address is at the same address (though possibly different building) as MinerWarez?

That is Salcidos main warehouse/headquarters where they hold all of their HVAC stuff so I would say 100% its the same company.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
sunbreak

Activity: 107
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:27:21 PM

This thread needs serious updates! Anyone have any new info?
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:46:58 AM

This thread needs serious updates! Anyone have any new info?

it's pretty impossible to do that now, back when this topic was posted early 2016 hash rate was less or about 1EH (1,000,000 TH) only
right now the hashrate is 45EH ( 45,000,000 TH) that's about 4500% increase.

searching google will give you terrible result, i remember seeing one article saying Switzerland mines more bitcoin than China, i honestly doubt that anybody knows who is mining what anymore.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:44:20 PM

10MW | BlockC | Unnamed | San Francisco, CA, USA (probably)
Note: RIP BlockC. You never proved you actually had the hashrate, but you definitely proved you couldn't stay in business.
Source: blockc.co

God this makes me laugh so hard when I read it. I mean you didnt even get the location correct let alone any other possible information   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:02:05 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2019, 12:11:55 AM by QuintLeo

Gigawatt has gone bankrupt, blaming excessive regulatory delay issues and the recently proposed (BUT NOT YET IMPLEMENTED, it's getting challenged in court) Grant County cryptocoin-specific rate.
This seems to indicate MegaBigPower is also going or gone, since they were connected and a local article I saw about it talked about Dave Carlson going bankrupt "multiple times" on cryptocoin operations.

To be fair, they DID suffer some serious delays on the Moses Lake site, as documented in Moses Lake City Counsel meeting transcripts - not sure about the East Wenatchee airport site.

(edit)
Visited the East Wenatchee "Panghorn Airport" site a couple weeks back - they appear to have gotten about 8 units ready to go, with 4 or 5 more "under construction" before they went bankrupt.
The site has reverted ownership to Douglas Country Port Authority per several articles in local papers, and apparently the improvements are also now owned by the Port Authority, which is apparently planning to turn it into some sort of cryptocoin-related center.

I have never been able to find out where their Moses Lake facility was located, so no data on that.

The challenge to the Grant Country cryptocoin-specific rate is still going through the court system, but Grant Country PUD implemented it and starting charging it a few months back - I managed to duck it by having shifted to pretty much all Folding before then, but the first step of it IS in fact active.

This would appear to put Gigawatt in the "dead" list at 12 MW for Douglas Country/Douglas County, and "unknown" but based on what I HAVE been able to find out at least 3 MW for Grant Country/Moses Lake.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
TeslaWatt.com

Activity: 405
Merit: 10

www.teslawatt.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 03:55:09 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2019, 10:54:41 AM by frodocooper

TeslaWatt - 2.5 MW  - Nevada, US.

GregM123
Copper Member

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 02:11:26 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2019, 12:10:59 AM by frodocooper

My company, Drillbit Crypto Corp. is building containers with Bitcoin ASIC's at rural power generation facilities. We are connected directly to the generators and get our power "Behind the Fence" to avoid transmission and distribution fees. We have had a small pilot (60 units) running since June 2018. We are now building our first 1MW container and will be offering hosting to others as well as our own mining. We have 3 sites with 4 to 7MW at each site.

Greg Miller.
Drillbit Crypto Corp.

Coming soon, ASIC hosting in Alberta Canada at rural power generations facilities.
teakettle

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 08:57:46 PM

Hello,

We have a purpose built 3.2 MW facility in Montana operational since mid 2018.  We have limited capacity currently available and ability to add more.  Please PM me if you would like more information.

Teakettle Mining
jaykavathe

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 06:59:23 PM

Mystic Digital - 2.5 MW - Columbus, Indiana

http://mysticdigital.io
I am the owner and the facility is fully operational since Mid 2018. I actually focus more on custom GPU rig hosting (as well as ASICS) as most other places are ASIC focussed.
Sundance_

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 03:50:02 PM

Anyone want to Necro this thread ? I'll help. Or is it somewhere else?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: