Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am here to guide all of you.  (Read 3056 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:20:10 PM

Everyone knows me, Maria OG.

I am the oldest miner of this forum and I must say, we are getting distracted. Who cares if X or Y developer quits. Lets focus on educating about the benefits of virtual currency agains fiat "paper or digital form" currency.

The first mistake that was made was removing the easy mining feature. by doing this, you centralized mining on not only those with the knowledge to mine, but also the equipment needed. If it was left integrated with bitcoin core, than the distribution of the coin would have been by now broader. broader distribution of bitcoin means what we all know it meas.

Lets discuss about this AMA!

Maria

you are a noob, not because of your activity level but just your lack of understanding of bitcoin mining.
lets say mining was left integrated into bitcoin-core.exe rather than allowing separate 'lite' implementation..
it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure ways around it, not only by faking the .exe relay data to then use on more simplistic systems to then allow multiple systems per user, cheaper than just 1 system.
but also it doesnt take much effort to just buy multiple computers either.
if you next say about limiting IP addresses as another solution.. i would say.. prove that there are 1 million individual miners with individual IP's vs 5 miners with 200,000 ip's each.

no matter what way you implement something and put security to try to create a fair and just system. people will find a way to use it to their advantage.

I think you miss read so ill rephrase. If mining was left in the .exe as you say, then today I noob would download the core and start mining.

You can, just start with -gen=1

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:21:54 PM

Maria,

Why the noob account?  What happened to your original account?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
maria6.0 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:22:50 PM

I am the oldest miner of this forum and I must say, we are getting distracted. Who cares if X or Y developer quits. Lets focus on educating about the benefits of virtual currency agains fiat "paper or digital form" currency.

The first mistake that was made was removing the easy mining feature. by doing this, you centralized mining on not only those with the knowledge to mine, but also the equipment needed. If it was left integrated with bitcoin core, than the distribution of the coin would have been by now broader. broader distribution of bitcoin means what we all know it meas.

Maria

you are a noob, not because of your activity level but just your lack of understanding of bitcoin mining.
lets say mining was left integrated into bitcoin-core.exe rather than allowing separate 'lite' implementation..
it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure ways around it, not only by faking the .exe relay data to then use on more simplistic systems to then allow multiple systems per user, cheaper than just 1 system.
if you next say about limiting IP addresses as another solution.. i would say.. prove that there are 1 million individual miners with individual IP's vs 5 miners with 200,000 ip's each.

no matter what way you implement something and put security to try to create a fair and just system. people will find a way to use it to their advantage.

I think you miss read so ill rephrase. If mining was left in the .exe as you say, then today I noob would download the core and start mining.

Ok, but need to be a [button] that says [Start Mining] right on the main screen of the GUI. Not a hidden command, only designed for computer scientist. not computer consumers. the people who move the mouse around and click on stuff.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:26:55 PM

Maria

Ok, but need to be a [button] that says [Start Mining] right on the main screen of the GUI. Not a hidden command, only designed for computer scientist. not computer consumers. the people who move the mouse around and click on stuff.

Damn, you right! To make mining button visible will solve all the problems! Every noob will mine coins on his/her laptop !
It was so easy, and nobody got it! GENIUS!
maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:29:28 PM

Maria

Damn, you right! To make mining buttun visible will solve all the problems! Every noob will mine coins on his/her laptop !
It was so easy, and nobody got it! GENIUS!

Its a lottery. The analogy of removing the button is hiding the gas station where your lottery is played and placing somewhere where only a certain few can play the lottery.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:29:53 PM

-snip-

So, no revolution without a guide, eh?

I dont see a problem with creating a simple text file in the correct folder to get what you want. If that little is too much to ask, we might as well go full hearn.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:32:09 PM

in 10 seconds i can make code to make a program on 10,000 computers appear to have 'pressed a button'

so even though it would appear easier for people to get into mining without knowing code.. as its a nice easy 1 button and go..
their earnings would be 6 sats an hour because smarter people would have made a work around to be more productive.

i think the wa to get new people into bitcoin is to start them off as just users. and then gently teach them about hobby mining using altcoins, which can be more profitable while still benefiting from the learning experience.. and then if the are serious enough to join the ranks of the petahash level of mining with the funding to afford the systems required, then they can.

but reinventing the wheel wont bring back the glory days of horse drawn carts transporting gold.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:32:35 PM

I also don't know about you but what does matter is I do agree on this phrase that x or y can leave Bitcoin as it doesn't depends on persons.I do believe in Bitcoin and it has reached the point where it can not undo and reversed.This wheel of time which has one way movement that is ahead towards more better and stable future.Bitcoin is first step towards digital currencies and it will live here.
maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:32:42 PM

-snip-

I dont see a problem with creating a simple text file in the correct folder to get what you want. If that little is too much to ask, we might as well go full hearn.

thats process is not relevant to what bitcoin is. creating files, adding command and IPS is not what using bitcoin on a daily should be. A user should be able to click to send, click to generate, click to close, click to anything.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:34:51 PM

-snip-

thats process is not relevant to what bitcoin is. creating files, adding command and IPS is not what using bitcoin on a daily should be. A user should be able to click to send, click to generate, click to close, click to anything.

Why?

pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:35:06 PM

If mining was so easy like some POS altcoins then Bitcoin probably was not reaching to these prices.Bitcoin will come out successfully from current wave of fud by bankers paid workers.Bitcoin will bounce back sooner this time more higher than it was recently.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:38:28 PM

Maria

I think you miss read so ill rephrase. If mining was left in the .exe as you say, then today I noob would download the core and start mining. plain and simple and integrated in the whole bitcoin idea. easier to digest and understand as a noob, also makes me feel like im part of the whole generating process. I am proposing no sort of limitation, im suggesting to reimplement coin generating into the core so cpu hashes can join the party and help decentralize the coin generation process. Which is currently mainly in china, not globally distributed in multiple devices the way it should. So the Chinese mining farms will constantly have to compete with the million of laptops also generating coins.

Would it not be a complete waste of time and electricity, not to mention degrading hardware, for a person to be mining on there laptop or home PC?  surely they would never find a block againt the mining farms anyway?
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:39:28 PM

creating files, adding command and IPS is not what using bitcoin on a daily should be. A user should be able to click to send, click to generate, click to close, click to anything.

+21mm!!

IIRC the primecoin wallet I used long ago had this button, and I mined UNB a bit with setgenerate true -1 or something like that a long time ago too.

I have the electrum BTC wallet and am suprised how bland it is in comparison to most altcoin wallets I have used.. It definately could use some art and styling.

Bitcoin needs to be EASY and NEWBIE FRIENDLY to use, add some attractive design.

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:39:48 PM

-snip-

Why?

because bitcoin is stagnating right now. Mining is centralized and the idea of the bitcoin philosophy seems more complicated when you have to explain the mining as a separate process of the bitcoin core. So its like yes to use bitcoin just download the core and start receiving, Oh you want time bitcoins? thats a diff story grandma, you need a 60THS miner that cost 20K USD in preorder. It makes users run away from the whole idea.
maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:41:24 PM

Maria

I think you miss read so ill rephrase. If mining was left in the .exe as you say, then today I noob would download the core and start mining. plain and simple and integrated in the whole bitcoin idea. easier to digest and understand as a noob, also makes me feel like im part of the whole generating process. I am proposing no sort of limitation, im suggesting to reimplement coin generating into the core so cpu hashes can join the party and help decentralize the coin generation process. Which is currently mainly in china, not globally distributed in multiple devices the way it should. So the Chinese mining farms will constantly have to compete with the million of laptops also generating coins.

Would it not be a complete waste of time and electricity, not to mention degrading hardware, for a person to be mining on there laptop or home PC?  surely they would never find a block againt the mining farms anyway?

One of the laptops in the world will find a block. Its a lottery, the laptop guy just bought less tickets than the mining farms
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:45:27 PM

-snip-

Why?

because bitcoin is stagnating right now. Mining is centralized and the idea of the bitcoin philosophy seems more complicated when you have to explain the mining as a separate process of the bitcoin core. So its like yes to use bitcoin just download the core and start receiving, Oh you want time bitcoins? thats a diff story grandma, you need a 60THS miner that cost 20K USD in preorder. It makes users run away from the whole idea.

I guess you left bitcointalk cause all the users around was so stupid that they even did not value your brilliant ideas.
But thanks god you come back with THE SOLUTION: BUTTON.

Thank you so much.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

-snip-

Why?

But putting a button in place will not make my CPU into a Petahash miner. I can only do its few kilohash/s (or maybe megahash/s). The button should be labeled "waste energy". Your lottery would be an idiot tax for the local electricity company.

maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:01:22 PM

-snip-

Why?

But putting a button in place will not make my CPU into a Petahash miner. I can only do its few kilohash/s (or maybe megahash/s). The button should be labeled "waste energy". Your lottery would be an idiot tax for the local electricity company.

right
maria6.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Bitcoin + mining = samething

we merge the two philosophies into bitcoin core.

Thats only to fix an old mistake.

What bitcoin needs now / today to gain traction equivalent to VISA or Amex or paypal is more user adoption. Users need consumer designed software that fill the specific needs. The user should not need any particular expertise to use the software service. Likewise, VISA or paypal do not require you to configure ssl ports or handle encryption.

Bitcoin needs to friendlify popcorn time style
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:38:13 PM

Bitcoin + mining = samething

we merge the two philosophies into bitcoin core.

Thats only to fix an old mistake.

What bitcoin needs now / today to gain traction equivalent to VISA or Amex or paypal is more user adoption. Users need consumer designed software that fill the specific needs. The user should not need any particular expertise to use the software service. Likewise, VISA or paypal do not require you to configure ssl ports or handle encryption.

Bitcoin needs to friendlify popcorn time style

making mining part of all users role wont help.. people are complaining about 1mb blocks.. just imagine it if everyone had to sit at 100% cpu and ram usage for just 0.00000001 a day (if syndicated/pooled) or 12.5btc if they are lucky this year, and 6.25 in 3 years when their luck comes in again if solo.

people just wont do it solo..

as for bitcoin needing to hit visa transaction limits.. well visa's world wide estimation is based on a culmination of several systems.. not one. so a close analogy is VISA USA =bitcoin, VISA EU=litecoin VISA UK=feathercoin, and so on
where cryptocurrencies combined=100000's of tx/sec

so bitcoins scaling requirements is not as big as you may think.
also its not something that needs to happen today. it can grow at the same rate that bitcoin community/adoption grows.

i do agree that the GUI needs improvements so that people who dont even like computers can use it. but i think that each GUI should have several general rules that cannot be broken. (main protocol rules) and then their own features and usage types  to give people options /choices. that way there is no "if it aint bitcoin-core it aint bitcoin" debate. because all implementations will have the same basic rules to ensure they all work on the same genesis backed chain

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: