Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoin730

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:03:30 PM

They updated it right?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 10:20:22 PM

What an incredibly moronic, toxic community this place has become.  Cry

I can only conclude that this community is made up of a mixture of zealots  Cry

The level of ignorance, vitriol and fanaticism being displayed here is rather disheartening  Cry

Muh Satoshi's original vision®  Cry

Your already unseemly self-pity is becoming nauseating.  The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into rbtc to circlejerk yourselves the better.

On the Hearnia Scale of Whiny Ragequitting, I'd rate your blubbering very low.

Not very creative, not any new material, just the same old boring litany using the same old "Toxic Sensor Ships" rhetoric.

If you don't like what Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority decides then take a cue from Cryddit.  IE, stop whining, man up, and go use another socioeconomic majority's alternative Nakamoto Consensus associated coin/token.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:25:34 PM

If you don't like what Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority decides then take a cue from Cryddit.  IE, stop whining, man up, and go use another socioeconomic majority's alternative Nakamoto Consensus associated coin/token.

^

more proof blockstreamers want people to stop using bitcoin..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:28:15 PM

What an incredibly moronic, toxic community this place has become. All over a disagreement on how bitcoin should scale.

There is no reason to tell someone who disagrees with you to go use another coin. That is incredibly immature and divisive... I can only conclude that this community is made up of a mixture of zealots who want to prove themselves right at all costs and asinine morons. Or so it seems from the last 20 pages of this thread or so.

The level of ignorance, vitriol and fanaticism being displayed here is rather disheartening to say the least.

Those who support bigger blocks should not be treated with disrespect merely for supporting Satoshi's original vision for on-chain scaling procedures.

Yeah.... that.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:32:45 PM

It isn't that I don't like what Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority decides.

What I don't like is that they are refusing to even attempt to decide.

If people aren't even willing to work together, this will fail.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:46:08 PM

to the classic HF shills: must be tiring to be shunned and dismissed for so long.

Yes. It has been. But the ordeal has not so far exceeded our stamina.

Cheers!

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:46:43 PM

If you don't like what Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority decides then take a cue from Cryddit.  IE, stop whining, man up, and go use another socioeconomic majority's alternative Nakamoto Consensus associated coin/token.

Bitcoin no gives fuck. Sorry.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:52:25 PM

If you don't like what Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority decides then take a cue from Cryddit.  IE, stop whining, man up, and go use another socioeconomic majority's alternative Nakamoto Consensus associated coin/token.

The way I see it:
If people had to be willing to work together for this thing to work it would already have failed. I agree if this was a political party I probably wouldn't eat the cake. But it isn't that. It's more like fungus. I think. Smiley

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:34:16 PM

Wait, I think I found some mistakes in the calculations!

It now seems we can raise the blocksize to 20MB immediately!!

Furthermore, we can double the blocksize every two years!! 8 GigaByte blocks are now the roadmap!!

It's the only answer to saving the community from itself.

What an incredibly moronic, toxic community this place has become. All over a disagreement on how bitcoin should scale.

The level of ignorance, vitriol and fanaticism being displayed here is rather disheartening to say the least.

Those who support bigger blocks should not be treated with disrespect merely for supporting Satoshi's original vision for on-chain scaling procedures.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:54:01 PM

Wait, I think I found some mistakes in the calculations!

It now seems we can raise the blocksize to 20MB immediately!!

Furthermore, we can double the blocksize every two years!! 8 GigaByte blocks are now the roadmap!!

It's the only answer to saving the community from itself.

Good for you, Marky Mark!

Glad to have you onboard!

Finally some progress!

Edit: Welcome to the Wildside!

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:03:08 AM

I hope Lou Reed got paid for that. Undecided

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:07:05 AM

I hope not. That would be worse than trading blood diamonds. Willful ignorance is the only right course of action in such matters.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:10:29 AM

I hope not. That would be worse than trading blood diamonds. Willful ignorance is the only right course of action in such matters.

He's an American icon. You're a godless monster. True story.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:13:07 AM

Bitcoin no gives fuck. Sorry.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perfect response to yet more passive-aggressive, bossy, poutraged "Bitcoin and Bitcoiners *MUST* do what *I* prefer RIGHT MEOW, or they are SHIRLEY DOOMED" ragequitters.

Impatiently threatening Honey Badger with "fail" is hilarious, as it shows the extortionist has no clue what antifragility is all about.  IE, if Bitcoin can fail due to asinine Process Concern Trolling then it doesn't deserve to exist.

Deciding not to decide is still a decision.  After-the-fact quibbling about Process Concerns, just because you don't like the outcome of the process, is pathetic.

Whatever our social ties to and great esteem for Cryddit, the Satoshi's Holy Protocol is Blessedly immune to such sentimental appeals.

Honey Badger is in no way obligated to consider every motion for hard forking put before him.

The SEM can't exceed its legitimate authority with hard fork popularity contests, or else moral hazard ensues.

"I REALLY REALLY want to" isn't a good enough reasons to risk consensus failure in a controversial hard fork.

As Satoshi foretold, the block size will be increased "eventually" but Sorry, Not Tonight Dear.

It isn't that I don't like what Honey Badger does.

What I don't like is that Honey Badger is refusing to even attempt to give a shit.

If Honey Badger and the cobra/bees/zebra aren't even willing to work together, this will fail.

Perhaps the fun-loving Dogecoin community is a better fit for Cryddit.  Shibes emphasize friendliness and going along to get along, which appears to be his primary Process Concern.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:39:19 AM

2MBHF  Vs  SegWit
FIGHT!

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:57:45 AM

Well i hope antpool stick to its guns and doesn't run segwit code until core makes good on their promise. Core knows 2MB would gain >75% hashing power pretty fast, but they choose to undermine the will of the majority... satoshi would be proud....

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:48:51 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4l5qz1/jameson_lopp_bitcoin_improvement_proposal_151/

Cheesy

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:23:36 AM

Well i hope antpool stick to its guns and doesn't run segwit code until core makes good on their promise. Core knows 2MB would gain >75% hashing power pretty fast, but they choose to undermine the will of the majority... satoshi would be proud....

The promise was made by a couple of devs at the conference. They weren't there with official Core decision making powers. Even if they do code the hard fork 2mb blocksize increase, there's no guarantee it will obtain "consensus" to be included in Core. Unlikely to reach consensus, making it a rather hollow promise.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:33:28 AM

The promise was made by a couple of devs at the conference. They weren't there with official Core decision making powers. Even if they do code the hard fork 2mb blocksize increase, there's no guarantee it will obtain "consensus" to be included in Core. Unlikely to reach consensus, making it a rather hollow promise.

bull crap..

luke JR did not sign the roundtable as Luke JR - 'eligius inventor and general programmer'.. he signed it as a 'bitcoin core contributor'.
Matt Corallo did not sign it as general programmer and bitcoin hobbyist.. he signed it as a 'bitcoin core contributor'.
PEter Todd did not sign it as general programmer and bitcoin hobbyist.. he signed it as a 'bitcoin core contributor'.

Luke Dashjr
Bitcoin Core Contributor

Matt Corallo
Bitcoin Core Contributor

Peter Todd
Bitcoin Core Contributor

you cant claim to be part of core in the meeting and then weeks later pretend that your decision was based on bitcoin the hobby you do in spare time

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 04:00:42 AM

I simply do not care for these excuses, and neither does antpool( and others ).
they will code it in, or else.

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: