Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:26:29 AM

Given up trying to pretend that the stalking-forks perform any role other than (insignificant) minority retrograde Core nodes, jbreher? Typical behaviour; you start one argument (XT), and when that argument turns out to be bullshit, you simply start another (Classic). No point flogging a dead horse, eh?

WTF are you on about, Carlton? I've consistently been a BU sort of a guy - at least since its inception.

Speaking of which , WTF is a 'minority retrograde Core node role'? This sound like anything but word salad to anyone other than Carlton?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:27:45 AM

brb, need to go spend at least an hour LMAO at rbtc's ETH huffing Gavinistas!

WTF are you shilling about? I don't recall Gavin ever publicly recommending to buy into the DAO.

BitcoinUserNotAffectedMeme.png

You are correct, Gavin actually is very skeptical, but there are many "Gavinistas" addicted to mETH and you can see the pump on Vers forum and /btc

Appears many more Classic/BU/XT supporters are also invested in mETH and there are plenty of reasons why.

Not saying you're _wrong_, 'cause I don't know. But... where are you getting your data?

It is indeed anecdotal

Duly noted.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 01:13:51 AM

brb, need to go spend at least an hour LMAO at rbtc's ETH huffing Gavinistas!

WTF are you shilling about? I don't recall Gavin ever publicly recommending to buy into the DAO.

BitcoinUserNotAffectedMeme.png

You are correct, Gavin actually is very skeptical, but there are many "Gavinistas" addicted to mETH and you can see the pump on Vers forum and /btc

Appears many more Classic/BU/XT supporters are also invested in mETH and there are plenty of reasons why.

Never mind Gavin, ETH smart contracts were Roger VERified!   Cheesy

Please recall Roger Ver, Brian Armstrong, Eric Voorhees, etc. spending the last year hyping Ethereum while simultaneously attacking the consensus of Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority and governance/development structures.

So you'll forgive my enjoyment of Team KryptoKit's comeuppance and the resolution of the DAO experiment:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:34:20 AM

Given up trying to pretend that the stalking-forks perform any role other than (insignificant) minority retrograde Core nodes, jbreher? Typical behaviour; you start one argument (XT), and when that argument turns out to be bullshit, you simply start another (Classic). No point flogging a dead horse, eh?

WTF are you on about, Carlton? I've consistently been a BU sort of a guy - at least since its inception.

What have you switched to now that BU has suffered it's demise? Oh, you still are? Maybe you could fix your grammar, or does all language above the level of elementary education constitute "word salad" to you? Cheesy

Vires in numeris
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:46:44 AM

What have you switched to now that BU has suffered it's demise? Oh, you still are? Maybe you could fix your grammar, or does all language above the level of elementary education constitute "word salad" to you? Cheesy

Still running BU. Thanks for asking.

Ain't nuttin' rong with my grammer - at leest not abuv. Lern to Engrish.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:19:04 AM

Of course, it's fairly predictable that you would be requesting people to dumb things down for you, it's consistent with your arguing technique, not to mention your expectations of your audience. How inconvenient that not enough people are as dumbed down as you would prefer Cheesy

(thanks for continuing to run your 0.11.1 compatible software, it'd be nice if you could find out why upgrading to software that's compatible with CLTV/CSV/0.12.1 would be more helpful to the network)

Vires in numeris
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 08:51:37 AM

Who ensures that LN does not become bitcoins DAO like experience?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 08:53:58 AM

That's not really relevant here. Let's all stop any advanced development because an incompetent team failed with their pump & dump coin? I think not. Peer reviews and extensive testing 'ensure' that. Although one can never be 100% sure.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 09:11:28 AM

That's not really relevant here. Let's all stop any advanced development because an incompetent team failed with their pump & dump coin? I think not. Peer reviews and extensive testing 'ensure' that. Although one can never be 100% sure.

Yes, agreed - so 'good' (sorry) thing this happened already and we are alerted.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:02:32 AM

Yes, agreed - so 'good' (sorry) thing this happened already and we are alerted.
I'm pretty sure that if there are potentially breaking problems with LN, that they will be discovered early on as it will surely be extensively tested as soon as any version comes live. Even if something starts going wrong (e.g. a bad entity being able to steal money from someone else), that isn't such a huge problem as long as there are no 'bail-outs' as the one proposed in ETH. The bigger problem is losing immutability and decentralization as opposed to losing X amount of funds. People will eventually recover (as we've unfortunately experienced multiple times already, and Mt.Gox is one example of that).

The Classic folks over at r/btc are exploiting this situation to attack Segwit while over-blowing the complexity of it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 12:07:14 PM

Ceterum censeo BS limitem esse delendam.

Grin

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:52:29 PM

Benevolent dictator Vitalik the Great is giving do overs.

The DAO is too big too fail, it is officially being renamed the one true "Sacred CAO".

Honestly, what is Vitalik thinking? He thinks he can go around telling exchanges to stop currency pairs from panic selling? This guy is a complete tool.
ETH is doomed now not because of some smart guy getting advantage of a smart contract (legally), but because now it's clear that ETH has a central banker named Vitalik Buterin.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 07:35:33 AM

I know it's "Classic" (and /r/btc) style to spend most of the time talking about Ethereum; but how about we buck that trend and talk about classic instead?

In an ultra rare fit of software development, they've begun to try to add BIP9/68/etc. support to Classic: https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitcoinclassic/pull/177

But because their "single constant fork" remained anything but and they've diverged from Core and don't seem to know what they're doing-- they've made a fine hairball of it and the tests aren't passing. I wonder if they'll get it working before CSV is live on the network?

I also wonder, since they already released a "0.12.1" which was, if anything, an anti-0.12.1 (ripped out warnings related to the 0.12.1 features it lacked!)-- are they going to call their kludge port 0.13 and claim to be leaders in Bitcoin innovation-- while lacking the half year of development from dozens of people and dozens of features that will be in the real 0.13?

Only time will tell, but I guess that would be consistent with their "Classic" naming practice, enh?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:07:49 AM

I also wonder, since they already released a "0.12.1" which was, if anything, an anti-0.12.1 (ripped out warnings related to the 0.12.1 features it lacked!)-- are they going to call their kludge port 0.13 and claim to be leaders in Bitcoin innovation-- while lacking the half year of development from dozens of people and dozens of features that will be in the real 0.13?
Why do things by half measures? Behold, Bitcoin Classic 1.1.0! Grin

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 05:57:19 AM

Why do things by half measures? Behold, Bitcoin Classic 1.1.0! Grin
That's a horrible manipulation attempt. Additionally, I've recently found out that one of the Classic supporters/developers, Toomin, is in support of blacklisting/coincontrol as proposed in ETH. I wonder what the planned soft-fork for Bitcoin was.  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:28:52 AM

aww seems the desperate ph0rkers are digging further with the moronic democrapy shenanigans:

meet their change.org petition: https://www.change.org/p/blockstream-please-raise-the-block-size-to-2mb-now/c

how cute. Grin

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:35:11 PM

It's a totally relevant! Rather than test LN and its base code SegWit, (bitcoin's DAO), in the real world befor deploying it on a $10B network, why shouldn't SegWit be deployed and tested in the real world on an altcoin before being implemented in Bitcoin?

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 10:39:56 PM

It's a totally relevant! Rather than test LN and its base code SegWit, (bitcoin's DAO), in the real world befor deploying it on a $10B network
LN's basecode is not Segwit. I'm surprised that you have been fed false information. Segwit is not Bitcoin's DAO and is not even as complicated as some people say that it is. Most of the codebase is just automated testing. LN could be created (AFAIK) without Segwit but it would be much harder.

why shouldn't SegWit be deployed and tested in the real world on an altcoin before being implemented in Bitcoin?
Nobody is preventing altcoins from implementing Segwit. I'm 99% of sure that if the Core developers decided to wait for this 'testing period' that the 'shill campaign' would complain everywhere that Core is stalling progress, fee market panic and other rubbish. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:40:35 PM

I know it's "Classic" (and /r/btc) style to spend most of the time talking about Ethereum; but how about we buck that trend and talk about classic instead?

In an ultra rare fit of software development, they've begun to try to add BIP9/68/etc. support to Classic: https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitcoinclassic/pull/177

But because their "single constant fork" remained anything but and they've diverged from Core and don't seem to know what they're doing-- they've made a fine hairball of it and the tests aren't passing. I wonder if they'll get it working before CSV is live on the network?

Only time will tell, but I guess that would be consistent with their "Classic" naming practice, enh?

Are you the CTO of Blockstream? you don't sound like a CTO  Huh r/btc is where the uncensored bitcoin discussion happens, who cares about ETH, but for the fact that we can learn from their DAO mistakes.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:48:41 PM

Are you the CTO of Blockstream? you don't sound like a CTO  Huh r/btc is where the uncensored bitcoin discussion happens, who cares about ETH, but for the fact that we can learn from their DAO mistakes.

Roger Ver is knee deep in Ethers. Don't pretend that place isn't what it is.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: