Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:37:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a sin to gamble?  (Read 31138 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:27:23 PM

If this is a sin, i am sure God will forgive me, because i don't know what i am doing Grin
If you already know gambling is a sin, you should stop it  Cheesy or you would continuously making a sin.
The problem is for those who really addicted to gambling and can't force him/herself to stop playing gambling, just remember how much money you have been lose from gambling and try to minimize your activity and going out to replace that activities.

It is actually on what we believe, it's not fun to gamble if you believe it is a sin because you are not having the freedom in gambling. You have to follow your religion if you are a religious person so you will have peace of mind, I know there are a lot of people who are restricted from gambling but I'm glad I am not part of them because gambling is really a fun activity for me.

If you used religion as basis for putting gambling as a sin then don't gamble at all. Because there is always the feeling of guilt inside of you every time you gamble. And the worst case is, if the pastor or the church found out that you are gambling, then they will thrown or kick you out of the church.

As a religion focus type of guy, why would you still gamble if you know that this is a sin in your religion? You don't need to break the rules of your religion just gamble, And you can't say that God will forgive you because you don't know what you are doing, If you don't know what you are doing, you might not say that God will forgive you, or maybe you will just ask God and yourself, what have you done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:57:46 PM

I don’t think anyone who gambles cares about sin or not. I mean if you are religious enough to wonder if it is a sin or not than you will probably not gamble anyway, not risk anything. If you are however gambling than you probably don’t care if it is a sin or not. Its not a deal about if its sin or not, it will ruin your entertainment if you consider it.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:43:51 PM

I don’t think anyone who gambles cares about sin or not. I mean if you are religious enough to wonder if it is a sin or not than you will probably not gamble anyway, not risk anything. If you are however gambling than you probably don’t care if it is a sin or not. Its not a deal about if its sin or not, it will ruin your entertainment if you consider it.

I don't think that gambling is a sin. Its just entertainment or just for fun that's it. If you became addicted to gambling, and like stealing money to support your addiction then its a you committed a sin. But gambling should not be considered a sin if you just play for enjoyment purposes only.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

Playing gambling isnt a sin because its just a game which you would entertain yourself in the times you were bored or seeking for leisure times but gambling would create a sin when the times when you did things like greediness and possible making illegal actions because of addiction.
I would say yes, it's not a sin. We play it to have fun and we know the risks in gambling so we have to manage ourselves carefully. It's okay to lose if you are getting the fun you are looking and to lose is just part of the life of being a gambler and as long as we know our limit and we do it responsibly there would be no problem in the future and there is no one we will blame.
Maybe you had a point on your statement, gambling literally is not a sin it will become a sin only once the behavior of the gambler/players will change into bad attitude because of greediness. But like what everybody said if we treat gambling as for fun and amusement only, perhaps nothings wrong with that matter.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:12:57 PM

Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.
Gambling is a sin is in the bible but everyone loves to gamble it created for us to had a past time when we get bored it need to involved money it depends to us on how we can deal with it discipline to our self is more important being self controlled everytime.

Y U MAD AT ME
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:35:27 AM

Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.
Gambling is a sin is in the bible but everyone loves to gamble it created for us to had a past time when we get bored it need to involved money it depends to us on how we can deal with it discipline to our self is more important being self controlled everytime.

Well i think it only becomes sinful when your gambling ways affect others negatively or if it becomes harmful in anyway. People gamble all the time and as long as it only brings positivity and enjoyment then i think there's no reason to consider it a sin. Just be mindful of how you gamble people Cheesy

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:45:03 AM

Well i think it only becomes sinful when your gambling ways affect others negatively or if it becomes harmful in anyway. People gamble all the time and as long as it only brings positivity and enjoyment then i think there's no reason to consider it a sin. Just be mindful of how you gamble people Cheesy
religion and gambling will never be a unity . you can not really talk both together as gambling actually against religion and vice versa. people really so plain , so naive when they want to make a quick cash but don't want to do a proper way , gambling aren't a way to make money properly.

you will struggle to find a way to make profit in gambling , and start blaming that gambling actually are a sin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

It is a sin if the religion does not encourage you to gamble. It is like going against the act of god and so you will be deem as a sin if you gamble. However, if it is not about religion, it is not consider a sin, but more about whether you know how to control yourself so you dont hurt others by your accessive addiction.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:25:40 PM

It is a sin if the religion does not encourage you to gamble. It is like going against the act of god and so you will be deem as a sin if you gamble. However, if it is not about religion, it is not consider a sin, but more about whether you know how to control yourself so you dont hurt others by your accessive addiction.
it is very easy to gambling in my country since the religion does not force people not to involve in this kind of activity. However, there are still laws and restrictions and the cops can catch you if you are found gambling with a huge amount of money. Try to stay away from them.
How the police in your country controls the Internet? If you have the desire to play then you always have the opportunity to do it discreetly from your computer. It would wish.
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:32:24 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 02:52:23 PM by Oralmat

Well i think that religion is more important for few people than entertainment in the form of gambling. Religious people will not do a Sin by playing gambling and ruin their life / Belief. Only people who has less belief in religion or their religion do not forbid gambling are the ones who are more involved in gamble.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:26:21 PM

Well i think that religion is more important for few people than entertainment in the form of gambling. Religious people will not do a Sin by playing gambling and ruin their life / Belief. Only people who has less belief in religion or their religion do not forbid gambling are the ones who are more involved in gamble.

For someone that believe this should not gamble however I dont want to contradict what I belief and what I am doing, it is two separate thing that is like oil and water. Everyone made a sin however when you believe that it is a sin then it is better to stay away or atleast try not to even think about it.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 03:34:20 PM

It's a real sin if you are going to depend on the law of the religion or church. Because they don't want people to gamble because that will lead them to just keep looking for the chance of winning and that is going to make them very greedy. Whatever it is a sin or not as long as you are not hurting and using other people's money, it's up to you to judge.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:48:34 PM

For someone that believe this should not gamble however I dont want to contradict what I belief and what I am doing, it is two separate thing that is like oil and water. Everyone made a sin however when you believe that it is a sin then it is better to stay away or atleast try not to even think about it.

True, we shouldn't care about sin even though we are gamblers. Frankly, nowadays to find a good thing that far away from sin is very hard. A lot people commit sin everyday not just by gambling and they don't care.

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:53:19 PM

If this is a sin, i am sure God will forgive me, because i don't know what i am doing Grin
If you already know gambling is a sin, you should stop it  Cheesy or you would continuously making a sin.
The problem is for those who really addicted to gambling and can't force him/herself to stop playing gambling, just remember how much money you have been lose from gambling and try to minimize your activity and going out to replace that activities.

It is actually on what we believe, it's not fun to gamble if you believe it is a sin because you are not having the freedom in gambling. You have to follow your religion if you are a religious person so you will have peace of mind, I know there are a lot of people who are restricted from gambling but I'm glad I am not part of them because gambling is really a fun activity for me.

Yes a lot of people are restricted from gambling because of different reasons, but I am not leaving that type of country. in my country gambling is illegal but many people will do gambling in a hidden place. And we don't have any serious restrictions in our country. People will enjoy the gambling games and live betting games.

In fact the very thing that is prohibited in some countries even provide wind or challenges quite fun to those who already have long been thought to doing so, as an example is gambling. Where there are several countries that banned gambling, but if we look deeply into the country citizens do not fully comply with this, even they do gambling by means of the open and it's also something a bad thing when the State refused but the citizens do not want to obey

The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:56:19 PM

IN the eyes of others who think that they're saint also they judge people but its look maybe yes those people who ashamed who plays gambling for the sake of profit but for us gamblers who depending on profit that we got from it maybe it is just a blessing to us.
kodes88

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

But if for example you have a religion and your religion forbids gambling / fixing gambling as a sin, then you still sin when gambling, no matter how religious you are. Sin will not turn into prayer just by ignoring it. If you know that gambling is a sin and you keep doing it, then you still sin.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:26:30 PM

Maybe in religious belief gambling was a sin, but gambling didn't mention in the Bible. However, the love of money is the root of all evil which is mentioned in the bible. Where in my part of it I am 100% agreed and believed in the Bible.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1255

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:06:52 PM

Maybe in religious belief gambling was a sin, but gambling didn't mention in the Bible. However, the love of money is the root of all evil which is mentioned in the bible. Where in my part of it I am 100% agreed and believed in the Bible.

People does not only gamble to win money or feed their greed.  This depends on the purpose why people is going to Casino.  If a person purpose is to have entertainment and enjoy himself then where is the sin on that.  If you are using your own money from legit earnings, why would anyone consider it as a sin?

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
tabas

Activity: 2996
Merit: 736

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:45:04 PM

People does not only gamble to win money or feed their greed.  This depends on the purpose why people is going to Casino.  If a person purpose is to have entertainment and enjoy himself then where is the sin on that.  If you are using your own money from legit earnings, why would anyone consider it as a sin?

We may not know those purpose of most of the gamblers why they are visiting casino's. There are some that wants to have fun, there are some that wants to make some good money, there are some that it is their source of income. But whatever their reasons, as long as they are not making themselves degrade and commit crimes, it's not a sin I guess.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:26:16 AM

But the thing about gambling in sites or casinos is that many gamblers assumed that you earn there, but no one does, what are they gaining or earning is loses, not profits. It must be really an entertainment,  noone needs to seriously take gambling as a way to gain profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: