Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Distribution models for crypto  (Read 1826 times)
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:15:18 PM

Does anyone have a good idea for distributing a PoS only coins for free? The distribution needs to be widespread and free and there needs to be robust mechanisms in place to prevent fraud such that one person only gets one payout. Using Bitcointalk usernames is just too limited and using IPs seems unreliable so what can be done?

Soooooooon...............
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

Does anyone have a good idea for distributing a PoS only coins for free? The distribution needs to be widespread and free and there needs to be robust mechanisms in place to prevent fraud such that one person only gets one payout. Using Bitcointalk usernames is just too limited and using IPs seems unreliable so what can be done?

Why to give coins for free are you idiot ? Make an IPO !!!

People do not value "free" stuff.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:29:59 PM

Share drop on bitcoin addresses
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:31:27 PM

Proportional to the amount of BTC on this addresses to prevent scams.  
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:23:38 PM

Like CLAM?

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:25:21 PM

It will be an experiment in distribution. There are enough IPOs already I would suggest...

But anyway, great suggestion, never been tried before...

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:02:09 PM

The CLAM like distribution is probably one of the best way, but still GCoin had the best distribution method. They used a mobile (Android and IOS) slots application rigged to win quite often so you got your coins according to the "effort" you've put in playing. That was the most entertaining distribution I've ever participated Smiley.
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:14:50 PM

The funny part of this is that is real. I mean a lot of Free Distribution coins failed because 1,claimers dumped in 2 minutes after the coin hit an exchange, 2, nobody wanted to buy after, cause they will buy practically "nothing".
Low price ICOs could work i guess

catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:55:33 PM

navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography

“MachineGuid”. This key is generated uniquely during the installation of Windows.
anon_giraffe

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:32:42 AM

The problem with clams is it relies on people owning the currencies used to create drop addresses so such giveaway is initially skewed towards coin holders.

How about selecting a bunch of likely coins, then filtering out a certain balance range to remove dust, exchanges, and excessive pre mines.

Another system would be to require some proof of something, captcha coin for example used filling out captchas as the work alternative.
It would be interesting to do an adclick system as long it isn't gameable.

not a sig
davien

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:09:18 AM

The problem with clams is it relies on people owning the currencies used to create drop addresses so such giveaway is initially skewed towards coin holders.

How about selecting a bunch of likely coins, then filtering out a certain balance range to remove dust, exchanges, and excessive pre mines.

Another system would be to require some proof of something, captcha coin for example used filling out captchas as the work alternative.
Yeah but this method doesn't filter out sockpuppets, which is the major problem of the distributions i guess

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:18:27 AM

navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography

“MachineGuid”. This key is generated uniquely during the installation of Windows.

The Machine GUID is fixed in the registry, but is changable if you have admin privileges. MachineGuid was quite often an issue when someone deployed several machines from a Ghost image, to resove these issues people made several scripts to change the GUID.
anon_giraffe

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:22:12 AM

Yeah but this method doesn't filter out sockpuppets, which is the major problem of the distributions i guess

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Using previous coin addresses is not gameable by sock puppets, neither is requiring captcha's.

Using addresses is 100% reliant on someone owning some coins.
Using captcha's is 100% reliant on someone doing a repetitive and is a human reliant task.

It amuses me to consider creating 10 different low user interest coins with careful consideration to make them unappealable to exchanges, thereby not being listed at all. Then using those 10 coins for address based distribution.

not a sig
davien

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:53:37 AM

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Using previous coin addresses is not gameable by sock puppets, neither is requiring captcha's.

Using addresses is 100% reliant on someone owning some coins.
Using captcha's is 100% reliant on someone doing a repetitive and is a human reliant task.

It amuses me to consider creating 10 different low user interest coins with careful consideration to make them unappealable to exchanges, thereby not being listed at all. Then using those 10 coins for address based distribution.
I was speaking about that captcha idea. How can you filter a sockpuppet with a captcha?  Or i just misunderstood you about this

anon_giraffe

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:14:16 AM

I understand you now, I was considering using them as a faucet style captcha where you could sit there for 6 hours clicking on them, as opposed to single captcha per user - in which case sock puppet mania indeed.

not a sig
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:27:26 AM

You can try distributing it per email address associated with the coin address or maybe facebook account just like how STR were distributed. i like the first part however.

or you can just run a dice game and for each user who has the address stake can receive.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
davien

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:42:36 AM

You can try distributing it per email address associated with the coin address or maybe facebook account just like how STR were distributed. i like the first part however.

or you can just run a dice game and for each user who has the address stake can receive.
With the email address distribution it's the same problem with sock puppets. The Facebook method wouldn't work because people around cryptos doesn't really use facebook. IF we speak about social networks from crypto-perspective Twitter is the leader.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:35:17 AM

No matter which distribution model you gonna choose, there will always be persons which call it unfair.
The best model is indeed to distribute the coin equally to a fixed amount of people.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:48:57 AM

No matter which distribution model you gonna choose, there will always be persons which call it unfair.
The best model is indeed to distribute the coin equally to a fixed amount of people.

Thats exactly it, the only problem is to uniquely identify these people and make sure that one person only gets one payout. No matter what you do it seems that people will be able to make several accounts and pretend to be different people etc. unless you start asking for ID which is not going to work.

So, I have been thinking along the lines of some sort of system where the wallet is "licenced" i.e. has a unique "licence" number or generates a hash from some collected data on the host computer and uses that to create the coin addresses in such a way that every coin address contains a string which is unique to that particular wallet. Does that make sense?

That should make it hard to fake, you would need two or more computers.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:57:41 AM

unless you start asking for ID which is not going to work

Why won't that work?

My other idea is to make the recipient consume a resource which is more expensive than the current market value of the tokens distributed, e.g. verified mobile numbers. But apparently in some locales, mobile numbers can be obtained for free in unlimited quantities (or am I mistaken about that?).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: