Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread)  (Read 36612 times)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:50:34 AM

Also, even Duke Nukem Forever came out eventually

But was it any good?  Tongue

I heard it wasn't, but it still came out bless their little hearts!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:51:17 AM

Obviously they already spent your money or their part. Or even stole them.

Should I have to explain how Ponzi crashes in panic caze? Only first refunds may be processed. Or may even not.

All other beleivers suck a dick.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:56:30 AM

And the worst thing is people like Mincon and the other trolls procreate.

FUCK YOU!

No thanks. But I am sure Josh from BFL will accommodate your intimate request.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:56:39 AM

Only first refunds may be processed. Or may even not.

The first refunds have been processed. If this really is a genuine scam, you shouldn't have to exaggerate.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:01:37 AM

The first refunds have been processed. If this really is a genuine scam, you shouldn't have to exaggerate.
Hehe. I participated in one great ponzi (MMM-2011 Sergey Mavrodi), I know what it is. I know how scammers speak, I know how they keep silent till the end. I know they don't provide any details and keep all things in dark.

And I know how this ends.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:02:26 AM

and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip

Why on earth would they have one chip? If they had chips at all, they would have thousands, and they would post photos of them being soldered on to PCBs and be shipping them. You know, they did say in advance that they wouldn't have hashing units, so you should have already known this, but I guess I can forgive you for not bothering to read their forums.

I think he was generally referring to a even a prototype with multiple chips. They don't even have that.

The posted on the forums weeks beforehand that they wouldn't. This is not news.

That's how fucking pathetic BFL is.

Huh

Explain. It's not like they could have asked CES to delay the entire event until they get a batch of working chips...

POINT: Don't show up to a tech convention with an incomplete product. In fact 100% incomplete. If it were an actual prototype that works and mines then great. But it wasn't. Hence all the hate. BFL knows better than to put up a front that things are hunky-dorry and really aren't.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 02:06:43 AM

1)  The general hubris you display both IRL and on these forums will be your downfall.

This coming from a failed poker player with a broken "system" who can't even manage to bathe himself properly means very little to anyone.

2)  You claim a few time I was "Stomping around" and "cussing" at the Bitpay booth.  Here is a cued video of you cussing at me:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s  if you would like more context, rewind a bit:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m19s  

3) I saw Dave recording me while I was recording you.  You say many times I was the one stomping around and cussing go ahead and post your unedited video as I have.  Let's take a look and see who is lying.

As I stated many times already, you did this the day prior and I did not want a repeat performance.  We were not expecting a troll to show your face in real life.  Thanks for trying though, but you should probably work on your reading comprehension.

4)  My galaxy Note 2 is > than both your $100 Androids that you brought to CES.  Making fun of the device, arguable the hottest Android phone out there, makes you look even more foolish than when you handed me a quarter at CES.

Yes, tell me again how awesome your Galaxy Note 2 is.  I'm sure you're very proud of the fact that you could buy a phone.

5)  The cold, hard truth stares you in the face, and you will never reply publicly to the fact-based account of the equipment you brought to CES:

3x plastic cases
1 Box of fans
1 FPGA miner, working condition unknown
2x ~$100 Androids

obviously you wont' be responding to #5.

In order:

False (We had/have no plastic cases. I honestly don't even know what the hell you're babbling about with regards to this.)
False (There's more in the "box of fans" than just fans, obviously.  Nor have we ever tried to deny the fact that we don't have our chips available for public consumption yet.  I don't know if this is a news flash for you or not, but pretty much everyone knows we are waiting on our chips.  It's not a secret.)
False (Just because it's unknown to you doesn't make it unknown, it just makes you ignorant. If you could have remained civil, you could have poked and prodded it at like a few hundred other individuals did this week.)
False (Please look up the price on the N7.)
and
False (The fact that you're reading this is evidence.)

So out of your five claims, every single one is provably false. I hope you can bring something else to the table.  Please, for the love of god, let it be a shower.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:10:25 AM

Hehe. I participated in one great ponzi (MMM-2011 Sergey Mavrodi), I know what it is. I know how scammers speak, I know how they keep silent till the end. I know they don't provide any details and keep all things in dark.

And I know how this ends.

Stop missing my point! You suggested that not even the first people would get refunds but they already have.

I'm not saying that I'm certain that all future refunds will be honoured, only that you shouldn't pretend that refunds are already being rejected.
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:12:26 AM

WOW seriously who knows if they are a scam yet, technically they showed a case, I mean I could get a case with a tablet and look exactly like that...

Only first refunds may be processed. Or may even not.

Hey stupid, Pirate processed some of his coins too, doesn't mean it isn't a scam.

Stop also missing my point!

I didn't say it can't be a scam (although it is unlikely, since they can make more from actually delivering).
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:13:43 AM

POINT: Don't show up to a tech convention with an incomplete product. In fact 100% incomplete. If it were an actual prototype that works and mines then great. But it wasn't. Hence all the hate. BFL knows better than to put up a front that things are hunky-dorry and really aren't.

POINT: it's CES. Most of the companies show to advertise incomplete products.

They announced beforehand that it wouldn't be complete in time.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:21:56 AM

The first Ponzi sign - huge advertising campaign WITHOUT real product.

BFL ads are everywhere. And chips? Where are they? Where specs? Where intermediaries info? Where transparency?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:36:35 AM

In order:

False (We had/have no plastic cases. I honestly don't even know what the hell you're babbling about with regards to this.)
False (There's more in the "box of fans" than just fans, obviously.  Nor have we ever tried to deny the fact that we don't have our chips available for public consumption yet.  I don't know if this is a news flash for you or not, but pretty much everyone knows we are waiting on our chips.  It's not a secret.)
False (Just because it's unknown to you doesn't make it unknown, it just makes you ignorant. If you could have remained civil, you could have poked and prodded it at like a few hundred other individuals did this week.)
False (Please look up the price on the N7.)
and
False (The fact that you're reading this is evidence.)

So out of your five claims, every single one is provably false. I hope you can bring something else to the table.  Please, for the love of god, let it be a shower.

I guess the next projected date (next week will show if you have more secrets). "Oh we are delaying another 30 days blah blah blah"lol  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:38:24 AM

POINT: it's CES. Most of the companies show to advertise incomplete products.

They announced beforehand that it wouldn't be complete in time.

Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:39:28 AM

Every ASIC vendor advertised (at least a little bit) before they had a finished product. This does not imply that they didn't have a real design.

BFL ads are everywhere.

Obviously they have a good advertising budget. You can get this sort of funds when you have good investors who see some serious cash to be made.

And chips? Where are they?

Being produced? You realise that it takes a long time to produce them, right? This means that if the initial batch doesn't work (annoyingly high chance), it takes a long time to get the second batch. If that doesn't work either, you're forced to delay the shipment for a third, etc.

Where specs?

Why would they publish specs of their chips? The spec of the finished product is all that really matters to the customer.

Where intermediaries info? Where transparency?

Um, what do you consider to be "transparency"? I've noticed some pretty ridiculous goalpost-shifting over the last few months...every time they publish something, they apparently cease to be transparent if they don't publish more.

You may think this looks like a scam, but the simple fact is that the outward appearance of a new company trying to release their first ASIC product looks pretty much exactly the same, so it would be 50/50 for a scam or no scam without evidence. However, consider this evidence:

• ASICMINER has working chips, so it is at least physically possible to produce mining ASICs
  • bASIC apparently also has a small number of prototype chips (possibly from a MPW)
  • BFL has sold FPGA products before, so they probably already had at least some of the required expertise, they know how mining works, etc.
  • Selling ASICs can be very, very profitable. If their power usage is lower than their competitors, then they will remain profitable for longer...people will still be buying these for a long time
  • Many are simply waiting to see real products before they order, myself included, resulting in a fresh wave of orders after they first ship

Having ruled out that it's impossible to produce ASICs, BFL is in a better position financially if they can produce a real product than if they can get away with a scam. Assuming they want to make money, it's therefore more likely that the products are real.
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:42:30 AM

Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show

Of course it's there for show. It's goddamn CES, where companies try to show off whatever they can. They said weeks in advance that their chips wouldn't be ready.

and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.

They'd have to be braindead to not realise that people would ask about them. They wouldn't have been able to release FPGA products if they were braindead.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:43:27 AM

Every ASIC vendor advertised (at least a little bit) before they had a finished product. This does not imply that they didn't have a real design.

BFL ads are everywhere.

Obviously they have a good advertising budget. You can get this sort of funds when you have good investors who see some serious cash to be made.

And chips? Where are they?

Being produced? You realise that it takes a long time to produce them, right? This means that if the initial batch doesn't work (annoyingly high chance), it takes a long time to get the second batch. If that doesn't work either, you're forced to delay the shipment for a third, etc.

Where specs?

Why would they publish specs of their chips? The spec of the finished product is all that really matters to the customer.

Where intermediaries info? Where transparency?

Um, what do you consider to be "transparency"? I've noticed some pretty ridiculous goalpost-shifting over the last few months...every time they publish something, they apparently cease to be transparent if they don't publish more.

You may think this looks like a scam, but the simple fact is that the outward appearance of a new company trying to release their first ASIC product looks pretty much exactly the same, so it would be 50/50 for a scam or no scam without evidence. However, consider this evidence:

• ASICMINER has working chips, so it is at least physically possible to produce mining ASICs
  • bASIC apparently also has a small number of prototype chips (possibly from a MPW)
  • BFL has sold FPGA products before, so they probably already had at least some of the required expertise, they know how mining works, etc.
  • Selling ASICs can be very, very profitable. If their power usage is lower than their competitors, then they will remain profitable for longer...people will still be buying these for a long time
  • Many are simply waiting to see real products before they order, myself included, resulting in a fresh wave of orders after they first ship

Having ruled out that it's impossible to produce ASICs, BFL is in a better position financially if they can produce a real product than if they can get away with a scam. Assuming they want to make money, it's therefore more likely that the products are real.

All of your "benefit of the doubts" show how much support you have for BFL.

How much in preorders do you have with BFL?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:46:02 AM

Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show

Of course it's there for show. It's goddamn CES, where companies try to show off whatever they can. They said weeks in advance that their chips wouldn't be ready.

and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.

They'd have to be braindead to not realise that people would ask about them. They wouldn't have been able to release FPGA products if they were braindead.

1. Showcasing a box with a nexus 7 and fans has nothing to do with mining. It has everything to do with fluff and bullshit.

2. You forgot to mention that they didn't say they were going to be 70+ days late on delivering their products. I'm sure you would support them if they said tomorrow that their chips wont be read until Christmas 2013.

3. Braindead they are just look at Josh's eyes. Red.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 02:58:31 AM

That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.
You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie, perhaps no one has ever told you this nicely, so let me try.

Your posts are rude, non-sensical (redefining english words by quoting them), childish (improper sentence construction, and too many lols and smileys) and incoherent (as I have pointed out). Whereas mine are polite, but stern. This is why many readers ignore you: the forum software shows your "ignore" link in a dark shade of orange.

Tell me, you write on bitcointalk to share your ideas, right? So you should put 2 and 2 together and realize it is in your best interest to improve the quality of your posts, in order to be less often ignored and be able to share your ideas with a larger readership. So please do improve your writings and communication skills.

As to my BFL pre-orders, I am not answering because: (1) it would be impolite to boast about them, (2) this is none of your business, (3) no one cares anyway, and (4) nobody understands the point you are trying to make! (I am happy to demonstrate my belief in BFL through a bet, therefore I would be happy, not embarrassed, to do the same through my pre-orders. "lol" indeed)
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:58:34 AM

All of your "benefit of the doubts" show how much support you have for BFL.

Which benefits of the doubt? ASICs really do take a long time to produce. Failed chips really do require a whole new production run. What we see really is how things would look if their first chips failed and they were forced to get new ones made. Most companies really are light on information, only publishing what they need to market it.

I'm not giving them a free ride here. BFL really can make more money from products that really are possible to produce, than from a scam. Simple logic says that BFL will do whatever will make them the most money.

How much in preorders do you have with BFL?

You didn't even read my post. Sad

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty sure that it's genuine, but I do want to see some real-world power consumption figures of the final product before I order. Electricity is expensive here.
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 02:59:44 AM

2. You forgot to mention that they didn't say they were going to be 70+ days late on delivering their products. I'm sure you would support them if they said tomorrow that their chips wont be read until Christmas 2013.

Sure thing, Captain Hindsight! I'm sure they totally knew about all the mistakes they would make before they made them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: