Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread)  (Read 36605 times)
dstruct2k

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 07:57:23 AM

I don't need to bet to [...] help convince others that BFL is full of shit. LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Actually, yes. Your criticism of BFL completely fails to convince me. So, yes you would need to bet in order for me to take you seriously.

There's something seriously wrong with you if you think people MUST put money on the line just to prove that they stand behind what they believe to be true. Go troll some other thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 07:58:07 AM

I don't need to bet to [...] help convince others that BFL is full of shit. LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Actually, yes. Your criticism of BFL completely fails to convince me. So, yes you would need to bet in order for me to take you seriously.

There's something seriously wrong with you if you think people MUST put money on the line just to prove that they stand behind what they believe to be true. Go troll some other thread.

+1 He is "hedging" because of his funds are tied up with BFL preorders LOL!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 08:01:21 AM

Where did I ever say that I care if you take me seriously?

Nowhere. I don't care that you don't care. I just stated you would need to bet to convince me. That is all.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:02:25 AM

Where did I ever say that I care if you take me seriously?

Nowhere. I don't care that you don't care. I just stated you would need to bet to convince me. That is all.

lol right. And I care to convince you because? Oh right I don't care to.

Let's play again! This is fun!  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 08:02:55 AM

No, "hedging" would be me betting against BFL.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:04:35 AM

No, "hedging" would be me betting against BFL.

That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.

Try to keep up ok? LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:06:08 AM

@MRB how much did you invest in BFL preorders?

$10k? $20k? $50k?

Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:08:56 AM

This is ALL not done like that!

There are a crowdfinding services like kickstarter, which verifies business plan, company info, etc, etc!

Company must gather funds for asic technology research there! For research! Not for selling non existent things!

And this is $30.000.000 scam.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:30:48 AM

Your obsession with bets is disturbing. Please get help before you end up like Lurk.
mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 08:41:20 AM

That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.

You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:01:35 AM

Meet Bitpay Business Solutions and Butterfly Labs!

We received $500k investments! BFL received $30000000 investments through us!

We do serious business!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niaMCTPDNeo
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:14:02 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2013, 09:33:29 AM by naima53

Sorry for my english. (translation). Does anyone know the answer to reliably one of my question?
-Which name of the bank BFL receives investor funds and payment to contractors?What is the reputation of the bank? It is offshore? (this information should be made public except for the information on contractors)
-Which insurance company insured domestic investment risks the company BFL? Or not insured? (may be classified information)
-Which published a summary (detailed) information for investors. There must have be described by two positions higher description of the risks. (I do not know how to translate)
-Where in the published reports with the exact dates of the development for investors(it should be in public, perhaps without giving names of counterparties (eg, factory))(For example, 12.01.2011 - design is complete, 10/08/2012 - issued an order for the production of test batch to the factory ..)
-At what place are published the current financial performance of the company BFL?(financial statements)

If not half the answer - it is definitely scam. Undecided

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 09:38:47 AM

Micon,

Next time you try to troll our booth, try not to be such a crappy troll.  You are transparent as hell.  Also, don't ever cuss at my employees, especially in public. Also, if you're going to make a fake badge, don't make such a crappy, fake badge to get into the place with your trailer park, white trash face plastered all over it.  

I know the quarter I gave you is probably like a weeks worth enjoyment for you, so by all means, enjoy it.  You really should use it to buy a clue, but you'l probably spend it on hookers and blow.

I can't wait to see the video you post of me telling you to take a hike.  BTW, if you try to edit it, I have an unedited video available to show what a douchebag you are.

For those of you wondering why I told him to buy a clue, he was berating one of my employees and cussing at them, in public, at our booth and making a general scene yesterday, stomping around and yelling "IS IT JUST A FUCKING BOX WITH A FANS?!" over and over. Yes, he was literally stomping around like a child.  I figured that was the end of it, but apparently he decided to show up again today, so I was ready for him.

Hello rude human that gave me a quarter and is running a scam:

1) that fake, crappy badge has been sneaking me into everywhere in Vegas for ~ 5 years.  I have snuck into countless conventions of every sort with it.  Had you not called security and instead engaged me in fact-based conversation about your device that you brought to CES, I would have made it the full 5 extra minutes I intended to attend the convention on Thursday.  Oh btw I'll be back tomorrow with more people and more cameras.  I'll have a legitimate press badge too.  Whatcha gonna do then when I film your box of fans connected to 2x $100 android devices sitting next to 3 plastic cases with you holding $25M in pre-orders you can't ship?

2)  Don't take my word for it, just watch the entire interaction and judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWrmIqGs3Y

the juicy part is ~ 2:10 in, and this is 13 minute video because I was genuinely interested in Bitpay, which as most of us heard got the headshot round of funding ($510k) and as most of us understand is an amazing way for a small business to start accepting bitcoin tomorrow - in essence, they are spreading the gospel and making a nice business charging a fair price - an amazing company working for good that I so happy is receiving attention and money.  BFL by contrast has raised by this writer's estimation $25M - a full 50x what Bitpay just raised - but BFL did it by taking pre-orders on a device they could not produce or show was working at CES, and bitpay had to give up equity. 

As most of you will watch in this video, BFL knows I'm a skeptic and I am recording and ask to see their device.  If they had real technology, why not show the skeptic what you have?  Helping Freemoney run SealsWithClubs, I have skeptics approach me all the time.  I answer every question they have about bitcoin or Seals software, and show them as completely and honestly every part of every question they have.  When I asked BFL what this machine was they have on display at CES, the guy gives me a quarter and treats be very rudely.  This is classic scammer actions.  When questioned for real, scammers deflect, make a scene, or just call you stupid.  This guy did all 3.  Writing is on the wall.

The Micon verdict is in.  Butterfly Labs is a total scam.  The entire stored value in bitcoin is ~ $140M at this point.  BFL has collected roughly 20% of the total stored value of bitcoin and all they brought to CES is a box of fans, 2x $100 androids, 3 plastic cases, and an FPGA miner that wasn't mining when Dave showed it to me and the guy today just insulted me and gave me a quarter when I asked about it.

Oh and don't keep asking BFL about a fact-based report of the equipment they brought to CES - you will be met with insults to your intelligence.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 09:53:34 AM

I will overdeliver on this point.

Epic CES video being edited / uploaded.

teasers:

1)  I easily once again sneak in to CES
2)  BFL guy literally hands me an actual quarter (I have the quarter) and tells me to get a clue instead of talking with me about his product on display at CES
3)  I take a very informative and well-spoken interview from the Bitpay guys about their round of funding, and congratulated them on spreading the bitcoin gospel and generally working for good.  I further explained I am starting an ecig company and will be of course using bitpay as my bitcoin processor.
4)  start filming the box of fans & $100 androids & 3 plastic cases they brought to CES (from afar, they are sort of guarding their equipment at this point and I moved to the other side to interview the Bitpay guys) and explain that BFL has been given roughly 50x the amount of funding that bitpay has just received, but in the form of pre-orders.  At this point I'm pretty sure the BFL guys called Venetian security because...
5)  I get kicked out

Epic video on the way.  BFL a total scam, they act exactly as scammers would and I will show you a perfect side-by-side comparison of how a real business would look at CES vs. a total, utter scam.

Put your money where your mouth is: bet against "Butterfly Labs ASIC is real".

If you are right that BFL are scammers, then you will roughly triple your coins (there is only 51.55 BTC on your side, but 109.74 BTC on mine). But I suppose you are going to invent some excuse for not betting, like every single person in my sig...

I am happy to make an escrow-ed wager on this matter.  I am not keen on using the betsofbitcoin system, but I am happy to escrow a 10 coin wager on the matter with you personally.  We can find a mutually agreeable escrow and terms of the wager.  I am more than willing to bet the scam side.  I'm thinking something like all pre-orders not shipped by end of 2013?  I'll take the don't on that 1 for sure.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:00:43 AM

The fact you refuse to bet, shows that you have low confidence in your claim that BFL are scammers Roll Eyes

BFL are not scammers. They are just disorganized airheads that try to run a business. And got/get scammed by some Asian benefactors*).

------------------
*)(c) bASIC/Tom

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 10:02:13 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the anti-semetic joke he tried to tell me about at the end.   I can't wait to see if he posts that part... Fortunately I do have video of that portion with clear audio. Smiley

Micon, the piss poor anti-semite troll!

1)  You have taken $25,000,000 by my estimation of bitcoin community money with the promise to ship something you cannot display at CES 2013.  Your deflection of my "Jewish Football game joke" is as transparent as it is desperate.

2)  Both of my parents are Jewish.  I am an atheist and only believe in science, but most humans would classify me as Jewish, giving me full right to make the joke and making you look totally foolish.

3)  I was spending time with my mother, father, wife, and 2 week old daughter after you so rudely handed me fiat and got me kicked out of CES today.  Don't worry, the full video in it's unedited format is right here, and I have it cued to where you make an ass of yourself:

http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m19s

Take a watch at the 2nd part of the interview, when I ask a legitimate bitcoin-facing business about their functions, and notice the difference.  Did they think I was stomping around the booth yelling and trolling?   Seems hat only you have made that report, and I have an extremely valid point BFL refuses to even answer:

Give us a fact-based account of the equipment you brought and are displaying at CES.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:05:43 AM

I like how you don't stop talking for the whole video and no one gets more than 3 words in edgewise.  Cheesy
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:07:03 AM

Micon: respect! Smiley

Die BFL, Die! Kill it with fire!
lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:27:12 AM

So looks like Bitpay participated in a BFL crime, money laundering and tax evasion? Is it true?
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 10:29:05 AM

So looks like Bitpay participated in a BFL crime, money laundering and tax evasion? Is it true?

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: