Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who do you think is the most stupid in the gun debate?
Pro-Gun Activists - 19 (22.6%)
Anti-Gun Activists - 40 (47.6%)
They're both incredible morons who have completely ruined their chances of an intelligent debate - 25 (29.8%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In the gun debate who do you think is the most stupid?  (Read 15500 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:45:59 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side. It's not a "biblical sized discussion," It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it, and then some.

And it's spelled "douchebag." If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss
Right. Just like "Google" will provide it  Huh

Youre not making a clear point. And either case i was asking you. And i understood by your earlier post that "You" where an " anti gun activist" maybe that is where the misunderstanding was. On my part.

Are you referring to this post, that you were originally responding to?
Anti-Gun Activists

Keep in mind, that without context, it's reasonable to assume that this is in response to the post title and question posed in the OP:
In the gun debate who do you think is the most stupid?

So, yes, I'd say the misunderstanding was entirely on your part, and most likely from the very beginning.

And then, as a sort of punch line, you call me "like reall fucking stupit."  Cheesy

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:33:35 PM

Oh, and Rob, this^ moron's posts are more evidence. This one is representative, no need to browse his post history, they're all that sort of mixture of idiocy and dictionary definition, peppered with time-wasting graphics.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:38:59 PM

Rob, that was the post history of one of the posters on the anti-gun side. It's not a "biblical sized discussion," It's not a discussion at all. You asked for evidence why the anti-gun activists are the stupid ones, that link will provide it, and then some.

And it's spelled "douchebag." If you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. Kiss
Right. Just like "Google" will provide it  Huh

Youre not making a clear point. And either case i was asking you. And i understood by your earlier post that "You" where an " anti gun activist" maybe that is where the misunderstanding was. On my part.

Are you referring to this post, that you were originally responding to?
Anti-Gun Activists

Keep in mind, that without context, it's reasonable to assume that this is in response to the post title and question posed in the OP:
In the gun debate who do you think is the most stupid?

So, yes, I'd say the misunderstanding was entirely on your part, and most likely from the very beginning.

And then, as a sort of punch line, you call me "like reall fucking stupit."  Cheesy

* face palm *

hmmmm m. .  ok i understood you where saying you where a anti gun activist my bad . . don't shoot me. .  Ok i will take full responsibility for being a "Douchebag" . Sorry.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:54:17 PM

Sorry.

Accepted. Thank you for showing enough intellectual integrity to understand when you've stepped in it, and not continue to track it around the thread. Wink

Rob E

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:23:45 PM

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we have both an excellent example of how to be a good person, and how to be a douchebag. I'll leave it to the reader to determine which of the previous two posters is doing which.

Rob E

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:40:33 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 09:57:30 PM by Rob E

Well i think the whole premise of the gun debate wether who is more stupid is wrong  i think a better question to answer is "Who is more right". I actually think that is more constructive question to ask as people can come forth with an argument. . I think the most imortand reason why people should beable to bear arms or own a gun is to beable to defend themselfs or be able to fight back from a government  if it  becomes too tyranical.  What i understand it is  the reason  the second amendment was put there in the first place .
 I think the right of the american people to practice the 2nd amendment  has  has never had more value meaning or importance  in the whole history of the American time period.  
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:06:01 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 03:35:33 AM by Transisto

Sorry but what gun debate ? I only see a fight.

The government wanting it's population to disarm themselves is all what it is.

Only the naive sheeples watching main stream news think it's worth debating.

Please stop feeding these gun vs no gun threads.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 01:13:24 AM

Well i think the whole premise of the gun debate wether who is more stupid is wrong  i think a better question to answer is "Who is more right". I actually think that is more constructive question to ask as people can come forth with an argument. . I think the most imortand reason why people should beable to bear arms or own a gun is to beable to defend themselfs or be able to fight back from a government  if it  becomes too tyranical.  What i understand it is  the reason  the second amendment was put there in the first place .
 I think the right of the american people to practice the 2nd amendment  has  has never had more value meaning or importance  in the whole history of the American time period. 

All of this is true.  But the OP doesn't want a better question or a constructive argument.  It's just a cowardly way to replace discussion of important matters with mere ridicule.  Very Jon Stewart, as he stated.

The most ridiculous idea is that free, rugged individual Americans would care about our UK/Euroweenie cousins' worthless bien pensant opinions regarding personal liberty and the force multiplying hardware that originally won and ultimately defend it.

When they see fit to stand on their own as sovereign people instead of subjects to hereditary Monarchs, we can have a worthwhile conversation.

Meanwhile, it is an exercise in futility to attempt explaining concepts so far beyond their experience and comprehension.

All they have ever known is generations lived as serfs or vassals controlled by their owner, the Queen, and master, the State.  You'd have better luck teaching quantum cosmology to a jellyfish!

Here is their ruler, resplendent in Her Royal Crown and Scepter:

"Thou Shalt Not Bear Arms, you spineless bloody peasant worm.  Off with your head!"

Here is our ruler, resplendent in its Bill of Rights:

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

In conclusion,

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:40:19 AM

Nice one. Though I'd just like to point out that not all British citizens are quite as hopeless as you make out (in the same was that many US citizens actually are). Worth bearing in mind that Washington was, at one point, a colonel in the British army.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:43:26 AM

Nice one. Though I'd just like to point out that not all British citizens are quite as hopeless as you make out (in the same was that many US citizens actually are). Worth bearing in mind that Washington was, at one point, a colonel in the British army.

Yes, many Brits resent their gormless peers and envy the freedom enjoyed across the pond.  Some even move here, acquire citizenship, and appear on American Guns.   Grin  Good for them!

Also, many Americans are as pitiful as any helpless Euroweenie and spend their time strenuously objecting to the Liberty secured by their forefathers.  It's sad.

Good point about Gen. Washington, it really emphasizes how important it is for individuals to choose rebellion to tyrants and fight until free, or die trying.

Here a couple more memes for ya:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████