Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens if the bitcoin disappear ?  (Read 13695 times)
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:44:30 PM

I can't see a lot of ripples in the market happening if it suddenly ceased to exist.
It doesn't have much appeal to stock market investors as they see it as a fly by night anomaly that will fade away one day anyway.
The majority of people who use it are computer/internet users(junkies Cheesy) and the poor people who want to transfer it to another part of the world without having to pay massive fees in doing so.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:49:56 PM

I doubt it will disappear. Let's remember that all coins will be mined in 100 years from now so it will be here for a long time to stay. This was a very well thought thing to do by Satoshi.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:54:03 PM

Bitcoin is not going nowhere.It will live and will be here because this is soul of digital currencies and more important is a billion dollars industry for remittance.Keep calm and keep watching all will be normal like never was nothing bad happened to it.
simon66

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:07:48 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is immortal, as in it will never die and be around for the rest of time. The only way bitcoin is going to die is if all of the internet dies, or the human race goes first and takes bitcoin with it. And that is only if other intelligent beings from somewhere out in the universe haven't also adopted bitcoin by then Wink
Maybe bitcoin even came to us from another world.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:02:54 PM

Bitcoin is not going nowhere.It will live and will be here because this is soul of digital currencies and more important is a billion dollars industry for remittance.Keep calm and keep watching all will be normal like never was nothing bad happened to it.

Bitcoin will be there throughout. If something occurs and the bitcoin disappears then it is difficult to bring back the technology, the major cause is very very difficult to give hope of alternative coins which are currently in the market.
hermanhs09 (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:01:20 AM

good answer  Grin
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:06:44 AM

what happens if the next 10 years, bitcoin disappeared and worthless?

When the people of this planet wake up to the Ponzi scheme that's been perpetrated upon them by the central banks for decades, they won't want US Dollars, Euros, or Yen. The people will demand digital currencies like Bitcoin.

The chances that bitcoin and its offshoots (altcoins) disappears and becomes worthless is zero. As you learn more about decentralized currencies, you will come to understand why this is true. You are in the right place, at the right time. The people of the Bitcoin community are intelligent, ready, and able, to be the pioneers in the liberation of mankind.

agree, but the "when" could be 10 years, it could be 100 years.

diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:58:14 AM

I think it will not happen, many people are alive because bitcoin, perhaps almost 1 million people work full in bitcoin, impossible bitcoin will disappear.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:01:52 AM

If bitcoin disappears, this means another altcoin took its place. Maybe one of the altcoins nowadays shine enough to overtake bitcoin but we'll never know exactly what.

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:10:37 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin will disappear in the next 10 years, so this question is really kind of stupid.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:25:16 AM

If bitcoin disappears, this means another altcoin took its place. Maybe one of the altcoins nowadays shine enough to overtake bitcoin but we'll never know exactly what.

when e-gold dissapeared, Liberty Reserve took place, when LR disappeared, BTC arose.

If BTC will value zero, other e-currency will replace it. The Dark Market needs a payment system. Smiley
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:07:24 AM

what happens if the next 10 years, bitcoin disappeared and worthless?

i dont know,i am also sure that no one know what excatly happen in next 10 years,i just guess that bitcoin will more popular and much more people use and adopt bitcoin,because on past week i found some forex users start to asking about bitcoin,and i'm sure many people from other forum also do that.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:23:53 AM

I doubt that bitcoin will ever disappear, altcoins just come and go they can never replace bitcoin.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:02:35 PM

No alts can take place of BTC as it is parent coin, and as much as it gets older, it will itself shine more becoming Gold in real sense...
Bitcoins are the most known and adopted cryptos amongst all having the most capitalization, so saying that an alt would come and take its place would be sarcastic...

BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:07:50 PM

for me nothing too much would happen, i dont have vast amounts of bitcoins what means that i wouldnt lose a lot of money, also, besides that i think all people would go back to the regular money we have
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:46:02 PM

when e-gold dissapeared, Liberty Reserve took place, when LR disappeared, BTC arose.

If BTC will value zero, other e-currency will replace it. The Dark Market needs a payment system. Smiley

emh, egold was centralized and completely flawed, there is no comaprison with bitcoin

bitcoin disappearing is more equal to internet disappearing = not gonna happen, i'm talking about the technology behind bitcoin not bitcoin itself
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:58:33 PM

for me nothing too much would happen, i dont have vast amounts of bitcoins what means that i wouldnt lose a lot of money, also, besides that i think all people would go back to the regular money we have

Don't say that, because even if you possess BTC0.01, you possess a very big value of BTC that you will witness in future... Wink
Bitcoins won't disappear but will grow way above where they are currently, based on the adoption being done and people getting added more and more day-by-day...

Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:28:40 PM

May be it could this case for you, but not for everyone else, because from this Bitcoin's community there is a lot invested huge amounts into Bitcoin's projects (mining, trading and so on) so i don't think they can stop supporting and advertising this powerful crypto currency everywhere
hermanhs09 (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:28:50 AM

good answer  Grin
fuel

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:41:09 AM

It would be dodge coin time.