Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:55:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents need to bring back the belt!  (Read 6129 times)
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 06:50:30 AM

There's a thick line between abuse and spanking your kids. I got spanked with a belt, and I grew up fine. We need to discipline the children, the more society backs away from the rod the deeper we find it up our own asses. Tomorrow give that boy another smack on my behalf. Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 06:55:26 AM

I don't have children myself, but I think it's the action/reaction thing. Look at fire for example. Every child would play with a lighter if they could until they burn their finger. If their fingers were fireproof, they will play with the lighter again and again and eventually burn down the house. I mean, if there is no negative reaction when he hit someone, he might not understand its "wrong" thing to do. It's just fun, so why not do it again?

edit_________
Or it's the reaction itself (attention) that he likes. You said he's usually doing that when none is looking Smiley
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:03:34 AM

In my opinion, a better alternative punishment is social isolation.  When the little turd starts hitting, he no longer exists.  He'll get the idea pretty quickly,
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:09:46 AM

The problem is hitting. The solution is......... wait for it.......... more hitting!

tit for tat.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:25:38 AM

so, my son's uncle is 3.5 years old.
and every single time they play together, he hits my son on the head with a toy or something...
His parents give him time-outs or wtv. but it doesn't work, he literately will go hit my son again 1 min later
So he smacked my son today, and I smacked him.  Kiss
this caused a bit of a fuse.... ya sure its not my kid and i shouldn't be disciplining him.... wtv... i got mad he got smacked, big deal.
its been like a year we keep explaining to him that what he's doing is "not nice" I'm fed up.
if it was my kid always hitting a smaller kid, I'd smack him!

"Parents need to bring back the belt!"

your thoughts...  Cheesy

You want parenting/disciplining advice? Wrong forum lol...

I have kids of my own. I'm a firm believer of talking to them before they are disciplined so they understand what they did wrong and why it was important for them not to do what they did. Open communication (once they hit a certain age) is essential.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

stochastic

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:31:22 AM

and every single time they play together, he hits my son on the head with a toy or something...
His parents give him time-outs or wtv. but it doesn't work, he literately will go hit my son again 1 min later
this caused a bit of a fuse.... ya sure its not my kid and i shouldn't be disciplining him.... wtv... i got mad he got smacked, big deal.
its been like a year we keep explaining to him that what he's doing is "not nice" I'm fed up.

your thoughts...  Cheesy

I have kids of my own. I'm a firm believer of talking to them before they are disciplined so they understand what they did wrong and why it was important for them not to do what they did. Open communication (once they hit a certain age) is essential.

"Now, Billy, it is not nice to hit my son with your toy rocket shit.  It makes your him very sad.  You do that again and I will smack the shit out of you, OK?"

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 07:53:09 AM

Does hitting kids do anything but teach them its okay to hit people... as long as they are smaller than you and doing something you don't like?

it teaches them, that I'm the boss, and you do as i say, OR ELSE!  Tongue

when talking to them, giving them time-outs, yelling, and all that fails, then time to pull out the belt?

IDK, all i know is this kid is not listening and his bad behavior isn't simply going to go away.

It teaches them that they're the boss once they can beat the shit out of you.

It's not so hard to not associate with people who aren't enjoyable to be around. All you have to do is want your kid to get hit less than you want him to play with a kid who hits them. I'm not saying to never see them again after one more hitting, but end the day, then call them less, then call them almost never. People don't want to be alone and if they see that hitting the people they'd like to be with isn't getting them what they want they'll stop. Or they're crazy and you found out cheap.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:54:04 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy

"Now, Billy, it is not nice to hit my son with your toy rocket shit.  It makes your him very sad.  You do that again and I will smack the shit out of you, OK?"

Kids are smarter than most parents think. I don't talk to them like they are babies. I talk to them as if they are intelligent adults. They may not understand everything I'm saying but children learn quick if you don't stunt their growth by saying "goo goo ga ga" to them all the time.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:19:26 AM

If you can't even teach your child to not hurt other people then you shouldn't even have kids in the first place, fucking idiots, I'd like to see how you lot react to getting hit for 'misbehaving' people like you are why kids now are walking powder kegs waiting to explode, ever tried actually talking to them? Or do you just smack them whenever there's a problem and expect them to get on with their lives? If adults got treated the way children do every day we'd start a civil war over it and that's a fact.
stochastic

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:25:26 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy

Kids are smarter than most parents think. I don't talk to them like they are babies. I talk to them as if they are intelligent adults. They may not understand everything I'm saying but children learn quick if you don't stunt their growth by saying "goo goo ga ga" to them all the time.

How is that goo goo ga ga?  Instead of talking to them rationally, is it better to yell at them and give them the finger like most adults talk to each other when they are upset?

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:25:56 AM

Solved most problems for me Stochastic it only becomes a problem when they keep harassing you after they've been told Tongue
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:30:03 AM

If you can't even teach your child to not hurt other people then you shouldn't even have kids in the first place, fucking idiots, I'd like to see how you lot react to getting hit for 'misbehaving' people like you are why kids now are walking powder kegs waiting to explode, ever tried actually talking to them? Or do you just smack them whenever there's a problem and expect them to get on with their lives? If adults got treated the way children do every day we'd start a civil war over it and that's a fact.

LOL so how do you do that? Not have kids and know beforehand that you can't parent well?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hey dumb fuck, parenting isn't something you just learn in 10 min. You are constantly learning because kids grow and learn so they are never the same age.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:31:13 AM

I don't have kids but I've talked to children plenty of times before, they're far more intelligent than most adults I've spoken to and are better at conversation too, too bad school is trying everything it can to stamp it out.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:32:43 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy

How is that goo goo ga ga?  Instead of talking to them rationally, is it better to yell at them and give them the finger like most adults talk to each other when they are upset?

No I don't believe teaching them things you don't want them to repeat or do is going to be the solution.

GOO GOO GA GA was referring to parents who like to keep treating their kids like babies.

KIDS ARE A MIRROR IMAGE OF THE QUALITY OF PARENTING THAT THEIR PARENTS PRODUCE. If your kid is doing stupid shit all the time, well perhaps you should look at yourself and see if they are just copying you.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

gabbergabe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:32:54 AM

WOW  this sure did open a can of worms!

My mom had to raise me on my own, and thank god i was smart enough to know when she was just trying to correct my behavior rather then what could of seem at the time just another reason to jump my shit. I think it varys per child or parent. Honestly i believe there are other ways but for some reason i did learn faster when the belt came out..
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:33:48 AM

I don't have kids but I've talked to children plenty of times before, they're far more intelligent than most adults I've spoken to and are better at conversation too, too bad school is trying everything it can to stamp it out.

Talking to kids is one thing, being a parent that is responsible for that child is another. Worlds apart.

I agree the schools now days are fucking pointless and at times brainwashing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:35:02 AM

KIDS ARE A MIRROR IMAGE OF THE QUALITY OF PARENTING THAT THEIR PARENTS PRODUCE. If your kid is doing stupid shit all the time, well perhaps you should look at yourself and see if they are just copying you.

+1 respect to you Smoothie lol Tongue you get it Cheesy I see the way some of these people who are acting up on the forums and I'm not surprised at all they have trouble stopping their kids from wrecking stuff, they seem like the kind of people who would go ballistic in protests etc.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:36:17 AM

+1 respect to you Smoothie lol Tongue you get it Cheesy I see the way some of these people who are acting up on the forums and I'm not surprised at all they have trouble stopping their kids from wrecking stuff, they seem like the kind of people who would go ballistic in protests etc.

Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:49:13 AM

My son is 4, he is one of those kids that is like a bull in a china shop. He plows through because he is so big and sometimes forgets about his size compared to other kids his age.

But his punishments are almost always time out (stand in the corner with hands in the air) or talk to him about the consequences until he tears up about hurting other people or breaking stuff or whatever he did. Now if he decides to lie about hitting or doing something bad, that is when he gets spanked.

I make lying about the situation worse than any other punishment since I want to always be sure he is being punished properly so the punishment fits the crime kinda concept. So almost 99% of the time he comes to me and tells on himself now, and if he needs a spanking this kid barely feels it anyway hes so huge so its straight up a mental scare tactic at this point. Same with my older daughters, they simply get very freaked out and embarrassed now if I spank them since they do not really earn spankings anymore.

I think the villanizing of spanking over the years has caused a large portion of the kids disrespect for their elders in this upcoming generation. If I ever talked to my parents the way I see people and kids talk to their parents, only 5-10 years younger than me, my mother would punch me in the face. Here is a tip for everyone. Do not curse at your kids. When I see people in walmart or any store with kids and they tell them, " If you do that again I am going to beat the shit out of you. Sit your ass down!" Don't be surprised when your kids turn to you and say something like, "Damn it momma, I didn't do anything to deserve that shit, stop fucking hitting me!"

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 10:53:56 AM

If it were me I'd just take them to a prison cell for a day and show them what happens if they keep acting like they do as an adult lmao.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: