Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents need to bring back the belt!  (Read 6129 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 03:58:36 AM

so, my son's uncle is 3.5 years old.
and every single time they play together, he hits my son on the head with a toy or something...
His parents give him time-outs or wtv. but it doesn't work, he literately will go hit my son again 1 min later
So he smacked my son today, and I smacked him.  Kiss
this caused a bit of a fuse.... ya sure its not my kid and i shouldn't be disciplining him.... wtv... i got mad he got smacked, big deal.
its been like a year we keep explaining to him that what he's doing is "not nice" I'm fed up.
if it was my kid always hitting a smaller kid, I'd smack him!

"Parents need to bring back the belt!"

your thoughts...  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:04:16 AM

and every single time they play together, he hits my son on the head with a toy or something...
His parents give him time-outs or wtv. but it doesn't work, he literately will go hit my son again 1 min later
this caused a bit of a fuse.... ya sure its not my kid and i shouldn't be disciplining him.... wtv... i got mad he got smacked, big deal.
its been like a year we keep explaining to him that what he's doing is "not nice" I'm fed up.

your thoughts...  Cheesy

spare the rod  spoil the child
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:04:28 AM

Belt the parents not the poor unlucky shits that didn't ask to have shit parents. Although I also agree, some kids need a paddlin'.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:11:54 AM

The problem is hitting. The solution is......... wait for it.......... more hitting!

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:15:17 AM

The problem is hitting. The solution is......... wait for it.......... more hitting!
LOL!

its not a easy problem to solve...
nothing we do seems to make him understand / stop this bad behavior.
is a good smack on the bum really so bad?

Third Way

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:16:07 AM

Relevant comedian David Cross on coors light and hitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8-yANPX2I

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:18:17 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy

Don't put them together in the room at all. Simply do not invite them at all.

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:20:10 AM

Does hitting kids do anything but teach them its okay to hit people... as long as they are smaller than you and doing something you don't like?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:25:49 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy

Don't put them together in the room at all. Simply do not invite them at all.

Its my mother inlaw's son, kinda hard for them to never see each other...

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:33:40 AM

Well if he hits your son, it's kinda easy to make the choice. You can't really smack their kid, but you can refuse to see them unless they rein their kid in.

If your wife is fine with an another child smacking her kid, she's sick. She should have been the first one to make a hell out of it.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:35:54 AM

Does hitting kids do anything but teach them its okay to hit people... as long as they are smaller than you and doing something you don't like?

it teaches them, that I'm the boss, and you do as i say, OR ELSE!  Tongue

when talking to them, giving them time-outs, yelling, and all that fails, then time to pull out the belt?

IDK, all i know is this kid is not listening and his bad behavior isn't simply going to go away.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:40:31 AM

Well if he hits your son, it's kinda easy to make the choice. You can't really smack their kid, but you can refuse to see them unless they rein their kid in.

If your wife is fine with an another child smacking her kid, she's sick. She should have been the first one to make a hell out of it.

well at first its "oh boys will be boys", "hes just jealous" , and his mother does tell him off, put him in a time out, then make my say sorry.
but this form of discipline has yet to have any affect...

No one is fine with the situation, its starting to worry everyone,  and no one is quite sure how to handle it...

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:45:00 AM

I found this http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/worries/hitting.html
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:47:00 AM

Maybe try distracting him away from hitting your son? Get him to punch a junior punching bag/involve him in 1 on 1 sports like badminton etc with your son if he really wants to 'beat' your son.

Come on, he's 3 years old.  Do you remember what on earth you did on 3? Tongue

(PS: I think I burnt a ton of ants with a stray book of matches on 3-4. Thank god I didn't burn anything down. )
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:56:02 AM

Maybe try distracting him away from hitting your son? Get him to punch a junior punching bag/involve him in 1 on 1 sports like badminton etc with your son if he really wants to 'beat' your son.

Come on, he's 3 years old.  Do you remember what on earth you did on 3? Tongue

(PS: I think I burnt a ton of ants with a stray book of matches on 3-4. Thank god I didn't burn anything down. )

we do, but kids run around... they seem to be playing good, we turn our backs and SMACK.... ( sometimes often he'll smack him with everyone watching him. )
all his other cousins do not do this... ever!

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 04:58:17 AM

I guess the only solution is to always be watching, and be close to them when they play.

make damn sure this kid can't hit mine...

shitty....

Third Way

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 05:25:59 AM

Also, teach your kid to hit back?

Energizer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 05:44:39 AM

Try to spend more time with them together. Get them into a game where both will be involved, in a couple of days the hitting behavior would disappear. There is a reason behind such behavior, you have to find it and solve it. The belt wouldn't work! And if it does it would be temporary.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 06:18:00 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2012, 06:31:04 AM by TECSHARE

I assure you none of the people here harping on him for disciplining the child ACTUALLY HAVE CHILDREN. Its so easy to be politically correct from the sideline rather than watching your child grow up to be a cunt because no one ever drew a line for them because Dr. Spock says hitting isn't nice. Some kids just aren't nice to begin with. Believe it or not serial killers, wife beaters, rapists, and muggers were once children too. I would argue they received less discipline than more, and clinical trials tend to support that given children without fathers (traditional administer of discipline) are more likely to end up in prison. Its not like he is BEATING the child or even spanking him for his own enjoyment, he has tried being "nice" and it is not working. IMO not disciplining the child is a form of neglect he and many others will pay for in the future so that everyone involved doesn't have to make hard choices.

Additionally the atmosphere in schools today is very hostile, they are charging small children with crimes now as simple as hugging (sexual assault) and hitting (violent assault). Which is more traumatizing to the child, getting spanked when he hurts other people or being dragged off to the police station one day in handcuffs by a strange adult they don't know? (yes they handcuff children).
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 06:39:02 AM

your thoughts...  Cheesy
it dosnt have to be the belt, it has to be resposibility!

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: