Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:35:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My edit war with Luke-jr  (Read 5151 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 07:25:07 PM

So ... I started this page some time ago.

Luke-jr came at one point and introduced this change:

= Why Compete? =
Bitcoin will already have hurdles to grow adoption.
There is no reason to create more by introducing competing crypto-currencies.
The first thing to ask yourself is, why not improve Bitcoin instead of competing?
Even if your changes require a "hard fork", and/or don't get a positive response from the existing Bitcoin community, you can still try them out on a (possibly incompatible) test network (clearly noted as such so people don't try to exchange/use it as real currency; eg, "Bitcoin Infinite Division Test" instead of "TinyCoin").
To date, the only established legitimate reason to start an alt chain, is if you wish to use it for a new purpose - that is, not as a currency.

= Basic Changes =

There are a number of flaws with Bitcoin that cannot be corrected without a [[Hardfork Wishlist|"hard fork"]].
Any serious alt chain should at least attempt to address these concerns and issues.

I don't like his changes, and find them anti-competitive towards new alt currencies. I prefer to leave the choice up to the creators of the currencies & the market. I tried reverting his edit multiple times, but he is stubborn.

Thoughts?

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 08:04:21 PM

I don't find it so anti-competitive. Encouraging people to make fundamental changes and otherwise work on improving Bitcoin instead makes complete sense.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 08:18:38 PM

LTC is a choice. Luke-jr obviously doesn't want people to have a secondary choice. He is a large investor obviously so it is once again about MONEY.

Fucking asshole lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:13:33 PM

In common wiki spirit, that part should be posted at least under discussion, or possible not even be on the wiki since it is not a discussion about the article but the principal purpose of the subject.

If Luke-jr thinks this has no place on the bitcoin wiki he should vouch for the removal of the subject not argue about the principal behind it in the article.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:35:57 PM

LTC is a choice. Luke-jr obviously doesn't want people to have a secondary choice. He is a large investor obviously so it is once again about MONEY.

Fucking asshole lol
first time i have to say ur right!

Luke-Jr hates altcoins, hes a religion fanatic who trys to enforce stuff on others. unfortunately the core devs/team dont care about that, if it would be the community to decide Luke-Jr would have been banned already long ago.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 10:49:33 PM

Don't forget his ultimate hypocrisy. He hates alt-coins yet when I wrote the scrypt support for cgminer, he still pulled the scrypt code into his hostile fork of my code since he couldn't stand not having a feature that cgminer has.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:53:40 PM

when hes about to die he understands what a piece of shit he is and feel really sad, worth it altough!

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 10:53:56 PM

Fucking asshole lol

Luke-Jr hates altcoins, hes a religion fanatic who trys to enforce stuff on others. unfortunately the core devs/team dont care about that, if it would be the community to decide Luke-Jr would have been banned already long ago.
at the time of bip 17/22 the devs were talking about removing him due to his disruptive influence - all seems to have settled down and be buddy buddy now....
Luke is a well known wiki vandal - he has put his opinions and heavily edited the Bitcoin wikis Litecoin page - part of the reason the Litecoin wiki was created

I have also asked him why he put scrypt support in his mining software as he is so opposed to alt-chains - he refused to answer my question (as usual)

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:54:39 PM

Fucking asshole lol

at the time of bip 17/22 the devs were talking about removing him due to his disruptive influence - all seems to have settled down and be buddy buddy now....
Luke is a well known wiki vandal - he has put his opinions and heavily edited the Bitcoin wikis Litecoin page - part of the reason the Litecoin wiki was created

I have also asked him why he put scrypt support in his mining software as he is so opposed to alt-chains - he refused to answer my question (as usual)
ah, good to see! there is still hope.

[GPG Public Key]
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:16:40 PM

if i remember rightly luke-jr made his own alt coin a few months ago, i think it was BBQ coin or something. it didnt catch on which is why i think that he now hates alt coins like litecoin because they have succeeded where he failed.

if an altcoin had no benefits or competition, there would be no reason for him to get so emotional about it. i dont get emotional of the threat that monopoly money will become mainstream. because they have no value or demand beyond the game, so i dont care about it.

luke Jr's hatred of litecoin just proves one thing, it has value and is a competitor. He is afraid of its success

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:21:04 PM

if i remember rightly luke-jr made his own alt coin a few months ago, i think it was BBQ coin or something. it didnt catch on which is why i think that he now hates alt coins like litecoin because they have succeeded where he failed.

if an altcoin had no benefits or competition, there would be no reason for him to get so emotional about it. i dont get emotional of the threat that monopoly money will become mainstream. because they have no value or demand beyond the game, so i dont care about it.

luke Jr's hatred of litecoin just proves one thing, it has value and is a competitor. He is afraid of its success
no, BBQ was a kids joke, Luke-Jr attacked it with his pool Eligius.

[GPG Public Key]
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:02:37 AM

hey im on my way to luke house.....

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 03:06:47 AM

Where is the guy anyway? He should have had time by now to explain himself.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 03:35:55 AM

I can save you the trouble of waiting for him to answer. Whenever there's a valid objection to his actions or claims his response is "it's not true" and/or "you're just trolling", and whenever there's a valid question asked of him where he doesn't like the answer, he never responds since he never says he's wrong. If you say something that might involve him being shown to be a liar, he gets a mod to delete your post.

-ck
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:43:54 AM

That's a pretty harsh indictment ckolivas. Why do you not like luke-jr so much?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 07:59:20 AM

Luke-Jr has a wikipedia page.
It will explain to you why many people dislike him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 08:30:14 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2012, 09:07:18 AM by ckolivas

That's a pretty harsh indictment ckolivas. Why do you not like luke-jr so much?
There are hundreds of pages of forum entries outlining his behaviour, not just to me, but to the whole bitcoin community at large. Do you really need me to elaborate?

Here's a vague reminder that didn't even involve me:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62037.0

-ck
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 08:57:47 AM

wont happen, religion fanatics dont have balls Wink all u get "ur lieing"

[GPG Public Key]
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 01:29:31 PM

I don't like his changes, and find them anti-competitive towards new alt currencies. I prefer to leave the choice up to the creators of the currencies & the market. I tried reverting his edit multiple times, but he is stubborn.

Thoughts?

The text Luke-jr added is entirely reasonable. The Wiki should present all reasonable sides to the story, yet you appear to be trying to bias it to your viewpoint alone.

If you tried to revert his change multiple times, and he added the same edits multiple times then you are both misbehaving. A neutral third party should resolve the situation.
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 02:06:02 PM

Thoughts?

The text Luke-jr added is entirely reasonable. The Wiki should present all reasonable sides to the story, yet you appear to be trying to bias it to your viewpoint alone.

If you tried to revert his change multiple times, and he added the same edits multiple times then you are both misbehaving. A neutral third party should resolve the situation.

I asked him to discuss it, he just reverted my edit without any discussion.
The text is not reasonable, it is too strict in favor of bitcoin and against alts. None of the alts today qualify to this strict standard.
Luek-jr is trying to dictate one specific line of development of bitcoin forks.

Any suggestions of a neutral third party? Poll?

I really don't like wasting my time in wiki edit wars. My guess is even if a poll was published and rejected luke-jr's edit, he would not abide by the result of the poll.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: