Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What I need to buy from bitmain to get everything working?  (Read 1422 times)
radres (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:54:40 AM

So I'm planning to buy an S7. I understand that it doesn't come with a PSU so I'll buy that too.

What else? There is something called IO board. Should I also include it to get it working?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 07:59:09 AM

So I'm planning to buy an S7. I understand that it doesn't come with a PSU so I'll buy that too.

What else? There is something called IO board. Should I also include it to get it working?

this will help you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1194785

I haven't got an S7 myself, but as far as i understand, you only need the S7 + a PSU

Make sure you do a profitablity calculation, and read up on the noise, heat, maintenance,... before you start mining!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:20:15 AM

I haven't got an S7 myself, but as far as i understand, you only need the S7 + a PSU

Make sure you do a profitablity calculation, and read up on the noise, heat, maintenance,... before you start mining!

If you have 220/240 it's easier as it's nice to use a server PSU.   Bitmain suggests using their PSU they sell.  Keep in mind there are not many ATX psu's that do it all in one.

I would start with where your putting it (keep in mind it's loud).  Then would look at electricity and if you need cooling or exhust.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:17:14 AM

Don't forget Internet access wherever you place the miner. The mining hardware assumes you have an Ethernet connection to the Internet. Bandwidth is not a big concern for mining. Reliable, stable 24 hour Internet access is though. You'll need a computer with a web browser, to set it up once you get your S7.

Sorry if this was already obvious to you.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:30:36 AM

this is great advice!

we just looked at roi and should of done more research on Heat, energy costs, and noise.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:37:02 AM

You only need S7 from the Bitcmain. You can use your PC power supply if it is of good quality.
bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 05:57:01 PM

You only need S7 from the Bitcmain. You can use your PC power supply if it is of good quality.

Quality is one thing - can it supply enough power.

Very few folks have PC power supplies that can run a S7 just laying around.

Picking up the bitmain one is an option for sure.

You can get cheaper used PSUs/breakout boards that'll power your S7 also.

But if you want all in one - yes S7 and the PSU they offer.

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:45:08 PM

Assuming you have 220V (or at least 208V) available where you want to place the miner. I also hear that the Bitmain PSU is fairly loud, but have no actual experience. Of course the S7 may well drown out the noise of the Bitmain PSU.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:49:22 AM

Assuming you have 220V (or at least 208V) available where you want to place the miner. I also hear that the Bitmain PSU is fairly loud, but have no actual experience. Of course the S7 may well drown out the noise of the Bitmain PSU.

I have a few of the Bitmain PSU's they seem to work well, I have had multiple with no issues.  They are loud with small high rpm fan.  But S7 miner is also loud.  So I don't have issue.  Also I put them in my mining area so noise is not a issue for me.

Biggest thing is that he has that 208v as mentioned.   Some sadly buy the PSU without reading that and it is a instant issue once they get it if 110/120 user.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:02:23 AM

This is correct, you need a unit + PSU and a place to run the miner that keeps under 77 degrees and is not humid.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:56:51 AM

today psu hardly need 1200watt, they are most of the time sitting on 750-800w, so no i don't think he can run the s7 with that psu
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:24:32 PM

today psu hardly need 1200watt, they are most of the time sitting on 750-800w, so no i don't think he can run the s7 with that psu

It would be closer to 1300+ (depends on batch).  But if your batch 8/9 runs at 1300 that is considered good, some reported closer to 1400.   

It's gotten to the point were server PSU's have kinda taken over.  They are cheaper then ATX and some easier to get the 10 PCIe cables for example on S7.  But 220+ is normally needed on a lot of server PSU's to get the most out of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: