Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wondering out loud: Which should Chinese miners support - Core, Classic or another?  (Read 37952 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:47:58 PM

Then those Core developers have mistaken Bitcoin development for high school.

Just like Gavin calling Luke-Jr "poisonous" heh?

(you hero worship of the guy is rather demeaning of yourself - he acted quite clearly as a bully then and is trying to do so now)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:50:50 PM

Without "naming names" let me just say that the core developers do not want Gavin back (and will not work with him).

This is due to Gavin and nothing more (he is not the kind of person you seem to think he is - something that Hearn has found out the hard way and which Garzik is about to).

Oh, how I love those "I know something you don't. I'm not telling you what it is, but I'm telling you how you should feel about it. Trust me." posts.

I also like judging people from how they behaved in a dream.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:51:36 PM

Emotively charged language like 'fanboy' and 'poisonous' seems to be your stock in trade. But it isn't helpful.

You do realise that Gavin created a topic referring to Luke-Jr as "poisonous" or do you not?

It is very difficult for us to make a determination of bad actors without some better evidence. For every damaging statement you find of Gavin, I can find 10+ statements that show a deep understanding and care for maintaining bitcoin. Unless you have some solid evidence to the contrary , there is no point in character assassination as we can address the issues directly.

I.E... The Chinese miners are right, we need a much higher consensus threshold for a hard fork.

Additionally, you would be an excellent candidate for some mining pools to pay a salary as a developer being that you live in china, have a Chinese wife, are a proficient developer , and can help bridge the gap in understanding between the rest of core developers and Chinese miners.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:55:37 PM

Oh, how I love those "I know something you don't. I'm not telling you what it is, but I'm telling you how you should feel about it. Trust me." posts.

I did not ask anyone to trust me (and I don't expect that they should).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:56:01 PM

Then those Core developers have mistaken Bitcoin development for high school.

Just like Gavin calling Luke-Jr "poisonous" heh?

(you hero worship of the guy is rather demeaning of yourself - he acted quite clearly as a bully then and is trying to do so now)

Your personal attacks on my character remind me of the time you tried to extort the forum and blame it on your wife. Remember that?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:56:30 PM

Additionally, you would be an excellent candidate for some mining pools to pay a salary as a developer being that you live in china, have a Chinese wife, are a proficient developer , and can help bridge the gap in understanding between the rest of core developers and Chinese miners.

?

I think his posts here has proven the opposite.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:57:01 PM

I offered @eric to help with communication (and free of charge).

I don't live in Beijing now so unfortunately that might not be suitable for him.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:57:39 PM

Your personal attacks on my character remind me of the time you tried to extort the forum and blame it on your wife. Remember that?

You can try and troll me all you like - but it isn't going to work.

I am not the only forum member that is now actively posting to try and protect Bitcoin from the reckless approach that Gavin is using in order to try and wrest political control from the project.

Luckily I think that once Gavin has tried one or two times more he will find it hard to actually garner any further support and will disappear.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:01:10 PM

I think his posts here has proven the opposite.

None of us are perfect, and we can all get a bit heated at times. A good manager can understand and lead in such a way to allow developers to grow and contribute in the right environment. You don't have to provoke him either... what is the point?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:01:41 PM

I did not ask anyone to trust me (and I don't expect that they should).

Let me clarify:

If you can't talk about something -> Don't talk about it.

You're not being fair to those who gave you this information, you're not being fair to Gavin, and you're not being fair to anyone reading your unsubstantiated attacks against him.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:03:10 PM

You're not being fair to those who gave you this information, you're not being fair to Gavin, and you're not being fair to anyone reading your unsubstantiated attacks against him.

Okay - I will not say anything more about Gavin in terms of a personal attack then (if you think my previous posts should be deleted then please report them to a moderator who can decide).

Also Gavin still has an account on this forum so he can always defend himself if he wants to.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:07:06 PM

Okay - I will not say anything more about Gavin in terms of a personal attack then (if you think my previous posts should be deleted then please report them to a moderator who can decide).

Also Gavin still has an account on this forum so he can always defend himself if he wants to.

No he can't. No one can. That's the point I'm trying to make.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:07:23 PM

http://xtnodes.com/other_nodes_and_xt_nodes_alldata.php

An interesting note on a reversal of node count drop off in that data. There appears to be a slight reversal in the downward trend due to decentralization of implementations. It will be interesting to see if this number continues to increase or not. We really need more incentives to increase economic full nodes. Payment channels like lightning may be the larger incentive to do just that.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:08:55 PM

Again - if you think I've "overstepped the mark" then report my posts to the mods (I'll have no problem at all if they decide to delete them).

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:09:25 PM

http://xtnodes.com/other_nodes_and_xt_nodes_alldata.php

An interesting note on a reversal of node count drop off in that data. There appears to be a slight reversal in the downward trend due to decentralization of implementations. It will be interesting to see if this number continues to increase or not. We really need more incentives to increase economic full nodes. Payment channels like lightning may be the larger incentive to do just that.

How do you explain the fact that China has so few full nodes?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:10:32 PM

Again - if you think I've "overstepped the mark" then report my posts to the mods (I'll have no problem at all if they decide to delete them).

I think one of the implications here is that you should have better known better in the first place.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:12:03 PM

How do you explain the fact that China has so few full nodes?

The GCF (Great Chinese Firewall) makes it basically impossible to run a full-node without using a proxy and that is not something that most people in China even know how to do.

For mining they are basically using SPV in order to get blocks solved as fast as possible (it isn't great and has been shown to cause forks but the profit motive from mining is the main concern in China - not "being a good citizen").

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:13:33 PM

I think one of the implications here is that you should have better known better in the first place.

As a courtesy to you I have deleted the post in question.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:19:24 PM

I think it's pretty disingenuous at this point to suggest that any of these guys don't want what's best for Bitcoin. They just don't/can't/won't agree on what that is.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:23:27 PM

I think it's pretty disingenuous at this point to suggest that any of these guys don't want what's best for Bitcoin. They just don't/can't/won't agree on what that is.

The strategy of Gavin is to say "we need to change right now so give me control of the project with this simple but nasty hack" whereas the strategy of the core devs is we are building proper scalability solutions and have a plan.

I'd say that the plan is the better way forward (and I'm not even being paid for saying this - shame on me).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: