Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto is 100% a US/UK government agency collaboration  (Read 4041 times)
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:24:45 PM

You'd have a great point there if DNMs accepted gift cards and PayPal. I'll let you figure out why they don't, as a thought exercise.

I don't know what DNMs are, so I can't speculate.

What you're really asking is "why would a government create something it couldn't control." The answer to that is "It obviously wouldn't."
Which means that they can control it. Or have some sort of back door/kill switch/shit we know nothing about but they do.

If that was true, since Bitcoin is open source, then the "backdoor" would reasonably be in the encryption aspect.
And if that is true, only three or less people in the Intel community are even aware of that information and
in theory would only be used during the highest of national interest reasons, such as preemptive attack on enemy
networks or other, prior to a full blown war, such as a World War 3 event.

No intelligence agency in their right mind would risk letting other nations know they can break
a type of encryption on a continual basis, just to monitor worthless information.
Zeroday exploits are always saved for a grand purpose, not for "criminals and nuts".

If you could understand how Bitcoin is a honeypot, it wouldn't be much of a honeypot now, would it?

Yes, but by that example, going to the toilet is a honey pot too, because I don't know how it is one.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:43:51 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 09:27:48 PM by CuntChocula

You'd have a great point there if DNMs accepted gift cards and PayPal. I'll let you figure out why they don't, as a thought exercise.

I don't know what DNMs are, so I can't speculate.

Dark Net Markets (though like yourself, I have no idea of what those are either Roll Eyes)

What you're really asking is "why would a government create something it couldn't control." The answer to that is "It obviously wouldn't."
Which means that they can control it. Or have some sort of back door/kill switch/shit we know nothing about but they do.

If that was true, since Bitcoin is open source, then the "backdoor" would reasonably be in the encryption aspect.
And if that is true, only three or less people in the Intel community are even aware of that information and
in theory would only be used during the highest of national interest reasons, such as preemptive attack on enemy
networks or other, prior to a full blown war, such as a World War 3 event.

Lol, whatchabe talkin' about, Jasper? You ever fully audited the Bitcoin source? I don't mean glanced through to get the gist, or played around with a few functions, but really audited? No? Me neither. I'm sure plenty of other people had tho Roll Eyes

No intelligence agency in their right mind would risk letting other nations know they can break
a type of encryption on a continual basis, just to monitor worthless information.
Zeroday exploits are always saved for a grand purpose, not for "criminals and nuts".

Because our world is a conglomerate of distinct and separate nation-states, existing in dynamic opposition to each other, each ruled by its own Grand Lizard government, exactly as it appears to be Roll Eyes

If you could understand how Bitcoin is a honeypot, it wouldn't be much of a honeypot now, would it?

Yes, but by that example, going to the toilet is a honey pot too, because I don't know how it is one.

Your toilet is not a honeypot, trust me. Stop being so paranoid.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:10:21 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 10:21:15 PM by AgentofCoin

I don't think the DNMs existed prior to Bitcoin/bitcoin, but I could be incorrect.
So are you saying an argument is that a gov created Bitcoin/bitcoin so that they could facilitate the creation of DNMs?

Your toilet is not a honeypot, trust me. Stop being so paranoid.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:44:06 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 11:27:58 PM by CuntChocula

I don't think the DNMs existed prior to Bitcoin/bitcoin, but I could be incorrect.
So are you saying an argument is that a gov created Bitcoin/bitcoin so that they could facilitate the creation of DNMs?

I doubt the term "DNM" existed before Bitcoin, but there was plenty of criminality on the web. It was dispersed and a pain to track. There were also IRL drug dealers, running around all over IRL & making LEO get off their fat butts & get exercise.
Then we got TOR (US gubermint product), Bitcoin (at least SHA-2 is verifiably gubermint) & the unholy spawn of the two, DNMs. Suddenly tracking became much easier. Instead of IRL-roaming LEO minions, just a couple of pasty doughnut-munchers -- sit on their butts, log, and process.
Licking their fat chops, waiting for the go-ahead from Teh Man to spring THE TRAP!!!

http://s17.postimg.org/s25l6iqhr/neo1.jpg

BWAHAHAHA!!!!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 12:51:56 AM

So I was reading through Satoshi posts alongside the bitcoin whitepaper recently

Yeah yeah I know this is an old topic but hell... still an interesting discussion.

No new evidence but I did notice:

* Some UK spelling in the whitepaper (favourable) whilst Satoshi uses USA spelling on bitcointalk posts
* In some old bitcointalk posts he interchanges I with we in a very suspicious way that an individual would not do
* The technology behind bitcoin and the quality of the whitepaper & Satoshi's posts could defnitely not have been done by one person. Come on, I mean you've got Merkel Trees (a linux technology), Poisson distribution, networking, public/private encryption, TOR, a recipe in the whitepaper that implies the idea has been tried and tested in depth on a private network. The way the paper is written is EXTREMELY professional. I have read quite a few whitepapers and this is more professional than many I have read which have multiple authors (and this is supposedly just 1 individual). This is 100% not an individual writing this but a team of people.
* The thing just freakin works as soon as it is released with no problems. This is very suspect and unusual. Anyone who ever did programming knows that nothing works like that unless it has been EXTENSIVELY tested for months and months (if not years). That requires a lot of skill and resources, more than any individual has.
* The paper was released at the beginning of the year (suspicious.... implies it was professionally scheduled)

Lets also remember at this point that most of the protocols behind the internet were invented by the US government. It's a no brainer.

Basically this is a 100% US government project (I think US & UK, given the mix of spellings). It is 100% a team that worked on it and it was an idea that was worked on for years until it was released.

50 years in the future we will know when the files come out. Until then everything else in the media is a false flag. That's another reason why satoshi is so effective at keeping his silence and will never return. Because the project has now successfully concluded and been shut down. Also it is no coincidence the marshalls coins went to one of the most established and trusted American VCs.

The only thing this proves is that an intelligent team of creative people probably made bitcoin. (Cheesy) It's not a government project.

If it had been a government project, they wouldn't have let Blockstream/PWC pay off all the developers and take over command and control. It's not going to take 50 years for people to wake up to this fact. I think more like 5 days.

Why do you think core rejects sensible proposals to increase block size to 2MB? Conflicts of interest for their sugar daddy sponsor is the answer. Cry
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 09:33:21 AM

Basically this is a 100% US government project (I think US & UK, given the mix of spellings).

No way. Governments have zero reasons to fix the money and make such thing opensourced for the betterment of masses. Massive Fiat fraud is what makes them insanely wealthy, to heal the economy, it's not in the interes of elite.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:54:12 AM

100%? You look so sure about this thing. But does it mean that Satoshi Nakamoto is not a real person?

faucet used to be profitable
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:08:02 AM

I think satoshi is likely a group of people maybe gov/banking maybe not i dont know.  It is very interesting that OP pointed out the spelling differences this makes it likely mroe than 1 person.  Since the code is open source its cool imo.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:45:06 AM

* The technology behind bitcoin and the quality of the whitepaper & Satoshi's posts could defnitely not have been done by one person. Come on, I mean you've got Merkel Merkle Trees (a linux technology), Poisson distribution, networking, public/private encryption, TOR, a recipe in the whitepaper that implies the idea has been tried and tested in depth on a private network. The way the paper is written is EXTREMELY professional. I have read quite a few whitepapers and this is more professional than many I have read which have multiple authors (and this is supposedly just 1 individual). This is 100% not an individual writing this but a team of people.
It's simply one or more people with a background in Computer Science and/or Math.  The technology at present is developed by multiple people, see github commits.  Whoever made bitcoin certainly had a lot of time on his/her hands.  In my opinion it could have been one person.

The thing just freakin works as soon as it is released with no problems. This is very suspect and unusual. Anyone who ever did programming knows that nothing works like that unless it has been EXTENSIVELY tested for months and months (if not years). That requires a lot of skill and resources, more than any individual has.
There was a crash due to a programming bug in the beginning of bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:52:36 AM

So I was reading through Satoshi posts alongside the bitcoin whitepaper recently

Yeah yeah I know this is an old topic but hell... still an interesting discussion.

No new evidence but I did notice:

* Some UK spelling in the whitepaper (favourable) whilst Satoshi uses USA spelling on bitcointalk posts
* In some old bitcointalk posts he interchanges I with we in a very suspicious way that an individual would not do
* The technology behind bitcoin and the quality of the whitepaper & Satoshi's posts could defnitely not have been done by one person. Come on, I mean you've got Merkel Trees (a linux technology), Poisson distribution, networking, public/private encryption, TOR, a recipe in the whitepaper that implies the idea has been tried and tested in depth on a private network. The way the paper is written is EXTREMELY professional. I have read quite a few whitepapers and this is more professional than many I have read which have multiple authors (and this is supposedly just 1 individual). This is 100% not an individual writing this but a team of people.
* The thing just freakin works as soon as it is released with no problems. This is very suspect and unusual. Anyone who ever did programming knows that nothing works like that unless it has been EXTENSIVELY tested for months and months (if not years). That requires a lot of skill and resources, more than any individual has.
* The paper was released at the beginning of the year (suspicious.... implies it was professionally scheduled)

Lets also remember at this point that most of the protocols behind the internet were invented by the US government. It's a no brainer.

Basically this is a 100% US government project (I think US & UK, given the mix of spellings). It is 100% a team that worked on it and it was an idea that was worked on for years until it was released.

50 years in the future we will know when the files come out. Until then everything else in the media is a false flag. That's another reason why satoshi is so effective at keeping his silence and will never return. Because the project has now successfully concluded and been shut down. Also it is no coincidence the marshalls coins went to one of the most established and trusted American VCs.

I don't see why this should be a government project.
Professionality and Releases at the beinning of a year doesnt mean its made by Government.

owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:59:59 PM

Basically this is a 100% US government project (I think US & UK, given the mix of spellings).

No way. Governments have zero reasons to fix the money and make such thing opensourced for the betterment of masses. Massive Fiat fraud is what makes them insanely wealthy, to heal the economy, it's not in the interes of elite.

Tor was developed by United States Naval Research Laboratory, and it benefits greatly many ppl.

SHA-256 used by bitcion was developed by NSA, and it benefits Bitcoin.

So, having Bitcoin being government project, or a leaked project by some nsa employee hiding under pseduonym of Satoshi, could be possible:

http://thehackernews.com/2013/09/NSA-backdoor-bitcoin-encryption-sha256-snowden.html

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nsa-bitcoin-1996/

https://realcurrencies.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/is-the-national-security-agency-behind-bitcoin/

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 03:33:01 PM

Let's for one minute say that what you're saying is correct, that Satoshi was not a person but a group of people and it is a government project, what did they expect to achieve with it?

Think about the sort of people Bitcoin attracts: Anti-government anarchists, tax cheat, drug users, the pathologically foolish, internet criminals... Like Pooh Bear to a Honeypot...
Ehh?  Yeah, now you're getting it...
Cheesy

You mean they created this currency, so that criminals would use it because of it anonymity and other advantages and when they do, they'll get caught? So, why haven't they done it already, people are scamming left and right, some hackers were also extorting people with that virus (if you remember) that encrypted all the files, even the celebrity fappening was sold for bitcoins and I am sure there have been other crimes where criminals used bitcoins but I don't remember seeing anyone getting arrested. Sure some exchange guys did but they're not the hardcore criminals government is after.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 04:02:54 PM

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:22:04 PM

Let's for one minute say that what you're saying is correct, that Satoshi was not a person but a group of people and it is a government project, what did they expect to achieve with it?

Think about the sort of people Bitcoin attracts: Anti-government anarchists, tax cheat, drug users, the pathologically foolish, internet criminals... Like Pooh Bear to a Honeypot...
Cheesy

You mean they created this currency, so that criminals would use it because of it anonymity and other advantages and when they do, they'll get caught?
I repeat, this "anonymity" is a fiction, here's reality:
...Then we got TOR (US gubermint product), Bitcoin (at least SHA-2 is verifiably gubermint) & the unholy spawn of the two, DNMs. Suddenly tracking became much easier. Instead of IRL-roaming LEO minions, just a couple of pasty doughnut-munchers -- sit on their butts, log, and process.
Licking their fat chops, waiting for the go-ahead from Teh Man to spring THE TRAP!!!...

So, why haven't they done it already, people are scamming left and right,
Wait, you don't think feds set up a honeypot to protect criminals from each other, do you? 'Coz that would be pretty rich Cheesy
some hackers were also extorting people with that virus (if you remember) that encrypted all the files, even the celebrity fappening was sold for bitcoins and I am sure there have been other crimes where criminals used bitcoins but I don't remember seeing anyone getting arrested. Sure some exchange guys did but they're not the hardcore criminals government is after.

Like all sting/entrapment operations, this one takes time, and many khrimez go unpunished. Good things take time, OTOH a bunch of pedos/DNMs operators/low-level idiots got popped without compromising the honeypot & provided a bit of cheese to keep this scheme fed.
The best is yet to come!
... just a couple of pasty doughnut-munchers -- sit on their butts, log, and process.
Licking their fat chops, waiting for the go-ahead from Teh Man to spring THE TRAP!!!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!
DaveJones

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:36:15 PM

x-post

Unlikely that an American would accidentally use UK spellings, but it is very likely that someone from the UK would just give up having to always correct forced American spellings.

Also - remember that reference to the 'Times' headline? It was a British newspaper.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:38:18 PM

In part I agree with your view. Bitcoin was introduced to the world as a completely anonymous currency when in fact today we know that it isn't. in fact, it is quite the contrary bitcoin can be easily trackable, and cash isn't. so, this way bitcoin becomes a tool for governments control how people use their money...
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:39:53 PM

Bitcoin is the first global currency. the whole idea goes bu the notion of a New World Order. Could it be an original illuminati caballa?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:08:17 PM

If it really was government created, why would those governments be so anal about legislation and trying to regulate it?

Also, giving the handle to random contributors to continue working on the code is also weird.

Any non native English speaker not from us/uk is bound to interchange the grammar, at least I know I do.

Your story just doesn't add up.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 01:35:56 PM

Cheesy

You mean they created this currency, so that criminals would use it because of it anonymity and other advantages and when they do, they'll get caught?
...Then we got TOR (US gubermint product), Bitcoin (at least SHA-2 is verifiably gubermint) & the unholy spawn of the two, DNMs. Suddenly tracking became much easier. Instead of IRL-roaming LEO minions, just a couple of pasty doughnut-munchers -- sit on their butts, log, and process.
Licking their fat chops, waiting for the go-ahead from Teh Man to spring THE TRAP!!!...

Wait, you don't think feds set up a honeypot to protect criminals from each other, do you? 'Coz that would be pretty rich Cheesy
some hackers were also extorting people with that virus (if you remember) that encrypted all the files, even the celebrity fappening was sold for bitcoins and I am sure there have been other crimes where criminals used bitcoins but I don't remember seeing anyone getting arrested. Sure some exchange guys did but they're not the hardcore criminals government is after.

Like all sting/entrapment operations, this one takes time, and many khrimez go unpunished. Good things take time, OTOH a bunch of pedos/DNMs operators/low-level idiots got popped without compromising the honeypot & provided a bit of cheese to keep this scheme fed.
The best is yet to come!
... just a couple of pasty doughnut-munchers -- sit on their butts, log, and process.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Well my point about it being anonymous was, "if" as you say, it is a government project then they needed to convince the criminals that it is anonymous and if you think that it is not anonymous and it's all a fiction, then criminals must have figured that out too by now, so technically they (the government) failed in their project to catch big criminals with this.

But you seem pretty convinced about this idea so I won't try and change your mind but let's wait and watch if it is what you say it is. Although I really doubt it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
CuntChocula

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:56:56 PM

Cheesy

The best is yet to come!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Well my point about it being anonymous was, "if" as you say, it is a government project then they needed to convince the criminals that it is anonymous and if you think that it is not anonymous and it's all a fiction, then criminals must have figured that out too by now <>

Lol @ Bitcoin criminals being smart enough to "have figured that out too." You simply don't understand the Bitcoin criminal mind. We're dealing with people who keep frickin' diaries of their murder plots on the same laptops that they use to hire teh totally srs and legit anon hitmen Cheesy

http://s22.postimg.org/c9w592e75/ross1.jpg

As I said, Bitcoin criminals are the low-hanging fruit, their Achilles' heel is delusions of grandeur. And being stupid, ofc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: