Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073044 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:46:39 PM

- Dapps are some sort of apps.  People know apps but don't know why there shoud be a network surrounding them and why this network needs things like wallets and coins.

- The coins are the fuel of the network?  Why?

- Give me an example of a dapp that needs a network (blockchain) with expensive coins in order to make things work.

Your average Joe.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOAvXidA5tIJU4ods3_W_SWszCsry4xiW29ChOTQly0/edit?usp=sharing

The first person to create a Lisk sports betting dapp becomes a billionaire.

Average Joe again:

Bets = shady = like bitcoin and funding terrorism and Ponzi-scheme stuff...

Next please Smiley

cmon not terrorism Silkroad!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:50:20 PM

- Dapps are some sort of apps.  People know apps but don't know why there shoud be a network surrounding them and why this network needs things like wallets and coins.

- Give me an example of a dapp that needs a network (blockchain) with expensive coins in order to make things work.

Your average Joe.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOAvXidA5tIJU4ods3_W_SWszCsry4xiW29ChOTQly0/edit?usp=sharing

Average Joe again:

Next please Smiley

well I think the biggest issue is still that nobody knows the real price so we can't really do stuff that requires price calculations without totally just guessing.

It might very well turn out that this coin is NOT an expensive coin.

What about some sort of voting app where the dapp has control over issuance of registration tokens that are paid for in lisk.  This question is hard because you can basically say this for any coin.

The benefits are that the processing of transactions are lightning fast and it does not waste energy because of the streamlined block reward system.

Basically almost everything ethereum can do, Lisk can also do well.

the possibilities are endless and since it's new, it's your opportunity to build something you would want to use.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:59:24 PM

Your average Joe.

Average Joe again:

Next please Smiley

https://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=8
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:04:04 PM

Great, thank you! If I'm a delegate, the rewards can go really high. My main goal is to give back to the Lisk community.

The rewards will not go really high.  The rewards will be fixed at 150K Lisk in year one for your delegate no matter how many votes you get.  The more and more people who vote for you, the smaller and smaller their share of that 150K is going to be.  The more successful you are at getting supporters, the more unhappy your supporters will be.

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

150k max? didn't you say only two or three weeks ago that the reward could be up to seven figures annually?

lol yeah, at $10 a coin in the future  Grin Grin  

each delegate will theoretically earn 150k lisk in a year.  What the value will be can be anyones guess.

Everyone in the 101 earns the same amount of lisk per year as long as the node is up 100% of the time.

If you are doing a Profit sharing Delegate where those who vote for you get a share of the lisk, that would mean that they are getting less and less as more and more start to vote for that delegate.

At $10 a coin, each delegate will actually earn $1.5 million / year (150K x $10)

I don't mind this one bit, because less people will be selling.

nice. so delegates have to buy votes.

please send me your offers.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:10:42 PM

Your average Joe.

I would be happy with just m instead of b  Grin
OpusXTF

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:31:39 PM

i think lisk above 50 cents and under 1 usd.

But you didnt give us the exact timeframe for that price  Grin  I say no under a dollar.EVER. First year between 1 and 10 USD and then only above 10 USD!

Maybe after launch above 50 cents and under 1 usd.

I see now 3 exchange - Lisk Token

Just now

Yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC 550k
Bloombit https://bloombit.net/  +- 250K
Chameleon http://chameleonbit.trade/beta/altcoin/lisk/ 90K

Just my 2 cents
Nefritox

Activity: 358
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:34:00 PM

If i setup delegate, and somebody vote for me. Its possible to find who vote for me or its anonymous process ?

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:59:47 PM

Great, thank you! If I'm a delegate, the rewards can go really high. My main goal is to give back to the Lisk community.

The rewards will not go really high.  The rewards will be fixed at 150K Lisk in year one for your delegate no matter how many votes you get.  The more and more people who vote for you, the smaller and smaller their share of that 150K is going to be.  The more successful you are at getting supporters, the more unhappy your supporters will be.

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

150k max? didn't you say only two or three weeks ago that the reward could be up to seven figures annually?

each delegate will theoretically earn 150k lisk in a year.  What the value will be can be anyones guess.

Everyone in the 101 earns the same amount of lisk per year as long as the node is up 100% of the time.

If you are doing a Profit sharing Delegate where those who vote for you get a share of the lisk, that would mean that they are getting less and less as more and more start to vote for that delegate.

At $10 a coin, each delegate will actually earn $1.5 million / year (150K x $10)

Is it possible? They can buy votes?
cannabanana

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:01:38 PM

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

that's what profit sharing delegates are doing.  They are buying your vote so they can be a delegate and you get lisk for your vote.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:04:14 PM

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

sure. you can buy or sell everything. and if a delegate really can earn that much, then there will be a market for votes.
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:08:03 PM

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

sure. you can buy or sell everything. and if a delegate really can earn that much, then there will be a market for votes.

Suddenly more people are realizing the amount money to be made in holding Lisk for long term

Encouraging holding Lisk is great for Lisk price. $20 to $30 Lisk is not so far fetched.

usorin

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:08:24 PM

Yo, that's Lisk, baby.

that's what profit sharing delegates are doing.  They are buying your vote so they can be a delegate and you get lisk for your vote.
Where ? when?  How do I vote?
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:09:05 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 09:24:19 PM by MalReynolds

If i setup delegate, and somebody vote for me. Its possible to find who vote for me or its anonymous process ?

The voting is a normal Lisk transaction.  If the account that sends you a vote has been named by its owner, then you know who voted for you.  If they never named their account, it's an anonymous vote.  There are programs people have written to show a table of who voted for who.

How do I vote?

Go to the Lisk client, open your account, click on "forging" on the left hand side, then click the "delegates" tab at the top.  Look up the delegate you want to vote for and click in the box beside his name.  Then click on "vote" in the upper right corner.
usorin

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:24:20 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 09:36:11 PM by usorin

The voting is a normal Lisk transaction.  If the account that sends you a vote has been named by its owner, then you know who voted for you.  If they never named their account, it's an anonymous vote.  There are programs people have written to show a table of who voted for who.

How do I vote?

Go to the Lisk client, open your account, click on "forging" on the left hand side, then click the "delegates" tab at the top.  Look up the delegate you want to vote for and click in the box beside his name.  Then click on "vote" in the upper right corner.
Thanks for info!
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:25:54 PM

How do I vote?

Go to the Lisk client, open your account, click on "blockchain" on the left hand side, then click the "delegates" tab at the top.  Look up the delegate you want to vote for and click in the box beside his name.  Then click on "vote" in the upper right corner.
Thanks for info!

Note that I changed "blockchain" to "forging" in my post, I made a mistake.  Please correct it in your quote as well, thanks!
cannabanana

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:26:54 PM

How do I vote?

Go to the Lisk client, open your account, click on "blockchain" on the left hand side, then click the "delegates" tab at the top.  Look up the delegate you want to vote for and click in the box beside his name.  Then click on "vote" in the upper right corner.
Thanks for info!
https://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=6

you can look for profit sharing delegates here.  There are a few available now.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:39:27 PM

Hello for all the Fudders and ICOers out there. I am delegate Bitcoinuserx. I understand the desire for profit sharing. However, I am not going to share my profit. LIKE NOO. But here is what I am going to do. I am a man of greater insight. I believe that the value of each Lisk will exponentially increase as more developers hop on to this project. Since I am Korean, I am going to spend my earnings to upgrade my server and translate all the necessary documents into Korean so that Korean developers join Lisk Revolution. This is so much more valuable in long term rather than just sharing profits. If you are holding Lisk long term and want your Lisk to reach over 10 dollars, I hope you vote for me. By voting me, you are supporting my work of bringing so many Javascript Developers in Korea who does not have a job. At launch, I will announce my forging account so that people can easily vote for me with few click of a button  Cheesy

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:01:57 PM

Is there a list of delegates that will be profit sharing? to get votes

Yes : it's important.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:02:24 PM

Your average Joe.

Average Joe again:

Next please Smiley

well I think the biggest issue is still that nobody knows the real price so we can't really do stuff that requires price calculations without totally just guessing.

It might very well turn out that this coin is NOT an expensive coin.

What about some sort of voting app where the dapp has control over issuance of registration tokens that are paid for in lisk.  This question is hard because you can basically say this for any coin.

The benefits are that the processing of transactions are lightning fast and it does not waste energy because of the streamlined block reward system.

Basically almost everything ethereum can do, Lisk can also do well.

the possibilities are endless and since it's new, it's your opportunity to build something you would want to use.

You mention Ethereum, that doesn't ring a bell to average Joe.

You have to have good arguments to counter opinions as:

- If I want something online, I pay with paypal/mastercard.  I ay and get it instantly.  Blockchain speed does not interest me, average Joe.  
- Services for which you have to go to a site you never heard of (like poloniex), trust them with your money in order to get some coin while the graphs of almost any coin suggest a volatility like Nasdaq on steroïds won't get many people motivated.  If they want to bet/buy/game, they'll use mastercard/visa/paypal.  Bitcoin has been around way longer and if I talk to people around me (educated ones), the most they know is that it was internetmoney that boomed, then crashed with some shady stuff in between.
- Speed is a good argument indeed but then again: if I want something, I just pay for it with the known alternatives (see previous point).

- local markets (as a dapp) could be interesting for fast money transfer between people IF they don't have to go to a place like poloniex.

I think adoption could be found in games, donating small amounts of money for sharity, donating a 'thanks with some juice' to (for example) an artist/journalist/...or in avoiding taxes (but then you're messing with powers you don't want to meet who will do anything to destroy you and your blockchain).
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:06:58 PM

I think that many many people forget tahn voting is not free : 1 Lisk.
Many people will not vote at the begining...
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: