Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073038 times)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:31:55 PM

I doubt that the price will get dumped after the Ark ICO because Ark has no intention of selling their Lisk anytime soon as far as I know... And if they manage to hit their Lisk cap that would mean that with ICN and the Lisk team there would be about 35% of LSK of the market which means that there would be a lot less sell pressure on the price...

probably the reason why lisk went up today  Cheesy

Must be, but after this ico, the price will be dumped again. But people get more attentions on lisk now.

Yes, Ark is committed to Lisk for the very long haul. The Lisk will be held as a long term investment, with no plans to sell in the foreseeable future.

because ark is just a copy of lisk code? and you need lisk to develop things that ark can have new things?
mattimann

Activity: 245
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:24:04 PM

WOW... that Drop came fast!
Clonekiller

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:24:42 PM

Shit
mattimann

Activity: 245
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:26:07 PM

Guess we should get used to it. LISK will go nowere.
Stay tuned for 23k
loveofmylife

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:56:31 PM

No, 120% bonus is no help, 27k again, lol. People you need to be patient, we can buy lisk @20k, so 120% bonus will be more profitable.  Grin
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:25:43 PM

Guess we should get used to it. LISK will go nowere.
Stay tuned for 23k

Relax relax, preparations running well

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:09:49 PM

I doubt that the price will get dumped after the Ark ICO because Ark has no intention of selling their Lisk anytime soon as far as I know... And if they manage to hit their Lisk cap that would mean that with ICN and the Lisk team there would be about 35% of LSK of the market which means that there would be a lot less sell pressure on the price...

Must be, but after this ico, the price will be dumped again. But people get more attentions on lisk now.

Yes, Ark is committed to Lisk for the very long haul. The Lisk will be held as a long term investment, with no plans to sell in the foreseeable future.

because ark is just a copy of lisk code? and you need lisk to develop things that ark can have new things?

Lisk is an EXACT Copy of Crypti....EXACT.  We have Crypti Founders on our team.   Who is copying who exactly?
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:17:18 PM

Lisk is an EXACT Copy of Crypti....EXACT.  We have Crypti Founders on our team.   Who is copying who exactly?

good in either way  Wink

tharude

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:35:42 PM

Do your homework boy, or you'll fail on the troll exams again  (F)ail
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:39:17 PM

gratz on the delist from bitmex
realm

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:51:45 PM

Since this is the lisk thread I have to notice that lisk started as a copy of crypti. At ths moment, as I recall Oliver saying , lisk code base has nothing to do with crypti anymore.
cannabanana

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:53:05 PM

Lisk is an EXACT Copy of Crypti....EXACT.  We have Crypti Founders on our team.   Who is copying who exactly?
Since this is the lisk thread I have to notice that lisk started as a copy of crypti. At ths moment, as I recall Oliver saying , lisk code base has nothing to do with crypti anymore.

yeah, he's been spending the past 7 months changing it.  Are you even noticing testnet?  Are the changes making Lisk better than Crypti right now?

I still spend almost every single day checking in on the lisk rocket chat.
tharude

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:04:38 AM

gratz on the delist from bitmex

FUD fest started early this year huh? https://i.imgur.com/4L2H7eE.png
realm

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

Lisk is an EXACT Copy of Crypti....EXACT.  We have Crypti Founders on our team.   Who is copying who exactly?

yeah, he's been spending the past 7 months changing it.  Are you even noticing testnet?  Are the changes making Lisk better than Crypti right now?

I've been in testnet too. Things were going great during the last months. It's just a bug that caused the current testnet situation. In whole lisk development has gone many steps forward. I believe they try to produce some new things and not stay where crypti was. And when you do that you have to expect bugs and drawbacks. But it's the only way to be really innovative.Imo, at this moment the only problem with lisk is the delay with the legal formation.
cannabanana

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:23:23 AM

I've been in testnet too. Things were going great during the last months. It's just a bug that caused the current testnet situation. In whole lisk development has gone many steps forward. I believe they try to produce some new things and not stay where crypti was. And when you do that you have to expect bugs and drawbacks. But it's the only way to be really innovative.Imo, at this moment the only problem with lisk is the delay with the legal formation.

Some of that I do agree with but your last statement that the legal issues are the only thing is false.  I understand about bugs, of course they happen but there's more to it than code.  The way you treat your community is the way you think about your community imo.  That last thank you to a select group of people was the straw that broke the camels back as basically Max statement to the community is that only 5% of the community working on Lisk in the background is important enough to get paid a bounty and deserve a thank you even though 101 people have been spending about $20,000.00 a month for the past 7 months and countless hours keeping the lisk network alive.

a lot of people I know just walked away from lisk at that moment.
realm

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:52:06 AM

Some of that I do agree with but your last statement that the legal issues are the only thing is false.  I understand about bugs, of course they happen but there's more to it than code.  The way you treat your community is the way you think about your community imo.  That last thank you to a select group of people was the straw that broke the camels back as basically Max statement to the community is that only 5% of the community working on Lisk in the background is important enough to get paid a bounty and deserve a thank you even though 101 people have been spending about $20,000.00 a month for the past 7 months and countless hours keeping the lisk network alive.

Well whoever participated in the lisk network did it as a volunteer , especially if we are talking about testnet. The $20000 per month is definitely an overstatement, you can maintain a node with $10/month and this should be enough.Also I don't see why someone with a testnet node should be paid, I had one myself and I had nothing to do other than keep it up and running. In the meantime there were members who had their nodes up while helping the development (the current alpha testers), these people in my opinion deserve a bounty. In addition I recall many members asking for forging to be enabled and a few days later we all saw what happened with the testnet. The same people who asked for the rensposibility to forge in the mainnet couldnt figure out the situation in the testnet. What do you think would have happened if they were managing the nodes in the mainnet?
cannabanana

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:00:52 AM

Well whoever participated in the lisk network did it as a volunteer , especially if we are talking about testnet. The $20000 per month is definitely an overstatement, you can maintain a node with $10/month and this should be enough.Also I don't see why someone with a testnet node should be paid, I had one myself and I had nothing to do other than keep it up and running. In the meantime there were members who had their nodes up while helping the development (the current alpha testers), these people in my opinion deserve a bounty. In addition I recall many members asking for forging to be enabled and a few days later we all saw what happened with the testnet. The same people who asked for the rensposibility to forge in the mainnet couldnt figure out the situation in the testnet. What do you think would have happened if they were managing the nodes in the mainnet?

Brother, you obviously were not at lisk since day one like me.  We were promised running on raspberry pi but like 1 month into it was told we needed more powerful machines.  I was running a $10 node, had to upgrade to a $200 node. Then some being told they are greedy for not upgrading.  Get some real knowledge before hating on a subject you have no idea on.  This is ALL ON MAINNET.  not even talking about the servers for testnet.

I've personally never asked for a bounty, didn't even sign up to the signature bounty while it was going on. I just want the promised forging that we were supposed to be doing for like 7 months now.
realm

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:09:38 AM

I've been running a $10 node since July. I don't know what happened prior to that but I see the facts that I just pointed out. 1) Lisk is not ready yet 2) at this point you can run a $10 dollar node 3) the community can't handle the bugs that may occur.
cannabanana

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:23:19 AM

I've been running a $10 node since July. I don't know what happened prior to that but I see the facts that I just pointed out. 1) Lisk is not ready yet 2) at this point you can run a $10 dollar node 3) the community can't handle the bugs that may occur.

1. true
2. sure right now on mainnet because genesis nodes are running all the forging spots and are stable because they are not switching ranks.  What happens when we're allowed to start forging and the order of forging nodes starts to change and forks start happening again on mainnet and your $10 node is the first one to fork?
3. why does the community have to handle it?  We paid Max 6 million dollars to make it work.
realm

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:35:01 AM

1. true
2. sure right now on mainnet because genesis nodes are running all the forging spots and are stable because they are not switching ranks.  What happens when we're allowed to start forging and the order of forging nodes starts to change and forks start happening again on mainnet and your $10 node is the first one to fork?
3. why does the community have to handle it?  We paid Max 6 million dollars to make it work.
2. Then you get paid, and that's a lot of money. You have to upgrade to a $200 node or you get downvoted. In any case you still have a nice income.
3. As a delegate you are the one who has to handle and protect your node. Max only has to deliver a stable product (something that lisk isn't right now) and nothing more. You have to monitor your node, keep it up and updated and protect it from attacks. My point was that some members wanted to forge in an unstable mainnet without being able to deal with the requirements (keeping your node up and running)
Pages: « 1 ... 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: