Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073044 times)
cointrader83

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:19:28 AM

BTC is going to rally so all altcoins going down now. In the weekend all will go up as I think.
bctacc32

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

-

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:02:33 PM

Does anyone know what's wrong with the blockchain?
Transactions appear/disappear randomly, balances are shown wrongly, withdrawal from Polo doesn't work (txid not found), Bittrex wallet under maintenance..

Huh
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Transactions appear/disappear randomly, balances are shown wrongly, withdrawal from Polo doesn't work (txid not found), Bittrex wallet under maintenance..

Huh

The explorer nodes forked. We will restart them as soon as possible.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
bctacc32

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

-

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:03:52 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2016, 02:48:05 PM by bctacc32

Huh

Ah, okay.
I'm interested, under what circumstances can this happen?
I guess, for example, when a few nodes don't receive transactions for a while (go offline etc.) and after they're online again, consensus is impaired?
(But wouldn't they just resync then?)
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 03:22:12 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.
I guess, for example, when a few nodes don't receive transactions for a while (go offline etc.) and after they're online again, consensus is impaired?

One reason for example was (which is now fixed in the next release update) a logic problem in block processing. This resulted in a CPU spike when processing a block while there are many transactions on the network at the same time. During that time where the CPU spiked to 100% the node couldn't do anything else, so he fall behind / starved. I.e. chances are high he lands on a fork.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.

One reason for example was (which is now fixed in the next release update) a logic problem in block processing. This resulted in a CPU spike when processing a block while there are many transactions on the network at the same time. During that time where the CPU spiked to 100% the node couldn't do anything else, so he fall behind / starved. I.e. chances are high he lands on a fork.

Is this something that you can resolve, or such issues are correctly identified by RISE team as a major flaw? See quote from RISE thread below

As you all probably have assumed, we have encountered numerous issues with the delegate system, and the security of the rise-core code base. A couple of highlights:

• Slow system speed - 10> Transactions per second - Above this causes forks
  • DDoS Vulnerabilities in multiple core system packages that require significant updates to resolve
  • Spotty delegate communication
  • High resource usage for nodes
The above issues are difficult to resolve in the current code base (As evidenced by the original developers lack of resolution up until this point).

In order to find a solution for this, we are going back to the drawing board, and designing an entirely new architecture for the system, not based on anything that is currently in existence. We will be writing a new codebase from scratch.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 04:46:35 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.

Is this something that you can resolve, or such issues are correctly identified by RISE team as a major flaw? See quote from RISE thread below

As you all probably have assumed, we have encountered numerous issues with the delegate system, and the security of the rise-core code base. A couple of highlights:

• DDoS Vulnerabilities in multiple core system packages that require significant updates to resolve
The above issues are difficult to resolve in the current code base (As evidenced by the original developers lack of resolution up until this point).

In order to find a solution for this, we are going back to the drawing board, and designing an entirely new architecture for the system, not based on anything that is currently in existence. We will be writing a new codebase from scratch.

I already answered your question. The latest test results look very promising. Come to our chat to find out more regarding testing.

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 04:47:53 PM

Community Delegate Contest — Prepare yourself!

On block 1,451,520 the forging rewards will be activated with the subsequent activation of community forging. The imminent completion of our first milestone “Mainchain stabilisation” is a big step forward for Lisk and we are celebrating it with a delegate campaign and a proposal contest.

For those new to Lisk, delegates represent the backbone of the decentralised Lisk network. Anyone can become a delegate, but only 101 delegates get the opportunity to generate blocks and earn forging rewards. These 101 delegates are elected by every LSK holder by voting, their voting power equals their LSK balance. The more LSK they own, the more voting power they have. The cumulative voting power of all accounts in the network decides who is in the top 101 and who isn’t.

Continue reading..

Also check out our new sub page on Lisk.io regarding community delegates.

tomkat

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:02:10 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.

I already answered your question. The latest test results look very promising. Come to our chat to find out more regarding testing.

Max, I must have overlooked your answer, and can't find it now. Could you quote it here, or just indicate a page number, if it's not a problem, please?
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 05:39:02 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.

Max, I must have overlooked your answer, and can't find it now. Could you quote it here, or just indicate a page number, if it's not a problem, please?

Smiley

If you think, that this was only one reason and there might be thousand others. With the next update we are going to achieve our first milestone. That means the issues will mostly be fixed, might require another update for adjustments. However, in principle it will work quite good. That means we can allow community forging and the forging rewards.

tomkat

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:16:07 PM

Huh

Ah, okay.

Smiley

If you think, that this was only one reason and there might be thousand others. With the next update we are going to achieve our first milestone. That means the issues will mostly be fixed, might require another update for adjustments. However, in principle it will work quite good. That means we can allow community forging and the forging rewards.

Ah, that's what you meant.
Well, I thought you addressed the issues reported by RISE team somewhere earlier (since I quoted their statement few pages back, and now quoted it partially again).
Thanks anyway...
szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:23:32 PM

Every vote is cost i can vote for if vote cost 5 lisk i can vote for 10 lisk if you are looking vote.
spendawgs

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 01:22:45 AM

Rise seems to be an exact copy of Lisk.  They dont deserve it because its not their idea

Woof woof!!
Ullu-Ka-Patha

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:38:51 AM

Where is the whitepaper?
cointrader83

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:52:56 AM

Where is the whitepaper?

"The Lisk white paper will be published Q1 2017."
Ullu-Ka-Patha

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:34:12 AM

Where is the whitepaper?

like the way it i was published in july than august and than q4 2016?
YNWA2806

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 08:57:50 AM

Where is the whitepaper?

like the way it i was published in july than august and than q4 2016?

Never lose hope...... Wink
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:06:24 PM

Community Delegate Contest — Prepare yourself!

On block 1,451,520 the forging rewards will be activated with the subsequent activation of community forging. The imminent completion of our first milestone “Mainchain stabilisation” is a big step forward for Lisk and we are celebrating it with a delegate campaign and a proposal contest.

For those new to Lisk, delegates represent the backbone of the decentralised Lisk network. Anyone can become a delegate, but only 101 delegates get the opportunity to generate blocks and earn forging rewards. These 101 delegates are elected by every LSK holder by voting, their voting power equals their LSK balance. The more LSK they own, the more voting power they have. The cumulative voting power of all accounts in the network decides who is in the top 101 and who isn’t.

Continue reading..

Also check out our new sub page on Lisk.io regarding community delegates.

Win up to $800 for writing a proposal and registering a Lisk delegate!

Antioxidant

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:10:59 PM

Win up to $800 for writing a proposal and registering a Lisk delegate!
are you serious?
sxafir

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Pay me lisk and i wil be voting for anyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: