Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:53:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073121 times)
bticgoinsuxial

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:17:46 PM

Does anyone know if the differences between Crypti and Ethereum as described below are still accurate (except now obviously I'm referring to LISK vs. Ethereum)?  Specifically, this says (at least at the time) that Ethereum did not have "an in-built frontend or hosting solution".  Whereas Crypti (and I assume LISK) does.  Is this correct?  

https://bitscan.com/articles/crypti-dapps-without-the-dollars

Q: On the surface of it, Crypti looks a lot like Ethereum - what are the differences?

Crypti is a decentralised application platform, while Ethereum is a smart contract platform. Now, you may find yourself asking, what does this actually mean?

At Ethereum, there is absolutely no doubt, developers get access to a great decentralised backend system. However, I feel this is at the cost of not having an in-built frontend or hosting solution right from the beginning. This forces decentralised application developers to rely on existing third-party centralised solutions, which in our view is far from optimal.

With Crypti, the situation is completely different. Developers have access to a full-stack decentralised ecosystem, providing concrete solutions for the frontend, backend and storage layers of a truly decentralized application. Plus, as an added bonus, each dapp is distributed through our very own Dapp Store, where users can install and launch dapps from an easy-to-use interface.

Developing dapps for Crypti is very easy. Crypti dapps are written in JavaScript and are powered by the increasingly popular Node.js runtime - both of which could arguably be described as the most popular tools used to build applications for the web today. Coupled with our simple-to-understand software development kit (SDK), I feel Crypti is the best choice of platform for developing decentralised applications on the blockchain.

Crypti failed that's why they are rebranding it!   Shocked   lol
Look at Crypti price.

123 123
tombstone2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:25:02 PM

Does anyone know if the differences between Crypti and Ethereum as described below are still accurate (except now obviously I'm referring to LISK vs. Ethereum)?  Specifically, this says (at least at the time) that Ethereum did not have "an in-built frontend or hosting solution".  Whereas Crypti (and I assume LISK) does.  Is this correct?  

https://bitscan.com/articles/crypti-dapps-without-the-dollars

Q: On the surface of it, Crypti looks a lot like Ethereum - what are the differences?

Crypti is a decentralised application platform, while Ethereum is a smart contract platform. Now, you may find yourself asking, what does this actually mean?

At Ethereum, there is absolutely no doubt, developers get access to a great decentralised backend system. However, I feel this is at the cost of not having an in-built frontend or hosting solution right from the beginning. This forces decentralised application developers to rely on existing third-party centralised solutions, which in our view is far from optimal.

With Crypti, the situation is completely different. Developers have access to a full-stack decentralised ecosystem, providing concrete solutions for the frontend, backend and storage layers of a truly decentralized application. Plus, as an added bonus, each dapp is distributed through our very own Dapp Store, where users can install and launch dapps from an easy-to-use interface.

Developing dapps for Crypti is very easy. Crypti dapps are written in JavaScript and are powered by the increasingly popular Node.js runtime - both of which could arguably be described as the most popular tools used to build applications for the web today. Coupled with our simple-to-understand software development kit (SDK), I feel Crypti is the best choice of platform for developing decentralised applications on the blockchain.

Crypti failed that's why they are rebranding it!   Shocked   lol

Why quote my question if you're not going to answer it?  Ya dumb ass!
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:26:40 PM

It looks like LISK (IOU) price is gradually declining, although it could be a general thing currently in the market. It is a pity about the IOU because the IOU might just have taken the steam of the initial rise and decline usually seen with new coins. There is normally a quick rise and decline and then the price settles and then enters the development phase and is dependent on the development work. If development work is poor the price goes down further and if the development work is good then price will rise again. What is clear is that the IOU portion of the LISK money supply is insignificant to the total money supply and should not necessarily be seen as indicative of the price of the main supply of the real coin. This is because a small supply is very much sensitive to price movements especially in an environment where a lot of hype was created and people are impatient with anticipation. The real price could be much higher or much lower.

The next thing that will impact LISK is what will happen on launch day. If a significant portion of the 100m finds it way to the market without the corresponding demand the price will go down. If there is enough demand the ICO investors will exit at a profit and the new investors (and/or whales) will take over at the new floor and do their thing. Most people have a short term profit objective without necessarily worrying too much about what a coin is about as long as whatever the dev team and community does enhances the chances of their objective being met. The chances are therefore higher that a significant portion of the supply will go to market relatively quickly after launch because most holders with a short term profit objective will want to execute their strategy as quickly as possible at maximum profit. The ICO investor mix plays an important part. If the ICO mix were more big investors caring about the coin and future potential less coins will hit the market early on. If the mix were more day traders that would do anything to make a bitcoin or 2 they will exit as soon as they can make that 1 bitcoin and they will jump with joy. Chances are higher though based on statistics that the latter option is the case but not necessarily.

LISK holders must just hope that the wind was not taken out of its sails with the IOU thing and momentum negatively impacted so that that is not seen as the initial rise and decline of the coin. I hope for everyone that there will still be another one after the coin launches for real. However, imo, holding should be more long term for LISK and I hope there are many people with a long term objective in the ICO investor mix.

as i said elsewhere, wallet would better be launched as soon as ICO distribution is done. what is happening in cases like iota or lisk is: distribution ... hype gap ... ... eventually, wallet launch.
notice how the IOUs are being negotiated at iota, similarly  (and, whenever I complain about it at iota's thread, my posts get deleted)
yobit's move was very smart, even though it's not at all good from the ICO buyer's perspective. (lisk and iota holder here)

Just take look here:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/#BTC

All major altcoins going to minus red.
The reason is simple..... LISK  Grin

Roll Eyes except that lisk is -43.34 % there, right now...

That's hilarious. Alts aren't going down because of Lisk lol I'm an ICO holder, but come on give me a break haha And to the original poster... As I said a few pages back, if only there weren't so many retards in crypto who can't understand directions, tomorrow would be the mainnet launch. Now, the coin launch will be completely deflated because we have to wait 3 more weeks. By then, IOU price will be down 90%, and launch will be a non event.
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:27:30 PM

Captain Vitalik, we have a Problem!!!- - - - -> LISK!!
  -------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
     I think the Ethereum Investors left ETH to invest in LISK

I think LISK will replace ETH soon
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:34:38 PM

It looks like LISK (IOU) price is gradually declining, although it could be a general thing currently in the market. It is a pity about the IOU because the IOU might just have taken the steam of the initial rise and decline usually seen with new coins. There is normally a quick rise and decline and then the price settles and then enters the development phase and is dependent on the development work. If development work is poor the price goes down further and if the development work is good then price will rise again. What is clear is that the IOU portion of the LISK money supply is insignificant to the total money supply and should not necessarily be seen as indicative of the price of the main supply of the real coin. This is because a small supply is very much sensitive to price movements especially in an environment where a lot of hype was created and people are impatient with anticipation. The real price could be much higher or much lower.

The next thing that will impact LISK is what will happen on launch day. If a significant portion of the 100m finds it way to the market without the corresponding demand the price will go down. If there is enough demand the ICO investors will exit at a profit and the new investors (and/or whales) will take over at the new floor and do their thing. Most people have a short term profit objective without necessarily worrying too much about what a coin is about as long as whatever the dev team and community does enhances the chances of their objective being met. The chances are therefore higher that a significant portion of the supply will go to market relatively quickly after launch because most holders with a short term profit objective will want to execute their strategy as quickly as possible at maximum profit. The ICO investor mix plays an important part. If the ICO mix were more big investors caring about the coin and future potential less coins will hit the market early on. If the mix were more day traders that would do anything to make a bitcoin or 2 they will exit as soon as they can make that 1 bitcoin and they will jump with joy. Chances are higher though based on statistics that the latter option is the case but not necessarily.

LISK holders must just hope that the wind was not taken out of its sails with the IOU thing and momentum negatively impacted so that that is not seen as the initial rise and decline of the coin. I hope for everyone that there will still be another one after the coin launches for real. However, imo, holding should be more long term for LISK and I hope there are many people with a long term objective in the ICO investor mix.

as i said elsewhere, wallet would better be launched as soon as ICO distribution is done. what is happening in cases like iota or lisk is: distribution ... hype gap ... ... eventually, wallet launch.
notice how the IOUs are being negotiated at iota, similarly  (and, whenever I complain about it at iota's thread, my posts get deleted)
yobit's move was very smart, even though it's not at all good from the ICO buyer's perspective. (lisk and iota holder here)

Just take look here:

That's hilarious. Alts aren't going down because of Lisk lol I'm an ICO holder, but come on give me a break haha And to the original poster... As I said a few pages back, if only there weren't so many retards in crypto who can't understand directions, tomorrow would be the mainnet launch. Now, the coin launch will be completely deflated because we have to wait 3 more weeks. By then, IOU price will be down 90%, and launch will be a non event.

Still trading at 012 on yobit and 008 on bloom. Demand is still there. But I don't know if we'll survive three weeks of delays, FUD, and market volatility.
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:43:01 PM

Even if the lisk iou on yobit reaches 0.0001 btc per Lisk, i am not selling my lisk below 5 dollar. Instead i will buy a lot of more!!
shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:46:15 PM

Just take look here:

Still trading at 012 on yobit and 008 on bloom. Demand is still there. But I don't know if we'll survive three weeks of delays, FUD, and market volatility.
some of them could be fake orders by the owners.
manhattanagriculture

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:52:56 PM

I am working with Urban Agriculture & IT experts, using forging rewards to explore Lisk DAPP creation & IoT hardware, a la Slock.it business model.

We aspire to launch an IoT intelligence platform for indoor/urban farms learning from startups & venture-backed companies such as Agrilyst, Edenworks, Farm One et al.

* Google Analytics For Greenhouses
* Indoor Farm Platform takes TechCrunch Disrupt Cup
* Sensor Enhanced Open Source Beehives
* A Massive Aquaponic Lettuce And Fish Farm Will Grow In Brooklyn

Please vote for our server, delegate DAO #18 https://forum.lisk.io/posting.php?mode=edit&f=6&p=1633
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:54:27 PM

That trolling faggot gembitz Has launched a new coin called "LISKCOIN" Ticker "LSK"
nice to know he doesn't have any self respect, after Fudding Lisk for Weeks he now has the guts to start a shitcoin with the same.

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:56:03 PM

Can Lisk get like this ---> http://dapps.ethercasts.com/ Huh

like dapps.lisk.com Smiley

or dappstore.lisk.com

bah the most that can be gained from that list is wow look at all the eth ponzi's and "pyramids"
could people have not done better?
all the good projects for eth STILL yellow and in development on that page (gnosis being a big one i think is cool)
but the ponzis are green and good to go lol
go eth?
tombstone2

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:58:36 PM

It's all about supply and demand.  You said it yourself.  "If there is enough demand the ICO investors will exit at a profit and the new investors (and/or whales) will take over at the new floor and do their thing."  So my question is, why would these people be affected by what happens in VERY limited trading at YObit or especially bloombit?  It's meaningless.  The supply is extremely limited.  And the demand (i.e. number of potential buyers on those sites) is extremely limited too.  This pre-launch trading is just the very, VERY early stages of price discovery that may or may not be anywhere near reality once real supply & demand are unleashed.  Placing any kind of emphasis on the pre-launch trading, especially at these 2 sites, isn't much different than attaching significance to private sales that may take place between parties who post about it on this forum.  None of it matters until there is real supply & demand, and real volume.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:01:01 PM

That [Molburg] Has launched a new coin called "LISKCOIN" Ticker "LSK"
nice to know he doesn't have any self respect, after Fudding Lisk for Weeks he now has the guts to start a shitcoin with the same.

we are the real Liskcoin ~  try to stop us!  Cool   lmfao

fyi: joel[Bigcabrito]

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=157356

^the official LISK community representative gave me the thumbs up!!!   Wink

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
aGuyFrom4Chan

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:01:33 PM

Hey guys, We would like to know.
How does the delegate voting system work with LISK?
For how many PROFIT SHARING DELEGATES would I have to vote to get the most benefits?
So basically what i'm asking is if the voting system of LISK is gonna be A or B:

>a) Same voting weight applied to all selected delegates
-put your voting weight on as many different delegates as possible (Max=101).

>b) Voting weight is split between selected delegates.
-put all your voting weight on 1 specific delegate.

(Voting Weight = Voting Power)

Thanks
Come on, Can someone answer my question? Just a simple A or B
tombstone2

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:03:36 PM

And by the way, why do people keep saying "IOU" trading as if that's unusual?  The fact is, ALL trading at exchanges is based on IOUs.  If you trade BTC at an exchange, you're trading an IOU.  If you trade ETH at an exchange, you're trading an IOU.  When you finally trade LISK at an exchange, you'll be trading an IOU.  You don't think coins are actually moving from wallet to wallet every time someone makes a trade on an exchange, do you? 

As for the pre-launch trading, it's a completely natural market occurrence and there is certainly nothing wrong with it as long as the exchange has the ICO coins in their wallet for people to withdraw (if they choose) once LISK is launched.  The only question is, who knows about these 2 sites (especially bloombit)?  Are they honest?  It's anyone's guess!
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:07:32 PM

And by the way, why do people keep saying "IOU" trading as if that's unusual?  The fact is, ALL trading at exchanges is based on IOUs.  If you trade BTC at an exchange, you're trading an IOU.  If you trade ETH at an exchange, you're trading an IOU.  When you finally trade LISK at an exchange, you'll be trading an IOU.  You don't think coins are actually moving from wallet to wallet every time someone makes a trade on an exchange, do you?  

Whatever you want to call it, "IOU" or otherwise, yobit trading is different from trading ETH right now at polo because LISK hasn't even launched yet.
In either case, one may not be trading the actual coins from wallet to wallet like you say, but in the case of ETH at least the exchange holds the real thing.
There should be some word making it clear that Yobit holds no real lisk. The word/acronym the community has chosen to use is "IOU".
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:07:48 PM

For how many PROFIT SHARING DELEGATES would I have to vote to get the most benefits?
So basically what i'm asking is if the voting system of LISK is gonna be A or B:

Thanks

depends on the delegate and their program.  There will be some of A, some of B and some of C
manhattanagriculture

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:08:32 PM

Proxy Coin = IOU
bticgoinsuxial

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:14:44 PM

Thanks

depends on the delegate and their program.  There will be some of A, some of B and some of C
I think what he is asking is how the voting weight will be applied. Since you can vote for up to 101 delegates with 1 vote. Will your voting power be split between all the delegates that you vote or each delegate that you vote gets your full voting power.
I think the answer is "A" . Correct me if im wrong.

123 123
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:17:55 PM

Thanks

I think what he is asking is how the voting weight will be applied. Since you can vote for up to 101 delegates with 1 vote. Will your voting power be split between all the delegates that you vote or each delegate that you vote gets your full voting power.
I think the answer is "A" . Correct me if im wrong.

you are correct then it's A
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:41:20 PM

im a ico holder too but all this crap of $2-$5 when it launches is silly ico was at 10 cents. you will think people wont sell for $1 you think they wont sell for 50cents. hell some might dump at 0.20cents. all this talk of eth not being better than lisk i just find funny. lisk not gonna beat ETH.

ETH is 10 times better than bitcoin, i dont see it beating it actually its falling and bitcoin is rising. people basing the judgements on the IOU and they dont realize the harm that drop will do when it actually launches. that IOU will give investors a idea of a ceiling and then just expect some nasty dumps. and very little BTC.

ETH and REP were not IOU on any major exchange. these small exchanges just making a quick buck and there is no one buying but themselves. i said before anyone buying it now on the sites is literally buying a premine. if they dumping at these prices with only a few hundred thousand imagine what a few million would do. 

very little is being talked of lisk dev but vitalik is everywhere.

like i said eth cant beat bitcoin lisk aint gonna beat ETH,

radium cant beat factom
expanse cant beat ETH too. expanse had better feature than ETH and that got a cap of $2.5million so with the added features on LISK it would be overvalued. with its ICO $5.9million i invested early had i known it would go to $5.9million i had think twice. but please hype it down a little so we ico holders can make a tidy profit and sell
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: