Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:59:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073060 times)
jioy

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:58:24 PM

when the release day?
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:00:14 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 05:13:41 PM by cannabanana

I replied to that StackOverflow post: http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176

It may not be the most technical answer, but Oliver is busy coding. He doesn't have the time to defend Lisk from people who are just trying to discredit it. As we said at the beginning of Lisk, just wait and see. We can talk all day, but at the end of the day our results will speak for themselves.

To me one of her key points is the FUD about Lisk dapp zip files.  She is saying that because Lisk dapp files are not permanent fixtures on the Lisk mainchain (as ETH dapps are on the ETH mainchain), how do you know you are loading a clean Lisk dapp from a zip file you get from elsewhere?  This is actually a valid point.  So...does the capability exist now in Lisk to put in the main Lisk blockchain during dapp registration an MD5 hash or similar for the offchain Lisk dapp zip file?  Can such a capability be added?  Is should such a capability needed?  (I think yes...)

Max, your response was great, you looked professional and made her look she looked shrill and weak.  Your best line:

Yes, I'm glad that those two guys at Google never started their company because there were so many great search engines back then with hundreds of employees. Smiley

Hey man, I liked hotbot.com
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

I used the one search engine to rule them all-- Dogpile.com

(Wayback Machine: DogPile.com)

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:26:24 PM

I'm semi concerned about that too. But, I'm much more interested in seeing the project attempt to work through all of this and develop something meaningful. Further, I'm also really interested in seeing a roadmap and team update/tech update on the plans for the millions of dollars - what devs are being hired? What's the plan? Where is this going in the vision of the team in place currently.

Right now there is not much brain power focused towards LISK - reading through this thread shows that 99% of the people here just want absurdly crazy ROI at any cost. Very little talk is about development or use cases almost all of it is just plain "moon for moon's sake".

Curious to see what substance the team can put together for 5 million bucks.

How funny LISK don't even have DAPPS javascript is not compatiable and this aint even FUD amazing the only real fud they have against ethereum is that solidity language they're using is not popular

there is a reason why vitalik didnt use JS for the back end because it wont work for their plan lisk can be coded to play games like hangman, free candy crusher or flipper remember FUN APPS not fun dapps

if you ask me they hyped up the coin for something they dont have

$5.9million for 1 year work nice wage maan

if you ask me rtcrypto how did they raise all that. i wasnt here from the start so dont really want to go back 600 pages but did they have some marketing campaign going on how did they hype all this to raise so much. well as a trader i'm not happy i never bought as a investor/developer happy i didn't. i couldn't buy this at ICO price if i had the chance without seeing what they have planned and seeing through their double meanings

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can tell you exactly why I bought into the ICO:

1. My first impression was that they are pretty good and really smart in marketing. While that can be a red flag if we think about shady projects it's a huge pro in serious and legit projects. Because it needs the ability to raise attention, not just to attract Investors but also Developers.

2. The team: Because I could not know if they are serious or shady I've read interviews and posts and then I was 100% sure that they are serious about this, that they will do all they can to make it successful. Of course, that doesn't say much about their abilities to do it, but in general my impression was and still is: It all is very thought out.

3. Regarding the tech: I'm not a tech guy but I think a lot about the natural conflicts between centralization and decentralization and my own theory is: It's not possible to be effective and totally decentralized at the same time. I believe that the best way is to have a decentralized core-Blockchain, simple and stable, but centralized applications that just anchor in the core chain. If you take Bitcoin for example: It's possible and not too hard to build on top of it. And many projects do that, like Factom for example which I know best. Multiple projects, some with their own blockchain and some without can do this without bloating the Bitcoin-Blockchain but securing itself in it, benefit from the huge security of the Bitcoin-Blockchain. The thing about it is: Some of those projects can fail, some can succeed, it won't ever hurt the Core. And: The economy stays decentralized because it's not just one economy. Ethereum does it the other way around. It's all on the blockchain, the tech can mess up because in my eyes it's overcomplex, it's one big economy and with the PoS-model they will switch to, I believe that even if the tech should work, the economy will lead into a centralizing effect. That's why I prefer projects that keep it simple at the core while making it possible to grow beyond itself.

Regarding node.js: I've asked a friend of mine who is a skilled Dev and under the line he said nearly exactly what Max said in this reply: http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176

That it's all about how skilled they are with it. My hope is that they will hire more good Devs and then: If the core will be stable I don't see much reason to believe this project will fail. Dapps can fail in many ways but that won't hurt the potential of Lisk.

4. Crypti: I didn't even know about it. But while the fork is something that was criticized a lot I see a huge pro in it. The reason is simple: Crypti obviously worked well regarding the tech. At least I don't have other informations. It was just totally under the radar and the best projects will die without attention. So I also see a pro in the strategy to do exactly that (marketing) better with Lisk and obviously they know how to do it.

5. Usecases: Will Lisk be a project for the big companies, like banks and so on? I don't expect that. But if we think about the gaming sector, just for example, it can be big business and big money. And there are a lot of other use cases that have the potential to be part of a growing "Lisk-economy". It will be all about attracting Developers.

6. Conclusion: Is Lisk a safe bet? No. There is not a single project that is safe. We are in a high-risk-market. But if the core will be stable, if they attract and/or hire skilled Developers, I believe to see a lot of potential. And while it may be the complexity that could kill other projects, the simplicity of Lisk could turn out as big strength. That's really the main-reason why I bought into the ICO.

cannabanana

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:29:39 PM

I'm semi concerned about that too. But, I'm much more interested in seeing the project attempt to work through all of this and develop something meaningful. Further, I'm also really interested in seeing a roadmap and team update/tech update on the plans for the millions of dollars - what devs are being hired? What's the plan? Where is this going in the vision of the team in place currently.

Right now there is not much brain power focused towards LISK - reading through this thread shows that 99% of the people here just want absurdly crazy ROI at any cost. Very little talk is about development or use cases almost all of it is just plain "moon for moon's sake".

How funny LISK don't even have DAPPS javascript is not compatiable and this aint even FUD amazing the only real fud they have against ethereum is that solidity language they're using is not popular

there is a reason why vitalik didnt use JS for the back end because it wont work for their plan lisk can be coded to play games like hangman, free candy crusher or flipper remember FUN APPS not fun dapps

if you ask me rtcrypto how did they raise all that. i wasnt here from the start so dont really want to go back 600 pages but did they have some marketing campaign going on how did they hype all this to raise so much. well as a trader i'm not happy i never bought as a investor/developer happy i didn't. i couldn't buy this at ICO price if i had the chance without seeing what they have planned and seeing through their double meanings

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can tell you exactly why I bought into the ICO:

1. My first impression was that they are pretty good and really smart in marketing. While that can be a red flag if we think about shady projects it's a huge pro in serious and legit projects. Because it needs the ability to raise attention, not just to attract Investors but also Developers.

2. The team: Because I could not know if they are serious or shady I've read interviews and posts and then I was 100% sure that they are serious about this, that they will do all they can to make it successful. Of course, that doesn't say much about their abilities to do it, but in general my impression was and still is: It all is very thought out.

3. Regarding the tech: I'm not a tech guy but I think a lot about the natural conflicts between centralization and decentralization and my own theory is: It's not possible to be effective and totally decentralized at the same time. I believe that the best way is to have a decentralized core-Blockchain, simple and stable, but centralized applications that just anchor in the core chain. If you take Bitcoin for example: It's possible and not too hard to build on top of it. And many projects do that, like Factom for example which I know best. Multiple projects, some with their own blockchain and some without can do this without bloating the Bitcoin-Blockchain but securing itself in it, benefit from the huge security of the Bitcoin-Blockchain. The thing about it is: Some of those projects can fail, some can succeed, it won't ever hurt the Core. And: The economy stays decentralized because it's not just one economy. Ethereum does it the other way around. It's all on the blockchain, the tech can mess up because in my eyes it's overcomplex, it's one big economy and with the PoS-model they will switch to, I believe that even if the tech should work, the economy will lead into a centralizing effect. That's why I prefer projects that keep it simple at the core while making it possible to grow beyond itself.

Regarding node.js: I've asked a friend of mine who is a skilled Dev and under the line he said nearly exactly what Max said in this reply: http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176

That it's all about how skilled they are with it. My hope is that they will hire more good Devs and then: If the core will be stable I don't see much reason to believe this project will fail. Dapps can fail in many ways but that won't hurt the potential of Lisk.

4. Crypti: I didn't even know about it. But while the fork is something that was criticized a lot I see a huge pro in it. The reason is simple: Crypti obviously worked well regarding the tech. At least I don't have other informations. It was just totally under the radar and the best projects will die without attention. So I also see a pro in the strategy to do exactly that (marketing) better with Lisk and obviously they know how to do it.

5. Usecases: Will Lisk be a project for the big companies, like banks and so on? I don't expect that. But if we think about the gaming sector, just for example, it can be big business and big money. And there are a lot of other use cases that have the potential to be part of a growing "Lisk-economy". It will be all about attracting Developers.

6. Conclusion: Is Lisk a safe bet? No. There is not a single project that is safe. We are in a high-risk-market. But if the core will be stable, if they attract and/or hire skilled Developers, I believe to see a lot of potential. And while it may be the complexity that could kill other projects, the simplicity of Lisk could turn out as big strength. That's really the main-reason why I bought into the ICO.

agree 1000%
mxhwr

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:30:35 PM

lol..there's no way a coin written in javascript will survive the strommin'.. yubikeys haxxors lol ..proofs?  Kiss

Dear Fudders: gembitz, wasref, mxhwr

Sorry to break it to you, but JavaScript is the #1 choice for developing web applications these days. And with Node.js, JavaScript has spilled over to the server side. JavaScript interpreters have become quite advanced, so that Google's V8 engine is quite fast, fast enough to reside at the core of Node.js.

I suggest you run to a nearby magazine stand and pick up this month's edition of Web Designer magazine to learn about future of JavaScript Apps:
http://www.webdesignermag.co.uk/web-designer-245-on-sale-now/

thanks will look at it

see javascript is great for making apps a great UI and web apps etc but it being linked to crypto currency is the issue here. im sure they not building apps to make it look pretty it needs function well with crypto currencies. that's the challenge and most of us find it hard to see how it would work considering javascript when applied to crypto currency

this is my concern

"Javascript numbers are....not the greatest or most reliable. Especially when we are dealing with a crypto-currency, you really want your numbers to be on point. Basically JS uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases. Here's some further reading: Be careful with big numbers & Floating point appoximation. So, the fact that everything in Lisk (including Lisk itself) is in Javascript, it means there are potentially big number problems (both in terms of big numbers and big problems)."

lisk may be able to make great apps easily but deploying contracts etc using javascripts and cryptocurrency for those apps is going to be challenging.

also they dont have dapps right now on launch they won't have dapps you can make apps.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:51:20 PM

lol..there's no way a coin written in javascript will survive the strommin'.. yubikeys haxxors lol ..proofs?  Kiss

Sorry to break it to you, but JavaScript is the #1 choice for developing web applications these days. And with Node.js, JavaScript has spilled over to the server side. JavaScript interpreters have become quite advanced, so that Google's V8 engine is quite fast, fast enough to reside at the core of Node.js.

I suggest you run to a nearby magazine stand and pick up this month's edition of Web Designer magazine to learn about future of JavaScript Apps:

thanks will look at it

see javascript is great for making apps a great UI and web apps etc but it being linked to crypto currency is the issue here. im sure they not building apps to make it look pretty it needs function well with crypto currencies. that's the challenge and most of us find it hard to see how it would work considering javascript when applied to crypto currency

this is my concern

"Javascript numbers are....not the greatest or most reliable. Especially when we are dealing with a crypto-currency, you really want your numbers to be on point. Basically JS uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases. Here's some further reading: Be careful with big numbers & Floating point appoximation. So, the fact that everything in Lisk (including Lisk itself) is in Javascript, it means there are potentially big number problems (both in terms of big numbers and big problems)."

lisk may be able to make great apps easily but deploying contracts etc using javascripts and cryptocurrency for those apps is going to be challenging.

also they dont have dapps right now on launch they won't have dapps you can make apps.

so the biggest concern you keep bringing up is the vocabulary used on dapps and apps?

This is what happens in real life,

Javascript has issues,
some smart person comes around and CREATES a solution for that issue,
Javascript has one less issue,

REPEAT

I remember what javascript was like before node.js,  You think they didn't shout from the mountain tops that JS couldn't handle serverside shit before node.js?

BIG NUMBER SOLUTION: bignumbers.js

Shit happens and things get solved.

Smart contracts are not the be all end all of crypto.  It just happens to be the Buzzword of the times.
mxhwr

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:01:22 PM

thanks will look at it

this is my concern

so the biggest concern you keep bringing up is the vocabulary used on dapps and apps?

Javascript has issues,

REPEAT

I remember what javascript was like before node.js,  You think they didn't shout from the mountain tops that JS couldn't handle serverside shit before node.js?

Smart contracts are not the be all end all of crypto.  It just happens to be the Buzzword of the times.

to a regular person yes they would notice vocabulary but if you knew what dapps is and apps are then you know why im stating it. lisk states they have dapps and that youl be able to build dapps at launch when you clearly can't and liskHQ confirmed this indirectly.

also there are many problems that need solutions ofcourse we can say yes we will solve it we will solve it but until it is actually solved nothing they don't say dont mean anything ofcourse if they say we work to do it fair enough but here you got the problem no solution and your claiming it will work thats misleading again.

"Javascript has issues,"

yes it does when it comes to crypto currencies when it comes to apps no

"some smart person comes around and CREATES a solution for that issue,"

yes i'm waiting for you to show me the solution and the smart person who does it. do you have the code and the person

Javascript has one less issue"

until there is one,there is the issue

dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:04:14 PM

I replied to that StackOverflow post: http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum/3176#3176

It may not be the most technical answer, but Oliver is busy coding. He doesn't have the time to defend Lisk from people who are just trying to discredit it. As we said at the beginning of Lisk, just wait and see. We can talk all day, but at the end of the day our results will speak for themselves.

Nice answers, Max. Now I have believe in Lisk even more.
mxhwr

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:06:53 PM

didn't say smart contracts are the be all, lisk has it so ofcourse i'm gonna relate it to that if they got something else then please do tell so we can take a look at that
cannabanana

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:10:01 PM

thanks will look at it

this is my concern

Javascript has issues,

REPEAT

Smart contracts are not the be all end all of crypto.  It just happens to be the Buzzword of the times.

to a regular person yes they would notice vocabulary but if you knew what dapps is and apps are then you know why im stating it. lisk states they have dapps and that youl be able to build dapps at launch when you clearly can't and liskHQ confirmed this indirectly.

also there are many problems that need solutions ofcourse we can say yes we will solve it we will solve it but until it is actually solved nothing they don't say dont mean anything ofcourse if they say we work to do it fair enough but here you got the problem no solution and your claiming it will work thats misleading again.

"Javascript has issues,"

yes i'm waiting for you to show me the solution and the smart person who does it. do you have the code and the person

first off I never said that I was smart enough to create a solution for it and by your attitude you seem to be in the same boat as me.

The only difference is that all you know how to do is complain instead of trying to push forward.

You are the standard douche bag internet smarty pants that the web seems to be crawling with, don't forget that.

One day maybe you'll grow up and be able to see outside you shitty box.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:10:40 PM

lisk states they have dapps and that youl be able to build dapps at launch when you clearly can't and liskHQ confirmed this indirectly.

Please, don't spread lies. You are making up things. You said that Bitcoin isn't decentralized. You obviously don't know what that word means. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
mxhwr

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:15:33 PM

first off I never said that I was smart enough to create a solution for it and by your attitude you seem to be in the same boat as me.

The only difference is that all you know how to do is complain instead of trying to push forward.

You are the standard douche bag internet smarty pants that the web seems to be crawling with, don't forget that.

insults doesn't make you right you call me a kid your posts shows the true kid

if you say criticizing is complaining you need to learn more

you probably gone neck deep in this and need this to work so badly so everytime you detect someone saying something bad you throw insults and talk crap its endless talking to you as you need this to work by your desperation it seems like you made a mistake investing here
cannabanana

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:17:41 PM

you probably gone neck deep in this and need this to work so badly so everytime you detect someone saying something bad you throw insults and talk crap its endless talking to you as you need this to work by your desperation it seems like you made a mistake investing here

Nope, I just hate that the game on the internet now is to prove how smart you are so you can get fake props from other fake smarty pants on the internet.

YOU ARE A POSER!

What the fuck do you think LISK is?  It is an attempt to create a solution to the issue you fucking self important prick.
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:18:17 PM

"Javascript has issues,"

Lisk is in early development, it is making drastic changes from the forked Crypti code. Not only this, the team is working without funds until a successful launch. Lisk was marketed as a potential DaPPs platform, because that is what it is (or will become, however you want to see it).

You want another Ethereum? You might as well head to the Expanse thread. You want something different? Then I welcome you, because Lisk is VERY different. This is the reason people invested in Lisk; the idea; the vision; the people.

We dared to be different, to do things outside of the "Ethereum" rules. Ethereum community has become another Bitcoin community, bickering and outrageously defending it to death as if it were "The One"... This is not what crypto-currencies are about, every crypto-currency is an experiment on its own, learn to appreciate every experiment on its own, and wait until there's a product to at least criticize it.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
mxhwr

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:19:03 PM

Nope, I just hate that the game on the internet now is to prove how smart you are so you can get fake props from other fake smarty pants on the internet.

YOU ARE A POSER!

see now your at it again assuming i'm not trying to prove how smart i am it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on here, like i said your desperate
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:19:50 PM

go to rocket chat.
mxhwr

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:20:03 PM

"Javascript has issues,"

Lisk is in early development, it is making drastic changes from the forked Crypti code. Not only this, the team is working without funds until a successful launch. Lisk was marketed as a potential DaPPs platform, because that is what it is (or will become, however you want to see it).

You want another Ethereum? You might as well head to the Expanse thread. You want something different? Then I welcome you, because Lisk is VERY different. This is the reason people invested in Lisk; the idea; the vision; the people.

We dared to be different, to do things outside of the "Ethereum" rules. Ethereum community has become another Bitcoin community, bickering and outrageously defending it to death as if it were "The One"... This is not what crypto-currencies are about, every crypto-currency is an experiment on its own, learn to appreciate every experiment on its own, and wait until there's a product to at least criticize it.

exactly then why mislead by saying you will have dapps at launch when you wont
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:20:53 PM

If u are out of this u will cry when the numbers came up.
Remember this...
cannabanana

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:23:37 PM

YOU ARE A POSER!

see now your at it again assuming i'm not trying to prove how smart i am it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on here, like i said your desperate

to me it sounds like your desperate for attention.  You come to the lisk thread once and start bad mouthing the project and you think anyone gives a fuck what your opinion should be?

No, you came here because you think you are important and smart.  You obviously thought we would be impressed with your vast knowledge.  

You just broke 2 years of crypti development with one dapp vs. app argument, lol GENIUS!

POSER

PS. ask anyone who has been in this thread more than a minute, this is as nice as I get.  I can get much worse.
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: