Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:51:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 [880] 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073010 times)
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:06:40 PM

YoBit is 100% ready for Lisk.

Free lisk coins (0.01 lisk) on our FreeCoins page: https://yobit.net/en/freecoins/

Lisk Trade: https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC

Wow, a whole BTC5.9 support down to 1sats! Lets hope a big exchange gets involved.

Awesome, im putting my buys in the 100sat range.... looking for that fat finger discount  Cool

100 satoshi? Do it. we need morons at low in orderbook.

100sat won't happen. 1000 sat won't happen.

10000 won't happen. Better pray for buy in 50-100k range dude  Grin

Im buying more Lisks into 100k-200k range if I see that

He's saying he's look for an accidental big dump. It has happened before. I've both benefited from it and made mistakes myself. It's fun to put in a real low order and then log on and see it filled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:06:46 PM

Hi Guys, does anybody know if Bittrex is planning to list LISK at launch?

yes they do
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:11:11 PM

where is Bittrex located?
hellobilljoygo

Activity: 321

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:14:59 PM

can you need exchange www.bitdou.com?    welcome to exchange www.bitdou.com
axlroses

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:18:20 PM

where is Bittrex located?

ARAB!
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:18:48 PM

I really doubt that this price will stay. At the moment this is just a pure bubble. With 100 000 000 coins, well maybe a bit less, do you think that the market will be able to absorb all the sell stress that will be put on it ?

Number of coins doesnt matter. Ethereum proved that. At current price (prob inflated by small market) Lisk is still at $120 million marker cap. Ethereum hit $1.6 BILLION a few weeks ago. I make no assumptions that this price is a bubble that will deflate.

I expect intro at around $2, and hard swings between $1.50-$5 for a few weeks. No reason we won't stabilize around $3-$5 considering ETH at $10+

lets convert this bullshit into reality

bullshit translation

inrto at $2 = $200,MILLION Market cap
swings between $1.50-$5 = $150 MILLION - $500,000,000 MILLION Market Cap

no reason it can't stablize around $3-$5 = $300 MILLION - $500 MILLION

now its written in plain english not bullshit you decide

Here's what I know, you don't know the truth and neither do I. Paycoin, Aurora, Litecoin, lots of example of nonsense no real world application coins sky rocketed.

I think 30-40 cents is more reasonable. If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'm wealthier.
hellobilljoygo

Activity: 321

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:19:52 PM

china exchange:
www.bitdou.com
TravelsAsia

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:24:07 PM

YoBit is 100% ready for Lisk.

Free lisk coins (0.01 lisk) on our FreeCoins page: https://yobit.net/en/freecoins/

Lisk Trade: https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC

How quickly do you convert IOUs to real coins after launch?
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:26:44 PM

so the distribution will be tommorow? I cannot see my balanace at lisk.ico - or is it my fault?
ed101

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:30:05 PM

Any launch parties planned?
TravelsAsia

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:30:18 PM

I really doubt that this price will stay. At the moment this is just a pure bubble. With 100 000 000 coins, well maybe a bit less, do you think that the market will be able to absorb all the sell stress that will be put on it ?

Number of coins doesnt matter. Ethereum proved that. At current price (prob inflated by small market) Lisk is still at $120 million marker cap. Ethereum hit $1.6 BILLION a few weeks ago. I make no assumptions that this price is a bubble that will deflate.

I expect intro at around $2, and hard swings between $1.50-$5 for a few weeks. No reason we won't stabilize around $3-$5 considering ETH at $10+

bullshit translation

Here's what I know, you don't know the truth and neither do I. Paycoin, Aurora, Litecoin, lots of example of nonsense no real world application coins sky rocketed.

I think 30-40 cents is more reasonable. If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'm wealthier.

Lisk can go anywhere, did you ever expect Ether to be as big as it is?

bought in quite a bit a little over $1. So yes, next to Litecoin, it was my biggest win. It balanced my nasty BitShares losses. Smiley
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:34:35 PM

May 24th is tomorrow!
Page 899!
Go LSK Go!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:36:27 PM

Hope bittrex so i could sell all and buy DAO ico(130 millions).
I think 90% of lisk holder will dump to buy DAO.

Maybe i will buy later lisk, but priority is DAO now.

It won't make too much sense to dump Lisk to buy DAO. DAO is very expensive now and will become more expensive every day. The marketcap is very high ($162 Mio) and even if it's a very interesting and innovative idea, it's safe to say: There will be problems. Why? There is a conflict of interest in the concept.

Imagine you have a lot of DAO and most DAO-holders also have a lot of ETH. There is a proposal you believe would be a good decision, but you know: If you a majority would vote for it, DAO will invest and that means: sell. DAO will sell ETH or will give ETH to a project to invest in it. That means it will lose Marketcap until there is a return. ETH will most likely also go down because ppl will anticipate sell pressure if a proposal goes through. How many will vote for a longterm-decision that still involves a lot of risk and take the loss in short-term because DAO needs to sell?

And why should DAO be worth more on the exchange than the money it has? Because they will make a lot of money?

Let's say they start with $180 Mio and DAO invests in a project, like slock.it or whatever. And let's say DAO invests $10 Mio. How much time will it take to make profit? And will there be profit? And even if, will it be that much profit to justify prices above a current marketcap?

The question in DAO is: Who will definitely benefit? Those who will get money from DAO. That's safe. Nothing else is safe.

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power. And like I said above: The majority will always have to face a conflict of interest between short-term-loss and possible long-term-profit - which will always involve the risk that there won't be any profit but a loss.

Conclusion: In my opinion DAO is very interesting and will be interesting to watch. There will be much to learn out of it. But out of investor-perspective... I don't understand why so many believe it's a good buy.

I agree it makes no sense to get into the DAO right now (at least via selling LISK). But I'm not sure your conflict of interest holds water.
And let me state I am interested in both the DAO and LISK (and a few other ICO's) and I look forward to LISK having its own DAO as well.

If there is a proposal for a DAO investment that is accepted, why would: 1 - they invest in a project with a far out return that can hurt them? (They would have to manage this.) 2 - they invest in a project that is just going to cash out the ETH? (Look at ETH and BTC both, many of those with lots of "tokens" used those tokens by investing in other companies and those "tokens" were often passed on as such, not necessarily cashed in. This is money after all.
I think you are looking at this from one perspective. You did not take into consideration that the voters of the DAO will HAVE TO consider the points you brought up and if they do and still vote on it, it will have to be for a good reason.  

You describe something like an ideal scenario in which I don't believe. The majority won't even vote for or against a proposal, just hoping for higher prices on the exchange. And the majority of those who will vote will mostly follow the marketing of the leaders. It's very likely that a group will have a lot of power and a lot of influence and make decisions out of own interest. That's totally normal and we see it every where. DAO won't be different but it will involve some more risks.

I really think it is a weak argument to primarily look at the first of its kind type of thing in the DAO, purely from a one sided perspective as you did. I'm not saying your arguments have no truth to them as they do, but you only presented that one side and it is clear to anyone who understands this tech, that you just focused on that one side and that distorts the argument of course, as you present it as the data set and not a part of a larger one.
You say "who understands this tech" but I don't speak about the tech. I see the tech as another risk, but I mainly focus on the "social-experiment-part". And some dynamics are predictable.

The DAO's value can be worth more than the money it has in it for a variety of reasons. The most obvious would be something along the lines of a PE ratio, which is forward looking. The DAO (or a DAO on LISK too) allows people to crowdfund in an incredible flexible way, removing the normal borders. Another reason would be one of a lack of regulation due to the before mentioned reason (And I would imagine this can of course be a negative as well.)
Under the line DAO needs to make money. And if that works out, the price will also rise above the real marketcap because ppl would begin to anticipate success. Nothing else will be real.

Nothing here is safe, huge chance but we are talking another Black Swan type thing here. We know not what it can do and all that it can disrupt.
Black Swans are unexpected events and therefore not predictable. Conflicts in DAO are predictable. It's not safe to predict if DAO will become successful or not, but the conflict in interest is obvious. DAO will have impact on ETH and the ETH-price is the main-factor for the value of DAO. It's even possible that it will be all good with DAO's decisions but problems in Ethereum and a falling ETH-price would lower the DAO-value. It's also possible that everything is good with Ethereum and DAO will invest in a very good project but the selling of DAO/ETH will have impact on the price, maybe just out of psychological reasons (anticipation of selling). Remember the Bitcoin-price after the Ethereum-ICO. Everytime they just moved some Bitcoins the price went down. And the DAO-marketcap is 5 times or even more above the ETH-ICO-value (I believe Ethereum made about $30 Mio in the ICO, but not sure if correct).

Re. Plus - Invest in what you like, but don't make your personal opinions one of reason for the rest. Crowds generally decide much better than individuals do. You can see this trend across many spaces and I'm not exactly sure why but it is there. But that is your reason right there. Another one would be -  If you are not an institutional investor (i.e. rich) you can't invest in many things. Economic discrimination, I mean protection. lol
Like everybody else I just write my own opinion. I don't say that anybody else should make decisions based on my arguments. One of my opinions is btw: I don't believe that Crowds generally decide much better than individuals. Especially in Crypto we often saw the opposite.

I agree with your conclusion though.  Grin
Many ways lead to rome! Grin

My point is that your argument was one sided and that in and of itself isn't bad, but you spoke of it as being "Gospel".

True, Rome here we come...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:37:17 PM

It won't make too much sense to dump Lisk to buy DAO. DAO is very expensive now and will become more expensive every day. The marketcap is very high ($162 Mio) and even if it's a very interesting and innovative idea, it's safe to say: There will be problems. Why? There is a conflict of interest in the concept.

Imagine you have a lot of DAO and most DAO-holders also have a lot of ETH. There is a proposal you believe would be a good decision, but you know: If you a majority would vote for it, DAO will invest and that means: sell. DAO will sell ETH or will give ETH to a project to invest in it. That means it will lose Marketcap until there is a return. ETH will most likely also go down because ppl will anticipate sell pressure if a proposal goes through. How many will vote for a longterm-decision that still involves a lot of risk and take the loss in short-term because DAO needs to sell?

And why should DAO be worth more on the exchange than the money it has? Because they will make a lot of money?

Let's say they start with $180 Mio and DAO invests in a project, like slock.it or whatever. And let's say DAO invests $10 Mio. How much time will it take to make profit? And will there be profit? And even if, will it be that much profit to justify prices above a current marketcap?

The question in DAO is: Who will definitely benefit? Those who will get money from DAO. That's safe. Nothing else is safe.

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power. And like I said above: The majority will always have to face a conflict of interest between short-term-loss and possible long-term-profit - which will always involve the risk that there won't be any profit but a loss.

Conclusion: In my opinion DAO is very interesting and will be interesting to watch. There will be much to learn out of it. But out of investor-perspective... I don't understand why so many believe it's a good buy.

I agree it makes no sense to get into the DAO right now (at least via selling LISK). But I'm not sure your conflict of interest holds water.
And let me state I am interested in both the DAO and LISK (and a few other ICO's) and I look forward to LISK having its own DAO as well.

If there is a proposal for a DAO investment that is accepted, why would: 1 - they invest in a project with a far out return that can hurt them? (They would have to manage this.) 2 - they invest in a project that is just going to cash out the ETH? (Look at ETH and BTC both, many of those with lots of "tokens" used those tokens by investing in other companies and those "tokens" were often passed on as such, not necessarily cashed in. This is money after all.
I think you are looking at this from one perspective. You did not take into consideration that the voters of the DAO will HAVE TO consider the points you brought up and if they do and still vote on it, it will have to be for a good reason.  

You describe something like an ideal scenario in which I don't believe. The majority won't even vote for or against a proposal, just hoping for higher prices on the exchange. And the majority of those who will vote will mostly follow the marketing of the leaders. It's very likely that a group will have a lot of power and a lot of influence and make decisions out of own interest. That's totally normal and we see it every where. DAO won't be different but it will involve some more risks.

I really think it is a weak argument to primarily look at the first of its kind type of thing in the DAO, purely from a one sided perspective as you did. I'm not saying your arguments have no truth to them as they do, but you only presented that one side and it is clear to anyone who understands this tech, that you just focused on that one side and that distorts the argument of course, as you present it as the data set and not a part of a larger one.
You say "who understands this tech" but I don't speak about the tech. I see the tech as another risk, but I mainly focus on the "social-experiment-part". And some dynamics are predictable.

The DAO's value can be worth more than the money it has in it for a variety of reasons. The most obvious would be something along the lines of a PE ratio, which is forward looking. The DAO (or a DAO on LISK too) allows people to crowdfund in an incredible flexible way, removing the normal borders. Another reason would be one of a lack of regulation due to the before mentioned reason (And I would imagine this can of course be a negative as well.)
Under the line DAO needs to make money. And if that works out, the price will also rise above the real marketcap because ppl would begin to anticipate success. Nothing else will be real.

Nothing here is safe, huge chance but we are talking another Black Swan type thing here. We know not what it can do and all that it can disrupt.
Black Swans are unexpected events and therefore not predictable. Conflicts in DAO are predictable. It's not safe to predict if DAO will become successful or not, but the conflict in interest is obvious. DAO will have impact on ETH and the ETH-price is the main-factor for the value of DAO. It's even possible that it will be all good with DAO's decisions but problems in Ethereum and a falling ETH-price would lower the DAO-value. It's also possible that everything is good with Ethereum and DAO will invest in a very good project but the selling of DAO/ETH will have impact on the price, maybe just out of psychological reasons (anticipation of selling). Remember the Bitcoin-price after the Ethereum-ICO. Everytime they just moved some Bitcoins the price went down. And the DAO-marketcap is 5 times or even more above the ETH-ICO-value (I believe Ethereum made about $30 Mio in the ICO, but not sure if correct).

Re. Plus - Invest in what you like, but don't make your personal opinions one of reason for the rest. Crowds generally decide much better than individuals do. You can see this trend across many spaces and I'm not exactly sure why but it is there. But that is your reason right there. Another one would be -  If you are not an institutional investor (i.e. rich) you can't invest in many things. Economic discrimination, I mean protection. lol
Like everybody else I just write my own opinion. I don't say that anybody else should make decisions based on my arguments. One of my opinions is btw: I don't believe that Crowds generally decide much better than individuals. Especially in Crypto we often saw the opposite.

consensus investing never makes money unless it's a conspiracy to manipulate a market.
contrarian investing makes money.
DAO is quasi consensus and is open to conspiracies and fraud.

Well, we can hope when LISK does their DAO that we learn from Ethereum, eh?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ZonedOutSpace

Activity: 280

From Russia with love

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:37:34 PM

Will there be a windows client on launch tomorrow?

No, not a simple one. If you have technical knowledge you will be able to use the docker image for windows. The webwallet IS available, so you can freely send you Lisk from there.

Ahh disappointing, I'll try my luck with the docker image.
Cheers
fuze0000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:37:46 PM

ParabolicMaster

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:37:58 PM

bullshit translation

I like that. If im wrong im whealtier !
But i think your right im affraid

souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:39:42 PM

Almost page 900! Will we reach 1000 before launch? Smiley

_@/'
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:39:50 PM

so the distribution will be tommorow? I cannot see my balanace at lisk.ico - or is it my fault?

You can see on My lisk key with the bonus.

https://ico.lisk.io/

fuze0000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:40:42 PM

My point is that your argument was one sided and that in and of itself isn't bad, but you spoke of it as being "Gospel".

True, Rome here we come...

I really wish I knew who you were quoting.
Pages: « 1 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 [880] 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: