Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 [881] 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
Emperor of Man

Activity: 885
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:41:04 PM

I really doubt that this price will stay. At the moment this is just a pure bubble. With 100 000 000 coins, well maybe a bit less, do you think that the market will be able to absorb all the sell stress that will be put on it ?

Number of coins doesnt matter. Ethereum proved that. At current price (prob inflated by small market) Lisk is still at $120 million marker cap. Ethereum hit $1.6 BILLION a few weeks ago. I make no assumptions that this price is a bubble that will deflate.

I expect intro at around $2, and hard swings between $1.50-$5 for a few weeks. No reason we won't stabilize around $3-$5 considering ETH at $10+

lets convert this bullshit into reality

bullshit translation

inrto at $2 = $200,MILLION Market cap
swings between $1.50-$5 = $150 MILLION - $500,000,000 MILLION Market Cap

no reason it can't stablize around $3-$5 = $300 MILLION - $500 MILLION

now its written in plain english not bullshit you decide

So what? The numbers are big, so it's impossible? That conclusion feels like an ork in the warhammer 40,000 world made it!  Grin

Note that the whole cryptocurrency market is worth a few billion USDs right now, and IMHO it's a very small number compared to the potential of cryptocurrency. Many small-time companies that are unheard of for many of us, are worth more than the whole cryptocurrency market right now.

I don't expect lisk to be $10 in the first day, but I believe It's up to good cryptos to make the market bigger, and I hope lisk will be one of them.  Smiley
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:41:20 PM

WELCOME PAGE 900  Grin
Block By Block

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:42:45 PM

https://twitter.com/AceOfWallStreet/status/733765287850315776
Final results for $LSK launch price: (167 votes)
25% dump
54% pump
21% > $ETH launch price
orlofff

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:43:20 PM

WOOOW! 1 DAY.
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:45:41 PM

http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum
This was explained by Max the Lisk CEO aka LiskHq.

@tayvano: Unfortunately, I can't comment directly. I need "50 reputation" for this. Therefore I will write it as a new answer.

I don't know as much about Serpent, but it appears to have the same goals and purpose as Solidity, but is meant to be similar to Python (and therefore be great for Python devs.) This, along with the range of clients, also showcases the dedication that Ethereum has to being appealing to a wide range of developers, not just Javascript developers.

The range of clients at Ethereum in Go, C++, Python, JavaScript, Java and other languages is a support disaster. Right now it may work OK, but once Ethereum attracts a critical mass there will be 1 (or maybe 2) clients which will be used by 99% of the users. Otherwise, it's just not feasible.

You also say that Ethereum is trying to appeal a wide range of developers. Lisk tends to focus on the JavaScript group, it's just a fact that this is a huge crowd already. Lisk removes friction, it's very hard to get developers for a platform. If they now need to learn a new language (besides the whole blockchain concepts) attracting them will be even more difficult. Lisk is all about staying lean, efficient and focused.

Btw. JS is extremely powerful: asmjs.org, pyjs.org etc.

Above only covers Smart Contracts for Etheruem; what about the more fully-encompassing "Dapp"?

Here is the difference between Lisk and Ethereum. Ethereum is doing smart contracts which are all saved on one blockchain. If you want to develop a dapp in Ethereum you need to connect the functionalities of several smart contracts.

In Lisk you get a complete package. You don't develop single smart contracts. You build an entire application which is running on its own blockchain. It's like you develop a new crypto-currency platform with an extended feature-set, the platform itself is already finished and provided by our Lisk SDK. As a developer you just need to implement the necessary new features on top of the already existing platform.

So, for Lisk to be implying that Javascript developers cannot create Dapp for Ethereum is a bit misleading. They can absolutely use primarily Javascript for the Dapp and then Solidity (which is so close to Javascript) for smart contracts.

We never said that JavaScript developers cannot create dapps for Ethereum. Of course they can, but they need to learn a new language first. This is like you would say a plumber cannot paint walls.

At Ethereum they can use JavaScript for the dapp front end, and Solidity for the dapp back end. It's not like they are using JavaScript "for the [complete] dapp" as you said. No, only for the front end.

The difference is that Lisk is entirely Javascript (and node.js) through and through, Ethereum has a large number clients in different languages[2], has two custom-written languages for smart contracts, and still allows for Javascript where you need it most (the UI).

Yes, we tend to focus on one technology. Focus is key.

Your statement that Ethereum "allows for JavaScript where you need it most (the UI)", is really only the case for Ethereum. JavaScript is globally accepted for many different tasks on the front and back end (e.g. NodeJS). Not just for "the UI". You are making JavaScript smaller as it is, only to get more arguments for Solidity.

Javascript numbers are....not the greatest or most reliable. Especially when we are dealing with a crypto-currency, you really want your numbers to be on point. Basically JS uses floating point which means some things get approximated and digits get lost in certain cases.

We are only using integers at Lisk. For big numbers we are using bignumber.js. It's not about the language you choose, it's about your coding skills. If you know what you are doing JavaScript is entirely fine. However, yes this is a weakness. But a weakness which is manageable.

Javascript uses weak dynamic typing. If you are not careful, you can pass strings instead of numbers.

Honestly, if you are building a serious project you should at least get this thing right. Otherwise, every JavaScript project would fail according to your argument.

Lisk has "rules" that they ask contract developers have to follow to avoid breaking consensus.

Yep. It seems Ethereum has these "rules" directly embedded into their compiler, at Lisk developers just have to follow them. The biggest difference here is, if they do a mistake and the consensus is broken, then the dapp needs a hard fork. But Lisk itself is entirely fine, because the dapp is only running in a sidechain.

This is a huge security advantage. If a dapp fails, the Lisk network doesn't even hiccup. However, if one smart contract fails at Ethereum, it can mean game over for Ethereum.

Disadvantages of Solidity

Other disadvantages may be that it's a very young language and therefore unproven. Also there is very little documentation available, and even less developers know this language.

On the blockchain

You are mixing up different things now. You download the Bitcoin client also from an HTTP link. However it "cannot be corrupted, can be audited, cannot be changed, can reach consensus". That means all these important properties you mention are also valid for Lisk. If you change a dapp code, your node will end up on a fork. Same as if you change the Bitcoin code.

The HTTP link is only the way to distribute a dapp source code. Later on we will integrate decentralized storage methods (e.g. IPFS), so the distribution itself can be decentralized as well.

However, the distribution model doesn't define if an application is centralized or decentralized. Or do you say that every crypto-currency on the market is centralized? Because you download the clients from a centralized location? If yes, then how can Ethereum dapps even be decentralized, if the network itself is centralized? Wink

Your line of arguments is wrong here. Another important fact is, that this method allows Lisk to scale massively easier than Ethereum. Besides the huge advantages our sidechains already bring to the table.

I don't know much about Crypti, but they did have a presale and they did get a decent amount of money (at least $200k USD) but I can't find the exact figures because everything has been wiped. Nothing came of Crypti. Literally. So...that's scary. The lack of transparency, also scary.

We are not associated with Crypti anymore. However, saying that everything is wiped and that there is no transparency is a huge lie. There are over 600 pages on Bitcointalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463) and dozens of blog posts (https://blog.crypti.me) which contain ALL information.

Additionally, if you say that "nothing came of Crypti" then you are completely wrong. Crypti developed a working dapp platform, the huge success of Lisk is proving this. The only thing which just didn't work at Crypti was marketing. That means nobody knows about Crypti. There was also a big lack of leadership at Crypti.

So I guess the main difference I want to point out between Ethereum and Lisk here is that Lisk is two guys who rebranded a previous coin that had a presale and delivered nothing while Ethereum has Vitalik Buterin, a large team of well-known, community-engaged, crazy talented developers, and a large community of developers creating Dapp and third-party wallets and hardware wallets and all sorts of amazing stuff. I mean, look at Augur, Slock.it, and ConsenSys alone. It's crazy!

Yes, I'm glad that those two guys at Google never started their company because there were so many great search engines back then with hundreds of employees. Smiley

Don't understand me wrong, I like Ethereum and the whole team/movement behind it. I'm a big supporter. But you are just refusing innovation at this point of time. You are comparing a 2 years old platform (Ethereum) with 18M in fundings, with a not even launched platform (Lisk) with no access to the funding as of yet. That's kind of silly.

Another key difference is Ethereum has the Ethereum Foundation, a non-profit Swiss organization and Lisk has....an unknown foundation / company associated with it.

Everyone at Lisk knows that we are in the process of creating a legal entity in Germany, most probably as a gGmbH. This is also a non-profit organisation structure.

One final note: Lisk really likes to claim they have partnerships with big names. First it was ShapeShift. Now it is Microsoft. They loooove to use that partnership word. In reality, they were just using the Shifty button, not really a partnership.

We had a technologic partnership with ShapeShift. It was a big mis-understanding at that time. They already fixed that mistake.

All in all, I would like to say that your points are quite weak. You didn't point out the biggest weaknesses of Lisk. In my opinion this is sidechain security. That means small dapps probably won't have a chance long-term to attract enough nodes to secure them.

For this I suspect that there will be special dapps, who will run smaller dapps in a SaaS way. Until we implemented a sidechain forging marketplace, finding sidechain forgers is also quite a difficult task. However, these are all just starting problems. Everything is solvable. At the end of the day Lisk is just software which is actively developed.

It's important to mention that Lisk just gets started and we are already making big changes. At this point of time it's just to early to evaluate Lisk and the team (us) behind it. You should just wait for a year before making a final conclusion. All arguments right now just look like you are afraid. Personally, I think there is far more than enough room for Ethereum and Lisk. In the end we are solving the "problems" very differently and are attracting different niches.

I hope that Ethereum and Lisk can work together in the future in order to solve important problems within the dapp and blockchain industry. I say it again, we are in this "game" together.
http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2104/how-does-lisk-differ-from-ethereum
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:45:54 PM

900 here we come!!!  Grin

Looking forward to Lisk launch!
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:47:04 PM

25% dump
54% pump
21% > $ETH launch price
New vote
25%< 0.00018
20%> 0.0005
34%> 0.001
21%> $ETH

nothing gonna stop us now
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:47:26 PM

I really doubt that this price will stay. At the moment this is just a pure bubble. With 100 000 000 coins, well maybe a bit less, do you think that the market will be able to absorb all the sell stress that will be put on it ?

Number of coins doesnt matter. Ethereum proved that. At current price (prob inflated by small market) Lisk is still at $120 million marker cap. Ethereum hit $1.6 BILLION a few weeks ago. I make no assumptions that this price is a bubble that will deflate.

I expect intro at around $2, and hard swings between $1.50-$5 for a few weeks. No reason we won't stabilize around $3-$5 considering ETH at $10+

lets convert this bullshit into reality

bullshit translation

inrto at $2 = $200,MILLION Market cap
swings between $1.50-$5 = $150 MILLION - $500,000,000 MILLION Market Cap

no reason it can't stablize around $3-$5 = $300 MILLION - $500 MILLION

now its written in plain english not bullshit you decide

So what? The numbers are big, so it's impossible? That conclusion feels like an ork in the warhammer 40,000 world made it!  Grin

Note that the whole cryptocurrency market is worth a few billion USDs right now, and IMHO it's a very small number compared to the potential of cryptocurrency. Many small-time companies that are unheard of for many of us, are worth more than the whole cryptocurrency market right now.

I don't expect lisk to be $10 in the first day, but I believe It's up to good cryptos to make the market bigger, and I hope lisk will be one of them.  Smiley

there will be the first multi billion dollar blockchain company. based on the market it is aiming to disrupt it could be Lisk.
LiskYork

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:54:03 PM

Hope bittrex so i could sell all and buy DAO ico(130 millions).
I think 90% of lisk holder will dump to buy DAO.

Maybe i will buy later lisk, but priority is DAO now.

It won't make too much sense to dump Lisk to buy DAO. DAO is very expensive now and will become more expensive every day. The marketcap is very high ($162 Mio) and even if it's a very interesting and innovative idea, it's safe to say: There will be problems. Why? There is a conflict of interest in the concept.

Imagine you have a lot of DAO and most DAO-holders also have a lot of ETH. There is a proposal you believe would be a good decision, but you know: If you a majority would vote for it, DAO will invest and that means: sell. DAO will sell ETH or will give ETH to a project to invest in it. That means it will lose Marketcap until there is a return. ETH will most likely also go down because ppl will anticipate sell pressure if a proposal goes through. How many will vote for a longterm-decision that still involves a lot of risk and take the loss in short-term because DAO needs to sell?

And why should DAO be worth more on the exchange than the money it has? Because they will make a lot of money?

Let's say they start with $180 Mio and DAO invests in a project, like slock.it or whatever. And let's say DAO invests $10 Mio. How much time will it take to make profit? And will there be profit? And even if, will it be that much profit to justify prices above a current marketcap?

The question in DAO is: Who will definitely benefit? Those who will get money from DAO. That's safe. Nothing else is safe.

Plus: Why should I give my money to an "institution" in which a majority will decide - or those with the biggest voting power? I like it more to make my own research, my own analysis and my own decisions. I don't trust a majority and I don't trust groups with a lot of power. And like I said above: The majority will always have to face a conflict of interest between short-term-loss and possible long-term-profit - which will always involve the risk that there won't be any profit but a loss.

Conclusion: In my opinion DAO is very interesting and will be interesting to watch. There will be much to learn out of it. But out of investor-perspective... I don't understand why so many believe it's a good buy.

I agree it makes no sense to get into the DAO right now (at least via selling LISK). But I'm not sure your conflict of interest holds water.
And let me state I am interested in both the DAO and LISK (and a few other ICO's) and I look forward to LISK having its own DAO as well.

If there is a proposal for a DAO investment that is accepted, why would: 1 - they invest in a project with a far out return that can hurt them? (They would have to manage this.) 2 - they invest in a project that is just going to cash out the ETH? (Look at ETH and BTC both, many of those with lots of "tokens" used those tokens by investing in other companies and those "tokens" were often passed on as such, not necessarily cashed in. This is money after all.
I think you are looking at this from one perspective. You did not take into consideration that the voters of the DAO will HAVE TO consider the points you brought up and if they do and still vote on it, it will have to be for a good reason.  

You describe something like an ideal scenario in which I don't believe. The majority won't even vote for or against a proposal, just hoping for higher prices on the exchange. And the majority of those who will vote will mostly follow the marketing of the leaders. It's very likely that a group will have a lot of power and a lot of influence and make decisions out of own interest. That's totally normal and we see it every where. DAO won't be different but it will involve some more risks.

I really think it is a weak argument to primarily look at the first of its kind type of thing in the DAO, purely from a one sided perspective as you did. I'm not saying your arguments have no truth to them as they do, but you only presented that one side and it is clear to anyone who understands this tech, that you just focused on that one side and that distorts the argument of course, as you present it as the data set and not a part of a larger one.
You say "who understands this tech" but I don't speak about the tech. I see the tech as another risk, but I mainly focus on the "social-experiment-part". And some dynamics are predictable.

The DAO's value can be worth more than the money it has in it for a variety of reasons. The most obvious would be something along the lines of a PE ratio, which is forward looking. The DAO (or a DAO on LISK too) allows people to crowdfund in an incredible flexible way, removing the normal borders. Another reason would be one of a lack of regulation due to the before mentioned reason (And I would imagine this can of course be a negative as well.)
Under the line DAO needs to make money. And if that works out, the price will also rise above the real marketcap because ppl would begin to anticipate success. Nothing else will be real.

Nothing here is safe, huge chance but we are talking another Black Swan type thing here. We know not what it can do and all that it can disrupt.
Black Swans are unexpected events and therefore not predictable. Conflicts in DAO are predictable. It's not safe to predict if DAO will become successful or not, but the conflict in interest is obvious. DAO will have impact on ETH and the ETH-price is the main-factor for the value of DAO. It's even possible that it will be all good with DAO's decisions but problems in Ethereum and a falling ETH-price would lower the DAO-value. It's also possible that everything is good with Ethereum and DAO will invest in a very good project but the selling of DAO/ETH will have impact on the price, maybe just out of psychological reasons (anticipation of selling). Remember the Bitcoin-price after the Ethereum-ICO. Everytime they just moved some Bitcoins the price went down. And the DAO-marketcap is 5 times or even more above the ETH-ICO-value (I believe Ethereum made about $30 Mio in the ICO, but not sure if correct).

Re. Plus - Invest in what you like, but don't make your personal opinions one of reason for the rest. Crowds generally decide much better than individuals do. You can see this trend across many spaces and I'm not exactly sure why but it is there. But that is your reason right there. Another one would be -  If you are not an institutional investor (i.e. rich) you can't invest in many things. Economic discrimination, I mean protection. lol
Like everybody else I just write my own opinion. I don't say that anybody else should make decisions based on my arguments. One of my opinions is btw: I don't believe that Crowds generally decide much better than individuals. Especially in Crypto we often saw the opposite.

I agree with your conclusion though.  Grin
Many ways lead to rome! Grin

My point is that your argument was one sided and that in and of itself isn't bad, but you spoke of it as being "Gospel".

True, Rome here we come...

Why to sell our precios Lisk for DAO if in the next 4 months we will have iur own one 😎
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:59:04 PM

I wont sell 99 percent of my lisk for a long time but I will sell just one percent just for fun tomorrow.If I want to sell do I have to transfer lisk from lisk.io to my local pc and then from pc to exchange or can I go directly from lisk.io to exchange?
00lakhwinder00

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 04:40:39 PM by 00lakhwinder00

PAGE 899 hope we see 1000 soon.

atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:05:31 PM

I wont sell 99 percent of my lisk for a long time but I will sell just one percent just for fun tomorrow.If I want to sell do I have to transfer lisk from lisk.io to my local pc and then from pc to exchange or can I go directly from lisk.io to exchange?

Wait release a guide !

MGM

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:08:11 PM

900 Pages !

How many pages should you read to catch up ?

lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:08:33 PM

is getting hotter here every page...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 04:12:05 PM

is getting hotter here every page...

_@/'
dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:13:18 PM

It's so hot, even the links burn.
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 04:13:30 PM

after launch into 10 minutes 0.015btc - 0.02 btc this is my prediction

MGM

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:14:20 PM

1984: Apple II brings personal computers to every home.
2016: Lisk brings Blockchain Apps to every personal computer.

Watch the similarities: https://youtu.be/prstbP2cG6M?t=10m35s

Flomess

Activity: 705

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:21:21 PM

900 here we come!!!  Grin

Looking forward to Lisk launch!

900 Pages before the coin is even launched, wow.
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:22:54 PM

25% dump
54% pump
21% > $ETH launch price
New vote
25%< 0.00018
20%> 0.0005
34%> 0.001
21%> $ETH

25% think less than ico price... cray cray... but i can only hope to pick up those cheap ones before the mad man pump

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Pages: « 1 ... 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 [881] 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: