Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 [2027] 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073029 times)
lokojones

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

Judging base on youtube news I can say on think: Lisk in f..ng hot right now...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArkMage

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:58:08 PM

price is so low.. time for buying  Grin
The price is 130% higher than it was on June 1st...
Really, now is the time  Grin Grin Grin
To buy at .00125 and to sell then at 0.0005 BTC

Why are you so pessimistic? All tokens that can carry ICO rise in price a lot now. ETH, waves, wings... LISK Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
leto.atreides

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 07:12:34 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 07:38:14 AM by leto.atreides

Feeling lucky?
You have the chance to test that feeling by voting lisk hardcore delegates:Isabella, atreides, Wannabe_rotebaron and win in LISK first raffle. Once you vote, you have a chance to win one of the 3 prizes of our raffle: 1st draw: 1500 Lisk(~4500 USD); 2nd draw: 900 Lisk(~2700 USD); 3rd draw: 600 Lisk (~1800 USD) .
Each month, by end of month, we will use random.org to draw 3 lucky winners using the addresses that vote for us.
We are long time time delegates, Isabella is part of lisk team, atreides is Romanian Lisk Ambassador and wannabe_rotebaron is an IT security penetration tester.

• Since February 2016, we developed tools, scripts, and tutorials
  • Donated for various Lisk initiatives
  • Organized meetups
  • Had Lisk as sponsor to various events like: StartupWeekend Bucharest, StartupWeekend Timisoara, JS Dev Meetups
  • Panelist at blockchain conferrences
  • Organising blockchain meetups
  • Testnet alpha team, dry running latest versions of lisk
  • Spreading the word about Lisk, sponsoring conference tickets for JS developers, buying and distributing books about developing DAPPS

*this list is not exhaustive and there are much more initiatives and actions we took in promoting lisk since ICO ended;
*the value of prizes in USD might be slightly different, depending on the lisk value at the moment of the draw. We used the USD just to give a perspective on the value of the prizes;
*no registrations required. We will use the voting history to list all the cast votes;
*to be eligible you are supposed to keep your vote for all three delegates until next draw(end of each month);
*the already casted votes are eligible;
*we will announce the winners on bitcointalk and also on lisk chat;
*you need to vote for all 3 of us;
yugu

Activity: 238

^_^

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:26:22 AM

price is so low.. time for buying  Grin
Really, now is the time  Grin Grin Grin

Why are you so pessimistic? All tokens that can carry ICO rise in price a lot now. ETH, waves, wings... LISK Smiley
I am not that pessimistic, just stated that price has risen, but nothing changed with platform from those times.
You can say: it's perspective one and everything is growing, market is booming.
But. The competition among similar platforms is increasing as well.
And Javascript is not the best option available.

CHANGE — First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank | ICO | DISCUSSION
ArkMage

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:55:02 AM

price is so low.. time for buying  Grin
Really, now is the time  Grin Grin Grin

I am not that pessimistic, just stated that price has risen, but nothing changed with platform from those times.
You can say: it's perspective one and everything is growing, market is booming.
But. The competition among similar platforms is increasing as well.
And Javascript is not the best option available.

I agree, LISK needs more to hold the value and make it rise. Some unique ICO projects will work really good IMO, I hope there will be some of them coming!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
sgdias

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

Hi everybody ! I'm doing 30% profit share with ALL VOTERS (limited to 1 million weight for the reward calculation).

I'm also donating 5% of forged lisks for initiatives helping the ecosystem growth.

Check the pool policy for further details: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1458&p=10795#p10795

Chech my past donations here: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1302&hilit=sgdias

I'm currently at rank 97, don't miss the voting reward ! Vote for sgdias !!
lokojones

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:23:24 AM

Quick question: let say I got 20k of lisk, if I vote for 4 delegates is this mean, each of them receives 5k worth of votes?
Follow this logic, if one them payout 90% only the 5K will part of this share and the rest of my votes 15k get zero if others delegates don't share their stake?

thanks

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Communications Lead

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:35:08 AM

Tokensummit 2017 through the eyes of a non-developer

After three consecutive days at Consensus, it was time to get ready for the next conference of the week: Tokensummit 2017. The timing couldn’t have been better as both events were held in the same week. Many attendees of Consensus could just stay longer in New York and attend both. On the evening before the start of Tokensummit 2017, a pre-event was organised where Max Kordek and myself attended. This event facilitated meetings with the speakers and organizers. Although the location of the pre-event was quite fancy, the audience of Tokensummit was clearly more informal and less corporate than what we had seen during Consensus.

William Mougayar did a great job organising the first edition of Tokensummit

Next morning, the sunny weather had been replaced by rain while we were heading towards the auditorium of the New York University. The first edition of Tokensummit was clearly sold-out. Rumour was that tickets were sold way above normal price and that people without ticket gathered at the Starbucks around the corner, organising their own mini conference. Tokensummit was mostly about panel discussions featuring over 40 experts and 15 sessions interrupted by short breaks and lunch. The Blockchain experts elaborated on topics such as business models, legal and governance, Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), token funds and future predictions.

Tokensummit 2017 focused on the business models behind tokens

Emphasis on Blockchain use cases
Organizer and venture capitalist William Mougayar kicked off by saying that the focus of Tokensummit would be on the businesses behind cryptocurrencies. Co-organizer Nick Tomaino (Runa Capital, The Control) added that token valuation is the main interest of traders outside the Blockchain space but that most people attending Tokensummit are aiming to benefit from long-term success of the industry. However, a small question round revealed that nearly everybody in the audience held cryptocurrencies, but only a few held them for their utility or use cases.

Discussing the concept of getting paid for your attention

Talks on ICOs
According to panellist Brian Lio (Smith + Crown), the amount raised during ICOs in 2017 has already outperformed 2016, including seed and Series A venture funding. Alex Sunnarborg (CoinDesk) added that currently every single crypto project in the top 100 has a valuation of over $10M, which is remarkable. In contrast to ICOs, receiving traditional seed and Series A funding is quite difficult as it requires start-ups to display traction and revenue streams. With ICOs as new funding mechanism, more projects have access to money while the public has more opportunities to participate in projects with great potential. However, the comparison with traditional VC funding is not completely valid. Sid Kalla (Smith + Crown) pointed out that the differentiating factor of using Blockchain technology also asks for a different way of funding. He said that those projects generally need an ICO just for distribution. For most projects, the broad distribution of their tokens is a necessity for the network to succeed. Those projects wouldn’t even consider giving VCs a substantial number of tokens in return for funding. Although I agree with his reasoning, fair distribution is unfortunately not always the case. Driven by massive ROI, we see a trend where more and more venture capitalists want a piece of that pie. Most (private) ICO participants simply don’t have the financial power to pay for high transaction fees to compete with huge investors. The result is that many (smaller) investors are excluded and a broad distribution fails. One solution could be a capped amount one person can invest, which raises other challenges to tackle such as people using multiple wallets at a time and conflicts with private investor deals.

Brendan Eich (CEO Brave): “Thumbs up for JavaScript!”

Pitching sessions
Spread over two sessions, several well-known projects such as Aragon pitched their concepts. Others took the opportunity to campaign for their upcoming ICO, including Civic, Tezos and 0x project. Interesting fact is that Tezos, like Lisk, is running a delegated proof-of-stake consensus. The big announcement of the day came from outside the Blockchain space. Chat application Kik with over 300 million users revealed their plans to launch a custom token. This is a great example of how tech companies can utilize Blockchain technology and accelerate the adoption of this technology by the public.

Spotted! Lisk stickers make their way towards the fans

Debate
Towards the end, fireside chats were held to recap and reflect. Nick Tomaino and William Mougayar went into debate with respectively Brian Armstrong (Coinbase) and Fred Wilson (Union Square Ventures). Wilson made clear that ICOs are not just a way of initially funding a company, but that the token is also the native monetization model of the business. He added that if a project is doing well, the utility value of the network goes up and as a result the token value would rise. In other words, start-ups might give away a lot of their tokens in return for initial funding, but the small number of tokens they keep should increase substantially in value over time, incentivising the founders to make the project a success. For Lisk, this is definitely the case. The future potential of the Lisk project makes us sell Bitcoins to finance operations rather than LSK tokens. Wilson concluded:

It doesn’t feel right to spend something that is going up in value.

We collected a lot of merchandise for the team back home

Although the day was long and intense, most were still filled with energy and inspiration to continue exchanging thoughts after the event in a bar close by. Our stay abroad gave us great new insights and inspiration to continue building on the Lisk project. For me personally, both conferences contributed to my steep learning curve since I entered the Blockchain space. Once more, it became clear to me that Blockchain technology has great potential. Together with the rest of Lisk, it is my task to accelerate the adoption of Blockchain technology by providing the right tools and support to enable developers to create stunning Blockchain applications that soon will provide value for millions of people across the globe.

Original Blog Post

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:39:39 AM

Quick question: let say I got 20k of lisk, if I vote for 4 delegates is this mean, each of them receives 5k worth of votes?
Follow this logic, if one them payout 90% only the 5K will part of this share and the rest of my votes 15k get zero if others delegates don't share their stake?

thanks

All four delegates will get 20k of your Lisk as weight.  This is why you should vote for ALL pools with your 20k to earn more.

-tb-

randomben

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:29:47 AM

There was any news anymore coming soon out about lisk?
yugu

Activity: 238

^_^

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

Some unique ICO projects will work really good IMO, I hope there will be some of them coming!
Are there any on horizon? Could you name some of them? Which ICOs or in what way could they be treated as unique to those being massively launched on ethereum platform atm?  Huh

CHANGE — First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank | ICO | DISCUSSION
LiskPro.com

Activity: 245
Merit: 124

We love blockchain !

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:56:57 AM

thanks

Let say you have 1000 LSK.
You have to spend 1 LSK for max 33 delegates vote.
So each of the 33 delegates will receive (1000-1) 999 votes.

Please considere voting for a real, great and bankable delegate : LiskPro.com

Let's go to the moon.
leto.atreides

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 12:31:00 PM

thanks

Please consider voting for a real, great and bankable delegate : LiskPro.com

liskpro,your example is wrong. In the case he would like to use his all 101 votes, this means that he will spend only 3 lisk (even if there are scripts available to vote more than 33 once) and he would have voted for all the pools, and the amount of the rewards would have be higher than voting just for you.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:58:36 PM

Guys I've never been interested at all about voting etc. probably because I don't have the technical knowledge to become a delegate. I prefered to spend my time understanding other aspects of the cryptoworld.
So can you please explain me in a very simple way how voting works?
Let's say I have 1000 LSK stored on a wallet. What can I do with it? What kind of return on investment can I expect in the short, middle, long term?
Thanks in advance for your explanation.
LiskPro.com

We love blockchain !

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:03:40 PM

thanks

liskpro,your example is wrong. In the case he would like to use his all 101 votes, this means that he will spend only 3 lisk (even if there are scripts available to vote more than 33 once) and he would have voted for all the pools, and the amount of the rewards would have be higher than voting just for you.

Did not read he would like to vote all the 101 delegates ...
My exemple is not wrong Smiley

For the 33 first votes : 1000 LSK -1 for voting = each 33 receive 999 LSK
Next vote for 33 : 999 LSK -1 for voting ...
And so on.

And by the way, I did not ask to vote ONLY for me ... But to vote for me including 32 other delegates using 1 LSK.

Let's go to the moon.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:07:11 PM

thanks

Correct, vote for all active pools and sit back and collect your Lisk.  So liskpro.com is real and maybe great but not bankable at the moment as it is on standby so voting for it will get you nothing.   Grin

-tb-

LiskPro.com

We love blockchain !

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

thanks

Correct, vote for all active pools and sit back and collect your Lisk.  So liskpro.com is real and maybe great but not bankable at the moment as it is on standby so voting for it will get you nothing.   Grin

-tb-

It's true ... for the moment, we cannot reward. So we're not bankable. But how could we be if no one vote for us ? Sad situation ?
So we hope to get a vote when people select their favourites delegates.

Let's go to the moon.
LiskPro.com

We love blockchain !

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:02:24 PM

Guys I've never been interested at all about voting etc. probably because I don't have the technical knowledge to become a delegate. I prefered to spend my time understanding other aspects of the cryptoworld.
Let's say I have 1000 LSK stored on a wallet. What can I do with it? What kind of return on investment can I expect in the short, middle, long term?

To vote, you need a wallet and an access to a public node on the Lisk Community.
Be sure you choose a secure node (at least HTTPS) : https://main.liskwallet.io/

All node are not public available. For exemple, our node : liskpro.com is no public.

So :
- connect to the node
- Enter your secret passphrase (the one with your 1000 LSK)
- Go to BlockChain
- Choose 33 delegates (please consider including us : liskpro.com)
- Up-Left - select VOTE.

You're done ! You have with 1 LSK for 33 delegates.
Your return depends on the payback delegate policy. Between 20% and 90% of 12.500 LSK per month (calculate based on your voting weight).
Ex : here : https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1524&p=11283#p11283 - Read only the "Our Proposal"

Hope my explaination are clear for you !

Let's go to the moon.
leto.atreides

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 02:08:11 PM

Guys I've never been interested at all about voting etc. probably because I don't have the technical knowledge to become a delegate. I preferred to spend my time understanding other aspects of the cryptoworld.
There is a pool calculator that offers you an approximate amount of what your reward would be if you vote for pools. If you're looking for quantifiable rewards.
You can also vote and thus support hard working delegates, that even if they are not sharing as pools do, they are working hard on making your stake in lisk more valuable than a few more coins. Maybe the best answer is to vote for pools and hard working delegates, to get the best of two worlds.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:34:17 PM

Lisk Core 0.9.0 will be available today, in 4-5 hours from now.
In the mean time, don't forget to participate in first Lisk raffle by voting Isabella, atreides, wannabe_rotebaron

w=543&s=b9a7f5763139c140d4bc9f0df4dadf51[/img][/center]

such a drama free begging for votes. you have my vote. and i hope that i win a few coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 [2027] 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: