Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of S.DICE  (Read 12207 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:13:27 AM

Theirs more S.DICE Shares to be bought on havelockinvestments.com

but they are kinda over priced.... 0.48BTC for 1 unit (which represents 95 S.DICE shares)

... damn do i hit the buy button  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:57:49 AM

on havelockinvestments.com

Why not just use MPEx?

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:59:50 AM

on havelockinvestments.com

Why not just use MPEx?

i think it costs 30BTC just to open an account? and I don't know how to use their PGP thing...

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 04:15:30 AM

not sure why mpex.co makes it so god damn hard to trade...
and basically encourage passthru's

and I hope the market naturally moves to a "smooth platform" like havelock

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:30:02 AM

i think it costs 30BTC just to open an account? and I don't know how to use their PGP thing...

It's worth pointing out that MPEx openly admit they use this strategy as a means of selecting their customer-base.  It's actually not unusual in the world of conventional financial services to target certain customers and exclude others from dealing with you directly by imposing minimum investment requirements, offering your product only to sophisticated investors, etc.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 04:49:49 AM

Sending an order works like this : you clearsign your order (gpg --clearsign), then you encrypt the result with the exchange's public key (gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921). If you don't have that key try gpg --search-keys 'F1B69921'. The exchange answers with a signed message encrypted with your own public key, which you can decrypt at will. You don't have to use the web interface at all, you can POST directly to the script (via for instance curl).

If that didn't make any sense to you :

Open up a terminal. On Ubuntu you press Ctrl+Alt+T. On Os/X (Macs) you navigate to /Applications/Utilities and double-click on Terminal. In Windows you click Start > Run > cmd.exe.

Type gpg --clearsign, hit Enter. If it complains that it can't find gpg, you have to navigate to the directory where you have it installed. If you have ever identified with gribble you certainly have it installed. If you never did, aren't part of the WOT etc you should go get it right now. Trying to be part of a cryptocurrency without knowing how to use gpg is like trying to be part of the 60s without knowing how to use a bong. If you're on Windows this is a good place to start. Also make sure you read the documentation, for instance here.

Type your passphrases if prompted for it, hit Enter. Don't panic if nothing seems to happen and you just get a blinky cursor, this is RMS-style user interface.

Type your command for MPEx, such as STAT, then hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again. (On some systems such as Windows this might be Ctrl-z instead. Whatever EOF is on your system, that's what you need.)

Type gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921, hit Enter.

If prompted for confirmation on whether to trust the key press y, hit Enter. This means you haven't signed the key, please do so (type gpg --sign-key F1B69921 hit Enter then gpg --send-key F1B69921 hit Enter.).

Paste the clearsigned message from before. Get the whole thing, don't just copy the signature block. It starts with "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----". Hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

Paste the gnarly result into the MPEx box, "Output as html" checked (it's checked by default).

Copy the resulting message.

Go back to terminal, type gpg, hit Enter.

Paste message, Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

If prompted for passphrase type it in, hit Enter. It'll pop up your sig info, hit Ctrl-d.

At this point you are looking at the exchange's response. If it complains that you pasted mangled output you probably didn't correctly copy/paste things. If it doesn't complain then congratulations! You've made it.

omg this is crazy.... Cheesy

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:47:23 AM

Sending an order works like this : you clearsign your order (gpg --clearsign), then you encrypt the result with the exchange's public key (gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921). If you don't have that key try gpg --search-keys 'F1B69921'. The exchange answers with a signed message encrypted with your own public key, which you can decrypt at will. You don't have to use the web interface at all, you can POST directly to the script (via for instance curl).

If that didn't make any sense to you :

Open up a terminal. On Ubuntu you press Ctrl+Alt+T. On Os/X (Macs) you navigate to /Applications/Utilities and double-click on Terminal. In Windows you click Start > Run > cmd.exe.

Type gpg --clearsign, hit Enter. If it complains that it can't find gpg, you have to navigate to the directory where you have it installed. If you have ever identified with gribble you certainly have it installed. If you never did, aren't part of the WOT etc you should go get it right now. Trying to be part of a cryptocurrency without knowing how to use gpg is like trying to be part of the 60s without knowing how to use a bong. If you're on Windows this is a good place to start. Also make sure you read the documentation, for instance here.

Type your passphrases if prompted for it, hit Enter. Don't panic if nothing seems to happen and you just get a blinky cursor, this is RMS-style user interface.

Type your command for MPEx, such as STAT, then hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again. (On some systems such as Windows this might be Ctrl-z instead. Whatever EOF is on your system, that's what you need.)

Type gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921, hit Enter.

If prompted for confirmation on whether to trust the key press y, hit Enter. This means you haven't signed the key, please do so (type gpg --sign-key F1B69921 hit Enter then gpg --send-key F1B69921 hit Enter.).

Paste the clearsigned message from before. Get the whole thing, don't just copy the signature block. It starts with "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----". Hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

Paste the gnarly result into the MPEx box, "Output as html" checked (it's checked by default).

Copy the resulting message.

Go back to terminal, type gpg, hit Enter.

Paste message, Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

If prompted for passphrase type it in, hit Enter. It'll pop up your sig info, hit Ctrl-d.

At this point you are looking at the exchange's response. If it complains that you pasted mangled output you probably didn't correctly copy/paste things. If it doesn't complain then congratulations! You've made it.

omg this is crazy.... Cheesy

PGP is really not as complicated as it sounds and well worth the effort to learn.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Grant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:46:01 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 11:18:54 AM by Grant

PONZI! and not just any Ponzi, a low yield Ponzi...

its not bad returns... but like wtf do they do?

For being a ponzi they're pretty damn sustainable one (several of their funds returned beyond 100% on initial investment), they been running since 2007.

As for what BFRF does, you can find it here (scroll down): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/topics/127

It basically forwards 1%/mo of Pyramining returns (while keeping anything beyond 1% for themselves).
eliale

Activity: 838
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 11:25:01 AM

PONZI! and not just any Ponzi, a low yield Ponzi...

its not bad returns... but like wtf do they do?

For being a ponzi they're pretty damn sustainable one (several of their funds returned beyond 100% on initial investment), they been running since 2007.

As for what BFRF does, you can find it here (scroll down): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/topics/127

It basically forwards 1% of Pyramining returns (while keeping anything beyond 1% for themselves).

Thank you Grant for the important explanation about us!

The Rock, as mentioned, has been in  the virtual business since year 2007.  We started in Second Life and we are now gradually moving into the Bitcoin world.

Among various activities we do have a Currency Exchange:

https://www.therocktrading.com/en/exchange/currency

As far as BFRF, it is a bond issued in BTC for a total of 1000 units.  It pays 1% fixed monthly return and it is tradable at our Stock Exchange at:

https://www.therocktrading.com/en/offers/BFRF

All 1000 btc are invested into Pyramining project:

http://www.pyramining.com/

from which we receive investment payments, we do provide insurance coverage for investors utilizing our referrals (https://www.therocktrading.com/en/pages/pyramining)  and buyback opportunity for those interested in getting out of the project.

Please note that we do reserve the right to call back the Bonds at 1 BTC per unit

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:  info@therocktrading.com

Thank you!

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:47:48 PM

but they are kinda over priced.... 0.48BTC for 1 unit (which represents 95 S.DICE shares)

Not quite overpriced. 0.0048 is the largest wall on MPEx with 335k shares being sold...anything under that is sub 5,000 shares. At 0.48BTC a share, we're purchasing essentially everything under the .0048 mark and some of the .0048 (which is why the offering price is now .48 BTC per 100 shares).

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 04:01:36 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 04:28:24 PM by adamstgBit

Not quite overpriced. 0.0048 is the largest wall on MPEx with 335k shares being sold...anything under that is sub 5,000 shares. At 0.48BTC a share, we're purchasing essentially everything under the .0048 mark and some of the .0048 (which is why the offering price is now .48 BTC per 100 shares).

well 1 unit = 100 shares that pay 95% of wtv MPEx pays the fund...
and the lil bit about this 95% being reviewed ever 3 months is kinda scary
I would like them to removed that and agree to give us at least 95% or 90% forever?

they make ~5% profit on the sell of the shares because they are at a slightly higher rate and they make 5% off ever dividend

that's fine, that's the cost of the pass through... but can't they agree to have that 95% fixed in stone?

lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:10:32 PM

well 1 unit = 100 shares that pay 95% of wtv MPEx pays the fund...
and the lil bit about this 95% being reviewed ever 3 months is kinda scary
I would like them to removed that and agree to give us at least 95% or 90% forever?

they make ~5% profit on the sell of the shares because they are at a slightly higher rate and they make 5% off ever dividend

that's fine, that's the cost of the pass through... but can't they agree to have that 95% fixed in stone?

Hi, thanks for the feedback! The intent of the 95% being revisited every three months was to allow it to possibly be increased in favour of investors, not decreased. I should have been more clear on that. Ill update the description on the site shortly!

I've also got another update to post regarding the fund.. It'll go up shortly!

Cheers,
 James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

Hi, thanks for the feedback! The intent of the 95% being revisited every three months was to allow it to possibly be increased in favour of investors, not decreased. I should have been more clear on that. Ill update the description on the site shortly!

Cheers,
 James

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares. Then customers have the option to switch to that if MPEX ever switches to a pricing structure the customer can agree with (my opinion: MPEX is retarded, PGP is not a show stopper for me paying 30 BTC for an account is) or S.DICE sells shares on another exchange as well (May be a ADR on NASDAQ in a couple of years Wink).
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:35:48 PM

Cheers,
 James

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares. Then customers have the option to switch to that if MPEX ever switches to a pricing structure the customer can agree with (my opinion: MPEX is retarded, PGP is not a show stopper for me paying 30 BTC for an account is) or S.DICE sells shares on another exchange as well (May be a ADR on NASDAQ in a couple of years Wink).

I don't think MPEX  allows the transfer of shares privately from one user to the other.

anyway its not important to me, the independent S.DICE market on havelock is sufficient.

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:53:59 PM

not sure why mpex.co makes it so god damn hard to trade...
and basically encourage passthru's

and I hope the market naturally moves to a "smooth platform" like havelock

Obviously, they don't mind it being difficult because it is simpler for them, makes the coding simpler and therefore easier to keep secure. The added bonus is that with pass-through brokers popping up, there is much less customer service for them to do, since only the people who actually know what they are doing use MPEx, the dabblers and tech un-savy send all the inane questions to the brokers.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 07:14:07 PM

Cheers,
 James

Interesting idea! Ill take a look into that and work out some numbers. Doing a conversion like that (if even possible with mpex) would be a manual process so there'd likely have to be a fee associated with it.

DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

I don't think MPEX  allows the transfer of shares privately from one user to the other.

Of course it does, read the FAQ, its the PUSH command.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:58:14 PM

It's worth pointing out that MPEx openly admit they use this strategy as a means of selecting their customer-base.  It's actually not unusual in the world of conventional financial services to target certain customers and exclude others from dealing with you directly by imposing minimum investment requirements, offering your product only to sophisticated investors, etc.

Not only is it commonplace, it's actually legally required in most jurisdictions.

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares.

IIRC this is how DeadTerra's passthrough works.

Insistently and persistently read the FAQ.

Other than that, the market already naturally moved. Fortunately for BTC and I guess unfortunately for you, the move was away from "smooth" markets, whatever the heck that means.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:10:19 PM

Other than that, the market already naturally moved. Fortunately for BTC and I guess unfortunately for you, the move was away from "smooth" markets, whatever the heck that means.

lightbox

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 09:40:25 PM

Of course it does, read the FAQ, its the PUSH command.

Excellent! I thought I saw it there somewhere!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: