Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:13:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of S.DICE  (Read 12207 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 11:33:32 AM

havelockinvestment.com SDICE IPO sold out again. You can now use the well-done market there to buy from other havelock users or go to MPEX, of course, if you want satoshi dice shares.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:40:02 PM

havelockinvestment.com SDICE IPO sold out again. You can now use the well-done market there to buy from other havelock users or go to MPEX, of course, if you want satoshi dice shares.

havelock will issue another IPO in about 30mins!

i kinda wish they would let the price rise on their market b4 issuing another "IPO"
I want to trade S.DICE on the market!

lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:45:12 PM

i kinda wish they would let the price rise on their market b4 issuing another "IPO"

Theoretically the price will never rise outside of a certain range from MPEX... If there's the demand we'll keep building the size of our passthru which will ultimately make trading SDICE on havelock more liquid.

Maybe after this round we'll hold off a few days to let things settle a bit.

Cheers,
 James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Theoretically the price will never rise outside of a certain range from MPEX... If there's the demand we'll keep building the size of our passthru which will ultimately make trading SDICE on havelock more liquid.

Cheers,
 James

well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )
your marketplace allows everyone to get in on the action, this means price will FOR SURE be above MPEX.
MPEX is like the supplier of shares, that you and a hand full of others re-sale, so the market price will have a premium for sure.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:24:58 PM

well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )
your marketplace allows everyone to get in on the action, this means price will FOR SURE be above MPEX.
MPEX is like the supplier of shares, that you and a hand full of others re-sale, so the market price will have a premium for sure.

I like to play this game, too: it can be extremely lucrative. But it wont work well in this case for the above-stated reasons... not before MPEX runs out of initial shares.

Of course havelock could exploit this situation for themselves and play a nice little game... but I doubt he/they will.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:01:21 PM

Cheers,
 James

Dood, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. S.DICE monthly volume is in the 40-50k BTC range. Math, srsly.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 06:03:16 PM

Cheers,
 James

well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )

Dood, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. S.DICE monthly volume is in the 40-50k BTC range. Math, srsly.

lol dude. you obliviously have more experience in this trading game...

But 30BTC for MPEX is a show stopper for many small investors.
are you saying havelock's new SDICE IPOs will have 0 efect to the exchange rate of MPEX SDICE.... lol
you wana bet havelock market will always be at least slightly higher then MPEX?  i do Grin

SDICE is a super good investment opportunity.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

It will likely be off due to liquidity difference, but that works in either direction.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

Actually, small investors should probably stick with school.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:43:40 PM

Conduct your business any way you choose, but please don't state such utter nonsense as facts.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:55:12 PM

Definitely...better to throw around 1,000 Bitcoins at a time when investing than testing the waters little by little with puny 5 Bitcoin investments  Roll Eyes

[/sarcasm]

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:45:08 AM

Some big investors should be sent back to school.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:16:23 AM

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

I know.

thats cool....

I don't plan on putting more then 20BTC in S.DICE... all thanks to https://www.havelockinvestments.com/  Smiley

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

If all I wanted to buy was S.DICE how much would I need to buy in order to make the mpex fee worth it vs using a pass through like on BitFunder or Havelock I wonder?

Doesn't make much difference currently. Seems on MPEX the price got pushed up, too. Assuming you had asked this a week ago: about 30 / (0.48-0.30) = 16700 shares. Today about: 30 / (0.478-0.46) = 1,500,000

DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:26:16 AM

If all I wanted to buy was S.DICE how much would I need to buy in order to make the mpex fee worth it vs using a pass through like on BitFunder or Havelock I wonder?

You lose 5% with both of those "pass throughs". Also check coinbr.com
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 07:34:52 PM

Theirs more S.DICE Shares to be bought on havelockinvestments.com

but they are kinda over priced.... 0.48BTC for 1 unit (which represents 95 S.DICE shares)

... damn do i hit the buy button  Undecided

Not quite overpriced. 0.0048 is the largest wall on MPEx with 335k shares being sold...anything under that is sub 5,000 shares. At 0.48BTC a share, we're purchasing essentially everything under the .0048 mark and some of the .0048 (which is why the offering price is now .48 BTC per 100 shares).

well 1 unit = 100 shares that pay 95% of wtv MPEx pays the fund...
and the lil bit about this 95% being reviewed ever 3 months is kinda scary
I would like them to removed that and agree to give us at least 95% or 90% forever?

they make ~5% profit on the sell of the shares because they are at a slightly higher rate and they make 5% off ever dividend

that's fine, that's the cost of the pass through... but can't they agree to have that 95% fixed in stone?

Cheesy

MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

Definitely...better to throw around 1,000 Bitcoins at a time when investing than testing the waters little by little with puny 5 Bitcoin investments  Roll Eyes

[/sarcasm]

There's a difference between small investors and small investments. Sarcasm works best when it doesn't backfire miserably.

Conduct your business any way you choose, but please don't state such utter nonsense as facts.

Context is your friend. What are you on about?

Fee is 30 BTC (25 if you use a referral).

If you trade 2-3k BTCs' worth in your entire account history, you've paid for it. If you're charged more than 1% to trade, it's going to take even less but in general as simple rule of thumb, if your total turnover is in the thousands range you should get an account. If not, no.

Doesn't make much difference currently. Seems on MPEX the price got pushed up, too. Assuming you had asked this a week ago: about 30 / (0.48-0.30) = 16700 shares. Today about: 30 / (0.478-0.46) = 1,500,000

That made zero sense. The difference between using MPEx and using a PT is the trade fee. MPEx charges 0.2% sell side only.

If you're trying to account for slippage that's going to be really very difficult to do, but if we go with the observed record (S.DICE pt on GLBSE was off by as much as 100% at times) anything over 100 BTC justifies an account on the liquid venue.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

Erm the statement right above my post? It's not rocket science. But let me spell it out.

Charging such a high one-time fee as the only way to conduct business (as opposed to a cheaper option for large customers) as opposed to a way of charging that is proportional to the use (aka a percentage on each trade) is a rather shortsighted way of conducting business but as I stated that is your right. Please, however, if you say silly things such as: "small investors should probably stick with school" because if no-one speaks against it it looks like we are agreeing with you and this might discourage people out of making investment proportional to their wealth.

Because of automation we no longer need much fixed costs (if any) for services such as these. You are making unnecessary artificial thresholds and creating inefficiencies in the market. Because of this I was rather disappointed with Eric Voorhees (who I hold in high regard) choosing MPEX for Satoshi Dice.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:28:04 PM

Erm the statement right above my post? It's not rocket science. But let me spell it out.

Charging such a high one-time fee as the only way to conduct business (as opposed to a cheaper option for large customers) as opposed to a way of charging that is proportional to the use (aka a percentage on each trade) is a rather shortsighted way of conducting business but as I stated that is your right. Please, however, if you say silly things such as: "small investors should probably stick with school" because if no-one speaks against it it looks like we are agreeing with you and this might discourage people out of making investment proportional to their wealth.

Because of automation we no longer need much fixed costs (if any) for services such as these. You are making unnecessary artificial thresholds and creating inefficiencies in the market. Because of this I was rather disappointed with Eric Voorhees (who I hold in high regard) choosing MPEX for Satoshi Dice.

Well the problems we encounter are many and varied. For one, a "should" could never be "a statement of fact". This distinction is about as old as bacon. For the other, you seem to have missed polysemy in my statement, and along with it a world of humor. Would you say "small child" denotes a short child or a young child?

All this proven incompetence in decoding messages aside, I very much doubt your discussion of "business" has any basis in fact whatsoever. Since I'm not terribly inclined to discuss business with Kramerica Industries scions, I guess we can leave this as it is.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: