Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Terminator A2MEGA Scrypt Miner (110 Mh/s) [SOLD] [BEWARE]  (Read 2923 times)
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Yes, I do.

As to your other question, yes that would be fine as long as it doesn't drag out for months or anything.  As long as we can sort a buyer within 30 days or so, that's cool.

That's very nice! Thank you for your answers so far.

Another question: after you receive the machine the funds would be cleared to me (minus expenses and your fee)? The reason I ask is that, although I must obviously trust you in the deal, I think it would make more sense if I wasn't responsible for your shipping and eventual issues with the buyer. I mean, after you verify the machine, will you become the person responsible for it?

Escrow will be released when the buyer confirms receipt and requests it be released, just as with any other escrowed transaction.  All that I'm doing is confirming that the miner works and isn't damaged, I'm not assuming ownership of it.

I will be shipping using a label that you or the buyer provide to me(this will need to be determined beforehand), I have no control over the package once it leaves my hands, so I cannot assume responsibility from there.

I understand. My concern is this:

In order for this to go through I would still have to trust the buyer as well, since he could just tell the escrow the package arrived damaged. What could I do then? The escrow would have to give the money back (although he verified the product and charged for it), and I would have no way to recover the machine.

This is costing me a fortune already, I can`t afford to pay the costs of freight and end up without machine and money.

I just had an ideia, if I could find someone interested that happens to know somebody from Brazil that could verify my identity (and that I could talk to and show documents and papers), maybe that way the sale could go smoothly, don`t you think? As I said, I`m no scammer and in my line of work I depend highly on my reputation to eat. Of course you don`t have how to verify any of this, but maybe someone in Brazil, that the buyer trusts, could verify it for him.

I`m really lost in ideas here guys. Please note that I would have to spend freight money in advance, so, for me, if there are risks involved, I would rather just tell Shipito to keep my miner for them (or destroy it, or whatever).

That is a good point.  This is a bit of an abnormal escrow situation since it's 3 way shipping...

I suppose the best thing to do would be for the buyer to agree to release escrow once I've validated the miner.  That requires the buyer to just trust that I'm not going to send them a box of rocks or something, but they're already trusting me to validate the miner anyway, so not that much of a stretch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BtcCrazy1

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:59:54 PM

Yea, I would close it then since you've never even touched this it's a ghost to you and us. So unless you are sending this to an escrow with free shipment to the escrow this won't happen. This would likely be the price for me to get one locally sending it to 2 places.
BtcCrazy1

Activity: 603

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:01:41 PM

Yes, I do.

As to your other question, yes that would be fine as long as it doesn't drag out for months or anything.  As long as we can sort a buyer within 30 days or so, that's cool.

Another question: after you receive the machine the funds would be cleared to me (minus expenses and your fee)? The reason I ask is that, although I must obviously trust you in the deal, I think it would make more sense if I wasn't responsible for your shipping and eventual issues with the buyer. I mean, after you verify the machine, will you become the person responsible for it?

Escrow will be released when the buyer confirms receipt and requests it be released, just as with any other escrowed transaction.  All that I'm doing is confirming that the miner works and isn't damaged, I'm not assuming ownership of it.

I will be shipping using a label that you or the buyer provide to me(this will need to be determined beforehand), I have no control over the package once it leaves my hands, so I cannot assume responsibility from there.

In order for this to go through I would still have to trust the buyer as well, since he could just tell the escrow the package arrived damaged. What could I do then? The escrow would have to give the money back (although he verified the product and charged for it), and I would have no way to recover the machine.

This is costing me a fortune already, I can`t afford to pay the costs of freight and end up without machine and money.

I just had an ideia, if I could find someone interested that happens to know somebody from Brazil that could verify my identity (and that I could talk to and show documents and papers), maybe that way the sale could go smoothly, don`t you think? As I said, I`m no scammer and in my line of work I depend highly on my reputation to eat. Of course you don`t have how to verify any of this, but maybe someone in Brazil, that the buyer trusts, could verify it for him.

I`m really lost in ideas here guys. Please note that I would have to spend freight money in advance, so, for me, if there are risks involved, I would rather just tell Shipito to keep my miner for them (or destroy it, or whatever).

That is a good point.  This is a bit of an abnormal escrow situation since it's 3 way shipping...

I suppose the best thing to do would be for the buyer to agree to release escrow once I've validated the miner.  That requires the buyer to just trust that I'm not going to send them a box of rocks or something, but they're already trusting me to validate the miner anyway, so not that much of a stretch.
agreed quake, but problem falls to the buyer that is taking this multiple shipping charges for having it sent to a to b and whatever elese. That it puts the price close to 900 I'm assuming.
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:53:59 PM

Yes, I do.

agreed quake, but problem falls to the buyer that is taking this multiple shipping charges for having it sent to a to b and whatever elese. That it puts the price close to 900 I'm assuming.

From me to just about anywhere else in the country via FedEx should be around $50 or less.  The seller is definitely taking a bath on the shipping to and from Brazil though, I'm sure.
vilain (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:41:12 PM

Yes, I do.

From me to just about anywhere else in the country via FedEx should be around $50 or less.  The seller is definitely taking a bath on the shipping to and from Brazil though, I'm sure.

The shipping to Brazil cost me 300 USD with taxes, and Shipito and DHL fees. I'm not paying anything for the return to USA, since it's just a traditional return to sender (I'm not shipping it to USA, the package never left DHL custody).

The shipping from Zoomhash to Shipito facilities in California cost me 50 USD via UPS.

I believe that's the average shipping expenses within the USA, so that would make 100 dollars of shipping costs.

Plus 50 USD escrow fee = 150 USD.

That would leave me with only 500 USD, which is not fair in my opinion. What do you think about splitting it with the buyer?

Buyer would pay a total of 725 USD for a perfect, verified, delivered to his place machine.

Still way better than Zoom's 799 + 50, no?

Would that work?

Please, those who said were interested, what is your opinion? Would you clear the money after the escrow confirms it?
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:57:00 PM

Ok, I guess it turned out to be too expensive. So now I'm ready to pay for all the expenses.

Buyer will pay only 650 $.

I will pay escrow fees and shipping costs.

Buyer must agree to release the funds as soon as the escrow confirms the product quality.

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 04:51:36 PM

Ok, I guess it turned out to be too expensive. So now I'm ready to pay for all the expenses.

Buyer must agree to release the funds as soon as the escrow confirms the product quality.

Do you want to go ahead and work on getting it shipped to me so that you're ahead of the game once you confirm a buyer?
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:45:04 PM

Do you want to go ahead and work on getting it shipped to me so that you're ahead of the game once you confirm a buyer?

Why would I do that?

I'm only shipping after payment is confirmed!

BTW, I was under the impression you had a highly positive trust, but now it shows your trust is 0.

is this a bug? Don't you have any trusted feedback? I can't accept you as escrow if you don't.

tks
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:57:44 PM

BTW, I was under the impression you had a highly positive trust, but now it shows your trust is 0.

is this a bug? Don't you have any trusted feedback? I can't accept you as escrow if you don't.

tks

Have you bothered looking at his trust?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=226553

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=226553#

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
emosewa

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:59:22 PM

Why would I do that?

tks

Ship it to quake and once he confirms condition (pictures before opening, during unpacking, repacking and mining) and is paid his part, I will send the funds to escrow and once I receive it, I'll release escrow.

That's about the only way I am going to be a player in this deal. Most folks here would run from this.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:01:16 PM

tks

Have you bothered looking at his trust?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=226553

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=226553#

It's showing now. It was probably a bug, thanks for the concern.

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:03:52 PM

Why would I do that?

tks

Ship it to quake and once he confirms condition (pictures before opening, during unpacking, repacking and mining) and is paid his part, I will send the funds to escrow and once I receive it, I'll release escrow.

That's about the only way I am going to be a player in this deal. Most folks here would run from this.

That does not work for me, sorry.

I'm only sending after escrow confirms payment (I don't see why do you want otherwise, since escrow might just give your money back if anything goes wrong).

And I'm only accepting this deal if buyer agrees that escrow releases the funds to me right after confirming the miner is ok.

As I said before, i don't want any risks. I'd rather just have it destroyed than loosing more money on it.

Thanks for your interest.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:39:12 PM

That is kinda stupid? Destroy it instead of selling it? Even if you sold it for $300 and paid $150 shipping and escrow you would still at lease get $150 back from your original purchase. You already said shipping to US will cost you nothing because of return to sender. So you are looking at risking $50 buck to send to Quake to verify. That way even if you didnt pay quake the $50 escrow fee he would have a machine to cover it. Sorry man I just dont understand the reasoning behind what you said there.

If the transaction involves risking more money for an untrusted individual, I don't care about the transaction.

I also do not understand why would someone want me to send it before paying the escrow, and also someone would not agree with clearing the money after the escrow verifies the product (since he would be trusting the escrow for - damn - escrowing, in the first place).

Mysteries of life, I guess.

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:35:56 PM

I agree once escrow gets item that money should be sent to escrow. But it is standard practice not to release funds from escrow until the buyer gets the item and is able to verify it. From earlier post it looked like you wanted quake to release the money as soon as he got it. That would leave all responsibility on him as the 3rd party. Why are you even doing it that way? Buyer pays escrow, as soon as quakes verifies funds you send to buyer, buyer gets item and tells quake to release funds. You are making this alot harder than it needs to be. If you use quake he is not going to give the money back to the buyer without just cause. As far as it getting delivered damaged that is the best thing that could happen for you! The buyer would get a refund, and you (being smart took out $1000 insurance on the deliver) get reimbursed for the damaged item. Much easier than you are making it.

Well, I don't know if any insurance is available from Shipito services. Anyway, the insurance should be made by the escrow who relases it. If it's his responsibility, why the hell would I have to relay on the good faith of the buyer???

Those are my conditions and you're not gonna change my mind. I really appreciate ideas and suggestions but this kind of post is completely useless to me. I'm not running any risks here.

Escrow is to protect both parties of a transaction, not just the buyer. It's just not fair.

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:09:49 PM

I know it is to protect both parties! That is what I am trying to tell you! Escrow is only responsible for holding the money not all the shipping and insurance and cost that is on you. I dont think you understand how escrow works. Not trying to bash just trying to help you understand. Good luck on your sell.

I understand and appreciate your concern. It's just that this transaction is not a usual one. Escrow will receive money to check the product. I expect this money to cover escrow's responsibilities as well. Otherwise I would still have to trust the buyer, and I'm not trusting a newbie for 500 bucks  Wink
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:14:52 PM

villain,

Listen to the others. Maybe research the use of escrow because I think you're confused (not "think" actually, you're are wrong). Escrow is released once the buyer receives the item. In this particular situation, you're are sending the miner to a third party who is than sending the miner to the buyer. Until the buyer receives the miner the escrow is not released.

This is actually a better opportunity for you since the miner will go the Escrow holder first. He can verify that the miner is in working order and everything before shipping to the buyer. IF the buyer tries to claim he did receive or received a bad miner the escrow can verify it did work. In the end you actually have more protection than a usual transaction using escrow.

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:24:56 PM

villain,

Listen to the others. Maybe research the use of escrow because I think you're confused (not "think" actually, you're are wrong). Escrow is released once the buyer receives the item. In this particular situation, you're are sending the miner to a third party who is than sending the miner to the buyer. Until the buyer receives the miner the escrow is not released.

This is actually a better opportunity for you since the miner will go the Escrow holder first. He can verify that the miner is in working order and everything before shipping to the buyer. IF the buyer tries to claim he did receive or received a bad miner the escrow can verify it did work. In the end you actually have more protection than a usual transaction using escrow.

So, escrow would release the funds to me even if the buyer was saying it's broken?
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:46:51 PM

villain,

So, escrow would release the funds to me even if the buyer was saying it's broken?

No. The escrow holder (quakefiend420) whom you're are intending to send the miner too would receive the miner first from what I understand. He will verify the miner works for both parties since he has experience with the A2. Once he determines the miner works, he will repackage and ship to the buyer. There will be a tracking number so you can see when he receives the miner. Once it is received and verified by the buyer that it works as well, the funds will be released to you.

If the buyer claims the miner is faulty or damaged, the escrow holder can determine if the funds will still be released. In this case since the escrow holder (quakefiend420) will be verifying the miner himself before the buyer receives he will be able to determine if the buyer is lying or there was actual damage during the shipping from his place in TX to the buyers

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

villain,

No. The escrow holder (quakefiend420) whom you're are intending to send the miner too would receive the miner first from what I understand. He will verify the miner works for both parties since he has experience with the A2. Once he determines the miner works, he will repackage and ship to the buyer. There will be a tracking number so you can see when he receives the miner. Once it is received and verified by the buyer that it works as well, the funds will be released to you.

If the buyer claims the miner is faulty or damaged, the escrow holder can determine if the funds will still be released. In this case since the escrow holder (quakefiend420) will be verifying the miner himself before the buyer receives he will be able to determine if the buyer is lying or there was actual damage during the shipping from his place in TX to the buyers

Exactly, so if "he will be able to determine if the buyer is lying or there was actual damage during the shipping from his place in TX to the buyers" why should I hold responsibility for it?Huh

This discussion is pointless.

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 10:08:05 PM

He just doesn't get it. He wants the money but no responsibility. Good Luck.

Nope.

I hope he doesn't sell on ebay. EVER. If he thinks escrow is awful here try the ebay return policy.

He also doesn't understand he's selling a miner he hasn't even confirmed himself works. He wants someone else to take the responsibility and make them liable for a product he bought and is trying to resell.

Nope makes no sense.....

good luck with the sale!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: