Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:59:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Terminator A2MEGA Scrypt Miner (110 Mh/s) [SOLD] [BEWARE]  (Read 2923 times)
kizilsakal

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:21:38 PM

This transaction looks kind of messy. Why don't you just sell it cheaper to someone with trust that later resells it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:57:16 PM

This transaction looks kind of messy. Why don't you just sell it cheaper to someone with trust that later resells it?

That's exactly what it looks like we're going to do.  I may have this up for sale shortly.
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:13:39 AM

I believe we've worked out a deal, guessing it will take a week or so for DHL to get it back to the US freight forwarder and then to me.  At that point I will test it myself for a day or so to confirm it's in good working order, will pay vilain directly out of my own pocket, and then will be selling it myself.

You'll be dealing with me directly at that point, I will not be functioning as an escrow but as the direct seller.  Hopefully that makes folks a bit more comfortable, it definitely makes the deal simpler.

PM me if you're interested in buying from me directly, taking offers.  I will not be taking payment from anyone until I've received and tested the miner.
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 12:16:26 AM

I believe we've worked out a deal, guessing it will take a week or so for DHL to get it back to the US freight forwarder and then to me.  At that point I will test it myself for a day or so to confirm it's in good working order, will pay vilain directly out of my own pocket, and then will be selling it myself.

You'll be dealing with me directly at that point, I will not be functioning as an escrow but as the direct seller.  Hopefully that makes folks a bit more comfortable, it definitely makes the deal simpler.

PM me if you're interested in buying from me directly, taking offers.  I will not be taking payment from anyone until I've received and tested the miner.

Are u looking for the same price at 650$?

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:32:40 AM

I believe that's a good place to start, unless someone wants to offer me more Smiley

Zoomhash is looking for about $850-875 shipped depending on where you're located, just FYI.  So don't offer more than that Tongue
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:59:30 AM

I believe that's a good place to start, unless someone wants to offer me more Smiley

Zoomhash is looking for about $850-875 shipped depending on where you're located, just FYI.  So don't offer more than that Tongue
I am trying to diversify and never have mined LTC but looking at calculators says it won't ROI for 650+ days

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:52:17 AM

Zoomhash is looking for about $850-875 shipped depending on where you're located, just FYI.  So don't offer more than that Tongue
I am trying to diversify and never have mined LTC but looking at calculators says it won't ROI for 650+ days

It can be, depends on your power costs.  Pretty sure most people buying scrypt gear right now are leasing and mining alts for speculative trading, which should have higher returns than mining straight LTC.

Scrypt gear seems to be carrying a premium right now since it's harder to get, as well.
vilain (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

Zoomhash is looking for about $850-875 shipped depending on where you're located, just FYI.  So don't offer more than that Tongue

It can be, depends on your power costs.  Pretty sure most people buying scrypt gear right now are leasing and mining alts for speculative trading, which should have higher returns than mining straight LTC.

Scrypt gear seems to be carrying a premium right now since it's harder to get, as well.

The ideia when I bought it was to mine alts, not LTC. There are plenty of Scrypt alts that would ROI this machine in 3-4 months tops if you got a decent price for electricity. When I bought it that wold be the case for FTC, it had a good price and pretty reasonable diff by then. I don't know how it is now, but I'm sure there are other Scrypt alts that could make this ROI even sooner.

vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:08:04 PM

Good news, it's already in Miami!

Friday, February 05, 2016   Location   Time   Piece
5   Arrived at Sort Facility MIAMI GATEWAY - USA   MIAMI GATEWAY, FL - USA   07:53   
1 Piece

All people interested should contact directly quakefiend420

cheers

emosewa

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:35:48 PM

I threw my coin on the barrel top early in this deal and have been waiting for quake to verify it's existence so I could send the coin to escrow. I even recommend quake do the inspection. Where does that leave me?
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 06:11:16 PM

I threw my coin on the barrel top early in this deal and have been waiting for quake to verify it's existence so I could send the coin to escrow. I even recommend quake do the inspection. Where does that leave me?
not sure your point or question?

emosewa

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:46:41 PM

Not sure how this concerns you, since the deal involved Vilain, quake, and myself, but I'll entertain your curiousity. My point and question is quake going to notify me once he's checked this machine out so I can send my coin and get the machine I committed to buy? To further clarify....A machine was offered up for sale, I committed to paying the asking price under certain terms, the terms are in the process of being met, so I'm posting back to find out when and where I need to send coin so I can receive my miner.

Hope that helps.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:55:31 PM

Not sure how this concerns you, since the deal involved Vilain, quake, and myself, but I'll entertain your curiousity. My point and question is quake going to notify me once he's checked this machine out so I can send my coin and get the machine I committed to buy? To further clarify....A machine was offered up for sale, I committed to paying the asking price under certain terms, the terms are in the process of being met, so I'm posting back to find out when and where I need to send coin so I can receive my miner.

Hope that helps.

Well, there was never any deal involving me and you, buddy. Let's remind how things were the last time I heard from you:

Ok, I guess it turned out to be too expensive. So now I'm ready to pay for all the expenses.

Buyer will pay only 650 $.

I will pay escrow fees and shipping costs.

Buyer must agree to release the funds as soon as the escrow confirms the product quality.

Do you want to go ahead and work on getting it shipped to me so that you're ahead of the game once you confirm a buyer?

Why would I do that?

I'm only shipping after payment is confirmed!

BTW, I was under the impression you had a highly positive trust, but now it shows your trust is 0.

is this a bug? Don't you have any trusted feedback? I can't accept you as escrow if you don't.

tks

Ship it to quake and once he confirms condition (pictures before opening, during unpacking, repacking and mining) and is paid his part, I will send the funds to escrow and once I receive it, I'll release escrow.

That's about the only way I am going to be a player in this deal. Most folks here would run from this.

That does not work for me, sorry.

I'm only sending after escrow confirms payment (I don't see why do you want otherwise, since escrow might just give your money back if anything goes wrong).

And I'm only accepting this deal if buyer agrees that escrow releases the funds to me right after confirming the miner is ok.

As I said before, i don't want any risks. I'd rather just have it destroyed than loosing more money on it.

Thanks for your interest.

So, I said your terms were not acceptable, you did not reply, I proceeded with a deal with quakefiend420. I've never compromised anything with you, and I have no idea why you think I did.

If you're interested in buying the machine, please contact quakefiend420 and make your offer.

Regards.
emosewa

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:42:00 PM

Hope that helps.

Well, there was never any deal involving me and you, buddy. Let's remind how things were the last time I heard from you:

Ok, I guess it turned out to be too expensive. So now I'm ready to pay for all the expenses.

Buyer will pay only 650 $.

I will pay escrow fees and shipping costs.

Buyer must agree to release the funds as soon as the escrow confirms the product quality.

Do you want to go ahead and work on getting it shipped to me so that you're ahead of the game once you confirm a buyer?

Why would I do that?

I'm only shipping after payment is confirmed!

BTW, I was under the impression you had a highly positive trust, but now it shows your trust is 0.

is this a bug? Don't you have any trusted feedback? I can't accept you as escrow if you don't.

tks

Ship it to quake and once he confirms condition (pictures before opening, during unpacking, repacking and mining) and is paid his part, I will send the funds to escrow and once I receive it, I'll release escrow.

That's about the only way I am going to be a player in this deal. Most folks here would run from this.

That does not work for me, sorry.

I'm only sending after escrow confirms payment (I don't see why do you want otherwise, since escrow might just give your money back if anything goes wrong).

And I'm only accepting this deal if buyer agrees that escrow releases the funds to me right after confirming the miner is ok.

As I said before, i don't want any risks. I'd rather just have it destroyed than loosing more money on it.

Thanks for your interest.

So, I said your terms were not acceptable, you did not reply, I proceeded with a deal with quakefiend420. I've never compromised anything with you, and I have no idea why you think I did.

If you're interested in buying the machine, please contact quakefiend420 and make your offer.

Regards.

But then you proceeded to with the process that met my terms. It's being shipped to quake, the money put in escrow, once the buyer receives the miner, the escrow is released. Exactly what I requested. I've been reading and waiting to follow through on my commitment. I don't back out on my commitments. Once quake receives it and approves it. I'll escrow my coin, then when he ships and I receive it, I'll release the funds in escrow and you get exactly what you wanted in the beginning. I don't see the problem.
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:44:30 PM

I don't see the problem.

Apparently there are a lot of things you are not seeing here, mate.

Let me put it in bold, in case you got any reading difficulties.

I'm selling it directly to quake. He's not being an intermediary, or escrow, for the deal anymore. He is buying the machine from me. There is no other deal that concerns me.

You made your offer, I said it was not acceptable, you didn't reply anything, and then I sold it to quake.

Life goes on.

Contact quake if you wish and buy the machine from him, as a completely separated deal that has nothing to do with me.

have a nice one.

emosewa

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:07:17 AM

I don't see the problem.

Apparently there are a lot of things you are not seeing here, mate.

Let me put it in bold, in case you got any reading difficulties.

I'm selling it directly to quake. He's not being an intermediary, or escrow, for the deal anymore. He is buying the machine from me. There is no other deal that concerns me.

You made your offer, I said it was not acceptable, you didn't reply anything, and then I sold it to quake.

Life goes on.

Contact quake if you wish and buy the machine from him, as a completely separated deal that has nothing to do with me.

have a nice one.

I'm not your buddy or mate, but I know what escrow is, my miners that I purchase always get delivered to my address, and this miner won't ever ROI the misery involved in reading this entire post. Damn. And I still stand behind what I offered up front.

My apologies Rockyforever. I'm apparently an idiot at risk assessment here.
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:28:29 AM

I've been made aware that there are some scam attempts going around via PM for this miner.

I haven't asked anyone to escrow anything for me, and I haven't made any arrangements with anyone to act as an intermediary.

I am purchasing the miner from vilain directly.  Once it gets here I will test it, and then it's for sale from me directly, just as if you were buying anything else from me.  You will deal with me directly and me only if you want to purchase it.  Anyone PMing you claiming to be me or vilian or anyone else and asking for BTC to be sent anywhere is trying to scam you.

If someone PMs you that looks like me, check the trust, username, and member status first!!!
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:39:48 PM

OGNasty is a reputable escrow around here.  If he's not interested in validating the hardware itself I'd be willing to do it for you for $50(payable in BTC at the time that I ship it to the new owner).  For that I'll unpack it, inspect it for physical damage, power it on and point it to litecoinpool.org using your worker info so you can see it hashing for a few hours(I've owned several of these miners in the past and am familiar with configuration), and then repack and forward it along using a shipping label that you provide.  I'm located in TX.  I'll escrow the miner funds themselves as well if you like.

If it came from Zoomhash it's likely just fine assuming nothing got damaged during shipping, they're a trustworthy team.

Quake is by far my first choice for this job, he's the man with mining hardware. Smiley

edit: it would seem he's now buying the miner? lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
vilain (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:54:08 PM

I've been made aware that there are some scam attempts going around via PM for this miner.

I haven't asked anyone to escrow anything for me, and I haven't made any arrangements with anyone to act as an intermediary.

I am purchasing the miner from vilain directly.  Once it gets here I will test it, and then it's for sale from me directly, just as if you were buying anything else from me.  You will deal with me directly and me only if you want to purchase it.  Anyone PMing you claiming to be me or vilian or anyone else and asking for BTC to be sent anywhere is trying to scam you.

If someone PMs you that looks like me, check the trust, username, and member status first!!!

Someone created this account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=759430 to try to scam using my username. I warn everyone involved this is a scammer. A fake account impersonating me.

I'm not trying to sell the machine for anyone other than quake.

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS.

Whatever you do, for as profitable as it might look, be sure to post it here, publicly, before sending coins to any person.

OP updated to reflect that.

Me and quake are in the final settlements for the transaction, and everything should be concluded by Monday.

If you want this machine, contact him directly. Make sure it's really him. Make sure you are sure.

Emosewa, thank you for sending the alert.
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:42:36 PM

OGNasty is a reputable escrow around here.  If he's not interested in validating the hardware itself I'd be willing to do it for you for $50(payable in BTC at the time that I ship it to the new owner).  For that I'll unpack it, inspect it for physical damage, power it on and point it to litecoinpool.org using your worker info so you can see it hashing for a few hours(I've owned several of these miners in the past and am familiar with configuration), and then repack and forward it along using a shipping label that you provide.  I'm located in TX.  I'll escrow the miner funds themselves as well if you like.

If it came from Zoomhash it's likely just fine assuming nothing got damaged during shipping, they're a trustworthy team.

Quake is by far my first choice for this job, he's the man with mining hardware. Smiley

edit: it would seem he's now buying the miner? lol.

Yep, this seemed the easiest way to do it.  Then anyone who wants it can just deal with me directly instead of a rube goldberg 3 way escrow deal lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: