Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:56:56 PM

I use digital wallets, understanding that it is not the safest way to do so. I guess i should spend more time learning about hard wallets and how to use them. Not being a tech guy this seems cumbersome and time consuming. Would love some links to easy to understand explanations on this topic if people have any to recommend. I imagine others in these forums would also benefit from such information.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:59:10 PM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
Since I don't have a big amount of bitcoin i only store my bitcoin through online wallet. This online wallet really helps me a lot because i can convert the bitcoin into our local currency as fast as it would be. online wallet suits for me because it can use anywhere and it is really secured.

Online wallet is not that secure to store bitcoin or other altcoin because its risk by hackers.
When you store it in online wallet, its easier to send to any other wallet but more secure hardware wallet.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:01:47 PM

I use some trusted wallets like blockchain i only have satoshis so i'm using digital wallet apps in phones or in online wallets but i prefer wallet apps because it's safe, convenient and very noob friendly.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:04:09 PM

I generally use electrum or online wallets. Sometimes I just deposit onto cryptomarkets to get fork coins quicker. I never tried hardware wallets but many people I know forces me to use it for security. Maybe in 6 months.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:16:56 PM

if I have one or more bitcoin, I will keep it in a paper wallet, store in mobile wallet or blockchain online just don’t store your coins in one wallet. If your planning to save it in long-term use paper wallet. But if you will use it for everyday living, it will be very complicated.
Cyril jay

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

if I have one or more bitcoin, I will keep it in a paper wallet, store in mobile wallet or blockchain online just don’t store your coins in one wallet. If your planning to save it in long-term use paper wallet. But if you will use it for everyday living, it will be very complicated.
Hackers and thieves are always looking for their next victim; you certainly don't want to be in their line of vision. In fact, it's probably safer to just stay unassuming and keep your bitcoin  or money secure and safe  its better  not to show off your account your wallet to your friends and make a plan where to put  for your everyday use and for your purposes... Just like a jewelries for example in where we can protect and secure through the use of vault.
atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:35:37 PM

You can store bitcoins on a wallet created online and there is a nano wallet ledger. The ledger is a hardware wherein you can store your bitcoins or altcoins.
Coral27

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:45:57 PM

Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
Since I don't have a big amount of bitcoin i only store my bitcoin through online wallet. This online wallet really helps me a lot because i can convert the bitcoin into our local currency as fast as it would be. online wallet suits for me because it can use anywhere and it is really secured.

Yes having bitcoin wallet is very important as it will make you earn save money form bitcoin and also it will not let anyone steal your bitcoin, once you invest in bitcoin is the best choice to find the perfect wallet for it as you will be able to use your bitcoin at any time of need and it can make you help to hold you bitcoin for the long time without any fear of loss of being hack, here I would suggest to use blockchain as it is very good and reliable wallet in bitcoin.
Zigzagkuy

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:50:13 PM

I just store my bitcoin on blockchain. As long as it's quite safe I keep it there. Sometimes I also save on exchange. I have never tried storing bitcoin on cold storage.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:22:09 AM

I store my Bitcoin in online wallet wherein I have a control in private key. Actually, I make different online wallets with private keys. I do not store it in one wallet because it is too risky when that one was hacked then all my Bitcoin was gone. Last, I write all the private keys on a piece of paper with multiple copies. To avoid hacked and loss when corrupted.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

I store it in different investment not onlt one coin but in different , and some of them I will trade it , i will never keep it because it will never gain profit and I do not store it in one wallet because it is too risky when that one was hacked then all my Bitcoin was gone and I use ledger because it is a hardware wherein you can store your bitcoins or altcoins.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:29:39 AM

I store it in different investment not onlt one coin but in different , and some of them I will trade it , i will never keep it because it will never gain profit and I do not store it in one wallet because it is too risky when that one was hacked then all my Bitcoin was gone and I use ledger because it is a hardware wherein you can store your bitcoins or altcoins.
The smartest thing to do is to store your bitcoin through offline, some are putting their bitcoin in exchanges or online wallet
and they should understand the risk especially in putting in exchanges. AFAIK, there is no insurance in storing your bitcoin in exchanges
and if a certain site is hack, your bitcoin is gone too.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bezita

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:40:46 AM

I will keep most of it in paper wallets and some online wallets (where only 2 of them have been posted publicly and others are kept as confidential due to security purposes).
haster100

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:58:54 AM

I use several wallets, my main stash is in cold storage, to avoid the chances of it being stolen by a hacker, but the other wallets are desktop wallets that are in my computer, I think that is safer than to have web wallets and risk the site being hacked.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:47:21 AM

it is simple, i store bitcoin in my wallet.
i have some in my exchange wallet too, you will need to use exchange wallet to trading.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

Online wallet is not that secure to store bitcoin or other altcoin because its risk by hackers.
When you store it in online wallet, its easier to send to any other wallet but more secure hardware wallet.

In my country it is hard to find a hard wallet or should I say there is no one selling hard wallets in here like ledgers or other kinds of hard wallet. I saw some sellers online but the prices seems to be suspicious some are 50% lower than the original price and some are double the value of the original price. I'm hoping that hard wallets will be available in my country soon, because having a hard wallet this days is a must for people like us that are using crypto currency for supreme security. Cool
Pamela Jobelle

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:50:24 AM

I am thinking about some cold storage, but I don't know how reliable is my current e-wallet. Having bitcoin wallet is very important as it will make you earn save money form bitcoin and also it will not let anyone steal your bitcoin, once you invest in bitcoin is the best choice to find the perfect wallet for it as you will be able to use your bitcoin at any time of need and it can make you help to hold you bitcoin for a long time without any fear of loss of being hack, here I would suggest using blockchain as it is very good and reliable wallet in bitcoin.
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:59:53 AM

For me the best place for you to store your bitcoins in an online wallet like Ethereum wallet. I personally think that Ethereum is the best one for you to put your bitcoins in cause it is fast and effective.And that was thought about it.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

I always used to store my bitcoins in cold storage like paper wallets and hardware wallets like ledger nano

And don't store your crypto in centralised exchanges like Binance, Bittrex and many others because even though you feel that you are having crypto in your account but the real crypto of yours are within the hands of exchanges.

So take your control on crypto after completion of your trade in exchange and don't believe anyone

Hxyro

Activity: 107

Bystander that oversees everything that's happeng

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:09:34 AM

well i store my bitcoin in different storage. first local wallet, here i can convert bitcoin to our local currency, Second is blockchain wallet wallet, here mostly i send and received payments,in blockchain you can customized the transac. fee which is very convient for multitransac and lastly an exchange like yobit where fork is enabled
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: