Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Racism, Freedom of speech and ownership of information  (Read 2914 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:41:47 AM

Racist bitcoins would be hella orwellian,
Are you asian? Good at math! +3 BTC
White? 2.5, almost 3 very good!
Are you latino? Oh muy pobre amigo, 1 BTC
Jewish? 20,000,994.5 You make the bank
Black people dont get bitcoins its racist coins.

or, Classist Bitcoins like, are you proletariat comrade? 2 Bitcoin, Oh you used to own means of production? Fuck you, no bitcoin. PETIT BURGEOUSIE? DISGUSTING! .5 btc
Ah.... Funny you mention that. The original, now-forgotten proposal for Colored Coins was much different from the current implementation.  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 07:01:21 AM

Information cannot be owned by single entity!

Are private keys information?

yes and you don't own it, you are simple the only person who knows this information ( hopefully )

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:11:26 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 08:34:12 AM by evolve

It can be (and is) in my country and others. Trade secrets and Intellectual property (copyright, patent, trademark, design, etc) are all protected by law in many countries.

But none of that matters.  You don't have free speech on a privately owned forum. Period. Keep throwing a hissy fit if you want, it doesn't change the reality of the situation. You have no recourse, suck it up and stop being a whiny petulant man-child.

Edit: looks like you got your hate-filled posts back, and now you have your very own thread to spread your hate. Good for you.

Once again, you disappoint me, bitcointalk.  
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:17:18 PM

It can be (and is) in my country and others. Trade secrets and Intellectual property (copyright, patent, trademark, design, etc) are all protected by law in many countries.

But none of that matters.  You don't have free speech on a privately owned forum. Period. Keep throwing a hissy fit if you want, it doesn't change the reality of the situation. You have no recourse, suck it up and stop being a whiny petulant man-child.

Edit: looks like you got your hate-filled posts back, and now you have your very own thread to spread your hate. Good for you.

Once again, you disappoint me, bitcointalk.  
I deleted the worst of it.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:34:40 PM

Most modern purebred dogs registered with closed stud books are highly inbred, increasing the possibility of genetic-based disease.

Is stupidity a disease?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:39:09 PM

Thanks to all who spoke out against the obvious evil of pointless hatred.  I feel much better about this forum now.

John, I do believe you eliminated the most evil parts while still preserving the free speech aspect. Thank you

MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:11:05 PM

yes and you don't own it, you are simple the only person who knows this information ( hopefully )
Right on spot! The private key is information must be kept secret by the owner by purely technical means. If it leaks because of your stupidity it becomes public information and nothing can stop the spread. Making laws and rules to cover your failure to keep the information for yourself only is just wrong!
What exactly is your definition of own?
Claiming rights that restrict the use of information in any way.
My point of reference is the copyright laws that existed in pre-industrial revolution and partly in USSR. The copyright in capitalism is used for workless income, patent trolling and to restrict flow of knowledge, restrict entertainment and hinder technological advance. The copyright should be abandoned completely like slavery was. (I'm racist but I don't want a stinking slave and I consider having slave unethical and dangerous to society).
You don't have free speech on a privately owned forum. Period.
Where can I have it? In forums owned by federal government of USA? Forums owned by non-governmental nonprofit organizations? I doubt it.

Publicly accessible forum cannot be considered private forum. This is public place, only the hardware is owned privately.
Most modern purebred dogs registered with closed stud books are highly inbred, increasing the possibility of genetic-based disease.

Is stupidity a disease?
Comparing pure race that is natural occurrence to selectively inbred dogs are stupid. The mixed race humans are more like horse and donkey hybrids. I somewhat feel sorry for them, they did not choose their parents.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 09:16:32 PM

Publicly accessible forum cannot be considered private forum. This is public place, only the hardware is owned privately.

And it is precisely that hardware which you are accessing to write your posts. You are accessing that hardware by the good graces of it's owners. You can (and I suspect will, if you keep this up) be banned by them, removing the privilege of accessing that hardware to make posts, being limited to read-only access. If you make a nuisance of yourself, they can even ban you from accessing it in read-only mode.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 10:26:45 PM

And it is precisely that hardware which you are accessing to write your posts. You are accessing that hardware by the good graces of it's owners.
I never visited the server room of Bitcointalk. Or You cannot distinguish real world from cyberspace, and dreams from reality?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 10:33:56 PM

And it is precisely that hardware which you are accessing to write your posts. You are accessing that hardware by the good graces of it's owners.
I never visited the server room of Bitcointalk.

You don't need to visit the server room to access the server hardware, and the admin does not need to visit the server room to prevent you from doing so.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 01:43:40 AM

he should definitely not reproduce.
I definitely will reproduce white children! White race should not fade away.

Whites invented space flight. Blacks invented gangbang.
All great Renaissance Man were white europeans. Meanwhile blacks were slaves.
Whites invented electricity. Blacks invented how to use electricity to accelerate ganja growth.

This list is endless. As You see the intelligence is characteristic to some races. According to scientists intelligence itself might not be the goal of evolution but single freak accident of nature. So with whites losing role in world the future looks bad for human race as a whole.

The dumb kids made by media brainwash are just another nail in the coffin of intelligent and sovereign human.

Define white for me, for example am I white? My ancestry is swedish, welsh, german, cherokee indian 1/4th, and my great grandfather on my mothers side was jewish but not sure the country but he was born in tennessee. I would consider myself to have no particular race....since such a thing is only tracked by people who need a reason to feel superior. All your essentially saying is that you were the product of selective breeding. So if black people are a result of the opposite, you would basically be the equivalent to a human dog pedigree show.

I usually use #FFFFFF, but anything with a saturation below 6.7% and a brightness above 92% is good enough to fool the human eye.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

You don't need to visit the server room to access the server hardware, and the admin does not need to visit the server room to prevent you from doing so.
I also don't need to access server room to do some lulz if I'm angry. I would probably be arshole to many more users as they would be unable to use the cyber part of this forum and the damage vs gain is unclear.
I'm looking for a specific definition of own, not how it applies to information
The ownership in virtual world is little bit different than in real world. The virtual things cannot be prevented from copying (duplicating and multiplying) and the theft is impossible in a sense that the original is still available. With bitcoin private keys this is little different because bitcoins are more like a process (signing a transaction and broadcasting) than object (the private key used for signing tx).
By your definition, if I can restrict the use of information, I own it.
No. If hacked forum is deleted, the information is restriceted but the hacker is not the owner. In a sense Smiley

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:25:14 PM

Right on spot! The private key is information must be kept secret by the owner by purely technical means. If it leaks because of your stupidity it becomes public information and nothing can stop the spread. Making laws and rules to cover your failure to keep the information for yourself only is just wrong!
What exactly is your definition of own?
Claiming rights that restrict the use of information in any way.
My point of reference is the copyright laws that existed in pre-industrial revolution and partly in USSR. The copyright in capitalism is used for workless income, patent trolling and to restrict flow of knowledge, restrict entertainment and hinder technological advance. The copyright should be abandoned completely like slavery was. (I'm racist but I don't want a stinking slave and I consider having slave unethical and dangerous to society).
You don't have free speech on a privately owned forum. Period.
Where can I have it? In forums owned by federal government of USA? Forums owned by non-governmental nonprofit organizations? I doubt it.

Is stupidity a disease?
Comparing pure race that is natural occurrence to selectively inbred dogs are stupid. The mixed race humans are more like horse and donkey hybrids. I somewhat feel sorry for them, they did not choose their parents.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:57:27 PM

If I can access it, I can copy your private key without destroying the original. My use of that private key may result in a loss for you.

Just so it's clear, the accessing (unless it was stored on privately owned hardware) and copying are not the crime. The fraudulent use of the key is.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 06:34:48 PM

If I can access it, I can copy your private key without destroying the original. My use of that private key may result in a loss for you.

Just so it's clear, the accessing (unless it was stored on privately owned hardware) and copying are not the crime. The fraudulent use of the key is.

I can agree with that. It's an interesting relationship though, because in order to assure that fraudulent use of the key does not occur, I have to prevent access and copying.

What I'm trying to find out is if information can be owned. If I can prevent access and copying of information, do I own it?

I don't believe so. Information is merely a pattern. You can't own a pattern. You can own atoms, but not the specific arrangement of those atoms.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 07:00:03 PM

I can agree with that. It's an interesting relationship though, because in order to assure that fraudulent use of the key does not occur, I have to prevent access and copying.

What I'm trying to find out is if information can be owned. If I can prevent access and copying of information, do I own it?

I don't believe so. Information is merely a pattern. You can't own a pattern. You can own atoms, but not the specific arrangement of those atoms.

Even if I can obscure that specific arrangement from others (encryption)? Can't I then dictate when and if that pattern is accessible by others? What is lacking for this to be considered ownership?

Exclusivity. Astronomically unlikely or no, I may be able to reproduce that pattern independently. I cannot have the same atoms you do, but I can order my atoms in the same pattern you do.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

It occurred to me after thinking about this a bit. If no one owns the information obtained on the private key, how do we determine fraudulent use?

You're representing yourself to be the person whose key you have copied. That's fraud.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 07:39:48 PM

It occurred to me after thinking about this a bit. If no one owns the information obtained on the private key, how do we determine fraudulent use?

You're representing yourself to be the person whose key you have copied. That's fraud.

"Person whose key"

Didn't you just imply ownership of the key?

The English language is imprecise. Saying that a person is "your" child does not imply ownership, any more than does saying it's their key.

Snipes777

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

Bitcoin is like cash. "Pay to bearer on demand". You are responsible for keeping private keys safe just like you are responsible for keeping cash away from people, except that cash can't easily transfer over the internet p2p.

If you sign up for a central service and then associate a wallet with you, then this becomes a situation where someone can falsely represent them-self as someone else and it becomes fraud.

In order to get someone's private key, however, entails hacking, personally invading their home, or other such activities to acquire which can be deemed the point that makes it wrong or a "violation of rights".

Voluntaryism- The belief that ALL human interactions should be free of force, fraud and coercion.
Taxation is Theft; War is Murder; Incarceration is Kidnapping; Spanking is Assault; Federal Reserve Notes are Counterfeiting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntaryism
shep

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 08:21:48 PM

You frighten me because I think you’re serious.
No, retarded kids with retarded parents in retarded society scares me! Totally serious about nigger, cartoons, belt. And probably serious about last two items. I know people who killed other people with axes or kitchen knifes (because firearms are effectively banned in my country) and now they are in prison. They all started as kids hitting other kids.

There is a reason they say violence begets violence
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: