Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC reward for removing my name from a local newspaper article  (Read 1281 times)
ib927 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Hey,

I need someone that can help me remove my name from a local online newspaper. I got busted for possession when I was a freshman (more than 5 years ago), and my name was put on the daily "police beat" section of the college newspaper. http://www.purdueexponent.org

The link to the entry is the first thing that shows up as soon as you google my name. I've dealt with the issue, the case was dropped, and I have truly paid the price. However, this entry is still haunting me. I tried calling the newspaper and they refused to help me. If you have any advice on how I can deal with this please let me know.

Angell

Activity: 565
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:13:59 AM

You could try to bribe an employe there? Or hack thw website, they have a login page for users, the question is does the page admin use that same login page to edit articles. Very difficult man.

Equinoxx

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:15:27 AM

Escrow the funds first. Then you will get more attention.

-.sgmf
ib927 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:16:22 AM

How do I do that?
Angell

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:20:01 AM

Send me the link of the article in which you are mentioned and I will try to remove it. I have an idea! Smiley

Equinoxx

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:20:44 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 11:34:01 AM by Equinoxx

How do I do that?

Read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

Contact one of them

-.sgmf
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 10:26:29 AM

Have you tried to contact them and explain yourself? Sometimes the most effective way is enter trough the door.

For rent
ib927 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:29:33 AM

Have you tried to contact them and explain yourself? Sometimes the most effective way is enter trough the door.

Yeah I did! I spent a good half hour (calling internationally!) on the phone with the editor. He "has sympathy" but refused to change it, even though the case was dismissed. His argument was basically that "the public has a right to know".
ib927 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:31:26 AM

How do I do that?

Read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?t

Contact one of them

The link u sent just gets me to the home page, I'm willing to escrow if thats what it takes!
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:32:46 AM

The link u sent just gets me to the home page, I'm willing to escrow if thats what it takes!
This is the one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0 . Contact one of the escrows to hold the claimed amount.
EngiNerd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:16:48 PM

If the case was dropped, I think your best chance might be to get the record expunged.
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i-have-my-name-removed-from-a-police-blotter-s-1393505.html

Depending on the situation, it may be a good idea to seek legal counsel.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:36:09 PM

Hey,

I need someone that can help me remove my name from a local online newspaper. I got busted for possession when I was a freshman (more than 5 years ago), and my name was put on the daily "police beat" section of the college newspaper. http://www.purdueexponent.org

The link to the entry is the first thing that shows up as soon as you google my name. I've dealt with the issue, the case was dropped, and I have truly paid the price. However, this entry is still haunting me. I tried calling the newspaper and they refused to help me. If you have any advice on how I can deal with this please let me know.

You can work on SEO and 1. Have some personal website or personal page and try to improve their link 2. Try to downgrade the link to your name in collge newspaper.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 07:00:42 PM

If it is true that the case was dropped then they have no right to put your name on the crime list anymore ,you can sue them for libel ,but  first send them a written request through an attorney to take out your name,this is legal battle not seo or hacking issue they always have a back up of their site in case their site was hacked

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:45:13 PM

If you absolutely won't retain a lawyer first, even a low-cost or free one http://www.indianalegalservices.org/ ...

Write something like this as a letter to the editor (http://www.purdueexponent.org/site/forms/online_services/letter/letter_editor_imported-1299271094) and if it doesn't get published, submit it to other local newspapers:

If you have had your name published in the police blotter section of the Purdue Exponent, but have not been convicted, and you believe you have suffered harm to your financial well-being, or any other harm, as a result, please contact (your contact info).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ib927 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:36:32 PM

If you absolutely won't retain a lawyer first, even a low-cost or free one http://www.indianalegalservices.org/ ...

Write something like this as a letter to the editor (http://www.purdueexponent.org/site/forms/online_services/letter/letter_editor_imported-1299271094) and if it doesn't get published, submit it to other local newspapers:

If you have had your name published in the police blotter section of the Purdue Exponent, but have not been convicted, and you believe you have suffered harm to your financial well-being, or any other harm, as a result, please contact (your contact info).

This is interesting. I did get convicted, but the case was discharged. I do believe this is causing significant harm because I cant find a job after graduation.

Why are u suggesting I post that? I already tried talking to editor and he would not accept.
ib927 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:37:46 PM

Hey,

You can work on SEO and 1. Have some personal website or personal page and try to improve their link 2. Try to downgrade the link to your name in collge newspaper.

How effective could that be? Could i realistically move this from the first page? Could u help me do that?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 10:10:54 PM

I did get convicted, but the case was discharged.

the case was dropped

the case was dismissed.

Bye, Felicia.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:21:22 PM

Hey,

How effective could that be? Could i realistically move this from the first page? Could u help me do that?
It can remove you from the first page of google search, I mean doing some other tasks. You may follow other tasks too.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Angell

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:54:49 PM

Man if you are willing to pay BTC1 here, why you just don't offer them money to remove the article. We are talking about $380.

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:08:35 PM

Hey,

Surely it would be far cheaper and easier to legally change your legal name by deed poll, you only need a number of certificates which you send to all companies who hold info on you, forgetting the state obviously the less those criminals know the better Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: