Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] BTCINVEST - Low risk investment fund | Market cap: 2000+ BTC  (Read 45529 times)
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:15:33 AM

Email sent... hopefully I did it right.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:30:10 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 09:40:15 AM by TradeFortress

All claims emails received has been credited and/or replied to.
Kokomoka

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:27:09 AM

I don't have a coinlenders account, how can I receive the liquidation?
I do control my bitcoin address which is listed in this thread via the bitcoin-qt client. Surely a signed email from my public address is sufficent?

Also, what kind of distribution per share do you expect?

You said Graet debt had been defaulted on. His bitfunder listed debt is still paying dividends.

BTCINVEST currently owns Ukyo and Graet debt which is not being honored, and given past history it is probable that they may still hold BTCINVEST shares.

Are you saying that you will with-hold full or partial distributions to these two individuals as a way to recover some/all of the debt?
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:52:49 AM

All claims emails received has been credited and/or replied to.

I just sent my claim. fyi, thanks.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:00:44 PM

BTCINVEST currently owns Ukyo and Graet debt which is not being honored

Angry

Ukyo.Loan thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258612.0
Graet.Loan thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218324.40

Ukyo: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35121
Graet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17548

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:09:58 PM

Why do you say that the debt isn't being honored when evidence seems to point to the fact that ukyo is redeeming shares and people are reported having their shares redeemed, although very slowly? Have you heard something from ukyo saying the debt won't be honored, because just three days ago he said he was working through the queue, and people are reporting having their shares redeemed.

I can't speak about graet.loan as I haven't been following it.
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:26:23 PM

Both Ukyo and Graet are still paying dividends. Now seems like the very worst moment to liquidate everything, all stocks are at rock bottom, astute investment now may well pay huge dividends in a few months time when confidence has returned.

reconsider and re-list elsewhere Undecided

just maybe??
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:34:13 PM

Ukyo hasn't paid a dividend on Ukyo.Loan since 2013-10-23 at 11:43:00

That's approaching four days with no dividend.  Angry

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:02:27 PM

I don't have a coinlenders account, how can I receive the liquidation?
I do control my bitcoin address which is listed in this thread via the bitcoin-qt client. Surely a signed email from my public address is sufficent?

Also, what kind of distribution per share do you expect?

You said Graet debt had been defaulted on. His bitfunder listed debt is still paying dividends.

BTCINVEST currently owns Ukyo and Graet debt which is not being honored, and given past history it is probable that they may still hold BTCINVEST shares.

Are you saying that you will with-hold full or partial distributions to these two individuals as a way to recover some/all of the debt?
Im pretty sure Tradefortress means what he said, that the redeem of shares hasen't been honored just like for many other investors. Dividends and possibly some redeems have been made since the October 8 announcement by Ukyo/Great, so i think calling it a default is a bit to much even if they haven't lived up to the contract, as redeems in the pace people have requested for it haven't been done.

DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:34:44 PM

The liquidation process will be done through CoinLenders for ease of distribution, as well as verification...

Since CoinLenders is known to maintain cash reserves sufficient to cover only a fraction of its obligations to depositors, a number on a CoinLenders screen is not quite the same as receiving cash. Can you say whether distributions via CoinLenders will be ring-fenced so as to be available to participants for immediate withdrawal as actual cash? Or will distributions be pooled with other CoinLenders reserves, implying that the availability of actual cash will depend on how many other people are already attempting to withdraw from CoinLenders at any given time?

(Disclosure: I have never had any position in BTC INVEST. However, having liquidated my own BTC Growth hedge fund-style offering on BTC-TC a short time ago, after strongly outperforming the broader market during the meltdown, it is educational for me to observe how other fund operators manage the return of capital to participants -- including factors such as overall timeframe, general priorities, and resulting impact to NAV.)

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
canuck

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:20:58 AM

TF managed to respond to previous requests within 9 hours or so. 

I've not heard back since submitting a request about 21 hours or so ago.  Is there a generalized timeline that you can give us for this TF?
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 08:01:14 AM

BTCINVEST Claims / Liquidation

First of all, I apologize for the lack of communication in regards to BTCINVEST. I did not wish to make any premature announcements. A decision has been made to appropriately liquidate BTCINVEST's assets and distribute the total to shareholders. The liquidation process will be done through CoinLenders for ease of distribution, as well as verification - BTCINVEST currently owns Ukyo and Graet debt which is not being honored, and given past history it is probable that they may still hold BTCINVEST shares.

The asset list used for the claims / liquidation process is attached.

To claim, send an email to btcinvest@glados.cc from an email with a CL account with a signed message from your public bitcoin address listed on BitFunder. Unclaimed shares will have their liquidation payments reserved. The payments will be made over time to the CL account as assets are liquidated.

Can you provide exact steps we have to do to have btc back ?

1. create coinlenders account (or use already created)
2. make sure that public btc address can be signed, if not change it to signable by you
3. send email to btcinfest@glados.cc using email from coinlenders

here is tricky part

what subject ?
what email body ?
what signed message should contain ?

should be like this

subject:
btcinvest liquidation

body:
public BTC address from bitfunder

signed message:
i am owner

why it should be like that ?
to easily process emails by script to avoid mistakes

disclaimer: i own few shares Smiley
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:11:02 AM

If you've sent in a claim before this post, you should have received an reply.

what subject ?
what email body ?
what signed message should contain ?

Any subject, in the email body include a signed message and signature. The signed message should state your email and BTCINVEST.

I've not heard back since submitting a request about 21 hours or so ago.  Is there a generalized timeline that you can give us for this TF?
You may need to wait 24-72 hours for claiming depending on when a batch is done. Verifying addresses, signed messages isn't something that's going to be rushed.

The first payment will be made on Wednesday. Liquidation is heavily dependent on other asset issuers as well like btcquick, as well as the assets obviously (if other people buy into our walls, for Graet/Ukyo loans if/when the issuer redeems).

Since CoinLenders is known to maintain cash reserves sufficient to cover only a fraction of its obligations to depositors, a number on a CoinLenders screen is not quite the same as receiving cash. Can you say whether distributions via CoinLenders will be ring-fenced so as to be available to participants for immediate withdrawal as actual cash? Or will distributions be pooled with other CoinLenders reserves, implying that the availability of actual cash will depend on how many other people are already attempting to withdraw from CoinLenders at any given time?

For the first few days of a liquidation payment, yes. It is an unwise idea to store significant amounts of BTC on internet facing servers for security reasons.
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:08:45 PM

For the first few days of a liquidation payment, yes. It is an unwise idea to store significant amounts of BTC on internet facing servers for security reasons.

The question isn't about storing significant amounts of BTC on internet facing servers for security reasons. (Although if it were only about security and nothing more, then folks might ask why it would be the case that CoinLenders can only cover a fraction of its obligations to depositors at any one time, while Inputs.io does not have any such limitation -- or do you mean to say that Inputs.io is also unable to cover all its obligations to account holders at one time?)

Rather, the question is about the actual cash on hand (anywhere, in cold storage or otherwise) to pay depositors and how quickly depositors can expect to receive actual cash. If it were merely a matter of not storing large amounts of BTC on an internet facing server, nobody would worry about a delay of a couple of minutes to refill a hot wallet (not that CoinLenders has a normal hot wallet anyway, since it does not use the blockchain). Some, though, might wonder about how many days it could take to retrieve their cash, given that CoinLenders may not have the cash on hand anywhere, including in quickly retrievable cold storage.

As you know, this is not a theoretical question: CoinLenders has run out of cash to cover its deposits in the past and had to halt withdrawals for a couple of days. I'm simply asking about the extent to which distributions made from liquidation of the fund via CoinLenders accounts will be backed by actual cash versus soon-to-be cash. It would be wrong to characterise that question as having anything at all to do with "security reasons": cash is cash, whether it is sitting on a server or in cold storage.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:12:05 PM

EDIT!

Sorry I got CoinLenders confused with Inputs.IO, my mistake!
Kokomoka

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:06:12 PM

I am a shareholder.

Why does the distribution have to be through coin lenders?

Surely you can just transfer the required number of bitcoins as a regular transaction?
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:11:32 PM

I am a shareholder.

Why does the distribution have to be through coin lenders?

Surely you can just transfer the required number of bitcoins as a regular transaction?

I assume TF is not going to just firesale the funds assets, so it makes perfect sense why he is doing it this way. It sounds like he wants to gradually wind it down and get maximum value from the assets and slowly distribute the funds.

It is in shareholders interests to do it this way. Liquidating assets in 1 day will mean bigger losses for shareholders.

Ps. TF let me know on skype if you want to offload some AM shares to me.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 02:22:27 AM

So will the share holders receive dividends during liquidation?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:27:58 AM

First liquidation payment (primarily JD along with some other assets): 0.08684 BTC paid out per share. If you haven't claimed yet, the amount will be credited once you claim.

Currently, I expect each BTCINVEST btcinvest share will receive ~0.16 BTC in total. Of course, there will be a full report.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:42:52 AM

First liquidation payment (primarily JD along with some other assets): 0.08684 BTC paid out per share. If you haven't claimed yet, the amount will be credited once you claim.

Currently, I expect each BTCINVEST btcinvest share will receive ~0.16 BTC in total. Of course, there will be a full report.

how do I claim this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: