Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 10 investors to lend 105 BTC each and receive 50% ROI in 6-12 months  (Read 6832 times)
ridgemont4 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:15:24 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 02:31:55 AM by ridgemont4

edit: Potential investors, now that Bitcoin has gone up (last price I'm seeing is $14.06) that means I'll need 1050 now rather than 1200 which I had initially stated, and if it goes up it will be even lower. So that breaks down to 105 each rather than 120, since I'm asking of 10 individuals. Let me know if this is still worth it to you, otherwise I assume it is and keep you on the list as more investors come. Thank you.

Hello. I'm needing a some what large loan that I'm sure I can pay back. Yes, feel free to look at my history and see that it appears I'm literally a nobody and conventional wisdom now is screaming at you to hit the back button. but for those who have higher tolerance, please continue to read.. I've decided to break this down so that 10 investors can participate and receive 50% ROI within 6-12 months.

Total loan amount I am looking for is 1200 BTC. If 10 are willing to lend, then that is 120 from each, which will receive the US dollar equivalent of a 50% ROI in 6-12 months. So if bitcoin exchange rate stays exactly the same, that would be a 60 BTC ROI.

Reason for breaking it down into 10, in case anyone bothers to wonder why, is the assumption that it will be difficult to get 1200 BTC off one person, as that would be high risk for a single lender to be burdened with.

Anything wrong with this?

Basically, I need 1200 BTC and I do not at all mind to offer what I feel is a fair ROI considering I feel it is more than within my means to repay.

Please no trolls. If you want to call me stupid, insult me, make me feel very very dumb, you may use the PM feature for that. However if you have 120 BTC that you want to make 50% ROI off of, let's get you on the list and see if we can get it done.

If it doesn't happen, I'm not going to feel bad about myself or like a fool for asking. I will understand that this comes across as too risky, and that is life. I will be forced to accept that I do not come across as a trust worthy person. Thing is, I see on sealswithclubs, literally 10k in bitcoins wash away in front of my eyes out of one persons account, into another, over a silly card game. I've lost maybe $50 on there and realized the poker life is not for me. I need a loan to get myself off my feet and get into an industry which has a starting annual salary of $35k minimum, and I can be in it within 3-5 months, easily. I am living at home and have no expenses however I cannot get off my feet without a loan.

Yes I realize this post probably reads very peculiarly, and the whole thing is peculiar. Guess what? that's how life is.. You can't take the heat get out of the the kitchen and go on with your day.

It's time now to see if we can get some commitment to a list of 10 willing to commit to lend 120 105 BTC and receive 50% ROI in USD value within 6-12 months, which will be paid in BTC:

1. Chang Hum (says willing to invest if I can get 9 more)
2. TradeFortress (pending)

I'll give it a 1-4 weeks and if I cannot get the confidence of 10 investors, (which I realize may not be won over by this post alone and will take a few days of communication), then I will call it quits. However if I do get the investors by the 4 week deadline, I will have you all pay me at once so we can set a proper deadline for your payment which I will do altogether at once, within 6-12 months from the day I receive the complete 1200 BTC loan.

Thank you for reading, and considering this opportunity.

Edit: A few more things I wanted to add.

1) I have no debts, no expenses.
2) I have $3,500 cash in the bank right now
3) Someone in my family owes me $7,000 and says they intend to pay me back. I know this is true because they are the one reminding me, I am not reminding them.

I think those are three crucial points, so I'm glad I have mentioned them. I also have an ASIC from BFL on the way, however it's not really worth mentioning as it's a jalapeno and I know that's laughable.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:44:01 AM

you need a $15k loan to 'get you on your feet'  ?

These threads are a joke... and the mods should get rid of them to stop the forums/bitcoin turning into more of a joke that it already is.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:54:28 AM

$15k loan towards a no real purpose. At least those ponzis / scams have a more equitable business structure then you have.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:56:15 AM

At least he's not asking for several million, like dank did in his early threads.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:59:29 AM

At least he's not asking for several million, like dank did in his early threads.
Dank has his soul in collateral.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:55:24 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2013, 06:05:35 PM by ridgemont4

$15k loan towards a no real purpose. At least those ponzis / scams have a more equitable business structure then you have.

That's what I find to be funny. People here fall victim of "the bigger the lie" scams, but when someone wants a personal loan they feel is reasonable and feel they can pay back, no one is willing to get involved. I guess people prefer imaginary world where money falls out of the sky, rather than patiently working toward something. Yes, I do need that much to get on my feet. I live in a city where you cannot move around without reliable transportation and I need to get a $3k education on top of that, to be able to secure a job in an industry that is eager or dare I say desperate to fill positions right now. Funny thing is I'm doing all the work and offering 50% on your investment while you masturbate. I think if someone takes the time to understand, they will realize this is a normal request. Nothing stupid about it like what I see daily in Bitcoin world.

With that said, I am willing to entertain serious investors while the casual chump has fun with my thread. Let me know.

I hope Bitcoin lending is not turning out to be like traditional lending in the past 30 years, where they throw money at anyone who has an income, yet someone who has nothing is left to die because they are considered risky. Sort of seems like they're saying humanity itself is a risk. So yes, it costs quite a lot to get on your feet when you live in a world that won't as much as look in your direction unless you look fully connected to this world. It's as if you must have everything going your way. No one has the patience to properly understand what REAL investing is. Here's a tip, real investors are looking to help others first, those are the ones who truly make it. Take the 3rd richest guy on earth as a great example. He put losers to work. Losers like myself. If humanity doesn't want to help humanity that's fine. I'll just watch the world burn, and watch Bitcoin shrivel up to nothing because people failed to see it's potential. lol
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:02:47 PM

That's what I find to be funny. People here fall victim of "the bigger the lie" scams, but when someone wants a personal loan they feel is reasonable and feel they can pay back, no one is willing to get involved. I guess people prefer imaginary world where money falls out of the sky, rather than patiently working toward something. Yes, I do need that much to get on my feet. I live in a city where you cannot move around without reliable transportation and I need to get a $3k education on top of that, to be able to secure a job in an industry that is eager or dare I say desperate to fill positions right now. Funny thing is I'm doing all the work and offering 50% on your investment while you masturbate. I think if someone takes the time to understand, they will realize this is a normal request. Nothing stupid about it like what I see daily in Bitcoin world.

tl;dr version highlighted for you Smiley
This guy is a pro
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:07:13 PM

This guy is a pro

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. Being a pro is a good quality for someone looking to be a productive member or society. Now would you like to lend or are you here to troll with your "greedy Jew" avatar? Hah, I used that on my Facebook a few years ago when I was a dumbass bitch like yourself.
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:11:40 PM

This guy is a pro

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. Being a pro is a good quality for someone looking to be a productive member or society. Now would you like to lend or are you here to troll with your "greedy Jew" avatar? Hah, I used that on my Facebook a few years ago when I was a dumbass bitch like yourself.

Im in your troll-thread to troll with my greedy jew avatar, like a dumbass bitch (who doesnt use facebook) like myself that you ask money from  Cool
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:13:30 PM

This guy is a pro

Im in your troll-thread to troll with my greedy jew avatar, like a dumbass bitch (who doesnt use facebook) like myself that you ask money from  Cool

Let me be clear, I don't want Bitcoin from you. I have reserved you for "troll only" status. Thanks.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:24:38 PM

I'll lend you it if you get 9 more mate, we're not all heartless pricks on this forum
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:27:22 PM

I'll lend you it if you get 9 more mate, we're not all heartless pricks on this forum

Thank you, Chang Hum!

By the way, if by the time I get 10 investors comes and Bitcoin has risen a few dollars, I will lower the amount needed. I'm already thinking of lowering it now since it has gone up since I posted the thread. It might end up being 100 BTC not 120. We will see.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:23:36 PM

Here are some tips on how to get your loan:

Stop being so vague. You want an education so you can do a job. Which education, which job, where? What is this city you need transport in?

Stop being so anonymous. Give us your real name, passport scans, drivers license scans, proof of address like a utility bill, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, credit reports.

You are asking for a huge fucking loan, anonymously, over the internet, while providing only incredibly vague supporting information.

I don't know whether you are scamming or not, but I do know that it is impossible for anyone to lend you any money while you remain a non-specific ghost.

Also I'm sorry you suck at poker, but you know that guy who now has 10k BTC? He is good at poker. He spent hours and hours learning and playing poker. He probably has a good brain too, but he certainly put the work in. You think the fact that someone won and lost a lot of money at "a silly game of cards" means someone should just hand you over money without even knowing your name? Get real. Maybe I should ask my boss for a raise because Phil Ivey won ten million last year?

You are ready to say "The poker life is not for me" after $50 and zero effort. It sounds like you had some kind of lame idea to become a poker pro because you thought it would be easy. Pretty pathetic. How do I know that if I lend you 120 BTC you won't just give up on whatever that is for too?

Honestly I think it would be hard for anyone to get a loan like that at the moment, even spread among 10 people, but the way you have gone about it has made it impossible for you. My instinct says you might not be a scammer, but you are so far away from credit worthiness it is unreal.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:03:26 AM

Stop being so vague. You want an education so you can do a job. Which education, which job, where? What is this city you need transport in?

Stop being so anonymous. Give us your real name, passport scans, drivers license scans, proof of address like a utility bill, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, credit reports.

You are asking for a huge fucking loan, anonymously, over the internet, while providing only incredibly vague supporting information.

I don't know whether you are scamming or not, but I do know that it is impossible for anyone to lend you any money while you remain a non-specific ghost.

Also I'm sorry you suck at poker, but you know that guy who now has 10k BTC? He is good at poker. He spent hours and hours learning and playing poker. He probably has a good brain too, but he certainly put the work in. You think the fact that someone won and lost a lot of money at "a silly game of cards" means someone should just hand you over money without even knowing your name? Get real. Maybe I should ask my boss for a raise because Phil Ivey won ten million last year?

You are ready to say "The poker life is not for me" after $50 and zero effort. It sounds like you had some kind of lame idea to become a poker pro because you thought it would be easy. Pretty pathetic. How do I know that if I lend you 120 BTC you won't just give up on whatever that is for too?

Honestly I think it would be hard for anyone to get a loan like that at the moment, even spread among 10 people, but the way you have gone about it has made it impossible for you. My instinct says you might not be a scammer, but you are so far away from credit worthiness it is unreal.

I don't need tips, I already got one investor so far and am looking for 9 more committed. Save your tips for someone who is looking for tips.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:04:28 AM

I am curious:  how old are you?

I'm also curious about a lot of things, and I'm sure many are curious about many things. It's human nature. Congratulations.
MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

I don't need tips, I already got one investor so far and am looking for 9 more committed. Save your tips for someone who is looking for tips.

You do need tips. following stuff like that may actually get you money. Some of us do come on here to actually give out BTC but your most certainly are going the wrong way about it.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:19:53 AM

I'm curious about the breakdown of the $15,000.  You've said you want to do a course which costs $3,000 but how would the rest of the money be spent?  Do you need the funds all at once for some reason (if so, you're going to need to explain the reason), or to cover your expenses over a set period of time.

And yeah, "how are you going to pay us back" is going to be one of the first questions lenders ask and the answer needs to be a credible one.  If you can't land a job in your chosen field, then what's your fall-back position for paying lenders (because we seriously do have people around here who wouldn't take whatever work they could get to pay back the loan)?

What research have you done into conventional sources of funding for education?

Your comment regarding "the poker life" has put everyone on alert and people are now going to want specific information about what course you intend studying and whether it's accredited, what industry you believe you'll land a job in and where you're located - so that they can then verify the usefulness of the course and the opportunities for employment.

Generally speaking, people don't lend large amounts of money to strangers so they can "get on their feet".  The sheer amount you're asking for is going to deter people.  You might have had a better chance if you'd just sought a loan to pay for the course.  "Feeling" that you can pay back a loan doesn't mean much.  It's not you who gets to decide whether your loan request is "reasonable" - it's your potential lenders, and for $15,000 it's going to take more than you "feeling" you can pay back over $20,000 within 12 months.

Also, you say that you already have $3,000 and are owed $7,000.  If you need another $15,000 on top of that, then you seem to need an insanely high amount to "get on your feet".  Why do you need so much?

So yeah, start with details of the course.  What course is it?  How long is the course?  What kind of recognised qualification will you get at the end of it? Can you prove that there's a high demand for workers with that particular qualification in your area (entry level qualifications can be useless even in high demand fields)?

I actually don't give a shit about your identity at the moment because that's not even relevant until you can convince people that you're going to be able to earn enough to pay them back.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:31:41 AM

You do need tips. following stuff like that may actually get you money. Some of us do come on here to actually give out BTC but your most certainly are going the wrong way about it.

His post was more like a raging rant, as if my request was a license for others to teach me a lesson. It's simple, you're either going to loan or you're not. I have no interest in side discussion of things that I personally find to be of insignificance. I will leave it at that and ignore anything else which I find to be of this category.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:36:52 AM

I am curious:  how old are you?

I'm also curious about a lot of things, and I'm sure many are curious about many things. It's human nature. Congratulations.

I need to know how old you are in order to see if I can loan you the money.  If you do not want to share here you can share in a PM.  This would only be the first of many questions I would have before I could even consider loaning you that much money.  The second will be where are you?  In other words, in which country (and state) do you live?

Thank you for your interest. I am willing to reveal basic details such as this. I am 25 from the United States (yes, born here). What other kind of details will you need? I will try to be upfront about whatever is needed when I get the 10. Again, to those who are going to make the investment, I will be giving out details about myself, such as my full name and home address, phone number. and I live with my family so it will be risky for them too and that makes it even more risky for me because I am giving out THEIR address as well as mine. So at this point I do not feel the need to get too much into my personal details since there has not been 10 yet.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:50:29 AM

I'm curious about the breakdown of the $15,000.  You've said you want to do a course which costs $3,000 but how would the rest of the money be spent?  Do you need the funds all at once for some reason (if so, you're going to need to explain the reason), or to cover your expenses over a set period of time.

And yeah, "how are you going to pay us back" is going to be one of the first questions lenders ask and the answer needs to be a credible one.  If you can't land a job in your chosen field, then what's your fall-back position for paying lenders (because we seriously do have people around here who wouldn't take whatever work they could get to pay back the loan)?

What research have you done into conventional sources of funding for education?

Your comment regarding "the poker life" has put everyone on alert and people are now going to want specific information about what course you intend studying and whether it's accredited, what industry you believe you'll land a job in and where you're located - so that they can then verify the usefulness of the course and the opportunities for employment.

Generally speaking, people don't lend large amounts of money to strangers so they can "get on their feet".  The sheer amount you're asking for is going to deter people.  You might have had a better chance if you'd just sought a loan to pay for the course.  "Feeling" that you can pay back a loan doesn't mean much.  It's not you who gets to decide whether your loan request is "reasonable" - it's your potential lenders, and for $15,000 it's going to take more than you "feeling" you can pay back over $20,000 within 12 months.

Also, you say that you already have $3,000 and are owed $7,000.  If you need another $15,000 on top of that, then you seem to need an insanely high amount to "get on your feet".  Why do you need so much?

So yeah, start with details of the course.  What course is it?  How long is the course?  What kind of recognised qualification will you get at the end of it? Can you prove that there's a high demand for workers with that particular qualification in your area (entry level qualifications can be useless even in high demand fields)?

I actually don't give a shit about your identity at the moment because that's not even relevant until you can convince people that you're going to be able to earn enough to pay them back.

Firstly I have alluded to the need for a vehicle, and then following that acquisition, I will need to attend a school to attain the skills for the job I am pursuing. Schools for this run around $3k. Some companies provide the schooling for free, so long as you sign a one year contract to work for them. However they pay less, so I may go that route for a few months just to get my foot in the door, then drop them for a much higher paying company, in which case I will owe them $3k.

You mentioned my mentioning of poker. I had a genuine interest in poker and felt I was good at it. I sort of made that comment for comedic value, but I did spend a year attempting to sharpen my skills, and realizing it's too taxing on my mind. If anything, this should show wisdom. If you look at my past threads, you will see I requested Bitcoin for paypal a few times, which was to play Bitcoin poker. As I said, I hardly spent any real money on it and I have a decent "bankroll" for a confident poker player. It's simple as that, I'm not confident in my skills, and it was mentioned mainly as in a comedic way. Maybe I have a weird sense of humor?

As for paying back, that's a great question. I think it's completely possible given the cushion of my own funds, which is $3,500 right now to be exact. The main thing for investors to understand is this is an opportunity for them. Frankly I want to buy a vehicle because in my city there is no other way to move around and progress through life. This is not a walking city, and frankly public transportation is expensive, and not reliable. So the truth is I could go the route of giving myself a hugely hard time, but I'd rather give this investment opportunity, which I feel I can explain as I am doing now to be a reasonably safe and reasonable loan in general. The troll had said earlier that this was an insane amount of money (or maybe he used a different word), but like I said, every few days I watch $10k in Bitcoin get lost from one poker player to another on a certain Bitcoin poker site. So it didn't seem too crazy to me to be asking of 120 BTC individually and promise 150% back. And I knew the portion would come where I explain it anyway, it's not as if I am simply asking for it no questions asked. Feel free to ask whatever the fuck you want.

Let me know if this made sense. If not, then please forget about this thread and go to another one. I'm not going to beg here. I feel I've answered you sufficiently. Unless I've made an obvious mistake, let me know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: