Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins in Steam coming soon...  (Read 5679 times)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 1208

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 12:51:29 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4gfd5o/just_added_10_to_steam_via_bitcoin_easy/d2h8ixv

OK, here is the latest update.
Code ready to deploy to address an issue that impacted a small group of customers.
Since it is getting late @ BitPay and Valve we are waiting until tomorrow to re-launch...
This is so we can closely monitor the transactions and make sure things are going nice and smooth for everyone.
Thanks for your patience and this thread will be the first to know when we are ready for the next round of transactions.
Any of the customers impacted will be taken care of... feel free to MSG me if you need me to research a transaction or anything.... I am happy to help.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:52:35 AM

"Bitcoin Accepted" already happened... now waiting for the consumers to start using bitcoins and treat it as the real money.
Where could you even pay with bitcoins? I don't see the option yet

u deposit them to account then u can pay

yolo
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:55:36 AM

"Bitcoin Accepted" already happened... now waiting for the consumers to start using bitcoins and treat it as the real money.

I don't see the option to do so when depositing funds,is it available in the USA right now and the mac?
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:08:08 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 04:49:21 PM by BiTJack

I don't see the option to do so when depositing funds,is it available in the USA right now and the mac?

Read what HostFat posted above ^. The payment option will be re-enabled tomorrow, checkout this first ever bitcoin transaction Bitcoin Transaction.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:28:08 AM

I hope lord Gaben will make it true cause i am using steam often and it will be so good for me if i can pay with bitcoins. I am playing dota 2 and cs:go so mirco payments with bitcoin will be so good.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:35:27 AM

I hope lord Gaben will make it true cause i am using steam often and it will be so good for me if i can pay with bitcoins. I am playing dota 2 and cs:go so mirco payments with bitcoin will be so good.

well, i don't think "micro-transaction" comes in play in this case. things you want to buy are not cheap and i find that it is so much easier to fill the steam wallet with money and spend that. so you can place $10-$80 in your steam wallet and then spend on buying things that way.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
zPanda

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:38:25 AM

It has already came out in BETA, a new change in BTC..
ingenuity

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:57:22 AM

well, i don't think "micro-transaction" comes in play in this case. things you want to buy are not cheap and i find that it is so much easier to fill the steam wallet with money and spend that. so you can place $10-$80 in your steam wallet and then spend on buying things that way.
Yep me too, It was very hard for me to buy steam wallets here in our country, Steam wallets are very few here, I hope the rumors wll be posible
DashCoinDark

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:05:28 AM

If that will happen than it would be nice indeed and that is because many people wants to buy their games also with Bitcoin because they use Bitcoin as their payment method.
And you also make it both more popular and that would be perfect for both.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:50:08 AM

Wait I didn't know it was launched only for customers in the USA and Europe as I myself am from Europe and I took it for granted that Valve had made Bitcoin available worldwide with this update. It's a pity that folks in other countries won't be able to take advantage of this. Do you know if Valve is planning to expand this to other continents? By the way the Russian players on Steam can't use Bitcoin as it's banned in their country right? Anyone from Russia can confirm?
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

If that will happen than it would be nice indeed and that is because many people wants to buy their games also with Bitcoin because they use Bitcoin as their payment method.
And you also make it both more popular and that would be perfect for both.
Yeah I agree completely, this is going to be good for both Steam and Bitcoin. Because of this partner ship they can now share the amount of users they both have.
Maybe some Steam users come over to Bitcoin and some Bitcoin users go over to Steam.
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:17:29 AM

Been hearing alot of exciting stuff from reddit which turns out to be a hoax later.

I won't be believing it until steam post it officially in their group or in news.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 08:19:07 AM

For those that are interested, this is how it looks like when you want to deposit funds.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:23:57 AM

For those that are interested, this is how it looks like when you want to deposit funds.

Deposit funds? So we will have to send some BTC first to our Steam account and then pay the games with that?
I thought it would be more simple, just send the BTC directly after doing a checkout.

faucet used to be profitable
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 08:26:38 AM

Deposit funds? So we will have to send some BTC first to our Steam account and then pay the games with that?
Yes. Correct.

I thought it would be more simple, just send the BTC directly after doing a checkout.
This is how it currently looks like. Obviously, there might be changes especially after the update. I don't see how that is 'much simpler'.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinSiteDesigner

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:27:26 AM

You can do either way man. If you want to purchase a game, just choose the game you want, add to cart and pay.

If you want to deposit and use it for later use like buying in-game stuff like keys or cases or skins etc.

But, I can't see bitcoin option in my steam. I only see Visa, Mastercard and Skrill here. (Or maybe it's not available in my country yet)
Metadextrous

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:35:53 AM

Yes. Correct.
So isn't it going to be prone to the price volatility of Bitcoin because we still value the game price with fiat? or the amount of bitcoin we deposited will be changed to fiat amount at the time of the transaction? please enlighten me...

By the way, i see no bitcoin option as a mode of payment. It seems that it is only available in US and Europe.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 08:39:47 AM

So isn't it going to be prone to the price volatility of Bitcoin because we still value the game price with fiat? or the amount of bitcoin we deposited will be changed to fiat amount at the time of the transaction? please enlighten me...
It won't be affected by volatility because it will be instantly converted. IIRC Valve has stated that they would not be holding Bitcoins at any time.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinSiteDesigner

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:40:57 AM

Yes. Correct.

By the way, i see no bitcoin option as a mode of payment. It seems that it is only available in US and Europe.

Whatever the currency you deposit, it will automatically convert to your local currency and the amount will remain as the exchange rate at the time of that deposit.

Example: You deposited 1BTC in steam when the value of 463.4USD. Your account will be updated as 463.4USD (if you are from US. If not, it will be converted to your local currency)
              Even if the BTC price rises or drops, your account balance will still remain as 436.4USD.

Maybe just purchase a game directly with BTC, but never think of depositing with BTC. You'll end up crying like a baby if the BTC price rises to sky again.

BTW, I don't think that screenshot is from US steam account. Language looks different.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:26:56 AM

nothing for me, there is no bitcoin payment available, is this the only way to add fund via bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: