Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll try to pay my dentist with BTC  (Read 4915 times)
heldertb

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 03:28:39 AM

I hope they take it, I always thought it would be cool to pay someone in real life just to see what they say

yeah first I search which Dentist  hospital is accept bitcoin then I check teeth with doctor and after i will try to pay money with bitcoin

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:35:21 AM

That would indeed be chill. For I hope later on that I can walk into a store and can simply pay with Bitcoins. Because it is now clear yet and that's a pity.
Many people also do not know what Bitcoins are.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:55:23 PM

You mean if he accepts bitcoin it would be easier for him to get away with committing tax fraud, and if you were him you would surely accept bitcoin so that you could commit tax fraud?

Aceepting Bitcoin is NOT tax fraud as bitcoin is NOT money, the EU courts have already stated this and there is no tax on bitcoin.

If he then spends the bitcoin he is absolutely fine, whichever way you want to try and look at it.

If he sells the bitcoins for cash/fiat via electronic transfer, he should really declare this as income which would be taxable once above his countries threshold, which is of course viewable by gov if done with electronic transfer.

As he can pay himself any amount of bitcoin he pleases in salary as it is NOT money,
it will have absolutely nothing to do with his businesses finances, as it is NOT money.

Accepting bitcoin is the same as accepting buttons for payment, and then paying yourself those buttons.

If he sells his BTC for cash there is also no record of any income, although i doubt this income would be taxable, unless a considerable amount.

in comparison, do you declare any income you receive when you sell your old items ?
i very much doubt it.

selling bitcoin for cash is just the same as selling old toys out the attic.

So... what you are saying is that you are so much of a sheep that you believe anything that the government tells you?  Just because someone in some government office says that Bitcoin isn't a currency doesn't automatically make it so.  It is against their best interest to have some other currency that gives the power to the people rather than the central banks who funds them.

CoinSkipper

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:06:12 PM

I hope that in my country in future I will can pay too.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:22:50 PM

it would be really cool, i would surely pay with bitcoins for such services, i think much more people would get attracted to it then
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:33:41 PM

I'm not a dentist, but if you pay me in bitcoin I'll pull some of your teeth.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:45:13 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 09:24:28 AM by Indianacoin

It would be very difficult to find a dentist who prefers bitcoin.
Hope you get one soon. Let me know.
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:45:33 PM

Not looking for anything besides arguments. I have one dentist, and several appointments for next week. Incidentally, I just found one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362868.0

If taxis accept BTC in Budapest, my dentist may have heard about it, and that will sure help convince him that BTC is real money, and that he should accept it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:55:03 PM

I honestly don't know whether or not if your Dentist will take bitcoin. Let's just look at a financial perspective. Let's assume the dentist has a basic understanding of bitcoin and agrees to render services in exchange for your bitcoin. What if there is a unexcepted fluctuation and the price of bitcoin goes down? You can also assume the price of bitcoin could go up. At the end of the day, it would just be so easier to give physical fiat money.

P.S No harm in asking, right?  Grin
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:06:35 PM

At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?

Why u dont exchange your money on dollars/euros?  Huh

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
king1982

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:56:16 PM

Dentist dont except bitcoin like money in my country but i wish it so much dentist can except it like as real money it could be fantastic for me .
draceus

Activity: 245

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:49:18 AM

That would indeed be chill. For I hope later on that I can walk into a store and can simply pay with Bitcoins. Because it is now clear yet and that's a pity.
Many people also do not know what Bitcoins are.

No first you search dentist hospital is accept bitcoin and after you have problem go with dentist hospital doctor check the teeth and after you tray me also tray to pay dentist hospital  with bitcoin and after I will hope

countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:06:36 AM

At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?

I suppose you haven't noticed (please, pay more attention), but this board is about BTC. The people here do not want to change their BTC into any fiat currency. We want to use to use BTC everywhere and everyday, including when going to the dentist.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:53:28 AM

if you show him a exchange where he can cash out his bitcoin, i dont see a reason why he wudnt want to accept bitcoin as a payment.

but ive never seen or heard of anyone paying a doctor with bitcoin lol GL!
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:41:43 AM

I sure that dentist can not pay with bitcoin because in budapest still few people using bitcoin. Cheesy
That is right. Not many people use Bitcoin so much. I think many people dont even know what Bitcoin is.
And there are not many shops that accept Bitcoin and that is not so good. I hope later that more shops will accept Bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:59:10 PM

I suppose you haven't noticed (please, pay more attention), but this board is about BTC. The people here do not want to change their BTC into any fiat currency. We want to use to use BTC everywhere and everyday, including when going to the dentist.
Amen. I don't do dollars if I can use BTC. Join us.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 04:52:19 PM

If the dentists knows bitcoin maybe he'll probably say yes but you can always withdraw your btc so you can pay him actual money Smiley

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 04:58:59 PM

Wish I could pay my dentist in BTC. Hopefully the near future will hold such things as this for most places.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:07:43 PM

For those saying that dentists are this or that and won't accept Bitcoins... There are quite a few who already do, and I remember reading a couple years back about a dentist being one of the first accepting Bitcoin and one of the first people in the medical business doing so. Since I can't link that one (not sure where I read about it), here goes other dentists accepting Bitcoin:

http://bitcoin.travel/listings/emident/ (In Budapest, curiously)
http://www.dcdclinic.org/ (these apparently do too, although no mention of it on their website)
https://meidanklinikka.fi/ (These accept Bitcoin too)

And there's also this

Just searching for dentists+bitcoin gives us some options.

Also, OP, what do you understand by "heavy dental work"? And why is it worth it to fly to Budapest just for that? Prices must be really, really good and the service top notch...
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

Also, and I'm not trying to be mean here, why necessarily pay with bitcoin? I understand going there for the prices, but still.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: