Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?)  (Read 46360 times)
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:30:02 AM

Man, I'd love to see you guys top off that other 5000 BTC bet a while. Okay, I realize it's not probable, but maybe to the tune of 200 BTC and there will be more interest.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:29:39 AM

Voorhees declined to serve as the escrow (I contacted him by email). I am going to ask nanotube or a few other persons.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'd prefer not to be the escrow for this. Are you aware of btcrow.com? I think the fee there is just 1%

Cheers,
-Erik
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:39:18 AM

I'd be willing to serve as an escrow agent using Cryptographic Escrow.  This would result in an arrangement where I never touch the funds, and don't have to do anything to release unless there's a stalemate and the two of you refuse to release funds to the winner.  Best of all, no fee.  Benefit for me is publicity for an idea that everyone should know about.

Simply send me or link me to your PGP public keys, and I'll send you each an "escrow invitation code".  (crypto details: they're a pair from a matched set: I create integers/private keys x and y, one person gets a string encoding x and Gy, the other person gets y and Gx)

Once received, you can use my utility at https://casascius.com/btcaddress-alpha.zip to generate a "payment invitation".  (It doesn't matter who does it, but one person must generate the invitation, send it to the other, and the other person keep a copy and verify it results in the same bitcoin address since the eventual winner will also need it to unlock the funds).  (crypto details: the payment invitation encodes a third integer/private key, z.  The escrowed address is Gxyz and its private key is the product xyz, everyone is missing exactly one factor so nobody can calculate the private key unless the missing factor is released their way by one of the other parties.)

Once you have agreed that you are both looking at the same address, and that you have safely saved your escrow invitation and payment invitation codes, each of you pay your bet to that address.

When the time comes, the loser should send his original escrow invitation (the code I sent them) to the winner.  With it, the winner can calculate the private key and collect the bet.  Whoever has both escrow invitation codes plus the payment invitation (all 3 parts) can get the private key.

If the loser won't send the code, I'll have both escrow invitations, and can send both to the person I determine is the winner.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

Cool idea, casascius, I am a crypto nerd and I love the concept, but btcaddress-alpha is a Windows app and I don't run Windows (and don't want to) Undecided
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:04:50 AM

Cool idea, casascius, I am a crypto nerd and I love the concept, but btcaddress-alpha is a Windows app and I don't run Windows (and don't want to) Undecided

It's a .NET app and will run under Mono on Linux and Mac OS X.

Note: the print and save buttons in the escrow tools won't do anything.  Just copy and paste the codes via the clipboard into somewhere safe.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:33:43 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2013, 05:46:34 AM by Inaba

Ah nice, I found the bet I was thinking of.  

So... Micon drags my name out and calls me and my company a scammer.  He is ABSOLUTELY SURE OF IT no question about it and he's willing to bet... wait for it... 10 BTC.  A whopping $140.  This is a "Pro poker player" mind you... he's got a sure thing and he's willing to wager a meager $140.  A "Pro Poker Player" that wore a WSOP bracelet that belonged to someone else so he'd look important, but is nothing more than a failed proprietor of a failed poker system that everyone thinks is a joke.  Now THAT is what I call a scam... sell a bogus poker system and then blame it on the player when they lose, genius.  Never mind the fact that Bryan can't even use his own system to win.

What a crock of shit.  He's offered a 1000 BTC bet on a sure thing and he refuses. Some pro gambling awesomeness right there.

Says a lot about his character... but we already knew about his character.  He's a piece of shit and the rest of the internet knows it.  Pony up Bryan... take the 1000 BTC bet.  It's a sure thing according to you, what do you have to lose?  If you don't take that bet, you need to shut the hell up because it's obvious you are lying out of your ass otherwise.

PS - Still waiting on that "Fuck you machine" you promised me. (And I still don't know what it even is)

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:44:47 AM

After reading your part C) it is clear we will have a wager soon.  I will accept your part C as the terms of "if BFL shipped" 

Let's find an escrow / I'll send 10 coins right now / then we have 1 bet and can start talking bigger

Inaba,  I think they are just working out the logistics with this 10 BTC bet.  Once the wording is set and the escrow system is figured out I think we can expect this to take off as more people, including me, join in the fray.  Looking forward to recouping some of my losses from my previous "bet".

Should be interesting as this is a "sure thing".

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:08:40 AM

Oh God, here we go again...

P.S. Did anybody else notice that Inaba just pulled a Pirate?

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 06:13:34 AM

Oh God, here we go again...

P.S. Did anybody else notice that Inaba just pulled a Pirate?
Is it a "Pirate" or a "Matthew"?  We can prevent a "Matthew" this time by escrowing all bets Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:55:42 AM

Ah nice, I found the bet I was thinking of.  
You'd better find a way how to design ASIC chips, Inaba? Or your customers will have to wait another year while you are trying to find a bet you're thinking of!
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 02:28:38 PM

I would definitely demand an escrow if anyone were to bet.  Bryan is a scammy sack of shit and I would not trust him to pay out a dime when he lost.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:55:27 PM

Subbed for the excitement to come.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 08:33:45 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2013, 01:13:01 AM by Inaba

Just to clarify, I am not making the bet.  I'm just stating that if anyone were to make a bet with Bryan Miscam, you should definitely escrow.  There's no way a character like him would pay out when he lost.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 10:03:24 PM

RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 11:59:21 PM

you shouldn't definitely escrow.
...you should definitely escrow.

Inaba you should slow down your typing a bit, because mistakes happen which change the meaning of the sentence (like the above or "decision to go with QFN in December").
Usually we know what should be here from the context, but sometimes there is no context to help us.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 01:14:14 AM

Whoops!  You're right, sorry I done fix'd it Smiley  Been a busy day and headed to the airport early tomorrow to meet with the packaging engineers and our ASIC guys... going to be a long day.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 05:06:48 AM

I'd be willing to serve as an escrow agent using Cryptographic Escrow.  This would result in an arrangement where I never touch the funds, and don't have to do anything to release unless there's a stalemate and the two of you refuse to release funds to the winner.  Best of all, no fee.  Benefit for me is publicity for an idea that everyone should know about.

Simply send me or link me to your PGP public keys, and I'll send you each an "escrow invitation code".  (crypto details: they're a pair from a matched set: I create integers/private keys x and y, one person gets a string encoding x and Gy, the other person gets y and Gx)

Once received, you can use my utility at https://casascius.com/btcaddress-alpha.zip to generate a "payment invitation".  (It doesn't matter who does it, but one person must generate the invitation, send it to the other, and the other person keep a copy and verify it results in the same bitcoin address since the eventual winner will also need it to unlock the funds).  (crypto details: the payment invitation encodes a third integer/private key, z.  The escrowed address is Gxyz and its private key is the product xyz, everyone is missing exactly one factor so nobody can calculate the private key unless the missing factor is released their way by one of the other parties.)

Once you have agreed that you are both looking at the same address, and that you have safely saved your escrow invitation and payment invitation codes, each of you pay your bet to that address.

When the time comes, the loser should send his original escrow invitation (the code I sent them) to the winner.  With it, the winner can calculate the private key and collect the bet.  Whoever has both escrow invitation codes plus the payment invitation (all 3 parts) can get the private key.

If the loser won't send the code, I'll have both escrow invitations, and can send both to the person I determine is the winner.

mrb-

I will 100% make a 10 coin wager with mrb using this method as escrow with the following terms:

-- BFL equipment is reported to by 10+ "good standing" forum members (I doubt this bet comes down to "no those were shills reporting hardware" - I think the writing will be on the wall on the date our bet settles)

-- 7/1/2013 as the settle date for when 10+ Forum members must have rec'd their pre-ordered BFL ASICs

-- And that BFL achieves 350+ Mhash/Joule on the devices shipped

-- Method described by Casascius above as escrow

Casascius - tytytyty for this I read a paper on this form of cryptography to solve this sort of escrow, even if I lose I thank you very much for this.  IMO always give a copy of the .zip to 1 other approved trusted person in case, you know...   also I do not have a pgp key - can you please help with this and apologies for being a crypto-newb in this area, I've always done communication openly, never have anything to hide.

mrb - 10 coins on this / gimme a hash for this crazy escrow system.

I'm in like this guy:

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 05:19:42 AM

Just to clarify, I am not making the bet.  I'm just stating that if anyone were to make a bet with Bryan Miscam, you should definitely escrow.  There's no way a character like him would pay out when he lost.

1)  your hubris will be your downfall.  It clearly extends to ever part of your essence.  You are blind, or just irrational because of the terrible situation you have put yourself in with BFL and the promises and the pre-orders.

2)  Josh Zerlan - in another thread you were claiming to be running a real company about to rent a BMW or Peugeot.  Today your desperation is so great and your denial so palpable you decided to drop multiple posts trolling up mrb & my betting thread, where myself and mrb (and a big tytytyty to Casascius) are calmly, rationally coming to terms on a $140 bet like gentlemen.  You call me a troll, then you spend all day trolling one of my betting threads.  You said I used profanity and stomped around the booth on day 1, but here is a video of you using profanity vs me: http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m48s  and here is what really happened on day 1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133487.msg1452374#msg1452374  anyone refute that?  no?  not even you?  Silence Lloyd - it's fucking golden.

3)  that in the professional gambling world it has been my experience for the last decade that once terms are agreed upon for a smaller bet, it may lead to larger and larger wagers.  I am excited to have this booked as soon as mrp says yes and we both hit the hash.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 05:22:23 AM

Should be interesting as this is a "sure thing".

1)  we call this type of a bet "polarized" i.e. it's there is very little that will be up for discussion.  Either massive fail or huge success

2)  what types of btc business are you into now?  did you learn your pirate lesson and work for good now?  or still evil?

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:57:30 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2013, 11:08:16 AM by becoin

Been a busy day and headed to the airport early tomorrow to meet with the packaging engineers and our ASIC guys... going to be a long day.
Before you head to the airport make sure all delayed refunds are processed!
Oh, and a friendly advice. Buy a ticket to South Africa. They don't have agreement signed with Interpol.
Have a nice trip!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: