Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?)  (Read 46360 times)
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 02:55:16 AM

Done. I sent 10 BTC (exactly 10.00003615 BTC) to http://blockchain.info/address/1Btxe5E8E4jCWfDhQMr683sVYnLgNLbA9z

10.00004200 sent to it from this end just now.

been busy with SealsWithClubs making Forbes as well as another gambling-facing project.   I know you want to go bigger, so let me research the actual terms of our wager (I'm firing relatively blind when it comes to the technical side, so let me shore that up first)

also I haven't asked any of my extremely rich did-way-better-than-me-at-poker friends if they want $ on my side of this bet.  I'll link them to this thread and see if they want action.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 03:19:36 AM

Ok.

By the way, if you have imported the private key for our 0.002 BTC test, you should see that your Bitcoin balance has automatically increased by 0.002 (there is no instant visual cue that the key was imported). You can also manually go to the address book, and look for the presence of the escrow bitcoin address.

If you want to move the 0.002 BTC out of the wallet key, the simplest way is to make a transfer of an amount X such as X + fees = 0.002. For example if your client is configured with the default fee of 0.0005, then send 0.0015 to any of your other addresses. Most likely you will only have one key securing 0.002 BTC, so the client will decide to take the fund from this key. (Or there may be a "send from" option in the Bitcoin-QT GUI, I don't know, I have never used the GUI.)
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 04:00:00 AM

Easiest and cleanest way I know to flush out funds from a specific known private key is to make a throwaway wallet on Blockchain.info, import the key, and send yourself the funds.

That can be done even if the same key is also in your own Satoshi wallet.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:10:55 AM

Easiest and cleanest way I know to flush out funds from a specific known private key is to make a throwaway wallet on Blockchain.info, import the key, and send yourself the funds.

That can be done even if the same key is also in your own Satoshi wallet.

Mtgox also works.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 09:38:48 AM

Micon,

I don't know what can be simplified in the terms of our wager. There is a date, and a basic Mhash/Joule efficiency metric whose only purpose is to differentiate ASICs from other technologies. What do you want to research exactly, in order to bet more? If you have questions, let me know.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:41:27 PM

I don't know what can be simplified in the terms of our wager. There is a date, and a basic Mhash/Joule efficiency metric whose only purpose is to differentiate ASICs from other technologies. What do you want to research exactly, in order to bet more? If you have questions, let me know.

I think what he's saying is that he wants to research whether it's likely that BFL won't deliver before he is willing to bet large amounts of money that BFL won't deliver and that his bets so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 02:25:34 PM

so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.
Hmm... A gut feeling, you say? A proven and public record of lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay?!... Since when the lesson of the past is a question of gut feelings?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:54:01 PM

so far were based only on his gut feelings about BFL.
Hmm... A gut feeling, you say? A proven and public record of lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay after lies and delay?!... Since when the lesson of the past is a question of gut feelings?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not saying he's wrong.  Just that I think that's why he was delaying.

I haven't been following any of the ASIC stuff, not being a miner, so really have no idea how likely Micon is to win this bet.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 10:41:13 PM

Micon,

mrb,

apologies.  I have a newborn child + Seals got DDoS'd in the last 2 days.

I will increase our wager by 20 coins.  I like going slow.  That's how I gamble.  I will hit the hash if you agree.  Same bet / same terms / same hash / 20 coins more.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

I agree! I will send 20 coins in ~3 hours. Let me know when you are ready to add even more...
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 11:24:03 PM

I will increase our wager by 20 coins.  I like going slow.  That's how I gamble.  I will hit the hash if you agree.  Same bet / same terms / same hash / 20 coins more.

I agree! I will send 20 coins in ~3 hours. Let me know when you are ready to add even more...

Observed

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 12:58:11 AM

hit the hash  [  1Btxe5E8E4jCWfDhQMr683sVYnLgNLbA9z   ]

with 20.00042  / cost a .001 xfer fee so idk if it looks like 20.00142 or 20.00042 but yeah that was me just now

mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:09:57 AM

I just sent 20.00007985 BTC.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:47:33 AM

Oh man.. this cannot end well.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:55:29 AM

Oh man.. this cannot end well.
It'll end very nicely for two of us.  Cheesy
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:12:25 PM

I have offered you even more. You refused. So, stop trolling!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:33:05 PM

This keeps doubling, it may even reach 1600.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:04:58 PM

This keeps doubling, it may even reach 1600.

40 - 80 - 160 - 320 - 640 - 1280 - 2560

nope  Smiley

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

I have offered you even more. You refused. So, stop trolling!

No, you are the one who refused. I privately offered you to bet up to 1000 BTC, and you chickened out  Roll Eyes

Are you changing your mind? If so, casascius, please create becoin and I an (A, B) pair of escrow codes.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 09:25:06 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 10:32:01 PM by casascius

I PM'd a PGP-encrypted code to mrb

It starts with einvaGg87t

I PM'd a plaintext code to becoin

It starts with einvbGg87t

I'm willing to reissue a new code if the fact that I sent one in a plaintext PM is undesirable, simply send me an e-mail address and/or PGP key for the replacement code.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: