Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?)  (Read 46360 times)
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 09:46:43 PM

Thanks casascius.

becoin: time to put ut or shut up: I sent you a payment invitation code. Please confirm that it leads to the creation of the following address, and let's start placing bets (same terms as the ones between Micon and I): http://blockchain.info/address/18nG2DCC7DtBeMijVWWWYKmfe6BXXTBsdQ
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:19:52 AM

No, you are the one who refused. I privately offered you to bet up to 1000 BTC, and you chickened out  Roll Eyes
No, I have offered you a bigger amount. You are the one that refused and asked for a smaller bet up to 1000 btc. I'm interested in bigger amount sufficient to punish all BFL cheerleaders that are constantly poisoning every single thread that exposes BFL's shady business practices and lies. Someone will pay for all of them. As the most vocal among all the trolls I want you to pay for all of them!
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 03:28:31 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2013, 07:53:17 AM by mrb

No, you are the one who refused. I privately offered you to bet up to 1000 BTC, and you chickened out  Roll Eyes
No, I have offered you a bigger amount. You are the one that refused and asked for a smaller bet up to 1000 btc. I'm interested in bigger amount sufficient to punish all BFL cheerleaders that are constantly poisoning every single thread that exposes BFL's shady business practices and lies. Someone will pay for all of them. As the most vocal among all the trolls I want you to pay for all of them!

You have not offered anything: you were just trolling / lying. I don't believe you have anywhere close to thousands of BTC. That's why I asked you to prove ownership of a mere 1000 BTC, and you refused! So how could anybody believe you?

Let me use your technique against yourself: I hereby declare I am willing to bet 20 thousand BTC. To get this bet started between you and I, I already sent a very real 0.1 BTC to our escrow address (see the PMs that casascius and I sent you): http://blockchain.info/address/18nG2DCC7DtBeMijVWWWYKmfe6BXXTBsdQ

I have taken the first step: I have bet more than you so far.

Your turn.

If you match this 0.1 BTC, I will send 10 BTC, then 100 BTC, then 1000 BTC, then 20000 BTC. Progressively increasing the amount each time.

But I suspect you are going to come up a lame reason to even refuse to match this 0.1 BTC, thereby proving my point that I am willing to bet more than anybody else, especially more than you.

I would be delighted to have you bet against me, becoin. Come on, time to put up or shut up Smiley Send the BTC to the escrow address like I did!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 03:36:41 AM

If you match this 0.1 BTC, I will send 10 BTC, then 100 BTC, then 1000 BTC, then 20000 BTC.

You should get his consent before sending more BTC after he sends any.  It's OK to send first if he hasn't sent, because I can always make sure you get your money back if he doesn't participate.  Once he has paid money to the address, I can no longer do that.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 04:55:11 AM

You should get his consent before sending more BTC after he sends any.  It's OK to send first if he hasn't sent, because I can always make sure you get your money back if he doesn't participate.  Once he has paid money to the address, I can no longer do that.

As I understood it, any one of the three of you can take control of all the funds so long as one of the other two parties cooperates with you.  So as soon as mrb sends his payment invitation to casascius, casascius can distribute the coins, without consent of the 3rd party.  That's right isn't it?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 07:31:54 AM

As I understood it, any one of the three of you can take control of all the funds so long as one of the other two parties cooperates with you.  So as soon as mrb sends his payment invitation to casascius, casascius can distribute the coins, without consent of the 3rd party.  That's right isn't it?
I don't believe Casascius can take control of the coins, even with consent from one of the other parties.  The other party would have to take control of the coins, then send them to an address Casascius specifies.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 07:44:36 AM

I don't believe Casascius can take control of the coins, even with consent from one of the other parties.  The other party would have to take control of the coins, then send them to an address Casascius specifies.

Yes he can. That's the whole point of an escrow: being able to control the coins. Anybody with the 3 codes (a, b, payment) can withdraw the coins. If becoin fails to fund the escrow (which I expect), I would give casascius the payment code to let him compute the private address and return my coins.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:06:23 AM

This keeps doubling, it may even reach 1600.

40 - 80 - 160 - 320 - 640 - 1280 - 2560

nope  Smiley

Aww, my maths.  Sad

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 10:03:13 PM

Yes he can. That's the whole point of an escrow: being able to control the coins. Anybody with the 3 codes (a, b, payment) can withdraw the coins. If becoin fails to fund the escrow (which I expect), I would give casascius the payment code to let him compute the private address and return my coins.

Right.  There are three pieces of information (the two escrow invite codes (A and B) and the payment invitation (P)).

Everyone knows exactly 2 of these:

* escrow knows A and B
* player 1 knows A and P
* player 2 knows B and P

If any of the three gives one of the other two the piece they're missing, then that person has access to all the coins.  Any two of the participants can get together and control the coins.  The goal is that players 1 and 2 agree who won and so the escrow doesn't need to get involved, but if they can't agree then either of the players can give the escrow enough information to decide the bet for them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 10:07:00 PM

Ok, makes sense.  Thanks for setting me straight guys.  Wink

Micon - I'm willing to go another 10 BTC if you're game.  Just add on to the same address.  Please confirm, then I'll send.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 03:54:47 AM

Marc pushes SgtSpike to the side  Smiley
Micon: me too I have always been, and will always be, interested in betting up to 1000 BTC. Let me know.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:59:35 AM

Marc pushes SgtSpike to the side  Smiley
Micon: me too I have always been, and will always be, interested in betting up to 1000 BTC. Let me know.

Cheesy
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:11:52 AM

I'm just gonna put this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVeiJ086lM

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
kayrice

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 12:59:18 AM

I don't see why this has to be a pissing war about the amount being bet. I don't know how many times I've read that Bryan has a new born kid, and I get that, why can't you guys? Yes he's putting his money where his mouth is, he just doesn't have the same (potentially) disposable income. Even if he is strong in his beliefs, he has a wife and a kid that depend on him - nobody should be persuading him to bet more than he is comfortable with.

Either way someone is going to win and someone is going to lose. The amount doesn't really matter that much. Any fool can have more money than another.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 08:25:02 AM

I don't see why this has to be a pissing war about the amount being bet. I don't know how many times I've read that Bryan has a new born kid, and I get that, why can't you guys? Yes he's putting his money where his mouth is, he just doesn't have the same (potentially) disposable income. Even if he is strong in his beliefs, he has a wife and a kid that depend on him - nobody should be persuading him to bet more than he is comfortable with.

Either way someone is going to win and someone is going to lose. The amount doesn't really matter that much. Any fool can have more money than another.

When delimited in USD, I have about $1,200 riding on BFL being a scam.  I'd say that qualifies as putting your money where your mouth is. 

These latest Inaba troll-posts in this thread are so desperate and childish they don't deserve a response.  On the heels of Avalon ASICs beginning to hash, this is where he spends his time? It's shocking that the mods silenced me for being "off topic" when posting my BFL scammer investigation link in the BFL thread (before they slit it off and called it a "troll museum," yet they let Inaba troll me with repeated personal insults without consequence.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139234.0

It goes without saying that a pro gambler bets what he is comfortable betting.  (you needn't worry about persuasion to get me to bet more than I'm comfortable betting - I've been doing this for a decade) For me right now I'm comfortable with 60 coins or about ~$1200 in USD wagered on this.  I am not opposed to raising the stakes at a future point as I research further.

I have to personally thank mrb for setting a fine example when betting someone with the opposite viewpoint.   He has been respectful in all his posts and win or lose I enjoy the way he has done business.   

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 03:37:49 PM

If you match this 0.1 BTC, I will send 10 BTC, then 100 BTC, then 1000 BTC, then 20000 BTC. Progressively increasing the amount each time.
You told me you can bet up to 1000 bitcoins and now your offer is for 20000?! I don't take you seriously. Do you really think I'm gonna invest time in verifying terms and conditions of your bet with Micon and studying casascius escrow system just to play the game of a betting junkie?

For the record...

ASICs for cryptographic purposes have been created more than a decade ago. It is not a rocket science to create one for bitcoin mining. I wrote about that before I even came across your betting addiction on this funny thread. Read about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136615.0

The question is not if BFL is going to deliver "something" like a bitcoin mining ASIC. After almost a year of delays even my grandma can deliver an ASIC if she collects 20 million from greedy brainless sheeple and outsources every possible aspect of the ASIC creation... With so many millions collected from the sheeple, BFL got the chance to deliver something in due course but they are so incompetent that they have missed it! They have started as a scam and will end up as a scam. Why? Because BFL fans will get back only a fraction of the value they have invested.

To sum it up, you are probably on the bottom list of the people on Earth that I would care if my thoughts are liked or not. So, stop trolling and sending spam to my pm box.
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:44:39 PM

I speak troll so please allow me to translate what becoin said...

"just trolling, not betting, but thanks"

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 10:21:54 PM

You told me you can bet up to 1000 bitcoins and now your offer is for 20000?! I don't take you seriously. Do you really think I'm gonna invest time in verifying terms and conditions of your bet with Micon and studying casascius escrow system just to play the game of a betting junkie?

For the record...

ASICs for cryptographic purposes have been created more than a decade ago. It is not a rocket science to create one for bitcoin mining. I wrote about that before I even came across your betting addiction on this funny thread. Read about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136615.0

The question is not if BFL is going to deliver "something" like a bitcoin mining ASIC. After almost a year of delays even my grandma can deliver an ASIC if she collects 20 million from greedy brainless sheeple and outsources every possible aspect of the ASIC creation... With so many millions collected from the sheeple, BFL got the chance to deliver something in due course but they are so incompetent that they have missed it! They have started as a scam and will end up as a scam. Why? Because BFL fans will get back only a fraction of the value they have invested.

To sum it up, you are probably on the bottom list of the people on Earth that I would care if my thoughts are liked or not. So, stop trolling and sending spam to my pm box.

See? I called your bluff and I was right: I am willing to bet more than you and only had to put 0.1 BTC down to prove it. You are refusing to match this ridiculously small amount, because you just admitted you believe in BFL's ability to deliver an ASIC, therefore that you have no reason to bet against me in the first place... So why on earth did you waste your and my time trolling this thread?

Please PM me your "B" escrow code so that I can recover the 0.1 BTC that I sent... If you refuse, I will ask casascius to send me that code.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 04:26:51 AM

For the record...

Wait, did I get this right?   Becoin is changing to "BFL will deliver"?  Why say BFL is a scam and won't ship for so long when you really didn't believe it?
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:24:57 AM

For the record...

Wait, did I get this right? 
Wait, did you read it?

I'm not changing anything. I'm very straightforward on everything I wrote about BFL! They are scam! Period.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: