Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How about Vanilla coin  (Read 10160 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:33:44 AM

It's free to mine for everyone since the first minute.

Premine by definition is something that got mined in the genesis block by the developer for various purposes. The word is 100% used for this definition on this forum.

because no one cares.

I said caring....

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:41:55 AM

Premine by definition is something that got mined in the genesis block by the developer for various purposes. The word is 100% used for this definition on this forum.

It is not being mined by the users, thus it will never be a decentralized coin with maximum network effects.

I am changing the definition to a more correct one.

You are not the authority that can change a word's definition which is used by thousands of people on this forum.

But I am a creator who can change the definition which is used by millions of users.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:46:07 AM

It is not being mined by the users, thus it will never be a decentralized coin with maximum network effects.

I am changing the definition to a more correct one.

You are not the authority that can change a word's definition which is used by thousands of people on this forum.

But I am a creator who can change the definition which is used by millions of users.

You are currently the creator of a cloud of vapor est. 2015.

Such a creator.

PS. I love how you avoid any answer that contradicts with your delusional statements. Living definition of an internet troll, even your IRL image would suit it with your health problems and lifestyle.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:07:50 AM

- That VNL has stolen code

This was answered several times. 99.9% of the code is brand new and unique, the base code is derived from PPC while the network communication protocol is brand new and unique. Good luck with going to curt with this case.

Thanks for admitting the obvious - Good for You!  Grin

Chicken Soup with only 10% Chicken $hit in it - YUMMIE! That looks just like you, doesn't it?
oops! Did my finger slip and make it only 90% Chicken Soup with 10% Chicken $hit? <YUK!>
ok, since I believe your finger may have slipped a bit too when you went for that magic 99.99999% number, let's strike a bargain: You get to eat your chicken soup with a staggering purity of 99% Chicken Soup, and only 1% Chicken $hit in it - YUMMIE!

Deal?!?!
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:02:13 AM

- That VNL has stolen code

This was answered several times. 99.9% of the code is brand new and unique, the base code is derived from PPC while the network communication protocol is brand new and unique. Good luck with going to curt with this case.

Thanks for admitting the obvious - Good for You!  Grin

Chicken Soup with only 10% Chicken $hit in it - YUMMIE! That looks just like you, doesn't it?
oops! Did my finger slip and make it only 90% Chicken Soup with 10% Chicken $hit? <YUK!>
ok, since I believe your finger may have slipped a bit too when you went for that magic 99.99999% number, let's strike a bargain: You get to eat your chicken soup with a staggering purity of 99% Chicken Soup, and only 1% Chicken $hit in it - YUMMIE!

Deal?!?!

What, now we got some chef wannabe here comparing crypto with his famous recepies!?
LOL
Do you even know how to cook something?
Hmm deal!?
Oh, now I get it, you are just another gambler/loser who thinks he can make some $ with his pump/scam/fud/bluffs in crypto.
bitworldfun

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:43:11 PM

- That VNL is premined

I'm mining since the first minute and it's not

No adoption users are mining VNL.

I mine it and I have only been around for three months....  so yes there are adoption users mining it.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:54:52 PM

- That VNL is premined

I mine it and I have only been around for three months....  so yes there are adoption users mining it.

You are not an adoption user by evidence of the fact that you claim you are mining, and not simply using it as a currency for daily activities.

People don't mine dollars, they just use them. Relatively few people invest in dollars (whereas most users simply adopt it as their permanent unit-of-account in their daily lives).

You are a miner (by your own admission) and ostensibly an investor.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:29:18 PM

- That VNL is premined

I mine it and I have only been around for three months....  so yes there are adoption users mining it.

You are not an adoption user by evidence of the fact that you claim you are mining, and not simply using it as a currency for daily activities.

People don't mine dollars, they just use them. Relatively few people invest in dollars (whereas most users simply adopt it as their permanent unit-of-account in their daily lives).

You are a miner (by your own admission) and ostensibly an investor.

Ahh OK I see now, you think that all pow coins and the users that support the network through mining are essentially doing harm to the decentralized nature of their supported projects.

So what then? Air drops? IPO?
How does a project fairly distribute a coin without creating this problem.

Without the backing of a centralized authority there will always be this problem.

Coins don't become currency until distribution has reached a level where investors create the ecosystem where others can exchange goods for this coins in the place of a currency.

Bitcoin is still working on becoming this.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:02:12 PM

Ahh OK I see now, you think that all pow coins and the users that support the network through mining are essentially doing harm to the decentralized nature of their supported projects.

Lips sealed

Without the backing of a centralized authority there will always be this problem.

Coins don't become currency until distribution has reached a level where investors create the ecosystem where others can exchange goods for this coins in the place of a currency.

That is what you think.  Wink

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:35:45 PM

Lips sealed

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:09:23 PM

Lips sealed

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?

Don't feed the troll, it is obvious that he has no answers just makes empty claims. You have seen that he avoids/fails to answer every single counter argument where he can't respond and simply quotes/answers single words/parts of a sentence which he in turn can attack or answer. This is the definition of an internet troll.

And to the type of question which you just asked (about a potential sollution to a problem with crypto in general) he will put an answer down pointing at his vaporware and vapor sollutions which are in works since more than a year.

Always the same, he has obvious mental issues.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:05:56 PM

99.9% of the code is brand new and unique

Please knock yourself out trying to document anything close to that number because it doesn't fly. Already something in the neighborhood of 100s of lines of code have been specifically identified as copied and obfuscated. By inference the 99.9% number would put the size of the entire project at 100s of thousand of lines which is way off.

More likely very large portions of the code are copied, with the exception of the modifications for the new features, but it is extremely tedious to work out which ones, due to the obfuscation. I would make a large wager that it is nowhere near 99.9% however.

Again, there is nothing wrong with copying and adapting code. That is half the value of open source. The important observation here is not that code was reused, it is that VNL supporters continue to mislead about the scope and nature of the reused code, going all the way up to the top of course, but traumschiff just did it again.
YAdaminer

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:42:49 PM

Please knock yourself out trying to document anything close to that number because it doesn't fly. Already something in the neighborhood of 100s of lines of code have been specifically identified as copied and obfuscated. By inference the 99.9% number would put the size of the entire project at 100s of thousand of lines which is way off.

More likely very large portions of the code are copied, with the exception of the modifications for the new features, but it is extremely tedious to work out which ones, due to the obfuscation. I would make a large wager that it is nowhere near 99.9% however.

Again, there is nothing wrong with copying and adapting code. That is half the value of open source. The important observation here is not that code was reused, it is that VNL supporters continue to mislead about the scope and nature of the reused code, going all the way up to the top of course, but traumschiff just did it again.

To me, it's not even that - oftentimes supporters deny it completely. I actually think there's some cool stuff in this coin - just admit the dev is kind of an asshole for violating the license and I'm happy.

If I remember right from your reply to smooth big red leter post about john-connor in xmr thread for which you adviced him to delete it you said that dev is kind of narcissistic dictator.
Are you still feeling rekt for last year one stop ban you got from john-connor after your 'show' in vanilla IRC?
ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:11:35 AM

To me, it's not even that - oftentimes supporters deny it completely. I actually think there's some cool stuff in this coin - just admit the dev is kind of an asshole for violating the license and I'm happy.

If I remember right from your reply to smooth big red leter post about john-connor in xmr thread for which you adviced him to delete it you said that dev is kind of narcissistic dictator.
Are you still feeling rekt for last year one stop ban you got from john-connor after your 'show' in vanilla IRC?

Was that the drive by ban haha that was epic i will never forget
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:37:22 AM

Lips sealed

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?

Don't feed the troll, it is obvious that he has no answers just makes empty claims. You have seen that he avoids/fails to answer every single counter argument where he can't respond and simply quotes/answers single words/parts of a sentence which he in turn can attack or answer. This is the definition of an internet troll.

And to the type of question which you just asked (about a potential sollution to a problem with crypto in general) he will put an answer down pointing at his vaporware and vapor sollutions which are in works since more than a year.

Always the same, he has obvious mental issues.

I love it when people doubt me. I get the last laugh.

Lips sealed = my secret

cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:10:09 AM

Can I know the ability of this coder in your opinion aside from the fact he is not giving due credit to the original creators of some of the code he is using?

Are any of his features worth while and different? could any of these be of value?
Are they going to be easy for other coders to replicate?

------------------------------------
questions below directed at nobody singularly.

This is one coin that slipped past me... didn't mine it at all.

How was the initial distribution.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:18:44 AM

Can I know the ability of this coder in your opinion aside from the fact he is not giving due credit to the original creators of some of the code he is using?

Are any of his features worth while and different? could any of these be of value?

I haven't reviewed his code, and the obfuscation makes it hard for anyone to tell which parts are his code and which are not. The features as claimed seem worthwhile. TPTB says that his instant transaction feature is not really secure, and I don't doubt it (certainly it is true that his white papers are not detailed enough to review without digging through code). But used with caution, as with other "instant" transactions it seems potentially useful anyway.

I don't consider most of the other features particularly significant.

cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:06:23 AM

I haven't reviewed his code, and the obfuscation makes it hard for anyone to tell which parts are his code and which are not. The features as claimed seem worthwhile. TPTB says that his instant transaction feature is not really secure, and I don't doubt it (certainly it is true that his white papers are not detailed enough to review without digging through code). But used with caution, as with other "instant" transactions it seems potentially useful anyway.

I don't consider most of the other features particularly significant.

Thanks a lot for the answer.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:17:35 AM

He really asked smooth if John is a good coder. This is ridiculous.  Sad

Quote from: smooth
I haven't reviewed his code

LOL  Cheesy
YAdaminer