Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am assuming that this would be the Place to find a pool developer or manager  (Read 1281 times)
XERES (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:15:48 PM

I have an idea for a pool that i would love to see developed. As far as i can see no one has made a pool that limits the Amount of miners or hashrate. Although the concept seems counter productive to you making money, the Idea is to create a small pool with a limited Hashrate per person and in total. This means that if a block is found by the pool the reward will be greater than if you were to mine in a larger pool.

The object is for people to test their "LUCK". I hope the idea is clear. If not or if anyone is interested in the idea send me a message, i would love to help. Whether it be with Some btc or a domain. I dont want to pay someone to do this, I would like to partner or assists if anyone would have me Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:24:28 PM

I wrote this on another thread, but it completely applies here:

It's statistics.  You are correct that you'd see more per block here than on other pools.  However, you would see far fewer blocks here than on the other pools.  A pool with 20 PH/s expects to find 2.7916 blocks a day at current difficulty.  A pool with 1 PH/s expects to find a block every 7.1633 days. (these numbers are rounded off)

Let's say you have 100 TH/s of gear.  On pool 1, you represent 0.5% of the pool's total hashing power.  All things being equal, you would expect to make 0.125BTC per block.  On pool 2, you represent 10% of the pool's total hashing power.  You would expect to make 2.5BTC per block.

Pool 1 would solve 20 blocks for every 1 block solved by pool 2.

So, what does that mean?  Yup... you make more per block on the smaller pool; however, by the time you've found that block you've made the same amount of coin on the larger pool.

Now, when you factor in the nature of mining (luck swings, difficulty changes, orphans, etc) you are far more likely to be impacted on the smaller pool than on the larger one.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:28:23 PM

I wrote this on another thread, but it completely applies here:

It's statistics.  You are correct that you'd see more per block here than on other pools.  However, you would see far fewer blocks here than on the other pools.  A pool with 20 PH/s expects to find 2.7916 blocks a day at current difficulty.  A pool with 1 PH/s expects to find a block every 7.1633 days. (these numbers are rounded off)

Let's say you have 100 TH/s of gear.  On pool 1, you represent 0.5% of the pool's total hashing power.  All things being equal, you would expect to make 0.125BTC per block.  On pool 2, you represent 10% of the pool's total hashing power.  You would expect to make 2.5BTC per block.

Pool 1 would solve 20 blocks for every 1 block solved by pool 2.

So, what does that mean?  Yup... you make more per block on the smaller pool; however, by the time you've found that block you've made the same amount of coin on the larger pool.

Now, when you factor in the nature of mining (luck swings, difficulty changes, orphans, etc) you are far more likely to be impacted on the smaller pool than on the larger one.
I am glad someone agrees, Does the pool in your sig Apply this idea ?

Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:59:15 AM

Everything averages to 100% in the end.  I get what you are saying.  Just the difficulty going through the roof now so staying small is not really an option in the bitcoin world today. 

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:52:24 AM

Everything averages to 100% in the end.  I get what you are saying.  Just the difficulty going through the roof now so staying small is not really an option in the bitcoin world today. 
Small Can be relative the pool could change the limit as the difficulty goes up or down.
The point is not to create a more effective pool on paper, Its for people to test their luck with hashpower they arent motivated on using or hashpower that is too small to make a dent in a larger pool.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 04:38:28 PM

I am glad someone agrees, Does the pool in your sig Apply this idea ?
No, my pool does not limit your hash rate in any fashion.  I don't care if you've got 1 GH/s or 1 PH/s.  The point of my post is that your hash rate expects to earn the same thing no matter if you are pointing it at a small pool like mine, or a larger pool.  You can't game the system.

I don't understand what you're hoping to achieve by offering a pool with a hash rate limiter on miners.  Let's say you limit a miner's hash rate to 1TH/s.  Fine.  Now you get 10,000 miners with 1 TH/s.  How is the end result in any way different than you being on a pool with miners of all different speeds, but the pool's total is still that same 10 PH/s?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:37:50 AM

This means that if a block is found by the pool the reward will be greater than if you were to mine in a larger pool.

Do you just want bigger less frequent payouts? You can already do that with some pools.

Anyway the idea does not really make sense unless you are talking about Proportional Payout pools, which died back in 2011 due to pool hopping strategies adversely affecting this type of pool.
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:11:12 AM

This means that if a block is found by the pool the reward will be greater than if you were to mine in a larger pool.

Do you just want bigger less frequent payouts? You can already do that with some pools.

Anyway the idea does not really make sense unless you are talking about Proportional Payout pools, which died back in 2011 due to pool hopping strategies adversely affecting this type of pool.
The second paragraph explains exactly what you are asking, at least the first half does. Its not for the purpose increasing you mining rewards on paper.

PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:42:34 PM

The second paragraph explains exactly what you are asking, at least the first half does. Its not for the purpose increasing you mining rewards on paper.
Why not just test your luck on a solo pool then?
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:44:46 PM

isnt that a contradiction, isnt the point of solo mining not to be in a pool ?

PassThePopcorn

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:55:52 PM

Isn't your goal of testing your "luck" then a contradiction to solo mining? Your second paragraph says this

The object is for people to test their "LUCK". I hope the idea is clear. If not or if anyone is interested in the idea send me a message, i would love to help. Whether it be with Some btc or a domain. I dont want to pay someone to do this, I would like to partner or assists if anyone would have me Smiley
Describe in detail your idea otherwise there is no difference to another pool that is already out. And without being different what is the purpose of creating another one?

Here's a link to the ck solo pool, -ck maintains and runs the pool and if your machine is lucky you win the block while only paying a 1% fee, it solves your not wanting to pay for the pool to be created, as you only pay a fee if you are successful at finding a block and fulfills the testing your "LUCK" part also.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:58:49 PM

I have an idea for a pool that i would love to see developed. As far as i can see no one has made a pool that limits the Amount of miners or hashrate. Although the concept seems counter productive to you making money, the Idea is to create a small pool with a limited Hashrate per person and in total. This means that if a block is found by the pool the reward will be greater than if you were to mine in a larger pool.

There are a couple free pool scripts out there and the options for configuring users are pretty good.  You should be able to make the mods you need from within those scripts without even changing the coding itself.
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:13:19 PM

Isn't your goal of testing your "luck" then a contradiction to solo mining? Your second paragraph says this

Describe in detail your idea otherwise there is no difference to another pool that is already out. And without being different what is the purpose of creating another one?

Here's a link to the ck solo pool, -ck maintains and runs the pool and if your machine is lucky you win the block while only paying a 1% fee, it solves your not wanting to pay for the pool to be created, as you only pay a fee if you are successful at finding a block and fulfills the testing your "LUCK" part also.

Okay let me clarify this, According to Statistics it doesnt matter which pool you mine at, you will always get the same results (correct?)
This is true unless the pool never finds a block. My understanding of blocks states that after a certain number of shares the block SHOULD be solved, This however does not always happen. The given number of shares required is just and average. So if i am correct then its possible that a BTC block could be found after only a million shares. If on average it takes a pool of 100 THS 1 week to hit a block, and this set pool of lets say 100 miners manage to hit a small block after 2 hours. This block only needed 2 million shares. Thus the miners have made a weeks worth of BTC in 2 hours. Or maybe they get to a block that take 6 weeks to mine. Thats the variance of luck, The point of the pool would be to consolidate a group of smaller miners, much like taking 10 of CK solo pools users and pooling the resources with the luck factor.

PassThePopcorn

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:24:30 PM

Okay let me clarify this, According to Statistics it doesnt matter which pool you mine at, you will always get the same results (correct?)
This is true unless the pool never finds a block. My understanding of blocks states that after a certain number of shares the block SHOULD be solved, This however does not always happen. The given number of shares required is just and average. So if i am correct then its possible that a BTC block could be found after only a million shares. If on average it takes a pool of 100 THS 1 week to hit a block, and this set pool of lets say 100 miners manage to hit a small block after 2 hours. This block only needed 2 million shares. Thus the miners have made a weeks worth of BTC in 2 hours. Or maybe they get to a block that take 6 weeks to mine. Thats the variance of luck, The point of the pool would be to consolidate a group of smaller miners, much like taking 10 of CK solo pools users and pooling the resources with the luck factor.
Ok so something like what philipma1957 was doing here but as a pool?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322017.0
XERES (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:40:42 PM

Ok so something like what philipma1957 was doing here but as a pool?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322017.0
Yes

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:07:52 AM

i.e you don't get paid what you input to the pool if you are a larger miner, only a smaller limit, and effectively any big miner is giving away his hash rate to all the smaller miners ... and making a loss.
So, yeah, why would anyone do that and make a loss mining?

philipma1957's project was for tiny USB miners and yeah people could (and did) throw extra in to help the cause.

Unfortunately the results of tiny miners is, you don't expect to find a block, and they didn't.
Not a big deal since the risk was small, but anyone with any sizeable amount of hash obviously isn't going to want to give it away to smaller miners ... and lose money ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: