Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is bitcoin being used for?  (Read 1963 times)
newtocryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:56:51 AM

there are hardly any merchants that accept bitcoin in India. The only true initiative I have seen is by ZebPay to really expand the ecosystem. They have been sincerely trying to get merchants aboard.

the only other business seems to be bitcoin exchanges which was absolutely necessary. Now that people have a way to acquire bitcoins, what next?

I really don't see the future or a plan of Bitcoin in India. I wonder what people are using Bitcoin for? as an investment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IIIIIHIIIII

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:13:06 AM

Since i do not own any Credit or Debit cards i use Bitcoins to buy stuff online. With the help of Zebpay i am able to buy stuff from places where they don't accept Bitcoins directly yet i.e flipkart, jabong etc.

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:51:56 PM

Yes thats true that there's hardly any Indian merchant that accept Bitcoin but the question is why do you want to use bitcoin when you can pay with fiat? I use bitcoin to pay online merchants based outside India because i dont have credit card and dont want to use PayPal.But for the merchants based in India,there are many payment options available like net banking,debit card etc and for buying physical goods,almost all reputed sellers/merchants/ecommerce sites accept cash in delivery as well.Now why would a common man still want to use bitcoin for payment is beyond my comprehension
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:17:10 AM

Until Bitcoin Technology is not accepted by India, their wont be any Merchant that will use Bitcoin as payment option, Where their is Legal and Accepted by Government their you can see the progress of Bitcoin and you can see lot of Merchant are using Bitcoin as payment option. In India Bitcoin is used as investment for long term, In future if Bitcoin get recognized that time you can see the value of your bitcoin growing vast. But still you can use Bitcoin online for your mobile recharge , online shopping and you can sell the bitcoin and convert it in your fiat currency.

SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:07:24 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 09:09:28 PM by SirLancelot

In most of the country still people use uᴉoɔʇᴉq as investment. But many new business are start accepting bitcoin payments. Soon you will find more merchants to spend uᴉoɔʇᴉq.
newtocryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:25:12 PM

Yes thats true that there's hardly any Indian merchant that accept Bitcoin but the question is why do you want to use bitcoin when you can pay with fiat? I use bitcoin to pay online merchants based outside India because i dont have credit card and dont want to use PayPal.But for the merchants based in India,there are many payment options available like net banking,debit card etc and for buying physical goods,almost all reputed sellers/merchants/ecommerce sites accept cash in delivery as well.Now why would a common man still want to use bitcoin for payment is beyond my comprehension

which online merchants do you use to purchase?
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:39:41 PM

But the price of the zebpay is too high , it is much better that we can convert the bitcoin to fiat currency and then do the normal purchasing that will be more profitable. Apart from that for Indian Bitcoin is right now only for Investment is good as the fiat currency conversion is good. This can also be as a part time side income which anyone can generate it.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 09:00:21 PM

I think many indians like me see bitcoin as a long term investment.We believe in holding bitcoin and expect Bitcoin price to go as high as 10,000$ in future as some predicts.Many others may use it for online transactions or short term trading
IIIIIHIIIII

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:32:43 AM

But the price of the zebpay is too high , it is much better that we can convert the bitcoin to fiat currency and then do the normal purchasing that will be more profitable.

Huh Zebpay gives you discount if you buy vouchers from them.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 08:39:54 PM

But the price of the zebpay is too high , it is much better that we can convert the bitcoin to fiat currency and then do the normal purchasing that will be more profitable.

Huh Zebpay gives you discount if you buy vouchers from them.

Yes you must download Zebpay app a see for yourself
ChiPh

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:57:06 AM

From what I have observed, majority of indian Zebpay users are using satoshis to recharge their talktime and buying vouchers from online shopping sites like flipkart. Very few people are actually using bitcoins as investment so that they can be cashed in the future. Since this is new concept here, people are still keeping a watch on the bitcoin market. 
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 05:03:06 AM

But the price of the zebpay is too high , it is much better that we can convert the bitcoin to fiat currency and then do the normal purchasing that will be more profitable. Apart from that for Indian Bitcoin is right now only for Investment is good as the fiat currency conversion is good. This can also be as a part time side income which anyone can generate it.

Normally Zebpay offers best rate on selling coins. Effectvely when you purchase voucher or airtime, you are selling coins at sell rate. On top of it, we offer great discounts ( Amazon 5%, Flipkart 4%,  Pizzahut 8%, Dominos 7%, CCD 6%, Bookmyshow 5% ). So all in all its always going to be a good deal for you if you want to shop with those merchants Smiley

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:16:17 AM

there are hardly any merchants that accept bitcoin in India. The only true initiative I have seen is by ZebPay to really expand the ecosystem. They have been sincerely trying to get merchants aboard.

the only other business seems to be bitcoin exchanges which was absolutely necessary. Now that people have a way to acquire bitcoins, what next?

I really don't see the future or a plan of Bitcoin in India. I wonder what people are using Bitcoin for? as an investment?

Hi newtocryptocurrency, i wonder why did u start with crypto currency when there are hardly any uses in India right now ?

The answer to this is what you are looking for. People will eventually start knowing the pros and cons and weigh them against fiat, and if they find it better they will implement it.

Even if right now companies are not accepting bitcoins they will eventually once their is clarity from RBI.

we need to have patience. And people who are already into bitcoins should take the initiative rather than waiting for something to happen.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:58:33 AM

i think more than 60% indian use bitcoin for long term investment. and bitcoin is not in too demand to require merchant service for bitcoin in india.yes but in future there will lot of merchant which accept bitcoin.
and accepting bitcoin will be normal things for all online shopping sites like flipkart,snapdeal...etc

bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:20:24 AM

Bitcoin mostly is used for trading and investing purpose. Its also used for purchasing and recharging stuff.

New comers want to feel what is it all about that making so much buzz in world. So just for the experience purpose as well considering a future buy the bitcoin and keep it.
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:33:48 PM

Since there are not many merchants that accept Bitcoin,most of us have to first convert our coins to Fiat when we want to use bitcoin.I can say that in 90% of bitcoin is used for trading purpose because of it's ever changing price
Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:29:18 AM

I see BTC as a real currency, a real real real BTC currency.
I use it to do what I do with INR, internationally, decentralized without any crackdown from the government.
It gives me the freedom, the real freedom and allows me to f*** KYC...

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:44:27 AM

I use it to do what I do with INR, internationally, decentralized without any crackdown from the government.

You can buy food and pizza,pay rent,school and utility bills with INR and the list is very long.Can you do the same with bitcoin in India?
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 01:06:59 PM

You can buy food and pizza,pay rent,school and utility bills with INR and the list is very long.Can you do the same with bitcoin in India?
No,he can't because bitcoin didn't get too much fame to use instated of fiat currency.specially in india. there are few services like zebpay which can give you recharge,vouchers in limited stocks,hope shopping in future.

Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 06:52:13 AM

Potentially can if there are services enough...

No,he can't because bitcoin didn't get too much fame to use instated of fiat currency.specially in india. there are few services like zebpay which can give you recharge,vouchers in limited stocks,hope shopping in future.
Overstock accepts Bitcoin, we can also buy stuff from Overstock with bitcoin and get it shipped to house.
No middlemen like Zebpay allowed...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: